Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squall91
Nov 19, 2002

DONG LARGO DEL BURRO DEL DONG
Directed by: Grant Gee
Starring: Thom Yorke, Jonny Greenwood, Ed O'Brien, Colin Greenwood, Phil Selway

This is a feature (unnarrated) documenting Radiohead at the height of their success during their infamous OK Computer world tour.

Watch them constantly veer on the edge of self-implosion as they try to hold themselves together as wanker journalists ask them the same cliche questions over and over again. Watch Thom try to maintain his sanity in the scene involving the making of the "No Surprises" video.

It is more than a documentary about Radiohead. It is a true "rock and roll" film, in the purest sense. It shows that life for musicians is not all about "sex, drugs, and rock'n'roll". In fact, it is quite brutal. I wouldn't be surprised if more than a few viewers who had dreams of being a highly-regarded musician came away from watching this with changed perceptions.

Also, for Radiohead fans, there are no full live performances so don't expect any. However, there are clips of live unreleased songs such as "A Reminder" (one of their best ever) and a pre-Kid A version of "How To Disappear Completely". However, if you haven't heard "Palo Alto", you can hear the full song over some shots of them in Japan.

If you are epileptic, you might want to stay away from this one. It also drags in some parts but most of it remains fascinating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dotti
Sep 7, 2002
Sometimes I say things...
This is one of the worst music DVDs I've ever seen. It seems less like a film and more like a bunch of random footage of concerts and interviews thrown together to make one big, unpleasant mess. When there weren't scenes of Thom Yorke whining in some interview, there's partial songs here and there being performed in concert, with horrible camera work.

If you can find this for dirt cheap, or you're a die hard Radiohead fan who has to have it all, go for it. Otherwise, stay away from this film.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

This is pretty much the worst documentary I have ever seen. Nothing seems to flow, it's like random scenes and images that got puked onto the film reel. Sound is poo poo, I can't understand what anyone is saying, especially during the interviews. It's like they played the sound while muffling it with a pillow then decided to put it in the movie. A lot of parts just shows pictures of random crap with their music playing. I like Radiohead but this dvd sucks.

Anaclisis
Apr 18, 2003

by Mayor Wilkins
3/5, it has many horribly boring moments, but a few good scenes. Only for diehard Radiohead fans.

x0nix
May 25, 2001

I agree with the last 3 reviews. It was just plain annoying. It's constantly trying to portray how hard life is for the band because they are is such demand (constant interviews, tv & radio specials and all sorts of other promotions). And then all the bullshit Thom and others in the band spout about all the evils of capitalism. I even heard them bashing Pink Floyd, saying that there was going to be a documentary about them showing them walking in and out of board meetings "pushing money around". Well what the gently caress is the difference between that and your crummy interviews? If you don't enjoy them why not sign onto a record contract that doesn't involve whoring you out for a little extra money? And anyway Pink Floyd's members are all in their 50s and having been making new music for 10 years.... so whatever way you take that comment it is pure bullshit (besides i suspect those "board meetings" were actually involving the lawsuit over Pink Floyd's name and assets after Roger sued the remaining band).

So in conclusion this documentary will probably just piss you off the whole way through unless you are a die hard Radiohead fan who won't question all the boring "omg-so-deep" thoughts the band members spout out to journalists as they are slouching half asleep over a table (trying pathetically to make you sympathise with their horrible plight).