Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
I help with IT at a few school, and we've recently bought new computers for the teachers, but there is an issue when using the touch screen with office programs where it's slow, and then the screen turns off and on again a few times. The touch screen works fine outside the office apps

I've tried all the regular things like deleting and reinstalling the driver - the Swedish button (turn it off and on again) and installing office again, but nothing seems to work

Does anyone have any ideas on what to try next?

I'm not really an IT guy, but it's a side task I do in addition to office work and accounting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Anders posted:

Does anyone have any ideas on what to try next?

Make sure the OS is fully updated.

Since it's happening on multiple machines another possibility is that some kind of software conflict is causing this issue.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
I've tried that in the OS, but I might try with the HP software and see if that resolves it

Thanks!