Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Therminador
Mar 31, 2004

I suppose the set you're trying to get is 5-8, I just checked and the torrent is indeed damned slow. Since I'll be gone for the weekend, I just hopped on it and am superseeding at 64 kilobytes/sec. If the next set is equally slow just say so and I'll hop on it too.

Happy watching ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe

Uberfrog posted:

I suppose the set you're trying to get is 5-8, I just checked and the torrent is indeed damned slow. Since I'll be gone for the weekend, I just hopped on it and am superseeding at 64 kilobytes/sec. If the next set is equally slow just say so and I'll hop on it too.

Happy watching ;)

I will also do this if you need it. I got nuthin' better to do.

Xy Hapu
Mar 7, 2004

CA's 53

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe
drat, that downloaded fast. Must have been like 10 minutes.

Grey Area
Sep 9, 2000
Battle Without Honor or Humanity
Well, the plot certainly takes a new direction. I'm excited to see where they take things from here.

So, how many eps until Reuental makes his move, I wonder?

froobly
Sep 12, 2003

These are my awards, Mother. From Army. The seal is for marksmanship, and the gorilla is for sand racing!

Xy Hapu posted:

CA's 53

:ultramon: That could be one of the most jawdropping denouements I've ever seen in anime. I mean, just where the hell do we go from here!?

I wonder just how Lohengramm's gonna rule the Alliance planets. Iron fist or benevolent dictatorship? It's obvious Yang's preparing for the worst, and Merkatz's force is certainly a gun on the table as far as the plot's concerned. But Lohengramm tends to follow the Henry V example and be very careful with conquered territory. I guess Reuental and Mittermeier will stage a coup and become tyrants? It's the only way I can think of for the Returners angle to play out.

edit: catchphrase removed
edit2: substance added

froobly fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Nov 14, 2005

Edelweiss
Jan 20, 2004

the sun still shines
I grabbed the hong-kong subs of this series a few months ago, and finally finished it after watching an ep or two almost every day. All I'll say is here's to Yang loving Wenli and Reinhard Von loving Lohengramm. :cheers:

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

noob saibot posted:

I grabbed the hong-kong subs of this series a few months ago, and finally finished it after watching an ep or two almost every day. All I'll say is here's to Yang loving Wenli and Reinhard Von loving Lohengramm. :cheers:

Amen to that. :love:

The Therminador
Mar 31, 2004

http://a.scarywater.net/ca/logh eps 54 - Central Anime (4e23db3d) .avi.torrent

So that's the end of Season 2 and the Free Planets Alliance :cry:

The Free Planets Alliance is dead, long live the Free Planets Alliance !
Here's an mp3 for the occasion : NEVAR FORGET

froobly
Sep 12, 2003

These are my awards, Mother. From Army. The seal is for marksmanship, and the gorilla is for sand racing!
Long live Season 2. Does this mean we get a new OP/ED?

Watching the coronation scene, I couldn't help but think, "Reinhardt, you've conquered the loving universe. What are you planning next, you greedy jerk?" Earlier, Reinhardt was pondering the idea of forcing Yang to become a governor somewhere. I wonder if this bears any fruit, or if he's just planning to let him lead his quiet retirement until he leads his underground army to overthrow the oppressive dictatorship.

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe

froobly posted:

Does this mean we get a new OP/ED?

Yep. If not for the season 1 ED, this next season would be my all-around favorite for OP/ED sequences, too.

Lay your heart down onto the sea of the stars...

You ain't seen nothin' yet.

Man of Wax
May 20, 2003

Episode 54 was brought to you by: Friedrich Nietzsche as read by Leo Strauss. A line like "Democracy subsumes the power and spirit of the self" is about as Straussian interpretation of Nietzsche as I can think of. I also recently read Francis Fukuyama's The End of History and the Last Man which includes a chapter that discusses this very topic. I love how LoGH remains at all times intellectually valid.

That was a sattisfying half way point in every respect. I, of course, cannot wait for more.

TomatoActivator
Jun 11, 2003
Cheesy Bread
hey i approve of this series.

Man of Wax
May 20, 2003

Episode 55

Num Lock
Apr 2, 2003
Something about the ED makes me think that everybody dies.

I also wonder how you can become a fighter pilot at age 15, the alliance must have been hard up for manpower if they were using childern.

artofstealth
Dec 18, 2000

Num Lock posted:

I also wonder how you can become a fighter pilot at age 15, the alliance must have been hard up for manpower if they were using childern.

With jailbait like that, it's hard to refuse. :q:

The Therminador
Mar 31, 2004

For fighter pilots it sort of makes sense when you consider that reflexes only get worse as you get older.
Also, kids in general serve just as young in the Reich. In the prequels, it's made clear that cadets (mainly nobles and few commoners apparently) join military schools at age 10 on a voluntary basis to make a career as officers, normal people just get enlisted when they reach adulthood (as seen in the prequel episode where Kircheis meets his soon-to-be-drafted university student friend from childhood).

Man of Wax
May 20, 2003

Num Lock posted:

I don't think that was the regular ED. Just Julian looking at the photo album from the wedding. That doesn't, of course, mean that they won't all die. Anywyay, it was a good start to the season and suggests a somewhat different direction for the show. All of the talk of love and relatinships and waiting five or six years suggests that there will be a lot more focus on interpersonal aspects of the show. Surely there will be battles, but there will be long, drawn out build up before getting there. I'm really looking forward to Julian and company's visit to earth so that we can finally figure out the true role of the Earth Cult in this whole mess.

Also, I love the fact that CA used the word "grok" in their translation. Making Heinlein proud.

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

Man of Wax posted:

Also, I love the fact that CA used the word "grok" in their translation. Making Heinlein proud.
Came here to make the exact same post.
Also, "The Undutiness"?

Nichol fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Dec 1, 2005

Num Lock
Apr 2, 2003

Man of Wax posted:

I don't think that was the regular ED. Just Julian looking at the photo album from the wedding.

Well the two exiled Imperial Soliders and that new girl are in the photos, so they couldn't be from the wedding.

Man of Wax
May 20, 2003

Num Lock posted:

Well the two exiled Imperial Soliders and that new girl are in the photos, so they couldn't be from the wedding.

Hm, good point. Hadn't considered that. I guess they just worked it into the episode real nicely.

Xy Hapu
Mar 7, 2004

More people should watch The Legend of Galactic Heroes (CA 56).

The Therminador
Mar 31, 2004

Very interesting documentary-style episode !
The part with the massacre and looting of that city and the military denying it reminded me a lot of the Rape of Nanking, rather chilling... Just when I thought my interest in the series had abated after the second season, just like Man of Wax I can't wait to find out about Earth.

The Therminador
Mar 31, 2004

Have Julian and Mashenko reached Earth yet ? Find out in this week's episode !
http://a.scarywater.net/ca/logh eps 57 - Central Anime (48cab458) .avi.torrent

http://fi.somethingawful.com/is/img265/6665/snapshot200512140036526an.jpg
Oh Truniht your loyalty is boundless :rolleyes:

The Therminador fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Dec 14, 2005

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma
GOD drat IT I NEED TO STOP READING THESE SPOILERS AAARRRGGH

Actually, to tell the truth I just need to stop reading this thread entirely.

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma
OOokay, after a marathon catch-up session (pity me, I have to watch LoGH for eight hours straight!) I'm ...well, caught-up.

I have to say, it's inspiring to see a show that will throw over the status quo like this. It's got the usual "implausible plot device comes out of nowhere to save the main character's rear end"...but in this case it's the nominal bad guy who gets saved.

Who is the girl with red hair? Julian says that he's seen her before, but where was that?

Episode 56: Did anyone else catch a glimpse of Captain Gloval in the "Space Defense Force" picture? Also, that history program has some wacky set design. The planets of the Solar System on big sticks, rising out of cloud-like structures that turn into the figures of female nudes...was this done by the same guy who does the openings for James Bond movies?

I don't think that we're going to have to wait very long for things to get moving. The first half of the series took place over three years...

Art! Ships! Is there any kind of resource that lists (and describes) all the different ships used in this series? It seems like every time we see something, it's the first time we've seen it.

Robot Bastard fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Dec 16, 2005

The Therminador
Mar 31, 2004

Can't think of any other place to look than http://www.logh.net/ even though the database is incomplete, especially for the later seasons.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Robot Bastard posted:

Who is the girl with red hair? Julian says that he's seen her before, but where was that?

He hasn't seen her before. She just seems familiar because she's related to someone he knows, and he can't quite place it.

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma

Hokuto posted:

He hasn't seen her before. She just seems familiar because she's related to someone he knows, and he can't quite place it.
Ah. I think I see where that one's going, then. Gee, let's think of who Julian has met in the past, who has red hair and a Germanic name...

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog
drat you I hope those spoilers are real spoilers because I've decided not to read any more of them after the 'Kirchies incident, but having them just a mouseover away is very tantalizing. Anyway, the last ep seems to have got us ready for an exciting next one. I really like those 'history lesson' episodes. Were the written the same way into the manga or was there actually a really long prologue?

The Therminador
Mar 31, 2004

I'm not sure about this but I don't think there is a manga, the show is based off a series of books.

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma

Nichol posted:

drat you I hope those spoilers are real spoilers because I've decided not to read any more of them after the 'Kirchies incident...
The ones I've blanked out aren't huge spoilers, but believe me there are some whoppers elsewhere in the thread.

Really, it's best to just stay out of the thread until you're caught up (and I wish that people who saw stuff that CA hasn't released yet would keep their dicks in their pants.)

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

Uberfrog posted:

I'm not sure about this but I don't think there is a manga, the show is based off a series of books.
I knew that somewhere deep down, sorry. Question still stands though.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I'm only up to 20, but what a great loving' show.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Robot Bastard posted:

(and I wish that people who saw stuff that CA hasn't released yet would keep their dicks in their pants.)

We're discussing the further developments with 99% of everything we say spoilered, so I don't see what the problem is. We saw awesome plot developments that we are eager to discuss over the Internet with other people who saw those developments, in a thread about the series which we are discussing. :confused:

Jabu
Feb 11, 2004

There are no heroes left in man
Sup 58.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
2 weeks later and we now have episode 59:
http://a.scarywater.net/ca/logh eps 59 - Central Anime (9674ab81) .avi.torrent

During this time between LoGH episodes, needing my regular hit of quality older anime I have downloaded most of Touch and am about a 1/4 of the way through watching the series. As Man of Wax has already stated earlier in this thread, it is great.

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Hopping on the LoGH train; really enjoyed the first couple of episodes.

One can never have enough quality space opera.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
A friend of mine sent me this fan-made movie, and I found it pretty hilarious.

Super Legend of the Galactic Heroes Wars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Therminador
Mar 31, 2004

Haha that's pretty neat :)