Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duuk
Sep 4, 2006

Victorious, he returned to us, claiming that he had slain the drought where even Orlanth could not. The god-talkers were not sure what to make of this.
Many moons ago I got a Photoshop Elements 6.0 key/disc bundled with my Wacom Bamboo.
I am migrating to a new computer and I can't find the bloody installation disc. The software is still installed and working on the old PC.

Can I read the key from the files on the old PC somewhere?
(Can I then register it on my Adobe account to never lose it again, considering it's an ancient piece of software? This is less important than finding it in the first place).
The old PC is running Windows 10 Home 64bit, upgraded from 8.1 64 bit on the fly.

I tried googling and searched the Adobe support rigamarole, but I might be asking the wrong questions because I'm not overly familiar with file/license systems. Also, new software is largely digitally distributed so there's a lot of contextually unhelpful noise on how to find your Adobe account.

Edit: I did read the rules and template, but the specs of my computers seem kind of irrelevant to the question. Or if they're not I'm even more clueless than expected.

Edit2: I think it might be hidden in plain sight on the splash screen. It's just a numbered serial in that case, not alphanumeric. Looking into it. Apparently Adobe has made finding installation files interesting.

Edit3: Supposedly PS Elements 6 was never available as a download. Either I find the install disc, keep using it on the old PC or migrate to something else. poo poo.

Duuk fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jun 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU