Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Here's my pitch: Auction drafts are to snake drafts what watching fantasy football is to whatever boring poo poo we were doing watching football before fantasy.

It's like a snake draft, except instead of sitting around doing nothing and then picking a bad player at 144th overall, you can get ALL good players! Just bid on them and win!

Sataere and I did an intro to auction, last year, and it was a big success. So we want to run it back to get even more goons and absurdists into the absolutely mind-blowingly entertaining auction format.

Here's the big hook: We live-stream the draft on Youtube and give tons of advice. What your team is looking like, different directions it could be headed, etc. Join the league and tune into the draft and we will help you make a spectacular team you totally love.

$10 leaguesafe. Winner gets $60, second $30, third $10. If Sataere or I win, we will obviously donate it all to charity. But we won't win: It's a pretty big disadvantage to be spending your whole draft being completely transparent while also focusing heavily on helping others with their team construction.

If you've ever thought about trying auction, this league is for you!

https://www.leaguesafe.com/join/4138218

Saturday, August 26th, at 4 PM PST

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somedude
Mar 27, 2011
This is perfect for me. I'm in a work league that will always be snake drafting but I've been itching to do an auction draft that isn't some randos I'll never talk to on ESPN or whatever. I assume you are sending invites to people responding here; just made an account on leaguesafe called somedudeSA.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

somedude posted:

This is perfect for me. I'm in a work league that will always be snake drafting but I've been itching to do an auction draft that isn't some randos I'll never talk to on ESPN or whatever. I assume you are sending invites to people responding here; just made an account on leaguesafe called somedudeSA.

Welcome! When you join on leaguesafe it should give you a link to the league. Let me know if that's not the case.

somedude
Mar 27, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

Welcome! When you join on leaguesafe it should give you a link to the league. Let me know if that's not the case.

Sigh. After making a new account it brought me to the generic profile page and my tired-rear end last night just didn't notice the link was to the specific league and not just the main site itself. I'm in now.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Anyone else interested? Is the $10 entry a barrier?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

somedude posted:

Sorry, I guess we converted everyone last year, as no one else joined.

I'll issue a full refund to you and cancel the invite soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somedude
Mar 27, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

Sorry, I guess we converted everyone last year, as no one else joined.

I'll issue a full refund to you and cancel the invite soon.

No problem man, that's the way things go. I'll probably still look for other options for an auction league, same that it probably won't be here where I could post with other goons.