Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

HGH and Centaur Paintings is back for another season. Greetings from :china:China:china:, the sleeping baseball giant that will soon shake the MLB to its foundation with talent.

Feel free to name your team after anything honoring this emerging superpower. :china: :china: :china:

:siren: Stupid Special Rules :siren:
There is a :10bux: fee, with the money divvied up 60/30/10 to the first, second, and third place teams respectively. Every year the winner has been paid so your :10bux: ten dollars are safe with me.
Mandatory 3 Keeper rule: You must keep 3 players before the draft, despite how lovely your roster is. If you don't keep three players I will select them for you based upon average draft position.

This is an ESPN league with 80% goons in it. Scoring is Batting Average, HR, RBI, R, BBs, and SBs on offense. Ks, Wins, Saves, Holds, ERA, and WHIP on pitching.

We use the Free Agent Auction System which results in hilarious overpays for waiver wire guys and dudes that get called up for one start and then sent back down.

This is the current roster size. A couple seasons ago we added a 4th OF which helped prevent the glut of good OFs sitting on the waiver wire.

DRAFT DATE: We're hoping to draft Sunday, March 24th at 8:00PM EST. This should minimize everyone drafting players who get injured the following day playing meaningless exhibition games.

General Bullshit fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Mar 18, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Palatine Hill Ides Enjoyers: Checked in and paid
Taylor Street Taralli: Checked in and paid
Roman Legion XIII: Checked in
Syracuse Naiads: Checked in and paid
Tactical Retreat: Checked in and paid
Genoa Giganti: Checked in and paid
Palermo Pinch Hitters: Checked in and paid
Fat Tony's Fever Dream: Checked in and paid
It's Anti-Italian Arbitration: Checked in
Milan Meatballs: Checked in and paid

Please send your $10 to senatorjp@yahoo.com

General Bullshit fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Mar 25, 2024

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

oh hell yes

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Does the draft date not work for anyone? I had an email asking to push it back an hour. I know we have some east coast people who would be up later. I could move it to Saturday instead of Sunday.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Either time is fine with me.

Does this draft really take that long? I think I recall it taking like 90 minutes. That gets the East Coasters done at 9:30. Goons are getting old (myself included), but not THAT old.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

I'm no landlord but I'm ready to redistribute my :10bux: among the people once more

I'd prefer 7pm tbh, but it's no big deal.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Yeah usually we get done in like 90-120 minutes. The first couple rounds take a while and then it flies and everyone is yelling at each other for stealing a guy or forgetting someone was still available.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
let a hundred rosters blossom!

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Ah jeez. I didn’t realize you had posted a new thread like a week ago. I’m down with that draft time

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

:siren: Okay I have pushed the draft back one hour. :siren:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Ok I think we're just missing one person. Everyone else I think has checked in. Please send in your $10 bux to the email address.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I paid my buyin and the draft time is fine with me :cool:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Am I blind? I don't see the PayPal or Venmo info.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

coronaball posted:

Am I blind? I don't see the PayPal or Venmo info.

Oh sorry I had it on the league page but not here. It's senatorjp@yahoo.com

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

General Bullshit posted:

Oh sorry I had it on the league page but not here. It's senatorjp@yahoo.com

PayPal sent

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

We're still missing one person. I hope they come back if not I'm going to have to emergency find someone :( :( :(

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Well, poo poo. I'm not going to be able to be at home tonight, so I'll probably miss the draft. I have, however, entered my meticulously curated (lol) rankings into the ESPN thing, so we'll see what the system makes out of that. At least I won't be able to overrate a bunch of Cubs players. Can't wait to see my ragtag bunch of semi-injured players tomorrow lol.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Just a reminder to set your three keepers before the draft if not I will do it based upon ADP.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

General Bullshit posted:

Just a reminder to set your three keepers before the draft if not I will do it based upon ADP.

Can I set them in the app or is it a desktop only thing? And what spot are they kept at? I forgot.

EDIT: nm I think I found it

DOUBLE EDIT: Man, my team was so loving bad last year.

DeepDickPizza fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Mar 24, 2024

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Here is some music to listen to to prepare you for the draft:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjNpRbNdR7E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4Ytv8CikWY

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Here are the 2024 projections:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Thanks to the dude who paid today! :thumbsup:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

General Bullshit posted:

Thanks to the dude who paid today! :thumbsup:

:moonrio::moonrio::moonrio::moonrio::moonrio:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

General Bullshit posted:

Off-season champions, heck yes.

I read up on China's fledgling domestic league, and now I want a cartoony baseball arcade game featuring these six characters.

It's Anti-Italian Arbitration will be relocating to become the Tianjin Lions!

kalensc fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Mar 27, 2024

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

General Bullshit posted:

I normally put little stock in these draft grades, but last year it said I would be mediocre at best and that is in fact what happened. Now I'm concerned.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

kalensc posted:

Off-season champions, heck yes.

I read up on China's fledgling domestic league, and now I want a cartoony baseball arcade game featuring these six characters.

It's Anti-Italian Arbitration will be relocating to become the Tianjin Lions!

Huge Horses is one of the funniest names. It's like when I thought NPB had the Ham Fighters and it turned out that Ham was part of the company name.

coronaball posted:

I normally put little stock in these draft grades, but last year it said I would be mediocre at best and that is in fact what happened. Now I'm concerned.

Yeah in another draft it said I was going to be mediocre and I've never had that, it usually tells me my team sucks.

General Bullshit fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Apr 27, 2024

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Oh wtf I had set my starters for the whole week, gdi ESPN I needed this Wheeler start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

I would like to apologize to all the league members for not increasing the IL slot size. It's brutal this year.