Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

For as long as history was written, and likely stretching well into the ages before, humanity has been united in bemusement and disdain for that most despicable of creatures—the failson. Born into the upmost realms of privilege, these scions of great and powerful men are shunted into this world with every possible advantage; and yet, somehow, the only thing they make from it is a clown show.

Peter III, heir to the self-made empire of Peter the Great, was by all accounts a contemptible lad. Remembered fondly only for his japes, Peter III typified the manchild character of failsons. His rule was short and justly ended by the powerful feminine energy of his arranged bride. Catherine, as great if not greater than Peter I in her own right, once wrote of Peter III that, "there is nothing worse than having a child-husband."

Randolph Churchill? A joke. Stank and Choad? There’s multiple megathreads filled to the brim with their antics. Wyatt Koch? :lmao:

For all its self proclaimed ferocity, for all its domineering and bluster, the ultimate fruits of the patriarchy are these fools. Why is that? Perhaps it is in fact a pathology to build a culture on the foundation of daddy issues?

This is a thread for discussing such things; a place to point and laugh at these monstrous buffoons; a conversation on every aspect of failsons. :jpmf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
*looks up from armchair*

*takes off reading glasses*

*closes large, hardcover book, revealing cover with title HISTORY'S LARGEST CRAPS*

What on Earth are you talking about?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Suck My Dick You Fuckman

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Huh, I never knew Catherine hated Peter. I'm checking her letters now, fascinating stuff.

Although apparently part of what he did to anger his people was...quite justified

https://www.biography.com/royalty/catherine-the-great-peter-iii-marriage

"His mistrust of the Russian Orthodox Church led to passage of a new law that promised religious freedom for Russians, which the Church saw as a slap in the face. He made the killing of serfs (peasants who were legally owned by their wealthy masters) illegal. And he outlawed Russia’s notorious secret police."

All of that is pretty based but would very much anger the big players at the time - the church and the oligarchs.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Peter: Hey we should stop allowing people to be senselessly killed by the rich

Catherine: not on MY fuckin' watch

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Peter: Hey we should stop allowing people to have sex with horses

Catherine: not on MY fuckin' watch

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Juan Carlos was groomed to be the ultimate traditionalist monarch for fascist Spain and he immediately reinstituted democracy because he would rather party than run a dictatorship. Harnessing failson energy for the power of good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

the holy poopacy posted:

Juan Carlos was groomed to be the ultimate traditionalist monarch for fascist Spain and he immediately reinstituted democracy because he would rather party than run a dictatorship. Harnessing failson energy for the power of good.

you love to see it