Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

BigBadSteve posted:

Should be awarded Post Of The Year IMO.

jimmyjams wept

out his rear end, in fart form

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

MrQwerty posted:

So we legit got 3 wizard masters now

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

*toilet flushing*

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

redshirt posted:

Is there a Sound of Freedom Cinematic Universe?

It's called QAnon

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

This isn't Wizard Master posting, Wizard Master doesn't have an OG brand of posting, it's literally just social media engagement bait posting on SA

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

not even very good stuff at that, more like "I got my bachelor's degree in marketing" with a 2.1 GPA bait posting

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The sound of freedom is Jim Caviezel's balls getting crushed in a vice grip

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Shinjobi posted:

The sound of freedom is Jim Caviezel's balls getting crushed in a vice grip

The sound of freedom (from having descendants)

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Is it actually a propaganda movie by traitors for traitors or just a dumb Very Special Episode action film they latched onto?

Counted
Apr 28, 2023
The Sound of Freedom*

*From Thinking Critically about how Poverty, a Lack of Social Programs and Welfare, and underfunded DCFs Lead to Trafficking by Escaping into a Hero Fantasy Where All It Takes is a Few Rogues Breaking the Rules to Stop Traffickers Instead

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Just a reminder for anyone going for ironic viewing: the people presented as rescuing children in the "true story" are under investigation for trafficking children.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
So I will never see this movie, but can someone spoiler it for me? Specifically, what does freedom sound like? TIA!

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

someone made a great post in the RLM 2023 thread revealing that Jim Caviezel is actually loving insane

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4020921&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=777#post533242727

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

redshirt posted:

So I will never see this movie, but can someone spoiler it for me? Specifically, what does freedom sound like? TIA!
You ever seen that movie "Barbarians" from 1987?

You know that scene where they're hanging the Barbarians and the first one starts making that weird noise?

It sounds like that.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Jelly posted:

You ever seen that movie "Barbarians" from 1987?

You know that scene where they're hanging the Barbarians and the first one starts making that weird noise?

It sounds like that.

Hmm, scanning databanks.....

Counted
Apr 28, 2023

Random Stranger posted:

Just a reminder for anyone going for ironic viewing: the people presented as rescuing children in the "true story" are under investigation for trafficking children.

Yeah, and apparently the founder stepped away from the org on the month of this film's release, the guy lionized by this movie as the main character. Seems suspicious, like something is going to come out about this guy.

I'm also going to open up a bit to make a point, because gently caress this movie.

I've had experiences with privatized nonprofits that are supposed to help children, due to being a foster kid in Florida, and ones like O.U.R. often are nontransparent for a reason. They are more focused on P.R. and things that can be used dramatically as a bullet point on their Wikipedia page to secure more funding than the well-being of the kids they are supposed to help.

It's a different organization than O.U.R., but Florida used privatized foster care which cut corners and allowed for more sex trafficking and abuse as children disappeared. You can read more here.

I was not trafficked, but I was treated like dogshit in that system. Anyone who gave a poo poo about trafficking or child abuse would speak against the underfunding of the DCF in states across the country(not just Florida), encourage transparency from state systems dealing with tracking children,, advocate for mental health support for these children, and seek to address poverty among poorer parents to avoid situations where a child is further exposed to this risk to begin with.

They certainly wouldn't release a movie with plot points that seem to imply that the real problems lie outside of the U.S. and only in law enforcement's hands.

gently caress this movie, gently caress O.U.R., and gently caress half of the U.S. and their inability to look our own country's demons in the face long enough to see what needs to be done to help kids over here.

Sorry, I do find some dark humor in this but I'm mostly just pissed off because I know that the usual conservative outrage machines online that you see on Facebook and the like are suddenly going to convince themselves they're experts about sex trafficking and child abuse, while ignoring that 1/3 of the unhomed people they vote against helping yearly were themselves kids that the system failed to help already *because* of their blind spots and fake righteousness when it comes to them actually caring about this issue, because if they truly cared they'd do the 5 minutes of research it takes to unlearn the false information they're spreading that it's only FOREIGN TRAFFICKERS AND GROOMERS that need to be addressed to stop this problem. It's exhausting.

Counted fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jul 18, 2023

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Lol it was BIG DICK BUTT gently caress

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

MrQwerty posted:

Lol it was BIG DICK BUTT gently caress

gently caress, I overestimated the GPA!!!

he got a 1.4 iirc

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

MrQwerty posted:

Ayup, looks like you've got a full blown infestation here. This here's why you really want to nip them in the bud, if y'all called us the first time you saw one we could have probably just done a quick spray and called it good. At this point, they're probably in the drywall, in the attic... we're looking at a couple days of fumigating, for sure.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Hell yeah

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Counted posted:

It's a different organization than O.U.R., but Florida used privatized foster care which cut corners and allowed for more sex trafficking and abuse as children disappeared. You can read more here.

Big shout out to Lutheran Services, who made fostering so difficult that most of the decent people I know who fostered in the past have stopped.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

You Are A Elf posted:

When I went to the theater to see The Great Mouse Detective in 1986, the power went out halfway through the movie due to a huge storm. When I went to see Dick Tracy in 1990, the same thing almost happened during another huge storm (it didn’t, though).

Does Disney use weather machines to turn the power off during movies??? And what are they hiding from us???????

Man you got to see great mouse detective in a theater? That's neat

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

I mean, they got to see half of it

so is that ne or is that at

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My mom texted me today saying she saw the most inspiring and informative movie. after confirming it wasn't transformers: World of beast Wars I watched the trailer for this thing. It looks like some sort of hallmark tier poo poo.

Counted posted:

the usual conservative outrage machines online that you see on Facebook and the like are suddenly going to convince themselves they're experts about sex trafficking and child abuse

100% yup

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

bait thread, good post

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
why did this movie become such a big thing to argue about?

Is it just the usual brainworms or is there something else going on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

This is it, the alpha male