Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wolf Like Me
Feb 20, 2007

by Lowtax
gently caress Gravy Robbers, Pipes Buffet is where its at! I mean, where else can you fire up the calabash and enjoy some fatty loin?

This show only gets better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

McSpanky posted:

The long legs segment was pretty funny, though, and I think it works because it's exactly the kind of thing that they couldn't do live. You need TV to make it funny. Most of the other stuff feels like some friends filming their "hilarious" comedy moments without realizing that you had to be there to get it.

Yeah, I agree. I'd argue that the funniest bits of T&E (and also TGTTM) is when they are using extremely silly computer effects to embellish whatever's going on. The long-legs bit is one example, but another from the same episode is the whole public-service pee ad from the start -- all the text captions, the way that Eric fake-walked out of the bathroom stall instead of actually walking, etc. Eric's fakewalk makes me crack up every time I see it and I must've seen it about 5 or 6 times by now (yes, my job is unfulfilling :v: ).

Meanwhile, most of Gravy Robbers training video and the "free portrait" bit was zzzzz for me.

edit: Non-obvious joke ahead: I like how the three plates of meat in the Gravy Robbers at is $2.99, yet the two-dried-up-meatballs-platter is $3.99. 'course the TV rating display covered up the price in the broadcast so you'd need to watching the Fix to notice, but.

SUPER HASSLER fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 28, 2007

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

Oh, also,

Only registered members can see post attachments!

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

fennec fox posted:

Meanwhile, most of Gravy Robbers training video and the "free portrait" bit was zzzzz for me.

The great thing about this show is that the skits are so short and the funny stuff is so funny that even when something isn't working for you, something else probably will within the next 2 minutes.

Also as far as subtle jokes go, the faces Micheal Cera makes while he's being jostled by those huge guys and then as he is raising his wine glass at the table crack me up every single time. That kid is hilarious.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

My name's Spagett, I do parties, and you just take my card, and if you need someone to spook ya-

fennec fox posted:

Oh, also,

The best was when the pee goes along the words on the bottom so you can sing along. That skit was amazing.

dongworkforyuda
Feb 26, 2004
hacocacyb

robot roll call posted:

The great thing about this show is that the skits are so short and the funny stuff is so funny that even when something isn't working for you, something else probably will within the next 2 minutes.

I completely agree, and that is why the British show Man Stroke Woman is also awesome. And why Saturday night Live can be hit or miss. Man, SNL will do skits for 5 minutes that suck.

I watch this show and think, man this stuff is stupid, but then it's so funny the more I dwell on it. Just because it is so ridiculous.

Baby Lion King IMAX
May 3, 2006

by Lowtax

fennec fox posted:

Really? While the training video wasn't the funniest thing in the world, I loved everything about free portrait except the yelling.

YOU ONLY HAVE ONE MOUTH SO IM ONLY GONNA DO ONE MOUTH

Conrad Poohs
Nov 25, 2004

and his Dancing Teeth

Babylonian posted:

Really? While the training video wasn't the funniest thing in the world, I loved everything about free portrait except the yelling.
Ha, I was completely the opposite. I think Zach nailed the training video, but free portraits was almost too weird for me to watch.

Baby Lion King IMAX
May 3, 2006

by Lowtax

Conrad Poohs posted:

Ha, I was completely the opposite. I think Zach nailed the training video, but free portraits was almost too weird for me to watch.

The training video certainly wasn't unfunny, I just think it was the weakest part of that particular episode because it was so slow-paced in spots that it kind of broke up the flow. v:shobon:v

EDIT: Tim and Eric are probably within fifteen miles of me right now.

Baby Lion King IMAX fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 28, 2007

dongworkforyuda
Feb 26, 2004
hacocacyb

Awesome Show posted:

Tim : I sit down, when I pee. Theres nothing that crazy about me. I'm just taking a whiz, mind your own biz. Why's everybody always staring at me?

Eric: Hey bro, I gotta go. Let me through i gotta go #2

Tim : No can doo, I'm taking a pee. Sittin' on the loo havin' a good long wee

Eric: are you sitting down?

Tim : I'm sitting down.

Eric: Are you making brown?

Tim : I'm not making brown.

Eric: Are you making iced tea?

Tim : just lemonade

Eric: Why don't you stand like a regular man, then you can pee in the urinal can

Tim : If you really wanna know why I'm standing strong, I just can't handle touching my dong

Doo Dah Doo Doo

Baby Lion King IMAX
May 3, 2006

by Lowtax
OK this is seriously too loving much. :( I have discovered that my father is a member at Local 506, and he and I have the same first and last name. If/when they IDd me, I could just tell them 'Underage' and keep going. This means I COULD GET IN IF I COULD GO. DAMNIT.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
I thought that Cats was a fantastic episode, and despite the last of Dr. Steve Brule, the best they've done.

Is there a full clip starting with the "I'm not ready" of Steve Brule's first segment out there? I want to show a friend of mine.

queenoffarts.edu
Nov 11, 2005

Clouseau posted:

I thought that Cats was a fantastic episode, and despite the last of Dr. Steve Brule, the best they've done.

Is there a full clip starting with the "I'm not ready" of Steve Brule's first segment out there? I want to show a friend of mine.

All the episodes are available on youtube which is how I've been viewing them in Canada and I have to say this is just about the most random and awesome "sketch" show since Monty Python. I love it.

Also the whole opening is probably the most badass opening known to mankind, :wtc: does not describe it.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

HAM IT UP posted:

All the episodes are available on youtube which is how I've been viewing them in Canada and I have to say this is just about the most random and awesome "sketch" show since Monty Python. I love it.

You can also watch them on adultswimfix.com . YouTube compresses them a bit more.

Stalwart Humdinger
Feb 10, 2006

Babylonian posted:

OK this is seriously too loving much. :( I have discovered that my father is a member at Local 506, and he and I have the same first and last name. If/when they IDd me, I could just tell them 'Underage' and keep going. This means I COULD GET IN IF I COULD GO. DAMNIT.

So, what's the deal, is there some way underage kids can get in? Because I'm thinking about going when they come to LA, but my brother wants to go too and he's 17. Can he get in if I pay his way or something, or is he just screwed?

Baby Lion King IMAX
May 3, 2006

by Lowtax

Stalwart Humdinger posted:

So, what's the deal, is there some way underage kids can get in? Because I'm thinking about going when they come to LA, but my brother wants to go too and he's 17. Can he get in if I pay his way or something, or is he just screwed?

No, it's just that this specific venue had a no-questions-asked over-18 policy, no matter what the show. :argh: As far as the LA show goes, here's your answer from adultswim.com:

Tell your brother to have fun for both of us. :smith:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Babylonian posted:

No, it's just that this specific venue had a no-questions-asked over-18 policy, no matter what the show. :argh: As far as the LA show goes, here's your answer from adultswim.com:

Babylonian I hate to tell you this but I just got back and it was awesome :(

My friend and I caught "Whore's Milk" coozies with Chippy on one side and Whore's Milk facts on the back that were thrown into the crowd, my roommate was lucky and caught a T-shirt with the most awesome picture of T&E ever on it.

They had a lot of new clips that I'm guessing will be on the show at some point, a live Uncle Muscles Hour performance, X-Treme Tim BMX, a couple other skits, and maybe the best video of a certain celebrity guest from TGTTM ever (We were under strict orders to not video tape it because it was insane and if real, they would have their pants sued off.)

Also, we got to see Eric's junk through his skin-tight pants about...83 times. And you probably don't realize this, even when he's on stage the effect is lost, but Eric is about one of the biggest dudes you'll ever see. He walked past me and my friends to get to the bar after the show and I was stunned. I'm 6'3" and he had a good three inches and 50 pounds on me. He is a titan.

I don't know if this has been posted but -> http://www.adultswim.com/shows/timanderic/tour/index.html <- They will be webcasting tomorrow's show, which will not be the same but if you want to see it and didn't get to for whatever reason, there's your chance. They had cameras set up tonight, too, so I'm guessing one of the performances will be a DVD extra at some point.

Stalwart Humdinger
Feb 10, 2006

Babylonian posted:

Oh, thanks. For some reason I thought it was only 18 and over. I should have read it more carefully. :downs:

And sorry you couldn't go. Maybe they'll tour again next year. :gbsmith:

edit: Wait, ticketweb.com says it's 18 and over. drat you adult swim, stop messing with my head!

edit 2: VVV Well, gently caress.

Stalwart Humdinger fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Mar 1, 2007

agony spire
Jun 13, 2001

Stalwart Humdinger posted:

Oh, thanks. For some reason I thought it was only 18 and over. I should have read it more carefully. :downs:

And sorry you couldn't go. Maybe they'll tour again next year. :gbsmith:

edit: Wait, ticketweb.com says it's 18 and over. drat you adult swim, stop messing with my head!

If its any help, I got my ticket from the Echo in the mail the other day. The ticket says 18 and over.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

JethroMcB posted:

They had a lot of new clips that I'm guessing will be on the show at some point, a live Uncle Muscles Hour performance, X-Treme Tim BMX, a couple other skits, and maybe the best video of a certain celebrity guest from TGTTM ever (We were under strict orders to not video tape it because it was insane and if real, they would have their pants sued off.)

Gary Busey. That video is loving insane. I can't believe that guy.

taste sensation
Nov 2, 2006

by Fistgrrl
I love everything about this show, but I especially love the little stuff. Like the "Doo Dah Doo Doo" wipes where the screen jumps behind the bush, or the stuttering intro music to "Portrait of an Artist". Or the idea of bonus features on a training tape. Or the spelling of Terry as "Tairy", probably an homage to Tom and the continuous misspelling of his name (Thom Petres, Taumpy Tears, etc.) in TGTTM.

Thank you to whoever posted that soundboard. My Big Cups and Pipe Camp (Alternate) are now my ringtones.

edit: Oh, and the credit songs are the best. Rolo tony brown town, check yourself right at the doooooooooorr.....

taste sensation fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Mar 1, 2007

BlankWaveArcade
Sep 18, 2003
This giving in is wearing thin...

JethroMcB posted:

Babylonian I hate to tell you this but I just got back and it was awesome

You forgot to mention DJ Dougg Pound (he's in the mix). Also, can you buy the shirts they were throwing to the crowd anywhere?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

BlankWaveArcade posted:

You forgot to mention DJ Dougg Pound (he's in the mix). Also, can you buy the shirts they were throwing to the crowd anywhere?

It was very late when I wrote that and I was tired but yes DJ Dougg Pound was awesome as well.

TROJAN
MAGNUM
CONDOMS
RE-RE-REMIX

Pretty sure you can't get those shirts anywhere else, didn't see them at the merch table. That makes it a collector's item, my friend.

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

JethroMcB posted:

And you probably don't realize this, even when he's on stage the effect is lost, but Eric is about one of the biggest dudes you'll ever see. He walked past me and my friends to get to the bar after the show and I was stunned. I'm 6'3" and he had a good three inches and 50 pounds on me. He is a titan.

I sort of noticed this in the pee ad since Eric nonchalantly peers right over the stall door and has to use the very last notch in the baseball cap. He's about my size actually! :)

CueZero
Jul 17, 2004
Fangirl death

TheDingo posted:

I'm actually more worried at what weird folks might be showing up...

Not really sure what kind of folks you're expecting. The whole point of this sort of comedy is to be absolutely off your rocker and not give a poo poo what all the "inside the box" people think about it, and laugh them off everytime someone goes "wut i don't get it".

Also, the cat sketch with George Michael had me on the floor, no one pulls off the awkward expressions better. And I was so happy to see Zach Garlifankias (hope i'm not butchering the name), he's hilarious and needs more Alan Fingers type roles.

Am I the only one that had to bust out some hilariously awesome pre-pop era Devo videos after seeing the opening graphics for this show?

queenoffarts.edu
Nov 11, 2005

livingfruitvirus posted:

You can also watch them on adultswimfix.com . YouTube compresses them a bit more.

Well poo poo, I remember trying 4-5 months ago and they wouldn't let me view it considering I was in Canada but I just tried it again and it started playing.

edit: Now none of them run so I guess that was a little preemptive.

queenoffarts.edu fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 1, 2007

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

JethroMcB posted:

I don't know if this has been posted but -> http://www.adultswim.com/shows/timanderic/tour/index.html <- They will be webcasting tomorrow's show, which will not be the same but if you want to see it and didn't get to for whatever reason, there's your chance. They had cameras set up tonight, too, so I'm guessing one of the performances will be a DVD extra at some point.
The webcast has been canceled due to "some legal bullshit" :( :( :(

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

HAM IT UP posted:

Well poo poo, I remember trying 4-5 months ago and they wouldn't let me view it considering I was in Canada but I just tried it again and it started playing.

edit: Now none of them run so I guess that was a little preemptive.

Not sure what's up, but AS Fix has been accessible worldwide for weeks now.

Baby Lion King IMAX
May 3, 2006

by Lowtax

datajosh posted:

The webcast has been canceled due to "some legal bullshit" :( :( :(

This is true.

timanderic@timanderic.com posted:

Hey Gang,

We're on the road! 30 miles from Atlanta and we just heard that there may be some tornados. SHIRT!

Thank you all for coming out for the first three nights. You guys made these shows so fun for us.

Check out Eric's Blog for some awesome pics:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=4998487&blogID=235211085&MyToken=dff75628-a84c-4001-b6ff-ae75101cfc20

The live webcast has been canceled due to some legal bullshit! That means you must come to see us live!

There's still some tickets left for our remaining dates. The first 3 shows sold out, so get em now.

XOXOXO,

T & E

https://www.timanderic.com

ffffffuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkk

E:

Baby Lion King IMAX fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 2, 2007

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

taste sensation posted:

I love everything about this show, but I especially love the little stuff.
One of my favorite moments in the show so far is at the end of the B'owl commercial when Bob throws it into the trash and it zooms in on its eyes for about ten seconds while playing a frozen static sound. OK, it sounds really stupid when I describe it, but goddamn if it doesn't make me crack up every single time.

And man, I really wish I could see their live show. Living in Montana sucks sometimes.

Baby Lion King IMAX
May 3, 2006

by Lowtax
So how does this work? I know they post the new episode Fridays on the Fix, but does that mean they post it at midnight tonight?

apathetic poster
May 8, 2002

by T. Finn
I just got back from the live show :)

Too bad about the webcast being canceled, else you would be able to see my girlfriend get laid on by Eric (crotch on crotch so hot) ((she was the one in the blue shirt if you were there)) Also Tim is a fan of TV Carnage which is the one question I asked and he said yes :) :)

Also stole some cool stuff: overhead transparencies and a hairy baby whore's milk coozie.

It was beary funny and I recommend it. Great job!

apathetic poster fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 2, 2007

Senor Bambos
Aug 6, 2004

robot roll call posted:

Gary Busey. That video is loving insane. I can't believe that guy.

Can anyone run down what exactly it was Gary Busey did? I used to find him to be one of the more interesting celebrities, but in recent years I was beginning to think his "craziness" was just an act.

Also, just caught the newest episode. Snaggletooth's wonderful song has to be the highlight of the episode, with Weird Al supposedly kidnapping old ladies for the pleasure of Tim and Eric coming in at a close second.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Watched the episode a few minutes ago and i cant stop laughing from the scene where weird al communicates with tim and eric through mouth-pops

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Senor Bambos posted:

Can anyone run down what exactly it was Gary Busey did? I used to find him to be one of the more interesting celebrities, but in recent years I was beginning to think his "craziness" was just an act.

let's see if I can remember:

They paid him 1000 dollars to say a couple lines on TGTTM

he comes in and he is a total rear end to Tim and Eric
he'll read a line and be like "this is terrible, totally amateur. why would the audience believe this line? you've got to appeal to their HEARTS and their SOULS" and all this INSANE poo poo like that, he's just totally condescending to Tim and Eric over maybe 5 lines he has to read. He then proceeds to tell Tim "you're fired" and tries to rewrite the lines himself. The video is 7 minutes long. They said he was there for the better part of 5 or 6 hours. To record 5 lines.

It's not a joke video either. He is very clearly insane.

Senor Bambos
Aug 6, 2004

robot roll call posted:

let's see if I can remember:

They paid him 1000 dollars to say a couple lines on TGTTM

he comes in and he is a total rear end to Tim and Eric
he'll read a line and be like "this is terrible, totally amateur. why would the audience believe this line? you've got to appeal to their HEARTS and their SOULS" and all this INSANE poo poo like that, he's just totally condescending to Tim and Eric over maybe 5 lines he has to read. He then proceeds to tell Tim "you're fired" and tries to rewrite the lines himself. The video is 7 minutes long. They said he was there for the better part of 5 or 6 hours. To record 5 lines.

It's not a joke video either. He is very clearly insane.

Haha. That reminds me of his "appearance" on the Hunter S. Thompson documentary "Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride". He spends his entire interview trying to get his entrance just right.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Senor Bambos fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Mar 3, 2007

Stalwart Humdinger
Feb 10, 2006
I didn't think this episode was as good as the others. It was okay, but I'm mostly just sad that Dr. Steve Brule isn't coming back. :smith:

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
the fix suddenly isn't working for me anymore. it says it's loading after the click, but then it just stops and goes back to "select a show to view". is something hosed or is it just laggy sometimes

agony spire
Jun 13, 2001
Great episode, much better than last week imo. I'm pumped again to see them in a few days :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Here She Comes may just be better than Doo Dah Doo Doo and Dr. Steve Brule.