Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Cabbit posted:

Final update: moving in begins tomorrow! Wooo! The plan is to have the truck unloaded tomorrow, but the cable (and thus, the cable modem) won't be hooked up until Monday, so I probably won't be available (unless somebody has an open WiFI network) until then. The next obstacle after that is having the house tented for termites on Tuesday, so the final verdict is that I should be officially "settled in" by Thursday, but probably post capable by Monday.

Good luck on the move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Gone now. I'll be back saturday evening.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Back already. Posting will resume.

Laundreu
Feb 2, 2005
Arr
Sorry I disappeared! We lost internet access here for some loving reason or another and I didn't get it back until like five minutes ago or some poo poo. I'ma gonna start posting right now though.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I've sort of got internet access! Rejoice!

Regular posting will return tomorrow, with the aforementioned small break during the tenting.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
My players are back! :woop: :woop:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

:shobon: I can't access this wifi network I'm piggybacking on during the day. Regular posting will begin tonightish, or tomorrow when I get my own actual goddamn cable modem signal.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

My posting will be sporadic for the next few months.

I work at a portrait studio: our busy holiday season starts, like, yesterday. This wouldn't be a problem except that my only co-worker got herself fired on Saturday. On top of that, we're moving to extended hours starting Monday, meaning eleven-hour shifts. Again, wouldn't be an issue if I had help, but I don't. That's a eleven-hour shift I've got to pull all by myself. Every day, until we can find, hire, and train someone.

I'm scheduled some sixty eight hours next week. I don't have a single full day off at all. I have a few afternoons to myself, but that's it. There's no end in sight.

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
I have gone and fallen behind with some work, and now I'm starting to feel the heat from it. For the rest of this week, I will be nearly nonexistent. I can't afford to get distracted, so I'm not allowing myself to post until I've completed a significant part of what must be done.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

My computer took a radical step forward in anti-virus protection on Sunday by crashing 4 times in 10 minutes and is now not letting any packets through on my internet connection (as well as breaking Steam). Everything I'm running is on hold until I can sort it all out, which might be several days. Sorry guys. :(

FalseParadigm
Apr 30, 2005

Chew, chew, chew. That is the thing to do.

FalseParadigm posted:

To all Castle Falkenstein folks:

I will be out of town starting Friday, October 27th and will be returning Monday, October 30th. I will likely post on Monday evening, as my flight gets in around 6pm.

Feel free to continue posting and keep up the dialogue.

...and I'm back. The flight back was very late, and I had some important home things to tend to. Updates later today.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis
I'm done with my move (actually I was done on Saturday) and I'm sorta back. My new place is a mess, but at least I don't have to deal with that rear end in a top hat of a landlord.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

These dumbasses at the hotel while our house is tented can't get the internet working in their business center. Expect low to no posting until some time Thursday, as posting on my PDA is murder.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Ok, I just got Final Fantasy XII, Children of Mana, and Phoenix Wright: Justice for All in the last couple days. Have mercy.

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

EndOfTheWorld posted:

Ok, I just got Final Fantasy XII, Children of Mana, and Phoenix Wright: Justice for All in the last couple days. Have mercy.

I hope you don't plan on eating, sleeping or going outside.

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.
It's been a rough time at work for me recently, and until Friday when I (hopefully) will be off hellproject for good, my posting is going to suffer a bit. I prioritize my own games first, so those should be ok, but if I'm a player in your game and sucking, then I apologize.

Also I had no internet or cable tv last night, which sucked hard. With luck it shouldn't happen again, but Texas is a land forsaken by God and man.

Laundreu
Feb 2, 2005
Arr

EndOfTheWorld posted:

See if I run you GURPS Utena now sir

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Yarrington posted:

Also I had no internet or cable tv last night, which sucked hard. With luck it shouldn't happen again, but Texas Houston is a land forsaken by God, an eternal cesspool bound forever to the 9th layer of Hell itself.

Edited for accuracy.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Yarrington posted:

Texas is a land forsaken by God and man.

No poo poo.

My internet went out last night and shows no sign of returning today. They're sending a dude out Tuesday.

Also, our power may be going off tomorrow because somebody is a lazy oval office.

So I'm gone, AGAIN, until further notice.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Update: Cable's fixed, but there is still a chance (at this point, I'll say 50%/50%) that my power is going off tomorrow. If it is, I'll be gone until Tuesday. Wish me luck.

Posting will continue for as long as I have power.

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Nov 3, 2006

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

FalseParadigm posted:

...and I'm back. The flight back was very late, and I had some important home things to tend to. Updates later today.

Where did you go. I am very sad about Falk.

:(

Hawaii Five-O
Jun 30, 2005
NA;DR
Will not be able to post reliably for a couple days (but then again do I post reliably ever?!).

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
I'll be posting less than usual until the end of next Sunday. I'm running crew for a show that's taking up a lot of my time. By no means will I be slacking, I'll just appear to be more like a normal person with a job and a life and stuff.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
Heading home for the long weekend for Granddad's 90th birthday, so posting will be limited until Sunday evening.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

Advance notice: GenCon SoCal is 11/16 to 11/19, and I am going. I may bring my shitbox laptop with me to post with, but I won't be on much.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

EndOfTheWorld posted:

Heading home for the long weekend for Granddad's 90th birthday, so posting will be limited until Sunday evening.

Happy birthday to your granddad!

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Two things: Sorry I disappeared without notice. Computer decided to break, and it took a bit of work getting it back together again. Luckly, no data was lost.

Also, my great-grandmother died yesterday, and her funeral is on Tuesday, so I'll be gone Monday and Tuesday, probably not Wednesday.

Hawaii Five-O
Jun 30, 2005
NA;DR
Work, school, and drama kept me busier than I thought I was going to be but I should be back at least with some regularity now.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I'm back home and have full Internet access again. Updates coming shortly.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

VirtualBasement
Jun 5, 2006

"Be not afraid..."
I'm going to be at GenCon myself this weekend, and will be unable to post at all.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

I managed to abuse my power ever so slightly and borrow a laptop from work, so I'll be posting, just not as often, and I won't be in IRC unless I am so bored of the con I'd want to chat instead of going to the con I paid money to see.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Work has exploded into a massive ball of suck. I can't do poo poo. Keep posting around me but don't wait up.

Laundreu
Feb 2, 2005
Arr
Unpleasant Doctor's Appointment followed by a twelve page paper in two days; I'll be back Monday.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Internet tenuous at best as of the last few days. Gone (on a murderous rampage) until further notice.

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

My modem gave up the ghost yesterday and the replacement won't sync for some unknown reason. I'll catch up on threads at work as time allows.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

Returned from GenCon. Posts coming as I regain my bearings.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
After Wednesday night, posting will be sporadic until Sunday: Thanksgiving and my parents' computer sucks.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
The girl is coming into town tonight for Thanksgiving. My posting will be more sporadic until Sunday, though I will make an effort to post.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.
Unlikely to post Thursday night and all of Friday. Probably okay after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VirtualBasement
Jun 5, 2006

"Be not afraid..."
And I come from GenCon right back into the office. Posts coming today. I hope everyone had a nice weekend.