Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagicHateBall
Dec 11, 2002

Humans were drinking alcohol five thousand years ago, and they're still drinking it now. Alcohol is humanity's friend.

Can I abandon a friend?
I am on a laptop at work! HOORAY WIFI. Anyways, I can see about dragging my laptop back to work and posting sporadically until power returns, but I refuse to make any promises as to frequency or whether I'll be able to at all. There are trees down across roads and power lines EVERYWHERE, and I am unsure when they will be cleared. Expect two days at the least, a week at the outside most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

MagicHateBall posted:

I refuse to make any promises as to frequency or whether I'll be able to at all. Expect two days at the least, a week at the outside most.

I guess it's a good thing Sparks is already wounded. How about she sits down and takes a rest maybe?

MagicHateBall
Dec 11, 2002

Humans were drinking alcohol five thousand years ago, and they're still drinking it now. Alcohol is humanity's friend.

Can I abandon a friend?

Bloodnose posted:

I guess it's a good thing Sparks is already wounded. How about she sits down and takes a rest maybe?

Haven't been given permission to fall out. Besides, I'm probably just going to camp at the bookstore Monday because it has power and heat and internet and hot food, so posting will be somewhat more regular than I first let on.

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

Well, I'm off for three well deserved weeks of rest. My connection will be sporadic, but I hope to be able to update every few days, except between christmas and new-years when I'll be totally disconnected.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.
Isn't foxxtrot also in the disaster area? In case anyone was wondering where he is.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

I've apparently been AKILLed from zIRC, since Jedi425 is the name of some bot net or something stupid like that. I'm banned from the network while I get this sorted out.

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
What was once an inability to post due to the final essay rush is now an inability to post because of holiday travel.

What a season. :(

Everything should be hunky-dory by Wednesday, and hunky-dory it will stay beyond that point.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The season for christmas pictures is over.

I worked 60+ hours the last two weeks, and 55-ish the two weeks before.

I apologize for not posting much. I would get up, eat, go to work, come home, eat, and go to bed. On my days off I was so totally exhausted that I couldn't make a coherent post.

This week is pre-Christmas family stuff, so my time on the internet may be limited, but I fully intend on catching up on all my games in the next few days.

Now, I'm off to work for a blessedly short five-hour shift!

Hawaii Five-O
Jun 30, 2005
NA;DR
Vacation with Internet access until the 28th. Expect posting to be down.

MagicHateBall
Dec 11, 2002

Can I abandon a friend?
Magichate monday update: Puget Sound Energy says that power will be repaired in my region perhaps as late as Friday or Saturday. Hopefully this will not be the case and it will be on sooner, but we will see.

My apologies to the GMs who's games I didn't get a chance to post in tonight, I focussed mainly on updating my own. I will try and get posts in on Wednesday, but again, I am going to focus on the games that pretty much revolve around me updating regularly, and I apologize in advance for any interruptions of Magichateball service to your fine games.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
Posting will be done from work for the next couple of weeks since the girl is back in town and my evenings will be busy. I'll also be at a company Christmas party on Friday and Saturday morning.

UnholyCow
Oct 6, 2005

I'll be back tomorrow night, 11-12ish EST. Sorry for any slight delay this might cause. :O

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness

Twobirds posted:

Isn't foxxtrot also in the disaster area? In case anyone was wondering where he is.

Missed this. I'm in Spokane, which is about 300 miles and a mountain range away from the real disaster area. We got quite a bit of wind, and had a few dozen thousand people without power, but it was nothing like what hit the folks in the I-5 corridor.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
It's that time of the year. At 7:00 AM tomorrow, I start my journey to Texas. I have no idea what technology is like in that godforsaken wasteland, but I do know that I won't have poo poo to do. If I can procure an Internet connection, posting will be fine; if not, it'll be nonexistant. I only wish I could say.

I'll be there until Thursday the 28th, when I'll head to Florida, where my Internet should be fine, then back home on New Year's Day, when I'll resume my normal lack-of-lifeiness.

Well, that's my life. How's everybody else?

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Alright, I am finally done being busy! Life was bad, but now it's good - forever! :zoid:

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
I will be out from the 24th-27th. Merry Christmas.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

My life has exploded into a firestorm of poo poo. I'm closing Last Dream, and will be posting on a provisional basis until things calm down.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

oobey posted:

My life has exploded into a firestorm of poo poo. I'm closing Last Dream, and will be posting on a provisional basis until things calm down.

:(

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis
I'm not going anywhere for Christmas, so my posting will continue on a regular basis for the most part.

Hope things turn around for you Oobey.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
Turns out I've got Internet. Even though Texas was never able to develop the subway, they apparently managed to provide me with access to the world wide web. Hooray. Posting will continue normally, I think.

Deep State of Mind fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Dec 21, 2006

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.
Heh, when I moved into my apartment there were no fewer than three unsecured wireless networks in range. I haven't checked since I moved in though.

Yarrington fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Dec 21, 2006

Hammer of Loki
Nov 29, 2005

Now get me some nails
Trying to get back to America, but then Denver decided to have a snow day.

I'm stuck in Germany. Posting will be sporadic to non-existent for a few days.

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.
Like most people, I'll be busy this weekend. I'll try and throw updates to IH, but in-depth posting will be slow at best.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

quote:

Like most people, I'll be busy this weekend. I'll try and throw updates to Dragonblooded, but in-depth posting will be slow at best.

Greenlit
Dec 16, 2004

A commonborn squire
takes the reins of a knightly order, and leads a wayward kingdom from the midst
of chaos. The masses yearn for a hero. I give them what they wish.
I think it cost me $9 to post this via cell phone.

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
I'll definitely be gone on the 25th. I may be able to make an early post on the 24th, however, and I should be back home on the afternoon of the 26th.

MagicHateBall
Dec 11, 2002

Can I abandon a friend?
And then, on the eighth day, Puget Sound Energy said, "Let there be light," and there was light.

Magichateball service to resume tonight, my power is finally loving on.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I'm back for the weekend! This being away-more-than-I'm-here business is hopefully going to end early January, after I finish up my job-training and can move back to somewhere with internet.

MagicHateBall
Dec 11, 2002

Can I abandon a friend?
Goin' to Canada for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, then I have to go to work pretty much as soon as I get home. Fun! After tonight, probably won't be posting until the night of the 26th.

Scratch this. Updates will continue as normal, but we will see how much they are actually needed over the holiday.

MagicHateBall fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Dec 24, 2006

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Obviously, I will be away tomorrow, and the next day, and maybe the next day after that I'm not sure this might be a wild party.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!
My grandfather passed away this morning.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Back from home and ready to post on my new, bitchin' computer.

After I try out Oblivion.

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
My brother is up for a week, so I won't have a lot of time to post, if any.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'll be not in posting mode until tuesday afternoon/evening.

NPC me where needed, I guess.

TypoDemon
Apr 12, 2004

Go ahead. Take it from me.
Disregard this!

TypoDemon fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jan 2, 2007

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Mom's cancer seems to have spread to her brain, they're unsure. Went to see her tonight, and we don't think she's going to make it through the week. Just wanted to let Metroid, Eberron, and potential ADOM people know in advance, in case I dissapear for a day or two. I'm at peace with the whole thing, but it's still going to be rough for a little while. Just a heads up.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Death on Christmas Eve
My computer is broken
Posting will be slow

sansuki
May 17, 2003

Can't update, broke keyboard. This is char-map.

Hammer of Loki
Nov 29, 2005

Now get me some nails

Black August posted:

Mom's cancer seems to have spread to her brain, they're unsure. Went to see her tonight, and we don't think she's going to make it through the week. Just wanted to let Metroid, Eberron, and potential ADOM people know in advance, in case I dissapear for a day or two. I'm at peace with the whole thing, but it's still going to be rough for a little while. Just a heads up.

That really sucks to hear. I hope everything works out as much as it can. I've really enjoyed reading your posts. RL is more important that SA, and I think I can safely say that all of TG is behind you on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Hammer of Loki posted:

That really sucks to hear. I hope everything works out as much as it can. I've really enjoyed reading your posts. RL is more important that SA, and I think I can safely say that all of TG is behind you on this.

As cliche as it is, quoting for truth. You need anything, from a kind word to a shoulder (digitally speaking) to cry on, let me know.