Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma

Chris Knight posted:

Woot, 2 new episodes down, and things are happening in a major way.
Seriously. When did LoGH get so fast? I expected at least three more episodes of angsting before these major decisions were made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Therminador
Mar 31, 2004

Robot Bastard posted:

Seriously. When did LoGH get so fast? I expected at least three more episodes of angsting before these major decisions were made.

That was when the Free Planets Alliance still existed, dude.

"Oh no! I have to somehow reconcile my ardent desire to defend my homeland as best I can and the wishes of selfish but democratically elected leaders! What shall I do?"

It no longer does, and Reinhard, Julian, Reuental, et al are men of action.

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma
I have to say, we have a very geographically-diverse group downloading this series, if my uTorrent pingbacks are any indication.

pyo
Nov 18, 2003

... !

Robot Bastard posted:

I have to say, we have a very geographically-diverse group downloading this series, if my uTorrent pingbacks are any indication.

Earth, united again.

GeFFrod
Jul 17, 2006

by Eris Is Goddess
Quick request: Does anyone have the OPs and EDs and are willing to share them? A torrent link or upload site would be fine. If not, I guess that'd have to figure out how to extract sound from a mkv file and convert it into mp3. Any help would be appreciated.

Now that I think about it, not ALL the OPs were great-- the last season's OP song made me cringe everytime when I heard her slurring the words like she drank too much. All the ED songs were nice. At first I thought that the ED song with Julian scrolling through the pictures of the wedding wasn't very great. That is until that one :cry: episode made it heartbreakingly awesome.

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
Episode 97 is up.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

abbad0n posted:

Episode 97 is up.

Hooray, more LOGH!

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Poor Reuntal. :(

Edited for spoiler. Sorry guys.

Vernii fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Mar 27, 2007

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Vernii posted:

Poor Reuntal. :(
NUUUUUUUOOOOO :cry:

vvv Edited for spoilers, sorry :smith:

ilifinicus fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Mar 27, 2007

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma

abbad0n posted:

Episode 97 is up.

Easy on the loving SPOILERS, PEOPLE, JESUS CHRIST ALMIGHTY.

Num Lock
Apr 2, 2003

Robot Bastard posted:

Easy on the loving SPOILERS, PEOPLE, JESUS CHRIST ALMIGHTY.

Yang coming back as a evil cyborg built by the Terranists was spoiled on 4chan, so this episode is old news.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Num Lock posted:

Yang coming back as a evil cyborg built by the Terranists was spoiled on 4chan, so this episode is old news.

I don't believe in 4chan. :colbert:

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
Episode 98

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

abbad0n posted:

Episode 98
Woo!

The_Guy
Mar 1, 2004

Eventually they always run out of other people's tiles.
98: Everything else notwithstanding, showing Lang's wife coming in to plead his case was brilliant. Scheming civil service poo poo by day, devoted father and loving husband by night.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
They really like to illustrate how seemingly meaningless details can CHANGE THE COURSE OF HUMANITY.

"In reality, had Reinhard forgotten to feed his cat that day, the struggle for peace could have been over in a heartbeat. Historians would lament this for centuries after"

Also: Anyone else expecting the Reuntal revolt to last a bit longer than it did? Sure, the repercussions will be felt for the rest of the show prolly but drat, I expected a bit more. I guess that's just how the cookie crumbles in logh.

fez2
Jan 24, 2002

Man Loner posted:

Also: Anyone else expecting the Reuntal revolt to last a bit longer than it did? Sure, the repercussions will be felt for the rest of the show prolly but drat, I expected a bit more. I guess that's just how the cookie crumbles in logh.
Future episodes spoiler. It's pretty minor and you could totally infer it, but fair warning and all.
It's only real effect (aside from Lang) is on the relationship between the new republic and the empire. Now that Reinhard knows that Yang's successor is at least competent he'll have to test him.

TomatoActivator
Jun 11, 2003
Cheesy Bread
still can't bear to watch episode 83 and on.. after the death...

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Man Loner posted:

They really like to illustrate how seemingly meaningless details can CHANGE THE COURSE OF HUMANITY.

"In reality, had Reinhard forgotten to feed his cat that day, the struggle for peace could have been over in a heartbeat. Historians would lament this for centuries after"
I love this show and I can't wait for episode 99 but drat it must be nice being a historian for an era with all these video cameras around capturing every detail of people's lives.

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
Wait no more: episode 99

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma

abbad0n posted:

BUT THE SOUL STILL BURNS!

fez2
Jan 24, 2002

Man Loner posted:

Haha. You'd be surprised actually, but actual history is like that too. D-Day was successful because Hitler slept in that morning and no one had the guts to wake him without confirmation (our paratroopers had cut the comm lines). A whole division of panzers sat around for that reason.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

abbad0n posted:

So, that episode had a pretty morbid scene. :smith:
At least they wrapped up that particular subplot.

Hatter106
Nov 25, 2006

bolshi fight za homosex
Heh, I just finished reading the OP.
I went to the DL link and saw many more than 13 episodes subbed, so I thought, "Aw christ, those must be the terrible VHS rips the OP mentioned."

Then I look at the post date... October 2004. :v:

Sounds interesting, I'll give it a shot!

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

fez2 posted:

Haha. You'd be surprised actually, but actual history is like that too. D-Day was successful because Hitler slept in that morning and no one had the guts to wake him without confirmation (our paratroopers had cut the comm lines). A whole division of panzers sat around for that reason.
I still get the feeling the the narrator is hiding in Hilda's closet with a talkboy.

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
Episode 100

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
Episode 101

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
Episode 102

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Wow, these are coming out fast now. Hopefully they can keep up the pace, since there's only 110 or 115 episodes, IIRC.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

abbad0n posted:

Episode 102

Nice! So quick!

SeedyV
Nov 10, 2005

Water Triiiiibe
I finally cave in and get the HK-subbed episodes and Central-Anime goes on a subbing-spree.

Serves my impatient self right.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums

SeedyV posted:

I finally cave in and get the HK-subbed episodes and Central-Anime goes on a subbing-spree.

Serves my impatient self right.

Preview for 103 makes me want to get the HK-subs.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
You still watch the previews?

I'd say this is the show that shut me off to any and all previews of anything forever.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Holy poo poo, this show is amazing. I just spent the last few weeks catching up. Why does this show have to keep killing all of my favorite characters? :(

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma

Tir McDohl posted:

Holy poo poo, this show is amazing. I just spent the last few weeks catching up. Why does this show have to keep killing all of my favorite characters? :(
I seriously think that this show, if presented as thirteen one-hour episodes instead of a hundred half-hour episodes, would kill through sheer force of angst. It would make "Giant Robo" look like the Care Bears.

PuppyD
Apr 2, 2003

On your base path, stealing your bases

Numlock posted:

Preview for 103 makes me want to get the HK-subs.

They are not bad, I grabbed them all a year or two ago and watched the entire series in a week. Definatly watchable.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Once again the show demonstrates why it's unbelievably smart. Julien's reasoning about how people who are willing to risk themselves and take action to effect the world being the reason behind war as a fact of life in human history was stunning. And then that is rolled into: "this is why we must fight, even with the odds greatly aganst us, since the Kaiser respects, even personifies these values, and if we get his respect we will be able to have leverage in negotiation." Totally :awesome:

Also:

"I wish the narrator would stop talking about me." :geno:

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Nebakenezzer posted:

Once again the show demonstrates why it's unbelievably smart. Julien's reasoning about how people who are willing to risk themselves and take action to effect the world being the reason behind war as a fact of life in human history was stunning. And then that is rolled into: "this is why we must fight, even with the odds greatly aganst us, since the Kaiser respects, even personifies these values, and if we get his respect we will be able to have leverage in negotiation." Totally :awesome:

This is why I love this show. It captures all of my views on history and war and how they work and in a way accurately portrays them. I think that, in terms of how people over generations act, this is one of the most realistic shows I've ever seen.

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
Episode 103

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Legend of the Galactic Haruhi:

Ep 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_vX--DO2AE

Ep 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyoFgW3A_MI

Ep 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwCCZJYnUiM