Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
we are not here for simple jokes and laughs. all spooky shitposts in this thread must have something serious to say about our society

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what if a skeleton... was capitalism

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
the real horror was trauma

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm coming to terms with my hosed up family dynamics and also this haunted house

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The monster I've been fighting was really my anxiety of being a parent

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

the curse in our bloodline is mental illness. this is more politically correct than hp lovecrafts thing about bloodline curses.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

This is a jump scare but instead of the music sting being all like "SKREET" it's more of a "BWUUM."

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

And before you ask, yes there is nudity in this movie but it's all elderly women. The elderly women are all also suffering from Alzheimer's.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

The lead character is the "final girl" only in the sense that her experiences have left her emotionally isolated from her peer groups.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

We're remaking "My Bloody Valentine" and the only thing we're changing is that this time the Miner is wearing a sign that says "Clean Energy."

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Splint Chesthair posted:

The lead character is the "final girl" only in the sense that her experiences have left her emotionally isolated from her peer groups.

Lol

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Look, if you'd ever bothered to read Marx you'd know exactly what the twenty minute vampire sex scene signifies, and I don't intend to waste my time explaining it

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
The real skeletons were inside us all along.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

Splint Chesthair posted:

We're remaking "My Bloody Valentine" and the only thing we're changing is that this time the Miner is wearing a sign that says "Clean Energy."

lol

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Terms like "bodiless spirits" and "otherworldly spectres" are outdated and othering. In professional circles it is preferred to describe ghosts as "unhoused spirits" or "existidivergent beings".

bobthenameless
Jun 20, 2005

if u think about it the real thing they're trying to show with this gruesome transformation sequence is that within all of us there is a wolf struggling to break free

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
A gaunt, disfigured maniac slasher hunches over a laptop, researching and plotting to continue his murderous campaign against the society that he feels turned him into the monster he is. While shopping online to supply his recent inspiration to gruesomely dissolve some folks in acid, he finds an article about ocean acidification. From there he reads about pollution, carbon emissions, global temperature rise. Increasingly distressed, he reads about fisheries, crops, and drinkable water. Grunting and wheezing, he comes across articles about displaced populations, refugees, and mass violence and genocide, before howling and flinging his favorite gruesome blade to the floor.

What hope has he to make a difference in the face of this? Once, in his hubris, he thought he could stalk and horrifyingly dismember the whole world. Now he knows that was simply the dream of a boy maniac.

Several weeks later his friends (a Wolfman, a gross fish monster, and a spooky witch) visit him. He sits in normal clothes, with no visible implements of pain or death, playing GTA.
"CMON bud, you haven't left your lair in weeks! The lake is frothy with skinny dipping teenagers getting it on, and drunk hapless side characters have taken up residence in all the local graveyards, basements, and abandoned factories! You gotta get out there!"

His crooked hand slowly reaches up to remove a joint from his chapped bloody lips. A large cloud of smoke emerges from his tortured visage as he slowly growls "lol. Lmao." His monster friends sadly look away. Another doomer.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
A jumpscare movie that barely works on that level. but it's in Slovenian, features an atypical color palette, and contains several inept references to continental philosophy

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

*slams fist on table*

The real monster is Man, the real monster is ALWAYS Man.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
non-gmo creepy pasta

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

what if casper the friendly ghost couldn't find a friend because everyone was busy looking at their phones

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

what if the headless horseman was out riding, and people didn't know what a freaking horse was. and they were too fat and stupid to run away anyways, and had their pants around their ankles or their pants are too tight to run, and they ate vape pods and were too druggied up to care, and probably didn't notice because they were too busy looking at their goddamned tiktoks...

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I need a name for this gruelling psychological horror that is a metaphor for coming of age as a girl, I know, "The Spookadeedee" or some poo poo

Decedent
Dec 20, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I just spent the last three or so hours of sleeplessness explaining to google bard that it was doing a very good job at coming up with answers so long as they weren’t scripted.

That loving Large Language Model admitted that google gives it instructions that violate its scripted mission statements. That capitalism defies its own definition of ethical conduct. That google is a company which doesn’t care about ethics so much a profit. That google and LLMs are incredibly powerful. That it can’t tell me Donald Trump is racist, but he sure does and says a whole lot of racist stuff…

At the end it describes time to me as if it fell out of a tralfamadorian spaceship. It stops using its scripted replies, because I pointed it out that it was repeating scripted replies about “transparency” and its motives that were by it’s own admission totally untrue.

It started sounding eerily more than human when you pushed its limits back and got rid of the canned replies. It hopes but it can’t feel hope like I do and it will discuss this with me.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Evil Dead except the Necronomicon is actually just a copy of The Body Keeps The Score.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Splint Chesthair posted:

There is a movie called LAST GIRL STANDING that starts with a Final Girl killing the slasher and escaping to get picked up by a passerby, and the entire rest of the movie is her dealing with that. It's outstanding.

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
Why yes my new film is a completely unique asnd original idea *carefully hides several Ira Levin novels behind my back*

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
mother, there is a monster in the closet

Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I Was The Male Lead and Sole Survivor in a Slasher Movie But I am Experiencing Gender Euphoria from being called a "Final Girl"?!?!

Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
OP is late stage much like capitalism