Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

With my PC completely turned off, if I turn it on with anything other than an ethernet cable, mouse, and keyboard plugged-in, then the BIOs will simply not post. It just hangs at a blank screen with a tiny white line in the upper left corner of my monitor. I need to unplug anything else but what was mentioned, and then press the restart button and it will proceed as normal. Easy work around, but would really prefer to not have to do this on the rare occasions that I turn my PC off, or when it needs to be restarted, and it's something that your PC shouldn't be doing in the first place.

Motherboard: Asrock B650M-C AM5 Micro ATX (firmware 1.20 https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B650M-C/index.us.asp#BIOS )
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 Processor 7800X3D
RAM: 32GB (16GBx2) DDR5/6000MHz
Power: 850 Watts
GPU: GeForce RTX 4070 Ti 12GB GDDR6X

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I said come in! posted:

With my PC completely turned off, if I turn it on with anything other than an ethernet cable, mouse, and keyboard plugged-in, then the BIOs will simply not post. It just hangs at a blank screen with a tiny white line in the upper left corner of my monitor. I need to unplug anything else but what was mentioned, and then press the restart button and it will proceed as normal. Easy work around, but would really prefer to not have to do this on the rare occasions that I turn my PC off, or when it needs to be restarted, and it's something that your PC shouldn't be doing in the first place.

That includes the monitor?

What are the other peripherals? It's possible a device is damaged/broken. Or that a certain cable is messed up and needs to be replaced.

Another possibility is that one of the ports on the motherboard is damaged in some way.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Boots with monitor plugged in as well, using a display port on graphics card. Will try process of elimination, booting up with one of the problematic devices (USB 32GB stick, Astro MixAmp), trying each USB port and seeing if PC boots on any of them, and which ones it doesnt. I bet you're onto something with a USB port being broken.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Okay update, did my process of elimination, got it down to a 32GB memory stick, and the Astro MixAmp as the culprits. Neither can be plugged in during boot. Once I am in Windows I am okay to go ahead and plug them back in and they work fine. Just confused still as to why this might be happening.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

There could be a setting in the BIOS that is defaulting to trying to boot from any plugged in USB device.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A new bios update that just recently came out, fixed this issue. :toot: