Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

ConfusedUs posted:

I'm not puking blood. It's flowing freely from my gums and the roof of my mouth any time anything touches them that's harder than themselves. You know, things like bread.

DON'T ARGUE, JUST GO REST AND STOP BLEEDING.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

ConfusedUs posted:

Healing of my secondary infections is going slow.

See, being sick for so long let in a couple of really, really nasty bugs. The big one is the tonsilitis that set in. Thanks to blisters all up and down my throat and esophagus, eating anything is a chore. Anything with salt in it tears me to pieces, as does anything scratchy. This includes those staples of soft food: mashed potatoes and chicken noodle soup. The outbreak has been over for a couple of days, but my throat is being very, very slow in healing.

Secondly, I got a weird-rear end fungal infection in my mouth. This part is kinda gross. It affects my gums, tongue, and the roof of my mouth. Everything is swollen, to the point of bleeding if anything harder than the tissue touches it. So anything I have to CHEW makes my mouth bleed like a stuck pig. I've woken up several times to the taste of blood in my mouth. The only solution is to get up, spit out all the blood, rinse my mouth out, and go back to bed after checking to make sure I didn't drool blood all over my pillow (happened twice now, yuck). I've had to buy two new toothbrushes in the last week, because the old ones got so covered in gore that rinsing just didn't work.

If you're paying attention, you'll notice that this means I can't eat anything. I've been surviving on Jello and the occasional piece of bread for about four days now. I haven't had a real meal of any sort in eight days, and I've lost about ten pounds.

Third, the damage to my esophagus and the lack of food intake has lead to a massive case of acid reflux. I've found exactly one liquid that I can drink without causing stomach acids to flood back up my damaged esophagus: sweet tea. I dunno why. Food doesn't cause a reflux, mostly...but I can't get most food past my mouth and throat.

I've been prescribed different medicines for all of these problems. There's a super-dooper-mega-awesome-Zantac-like medicine for the acid reflux. It works well to keep random reflux down, but I still can't drink water.

There's a weird loving mouthwash for the fungal infection. It looks like smooshed bananas, smells like glue, and tastes like syrup with a hint of mint. I swish it around my whole mouth before swallowing it. It's nasty, and has turned my teeth a nice yellow color.

For my throat, I have some prescription pain medicine. That's great, except it knocks me flat on my rear end. I lost two days to this medicine last time I took it regularly. I've been sticking to Tylenol during the days, but it doesn't work as well.

I tire really, really easily. Just going up or down the stairs is enough to put me on my rear end for a few minutes. I've been trying to go back to work (none of my current ailments are contagious). I worked a 4-hour shift Monday and another Tuesday. I made it home on Monday but I literally passed out at work after three hours on Tuesday. I'm supposed to work a full 8-hour shift tomorrow, Thursday, but I don't see it happening.

What this means for you, Trad Games, is that me catching up is going to be slow. ADOM is next on my list, August, but I may not get through catching up on my reading for another day or two. It's hard for me to focus on anything for any length of time right now.

Edit: Just to let you know how one thing can lead to another, this all started when I got a virus that gave me a moderate fever. The virus lasted most of a week. The secondary stuff set in after about five days. gently caress you, illnesses.

Mother of God

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.
Jesus, I hope you heal up soon, ConfusedUs.

workape's most recent post:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=324009952

Congrats! I am glad she is okay and things look good.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

CON :gonk: get better ok mang

Greenlit
Dec 16, 2004

A commonborn squire
takes the reins of a knightly order, and leads a wayward kingdom from the midst
of chaos. The masses yearn for a hero. I give them what they wish.
Jesus Christ, Conf. Get better broham. :(

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Finally got my old desktop up here, but it's causing havoc with the LAN so I'm reinitating hostilities with the IT department, may get it sorted by the weekend, maybe not.

Also Con :(

ZerodotJander
Dec 29, 2004

Chinaman, explain!
Holy poo poo. Get better, man.

Brenwolf
Oct 24, 2005

I quite enjoy Tom Peepery.
Tommorow I leave on a ski trip and I will return on Wednessday. I will try to post any chance i get, but i dont know how much luck i will get with the internet.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

IT security department once again being slow/incompetent. No internet this weekend, maybe monday.

On the brighter side of things, I'm using this downtime to plan my next game, which might actually last longer than a month or two.... :(

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.
From March 19 through the 27th I am going to be in Spain for a conference. I am not sure I can post from there, either because of my schedule or net availability.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.
Just so that no one is worrying about me, my biopsy came back negative today. Cultures show a severe infection, and they might have to remove a part of my prostate, but other than that, I DON'T HAVE rear end CANCER!!!!.

I still piss painful blood for another 72 hours, though, until the antibiotics kick in.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

Gau posted:

I DON'T HAVE rear end CANCER!!!!.

Yay! :woop:

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.

Jedi425 posted:

Yay! :woop:

Give me a present and go post in BESM Ops.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I have eaten not one, but TWO meals today. I'm loving stuffed. It feels amazing. I CAN EAT WOO loving HOO.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Will be traveling tomorrow morning to afternoon, posting will be spotty for a week afterwards. Probably won't be around a lot tonight either.

My apologies to Winson, because this will likely restrict posting in THS when it starts up, and after all that bitching I did. :smith:

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
I'm off for spring break. Won't have internet, so I won't be posting again until late Sunday 18th/early Monday 19th. DMs of my games, feel free to do whatever the hell you want to my guys. Later.

MagicHateBall
Dec 11, 2002

Humans were drinking alcohol five thousand years ago, and they're still drinking it now. Alcohol is humanity's friend.

Can I abandon a friend?
THIS IS MADNESS

THIS IS FINALS WEEK

Here is how it is: between school and work and finals I have approximately one day off in the next two weeks and I'm stressed as all hell. Posting has already slowed, and I apologize for being a shittier poster than usual. Hopefully things will pick up after finals are over and all I have to worry about is work, but we'll see.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

It's cool man, Cybergen is in a pretty slow spot at the moment. I do not think I will be pushing really hard for SUPER ACTION OMG until next week, since everyone is really busy right now.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

MagicHateBall posted:

Here is how it is: between school and work and finals I have approximately one day off in the next two weeks and I'm stressed as all hell. Posting has already slowed, and I apologize for being a shittier poster than usual. Hopefully things will pick up after finals are over and all I have to worry about is work, but we'll see.

BS&B too is running at a slower pace than normal, so sweat not and chill out.

FirstCongoWar
Aug 21, 2002

It feels so 80's or early 90's to be political.
I am in San Antonio celebrating my 21st Birthday.

Winson, I will get those impressions up for you Tuesday, or Wed. at the latest.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?
I might not be on much in the next couple days, between attending a funeral service tomorrow and what will likely be a long job Wednesday. I'll try to fit a post in between there if I can.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I guess I'm in enough games now that I need to post here.

I'm going out of town tomorrow to babysit my nieces and nephew, and will be without a computer from Tuesday afternoon to Wednesday night. Don't wait on me in anything.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

My mouse is broken. I have had to get to this screen using tab to scroll to the link I want to use then clicking enter to select it. Posting anything anywhere is going to be stupidly hard until I buy a new mouse, which will probably be tomorrow.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Updates for both of my games tomorrow. School and work deadlines decided to doubleteam me, but big-rear end posts for both DB and TV tomorrow.

ZerodotJander
Dec 29, 2004

Chinaman, explain!

team overhead smash posted:

My mouse is broken. I have had to get to this screen using tab to scroll to the link I want to use then clicking enter to select it. Posting anything anywhere is going to be stupidly hard until I buy a new mouse, which will probably be tomorrow.
It's a lot easier to use the find function to find the text of the link (or text near it if it's a button) and then hit enter. If you use firefox, you can even just type / before the text and find as you type will take you right there. But yeah, that sucks.

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
My posts have been few and unusually far between lately. This has been due to a high volume of classwork. Probably won't be that way for longer than another week or so.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

Going to be balls deep in essays for a few days. Bear with me while I get these out of the way.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness

Sputnik posted:

Going to be balls deep in essays for a few days. Bear with me while I get these out of the way.

Sputnik, you can't say things like "Balls Deep" with that avatar staring at me like that.

Naar
Aug 19, 2003

The Time of the Eye is now
Fun Shoe
I'm going home to Ireland Thursday - Monday for my brother's birthday, posting may be slow.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

I have returned exceptionally early from Spring Break!

...gently caress Colorado's cold, dry atmosphere. And gently caress the TG curse. I will resume posting once this hell virus has finished killing me, assuming the afterlife has internet connectivity.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

oobey posted:

...gently caress Colorado's cold, dry atmosphere. And gently caress the TG curse. I will resume posting once this hell virus has finished killing me, assuming the afterlife has internet connectivity.

You sickly, pale nerds sicken me!

MagicHateBall
Dec 11, 2002

Humans were drinking alcohol five thousand years ago, and they're still drinking it now. Alcohol is humanity's friend.

Can I abandon a friend?
Final final today, posting to resume thereafter assuming I do not commit seppuku to remove the stain on my family's honor or start drinking heavily.

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.

oobey posted:

I will resume posting once this hell virus has finished killing me, assuming the afterlife has internet connectivity.

Sorry, the afterlife signed an exclusivity contract with one company to provide all internet services. That company?

SEGA

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

oobey posted:

Good luck. I hope you don't end up like I did.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I'm pretty sure Sam Crenshaw The Rocketeer won't make a detour into Metroid.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

Yarrington posted:

SEGA

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :gonk:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Tuesday, my computer is due to arrive on Tuesday and that is when my posting will return to normal. The worst part is that I'm supposed to go out with friends from work Tuesday night. But I've been without a computer for a month whereas I'm drunk all the time and I won't even be able to get drunk because I'm driving that night. GAH!

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

I've got some time now, so I'll update. Thanks for weathering the storm with me. :)

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Out of town until next Tuesday. I don't know if I'll have time to sneak some internet or not, but if I do (and chances are decent, I'd say) then I will try to update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
My computer is officially dead, I'm sending it in for repairs, but that may take a week or so. Posting will be highly limited until then based on what I can bum from my roommate and girlfriend and random passers-by. Godspeed.