Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I feel like I have put more money into the take a penny leave a penny than I've taken (so a negative tplpr). Maybe 0.8 but it's a wild guess. I wonder if the jars ever get full enough that the clerk has to empty it? does it go into their pocket?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I’ve never taken a penny nor left a penny, but I’ve probably thrown a couple hundred bucks into the Ronald McDonald House bucket in the drive thru.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I feel like the effort to take or leave a penny is worth way more than a penny.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I melt my pennies down for the zinc and copper

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I feel like I have put more money into the take a penny leave a penny than I've taken (so a negative tplpr). Maybe 0.8 but it's a wild guess. I wonder if the jars ever get full enough that the clerk has to empty it? does it go into their pocket?

when i worked at a gas station, if the dish got real full i would start pulling a penny out for customers who paid in cash on totals with 1/6 on the end

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
1st world countries have gotten rid of such a small denomination.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

im going to marry a woman named penny so every single time we go to a store with a take a penny leave a penny thing i'll look at her and say "ill take this penny!" and itll be funny for a month or so before she divorces me

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
not penny's boat

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I crave acknowledgement so I always look the cashier in the eye and place five fresh red pennies in the tray. I nod, crisply turn and scream out in a quick jog.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
take a piss, leave a piss

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Literally A Person posted:

I crave acknowledgement so I always look the cashier in the eye and place five fresh red pennies in the tray. I nod, crisply turn and scream out in a quick jog.

Ew. Vain. You're vain.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Smugworth posted:

Ew. Vain. You're vain.

It's my one flaw.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I've never engaged with it one way or the other. Pennies should be abolished.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Literally A Person posted:

It's my one flaw.

https://giant.gfycat.com/SizzlingThickIbis.mp4
THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH vanisher

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i make sure anything i'm buying adds up to a multiple of 5 after tax

it turns shopping into a fun puzzle game and i no longer have to acknowledge pennies

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

a penny saved is a penny earned, so i always pay with pennies format the little bowl instead of my own

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
if there are nickles or dimes in there i take them.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Chinatown posted:

if there are nickles or dimes in there i take them.

Get that money

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I walk in dressed up in my atompunk costume and leave a bottle cap

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Oh I always thought it said "Take a penis, leave a penis". The penny thing makes a lot more sense.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

loving communists.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Honestly not sure I've ever actually seen one of these. I would neither take nor leave a penny if I did though. Who the hell uses cash these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
I've never done either. It's all a big scam by the copper industry. Do your research.