Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Edit: fixed link http://sleeper.com/i/YOOWNNkw0Me3

9 teams, already. Auction, PPR. Pretty casual, my mom is doing it as her first league.

Draft is this Friday night. Free to enter, I'll mail the winner a bottle of homemade sauce.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somedude
Mar 27, 2011
Okay, let's hope me joining this time isn't a kiss of death for others joining the league. I will note though that the link here didn't work for me, it just brought me to a blank page. I had to use the link I found on the Discord channel.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

somedude posted:

Okay, let's hope me joining this time isn't a kiss of death for others joining the league. I will note though that the link here didn't work for me, it just brought me to a blank page. I had to use the link I found on the Discord channel.

You bring it up yo ten, so we are good to go even if I can't pack in 2 more.

Welcome!

somedude
Mar 27, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

You bring it up yo ten, so we are good to go even if I can't pack in 2 more.

Welcome!

Thanks. Just so others know, I only see the league at 9/12 right now so other people, feel free to join still.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

somedude posted:

Thanks. Just so others know, I only see the league at 9/12 right now so other people, feel free to join still.

I might be throwing off the numbers. I offered to be the final sacrifice if nobody else stepped up for the last slot. :)

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

I might be throwing off the numbers. I offered to be the final sacrifice if nobody else stepped up for the last slot. :)

Nah, I have to walk my mom through getting a sleeper account and signing up. She knows ball, but she's 79

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
At 9 teams, now. Just need 1 more and I'm going to cap it at 10 since this is intended to be a really casual league.

Join so Quiet Feet can enjoy their Friday Night off!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
So what I've learned from this now-full league is that my family actually listens to me when I'm muttering while giving fantasy football advice to online randos.

I brought my 10 year old sons and my 79 year old mother together to teach them "fantasy football" as they are all doing this league for their first redraft experience.

Kelce gets nominated, my mother says "he won't produce as much compared to how much he costs versus the guys on my list." You have a list??

Chase is nominated, "oh, you like this guy, remember, you should get him!" "No thanks, I already have two players so I'm going to just wait until the market cools before getting another guy."

The kids/moms are alright.

somedude
Mar 27, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

So what I've learned from this now-full league is that my family actually listens to me when I'm muttering while giving fantasy football advice to online randos.

I brought my 10 year old sons and my 79 year old mother together to teach them "fantasy football" as they are all doing this league for their first redraft experience.

Kelce gets nominated, my mother says "he won't produce as much compared to how much he costs versus the guys on my list." You have a list??

Chase is nominated, "oh, you like this guy, remember, you should get him!" "No thanks, I already have two players so I'm going to just wait until the market cools before getting another guy."

The kids/moms are alright.

Oh no, my plans to totally abuse the draft are in shambles.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

If you filled without me that's good. I'm in this weird spot where I want to do another auction draft for funsies but don't actually want to join another league lol.

somedude
Mar 27, 2011

Quiet Feet posted:

If you filled without me that's good. I'm in this weird spot where I want to do another auction draft for funsies but don't actually want to join another league lol.

Just admit you're scared of losing to DrunkNerd's grandma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

Thanks for being an alternate! I always love to have an alternate for any leagues I'm commissioner of. I see so many "this person dropped out last minute so we are doing an 11 team league" posts and it always makes me shudder.