Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Johnny Keats posted:

I would rather not lunch Salad. Salad, who would you want to vote?

Considering Squiggly’s lurked all game and is still alive somehow I’d go for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Also still sus on Josef even after all this time

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

still finding it likely, sort of like with Toal, the scum are shutting the gently caress up

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

saladscooper posted:

Considering Squiggly’s lurked all game and is still alive somehow I’d go for him

yeah, braincell

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
If Josef and Squig both turn out town idk, I’d have to reread. Could be Keats? Moritz?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
In fact ##vote Squiggly

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm definitely down to flip Squiggly tomorrow.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

saladscooper posted:

Sure. ##Vote Squiggly

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Squiggly seems like a fine vote but not sure I like keeping salad around, seems weird that this shift kinda popped up when it did

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I want to repeat that scum thwarted our attempt to Snoop Scoop night two. Toal was in our masonry and knew the Snoop action. Without Toal, the action succeeded. I don't know how else to interpret that other than deliberate sabotage. Why bother sabotaging it if salad is town?

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

I'm definitely down to flip Squiggly tomorrow.

Same

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Somberbrero posted:

I want to repeat that scum thwarted our attempt to Snoop Scoop night two. Toal was in our masonry and knew the Snoop action. Without Toal, the action succeeded. I don't know how else to interpret that other than deliberate sabotage. Why bother sabotaging it if salad is town?

##vote salad

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: saladscooper was actually town, I can't believe you all.

Votecount for Day 4

saladscooper (6): Somberbrero, Potato Salad, Tea Party Crasher, Idle Amalgam, Tea Party Crasher, Potato Salad, Tea Party Crasher, Tired Moritz, JosefStalinator, Potato Salad
Squiggly (2): saladscooper, Johnny Keats

Not Voting (2): Hal Insandenza, Squiggly

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Larry pleads for mercy as O'Roark drags him before Al's widow, bruised and bloodied. He assure them that he actually killed anyone, that it was all his late brother's fault. O'Roark says nothing as he step behind the man. He makes it quick.

quote:

Larry Watkins, the Nervous Engineer, has been executed Day 4
Scum Poisoner

You are a Poisoner. If you make a night kill, your target does not die the turn that you visit them. Instead, they die the following night. Roleblocking effects prevent this kill on the night of the visit, lifesaving effects prevent it on the night of the death.

You are Scum. You may talk to other scum at any time via a private channel. Each night, one scum may ##Kill a target by declaring their intent in the private channel. You win if the scum start a day with a controlling share of remaining votes, or if all non-scum players are otherwise eliminated.

Ames doesn't wait for his turn. By the time Larry's body hits the floor, he's already long gone, hiking up into the woods. Everything went to poo poo, and he wanted no part of it anymore. Maybe if he could avoid the police patrols he could make a new life somewhere. No chance of heading home, not with the Crows still around.

quote:

Nelson Ames, the Bent Cop, has been modkilled for multiple days of lurking.
Scum Cleaner

You are a Cleaner. Each night, you may ##Clean a target, including yourself. Any investigation actions into the target that night return as boring and benign (eg. vanilla town, visiting and visited by nobody, ect), though their flip is unaffected.

You are Scum. You may talk to other scum at any time via a private channel. Each night, one scum may ##Kill a target by declaring their intent in the private channel. You win if the scum start a day with a controlling share of remaining votes, or if all non-scum players are otherwise eliminated.

The tawny furred dog looks back disappointedly at the mill. He pauses at the edge of the forest, and returns to his form as a man. Huey Wasset, the man who had hired the crew to steal the relics in the first place. There was not enough blood, not this time, but the curse remained, and there would be another chance.

quote:

Huey Wasset, the Buyer’s Agent, aka Huy, the Funerary Priest, has been foiled and departed the game.
Self-Aligned Bulletproof Medium

You are a Bulletproof Medium. You are immune to scum night kills, but are not alerted when one is attempted on you. When a player dies, you are povided with a list of all night actions that player performed prior to their death, the night they occurred, and the results of and any information gained via those actions.

You are Self-Aligned. If you are alive upon the 14th death, the bloodshed appeases Set, you perform the ritual of resurrection, and win the game. You lose if Scum or Town win prior to the 14th death, or if you die. You count as Town for purposes of controlling the vote, and do not count as a threat to Town for purposes of their victory.

The murder stop. Friends are lost and the Crows are wounded, but a heart remains. The relics' buyer has vanished, and with it the oversized payday they were expecting. There are always buyers for Egyptian artifacts, however, and the cash would provide the nest egg for the next generation of Crows.

The game end in a Town Victory!

Well, that's not really how I wanted to end things but there was no point in dragging it out further. The Informed role was the critical error in this setup: I didn't think trough out it would interact with eight players having confirmed roles from the masonries. There was some really heroic play anyway, and I think some of the experimental stuff in this setup produced interesting dynamics, so thank you everyone for participating!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
The goal of the informed role was to hopefully generate real conversation on Day 1, since that's a bugbear of mine. Since writing this setup, I've brainstormed a few others I think I like better, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

fool of sound posted:

The goal of the informed role was to hopefully generate real conversation on Day 1, since that's a bugbear of mine. Since writing this setup, I've brainstormed a few others I think I like better, however.

a conversation it sure as hell started, holy smokes

intense paranoia and distrust right from the get go