Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

I have no opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

i read submission eight years ago. it wasn’t nearly as edgy or controversial as the discourse wanted you to think. parts of it was kind of funny, but easily forgotten

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

I read elementary particles and whatever a few years ago . Too much sex stuff for me.

s_c_a_r_e_
May 9, 2003

he's bad OP. either on purpose or as a gimmick. he's bad either way.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Only read his little book on Lovecraft and thought it was p good

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Well hell. I guess old Tumnus is just a loverman by trade.
lovecraft essay good. submission was funny, i enjoyed it but it's not deep or prescient. serotonin started as one thing and became a very different thing, to the point that I was making this face :stare: at parts of it. Halfway through elementary particles now and enjoying it a lot but it's very sad, in a way that none of his other stuff comes close to recreating. i am not super familiar with his career but i'm kind of assuming this was the breakout

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

it's cool that he looks like the cryptkeeper and that he writes his self insert characters having sex with hot babes. one cool trick you can do when you're a cadaverous french pervert

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

it owns that in submission, his narrator goes on about how men age gracefully, while women deteriorate with a sudden and devastating force, and i’m like “michel, have you looked at a mirror the past, idk, 15 years?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Lovecraft book is excellent

Fiction-wise, imo he said absolutely everything he had to say with Extension du Domaine de la Lutte and everything since has been an increasingly pointless reworking of those ideas