Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I searched and couldn't find a dedicated thread about VPNs.

I'm interested in getting a VPN so I can use public wifi securely and watch international Netflix and stuff, but I had a few (probably stupid) concerns.

1. I work from home and using a VPN on my work laptop is a no-no. Just having a VPN set up on my personal laptop wouldn't affect my work laptop at all, right?

2. Do VPNs slow down your internet speed? I have pretty speedy cable internet and while I don't do any gaming, I watch a lot of streaming stuff--but mostly on my TV and not my personal laptop. If there is a drop in speed, is it really noticeable at all?

3. Does having a VPN also hide if you are dling :files:?

4. Is there a generally recommended one? Nord? Express?

Again, please delete this if I somehow hosed up making this in the first place, but any tips would be welcomed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Closed by request of OP.