Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man of Wax
May 20, 2003

quote:

Hildgrim came out of the closet to say:
Delete and then redownload episode 34 here!
What the gently caress?! poo poo. It takes me forever to dl this stuff and now they pull this faggotry. God damnit. Is there anything wrong with the original or was the torrent just messed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pyo
Nov 18, 2003

... !

quote:

Man of Wax came out of the closet to say:
What the gently caress?! poo poo. It takes me forever to dl this stuff and now they pull this faggotry. God damnit. Is there anything wrong with the original or was the torrent just messed?
EDIT: Never mind me, you can just continue on the one you've downloaded.

quote:

Well it completed the original file even after a forced recheck of the pieces. The CRC checksum matches the one in the filename and it plays. I do not see any errors so far.

pyo fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Mar 2, 2005

Criswell
Mar 18, 2004
I Predict...
The file from the original torrent is fine. Mine was at 99.9% and completed instantly when the torrent was replaced. The file played fine too.
Battle of the Death Stars!

pyo
Nov 18, 2003

... !
Someone please do a diagram over the different families. I'm having a really hard time keeping track of every new character that comes up in every episode. :sigh:

Man of Wax
May 20, 2003

quote:

Hildgrim came out of the closet to say:
Someone please do a diagram over the different families. I'm having a really hard time keeping track of every new character that comes up in every episode. :sigh:

Whose relationship do you not understand? I think it's been fairly clear so far.

pyo
Nov 18, 2003

... !

quote:

Whose relationship do you not understand? I think it's been fairly clear so far.
Not what relationships there are but it would be helpful if it was over what families do exist and what they have done in the story so far. There are quite a few different families, noble and not, that have be presented so far. It's not exactly like in a book where I can take sidenotes on the pages and all the names confuse me.

This series needs more people like "the barbarian" by the way. :)

Peao
Dec 1, 2004
If you can read this, remind me of why I shouldn't post.
Sounds like the japanese Dune. I'll check it out.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
Just finished watching ep 34.

Karl Gustav Kempf was a loving idiot and I am glad he is dead.

I love this show but it continues to poo poo me how a handful of total jackasses can gently caress up everything, I guess the OP is right, mankind has not changed and nor will it ever :cry:

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma

quote:

Man Loner came out of the closet to say:
Karl Gustav Kempf
I like the way that everyone in the entire galaxy knew what to do, except for him.

Robot Bastard fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Mar 23, 2005

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Do not try to boost in peace, because that is impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth, there is no boost.
I would just like to say that even though I swore off anime forever, this show is restoring my faith. Jesus christ LoGH is awesome. How is the progress with this show lately? I am early in the series due to lack of time, but will be going WOT on it soon.

Man of Wax
May 20, 2003

quote:

Belldandy came out of the closet to say:
How is the progress with this show lately?

Painfully slow. Central Anime is usually solid, but it's been three weeks since the last release and they haven't been subbing consistently since December. Apparently the next episode is translated but hasn't been checked yet or something. I find this curious since Central Anime subtitled this show well beyond the current point years ago on VHS so they shouldn't even have to btoher translating anything at all.

Criswell
Mar 18, 2004
I Predict...
According to the C-A forums, they will be giving more attention to their other projects (including LoGH) once they are finished subbing Touch, which is almost completed. Wait, and hope!

Man of Wax
May 20, 2003

I think I'm going to be sick if there's no new LoGH in the next week.

Sorry, the forum was cut back to thre pages.

Man of Wax
May 20, 2003

This is the most blatant prune-protection bump in the history of man. Central-Anime claims they have not given up, but they sure as poo poo aren't doing anything to prove it.

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma

quote:

This is the most blatant prune-protection bump in the history of man. Central-Anime claims they have not given up, but they sure as poo poo aren't doing anything to prove it.
Seriously. If this is the best your translator can do, then get another loving translator.

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
Sell me the DVD box, and I will sub them.. IN BLOOD.

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
OK, gently caress it. I just ordered the (actual, not bootleg) volumes 15 through 22 from CDJapan.
We've got digisubs up to 54, and volume 15 starts at episode 55. 22 ends with episode 86.
Volumes 15 and 16 are marked as "ships in about 3 weeks", so it may take a while.

Man of Wax
May 20, 2003

Wow, that's awesome man. Where do we get up to 54 though? I see through 47 for the crappy VHS on animesuki, but I'm not sure where to find others (except the hub maybe).

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
Hub, back in the mists of time.
I can hook you up, if you'd like.

Man of Wax
May 20, 2003

quote:

Defiler came out of the closet to say:
Hub, back in the mists of time.
I can hook you up, if you'd like.

When I get home and can access DC I will request just that.

quote:

Anime-Central came out of the closet to say:
We hope to get more out starting in June. Our translation checker is done with his event but still has work and such that occupy his time. But hopefully soon.

Let us know what can be done to help Defiler.

vvv I'm not that good at Japanese, but if you need editing for the translated script I can provide.

Man of Wax fucked around with this message at 02:28 on May 5, 2005

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
I'll report back when the discs arrive.
Surat has agreed to act as Chief Pedantic Name and Continuity Checker, which is very good news.

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe
Just want to say thank you, I am checking this out. I hate to pass up a good space opera. Oh, man, and the battles are set to classical music, too? I think I'm gonna enjoy this. :cool:

edit: ah hell, I must be doing something wrong...none of the ones from AC work :(

edit 2: nevermind, I'm an idiot. Codecs. I am enjoying this immensely and am sharing the ones I have so far.

Specineff fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 9, 2005

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
Dear Defiler,
Thank you for shopping at cdjapan.co.jp.
We shipped your order today by "EMS".
It is expected to be delivered in 3-6 days.
Ordered Items
================================
BBBA-4015
Animation/Galaxy Hero Legend Vol.15Vol.15
DVD 1 x 5300 yen 2004/04/23 release
BBBA-4016
Animation/Galaxy Hero Legend Vol.16Vol.16
BBBA-4017
Animation/Galaxy Hero Legend Vol.17Vol.17
BBBA-4018
Animation/Galaxy Hero Legend Vol.18Vol.18
BBBA-4019
Animation/Galaxy Hero Legend Vol.19Vol.19
DVD 1 x 5300 yen 2004/05/28 release
BBBA-4020
Animation/Galaxy Hero Legend Vol.20Vol.20
BBBA-4021
Animation/Galaxy Hero Legend Vol.21Vol.21
BBBA-4022
Animation/Galaxy Hero Legend Vol.22Vol.22

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe
Does anyone else love the sappy ending sequence? The early one, I don't know if it changes. It's really touching, especially now that the characters are getting some definition. Uh oh :gay:

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma

quote:

Specineff came out of the closet to say:
Does anyone else love the sappy ending sequence? The early one, I don't know if it changes.
It changes, but don't worry; it's still sappy. (The OP changes too and is rather cool.)

froobly
Sep 12, 2003

These are my awards, Mother. From Army. The seal is for marksmanship, and the gorilla is for sand racing!
I love both ending sequences, the first a little more. I wanted to do them for karaoke, but the places I've been have only had the opening songs, which I don't particularly like. So instead I sing them when I'm in the bathroom :(

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
Space Opera GET!

evilsake
Oct 25, 2004

by Fragmaster
That is the most beautiful thing I've seen all week.

pyo
Nov 18, 2003

... !

quote:

Defiler came out of the closet to say:
Space Opera GET!
That's $400 USD going to a good cause.

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe

quote:

froobly came out of the closet to say:
I love both ending sequences, the first a little more. I wanted to do them for karaoke, but the places I've been have only had the opening songs, which I don't particularly like. So instead I sing them when I'm in the bathroom :(

Now that I have made it to the second season, I can say I have seen both ending sequences and I prefer the first one. It's really no contest. It feels like the second one is trying to be the first one, but it's not. (pseudo-spoiler)I get the impression that Julian is going to play some pivotal role in the story at some point in the far future, which is cool. However, the opening now kicks serious rear end, which is a huge improvement over the almost unwatchable opening for the first season.

I suppose my rambling about the show's opening and ending isn't terribly interesting to you vets. I am extremely pleased with the depth of the show's story so far (up to episode 32) and excited about possibilities it has. It's quite a change of pace for me from the anime that my friends like to recommend. So I'm pretty much thanking man of wax again and bumping the thread out of love.

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
I'm mostly done subbing episode 55, but I'm tied up with my current crazy car audio project. Hopefully I'll find time to finish it this weekend.

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma

quote:

Specineff came out of the closet to say:
I get the impression that Julian is going to play some pivotal role in the story at some point in the far future, which is cool.
I keep thinking, based on the opening, that he's going to turn out to be related to Reinhardt in some way.

quote:

I am extremely pleased with the depth of the show's story so far (up to episode 32) and excited about possibilities it has.
It's interesting, actually, to see an "open-ended" OVA series like this. Most of the time, an OVA series is "here is an episode to introduce all the character, here is the 'middle' episode, and this is the SHOCKING CONCLUSION, thanks for watching". LoGH is long-term enough that each little bit of the story can get its moment.

I have to say, LoGH wouldn't be too hard to re-do today. Given the advances in computer graphics, it would be pretty convincing. And it could be made pretty inexpensively, which means that a small and dedicated fan-base could keep it running with direct-to-video sales...it's just a dream, but maybe we're going to start seeing a resurgence of the Original Video Series, now that professional-looking production is so cheap?...

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma

quote:

Heibi came out of whatever hole he hides in to say:
Just so you all know, I'm concentrating on getting Touch TV done. I do have some LoGH to release in June once I actually make the translation corrections I received from Hiro. And once we hit the mystic number 60 in translation corrections, everything will go faster.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Who the gently caress watches Touch TV anyway?

Man of Wax
May 20, 2003

quote:

Naky came out of the closet to say:
Who the gently caress watches Touch TV anyway?
I do. The show is awesome, not to mention one of the most popular series in history.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

quote:

I do. The show is awesome, not to mention one of the most popular series in history.

It's delaying LOTGH, therefore it loving sucks. End of discussion :keke:

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Do not try to boost in peace, because that is impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth, there is no boost.
Defiler, I love you so so so so much for what you are doing.

Defiler
Sep 8, 2000
OK.. Jesus.. Anyone have an opinion on this?
同盟駐在帝国高等弁務官

"doumei chuuzai teikoku koutoubenmukan"
I'm going to translate that title as:
"Imperial High Commissioner-In-Residence, High Admiral Helmut Lennenmampf"
Am I far off? There's some fuckin' dense language in this show.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I'm trying to figure out why the "Alliance" kanji are at the start. Is he residing on the Alliance side? The rest of it seems to be alright, good job sorting all of that out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peao
Dec 1, 2004
If you can read this, remind me of why I shouldn't post.
Whoa! I didn't bother following this thread because I thought we'd never see the entire series subbed, but now that we have one of our own boys subbing it, things are different. I have a newbie suggestion:

Defiler, I assume that the task which takes you the longest is putting/timing the subtitles in the video. If you ever feel like you don't wanna do this anymore, may I suggest simply translating the script and putting it to a text file and uploading it somewhere on the net? That way, anyone can keep releasing episodes. The rarest talent in fansubbing is the translator after all.

Also, if you need me to put the subs in the video, I can help, so PM me. I've never done it but I'm sure it's reasonably easy.