Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I hope so too! I wouldn't mind double dipping on this game if it comes to PC. Sony also had that thing a few months ago where they expressed publicly their desire to bring more of their games to PC. I'm all here for that and hope they are serious about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'd double dip on the PC too. Game's super good and would love to see it get more of an audience.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Almost done with the storyline! But then I still have the main part of the game to complete; collecting all of the cats across all three regions.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Act 3: I just did the Ernest Satow fight and holy poo poo

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Lots of changes to combat this patch

I redid most of my outfits and decided I wanted to take screenshots of them in action poses. The frame-by-frame photo mode is just too good. Very dangerous for those who want to be good with time management.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

King of Solomon posted:

Act 3: I just did the Ernest Satow fight and holy poo poo

Can't help but find it hilarious that they made the official First Weeb of the Meiji Restoration so incredibly offputting.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Have any of you tried Midnight mode? I keep reading it's like an unreasonably massive difficulty spike from the previous difficulty options. A shame this game doesn't have the kind of NG+ Nioh 2 had, which was awesome because it just felt like another step up in difficulty without being too extreme and you got a whole new level of loot where the stats began to really matter (and you could start building things up). Hopefully that'll be something that's patched in along with better armor stat bonuses from armor. If you're going to have a ton of drops they really need to have good stuff on them!

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

I did the one Midnight mission for the trophy and didn’t feel like it was going to be worth doing much more than that. Rise’s loot isn’t that interesting, so just playing the game again with jazzed numbers and much tighter timing on everything wasn’t really a draw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jimbot posted:

Have any of you tried Midnight mode? I keep reading it's like an unreasonably massive difficulty spike from the previous difficulty options. A shame this game doesn't have the kind of NG+ Nioh 2 had, which was awesome because it just felt like another step up in difficulty without being too extreme and you got a whole new level of loot where the stats began to really matter (and you could start building things up). Hopefully that'll be something that's patched in along with better armor stat bonuses from armor. If you're going to have a ton of drops they really need to have good stuff on them!

I did and got about 2/3rds through Mdnight difficulty before stopping. The reasons were basically what you listed: midnight isn't that fun due to how they tuned it and the loot is boring.