Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Crippling laziness sighted off the port bow, no updates until tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.
I come home to my apartment after babysitting for a week to find an eviction notice wedged into my door.

This is, to say the least, interesting because I came back and paid my rent perfectly on time earlier this week.

These incompetent cocksuckers want me out by Monday. I am not sure if this is legal, but unless they back down entirely, it looks like I will be at the very least distracted, and posting will be slim to nonexistent for a while.

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.
Solved mystery, it appears that they credited my payment to one of my neighbours accounts due to blinding incompetence. As soon as I can get a hold of the office, we'll be having a little chat.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Since I'm currently only playing in slow-moving Darklands and Hack The Planet doesn't look like it's starting anytime soon, if at all, it won't be severe, but I think it's better to let you know: I'm going back to university today and will have to sort out a way to get internet access in the dorm which might take a few days. In worst case, I'll be back when I drive back home over the weekend.

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
College has come to a head, and everything now boils down to a handful of deadlines this week - essentially, the last major deadlines of my academic career. If I meet them, graduation is virtually assured and all is well. If I fail to meet them, I'll have the dubious honor of being dismissed from the conservatory in my senior year, sans graduation.... on the week of my birthday, no less.

It's entirely probable and likely that I won't make any more posts until this weekend.

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

Got the apartment situation sorted out, and should be receiving a letter of apology by the end of the day. Still a bit tense from the experience, but posting should resume.

ZerodotJander
Dec 29, 2004

Chinaman, explain!

Yarrington posted:

I come home to my apartment after babysitting for a week to find an eviction notice wedged into my door.

This is, to say the least, interesting because I came back and paid my rent perfectly on time earlier this week.

These incompetent cocksuckers want me out by Monday. I am not sure if this is legal, but unless they back down entirely, it looks like I will be at the very least distracted, and posting will be slim to nonexistent for a while.
Glad this is all resolved. Where the hell do you live that they would try to evict you for being a week behind on your rent?

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Aeolius posted:

College has come to a head, and everything now boils down to a handful of deadlines this week - essentially, the last major deadlines of my academic career. If I meet them, graduation is virtually assured and all is well. If I fail to meet them, I'll have the dubious honor of being dismissed from the conservatory in my senior year, sans graduation.... on the week of my birthday, no less.

It's entirely probable and likely that I won't make any more posts until this weekend.

Happy birthday :smith:

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

ZerodotJander posted:

Glad this is all resolved. Where the hell do you live that they would try to evict you for being a week behind on your rent?

A terrible, terrible place that I'm leaving at the end of May. The notice was put up on Friday, while rent was due Wednesday. So two days from late rent to eviction notice. This is apparently standard procedure there!

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.
Worked 14 hours today...10 hours on Saturday...my next day off is out of sight.

So very tired.

I will update, I promise. Just not right now.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

I have drill this weekend, so from Friday night to Sunday afternoon, I'll be unavailable for ManiacClown's and Doc Bubonic's Deadlands games.

Toenail Ninja
Sep 10, 2003

Superman is back!
It's great!
I'm going to visit my aunt for the weekend. I may have access to a computer, but I'm not sure if I have time. I'll be back Sunday afternoon.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Hey dudes and dudettes, I am going to a concert tonight and it's really far away. Posting probably will not happen until Saturday.

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
I am still plugging away at my various due projects, so my absence will be felt just a bit longer. However, while at work, I may have time for a scattered post or two. Like this. Though my shift is just about to end, in this case. Still, you get the idea.

Sorry about all this.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I CANNOT STOP loving SNEEZING. Or feeling dizzy and constantly sleepy. Cold or some poo poo I dunno; posting will be scarce this weekend, especially with giant killer storms looking to drown us, so just a heads up. Will update as best I can.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Double post lol. Sorry but looks like the concert is actually tomorrow. Posting will resume Sunday.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
May or may not be able to post today. If not, well, parents are coming on Sunday, so probably not then either.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

frankenfreak posted:

Since I'm currently only playing in slow-moving Darklands and Hack The Planet doesn't look like it's starting anytime soon, if at all, it won't be severe, but I think it's better to let you know: I'm going back to university today and will have to sort out a way to get internet access in the dorm which might take a few days. In worst case, I'll be back when I drive back home over the weekend.
A little update: no progress being made on the issue, mainly because the thick walls of my room are like a lead barrier to the built-in W-LAN in my laptop. I should have known, since my mobile phone always has similar issues, so it's only reliable near the window. So I'll try my luck next week with an external W-LAN stick and an extension cable I still have lying around here and we'll see...

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I'm entering my finals and am rapidly losing the will to live just fyi

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
I am out of town until Monday at least. I may or may not have internet access. Don't wait on me. See you Tuesday.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
I too will be out this weekend and may or may not have internet access. See you probably Monday or Tuesday, for sure by Wednesday.

cell
Nov 25, 2003

The more Johnny the better.
My degree modules have conspired to give me the worst deadlines possible. Admittedly it's partly my fault, but I'm in crunch time for a 10,000 word report for Wednesday and a programming assignment for Thursday. While my posting won't stop, it probably won't be able to match other peoples rates.

Particularly sorry to Winson and Oobey who are starting games with me in them this week. Like I say I'll still be able to post, but if there's a flurry of replies I won't be able to keep up.

Back to normal Thursday evening GMT, possibly later if I pull multiple all-nighters and have to sleep it off through Friday.

cell
Nov 25, 2003

The more Johnny the better.
Allow me to revise that so it doesn't seem so drastic (most of my GMs have posted since my above post, hence doubleposting). After doing about 1,500 words in an hour, I'm not crapping myself as much as I had been when I posted the above. I'm more than willing to pull all nighters and given that my work method which includes lots of breaks, there shouldn't be any break in my posting. Barring disasters or unexpected problems (the kind that keep me awake at night) business should be as usual.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
An update about my computer status in the Ballad of AlienCare:

I got another message saying that I should call Alienware customer service today, so I went ahead and did so. The result was both good news and bad news.

First the good news: the computer is now fully repaired and on its way back to me. It can't really be too much longer now.

Now the bad news: Alienware got a message from the FedEx guy who was supposed to deliver the thing (to an office in Nevada) saying that he had the wrong address. I checked with the AlienCare and they have the right address (for an office in Nevada). So they don't know what's up. I said to them, "Okay, whatever, if you just need a different address, I'll give you my home here in New York, or even the New York office if it needs to be in the company's name." They said nope, not an option because it was paid for with a company card and only the company can change the shipping address. Well, I went through my boss and he called to change the shipping address; well, since his name isn't on the card (just the company's), he couldn't change the address either.

So, to recap: FedEx told Alienware that they have the wrong shipping address (for unknown reasons), and only this theorized entity that we call a corporation can call Alienware to change it. No human being has this power. I have to wait for the company for which I work to gain the power of sentience and independent thought so that it can call AlienCare and change the address.

The customer service rep just told me to call him tomorrow to see if he'll be able to sort any of this crap out.

To recap one more time: Never buy a computer from Alienware ever.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Bloodnose posted:

To recap one more time: Never buy a computer from Alienware ever.

duh

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

I have THE POX. I will probably be able to post, but only rambling poo poo with bad spelling.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
Here's a new update from the Ballad of AlienCare:

They allowed me to change just the address number for the office in Reno, so now it will go to the correct place there. Unfortunately, FedEx is geniuses enough that they're sending the computer back to Alienware somewhere in Tennessee. They told me that they're expecting it to arrive there next Tuesday, at which point they will ship it out FedEx GROUND to Reno.

I have no idea how long this will take. The guy told me that he is placing the request to have it sent out "as soon as possible," I don't know if that means they would otherwise have just let it sit in their office for God-knows-how-long, but it's not looking good.

On the upside, once it does turn up in Reno, then the manager there will overnight it to me in New York.

My greatest hope is that I will have my computer back within two weeks of today.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Never buy a computer from alienware.

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

Never buy a computer from that company that supplies Alienware with the hardware either. My father bought one of their non-Alienware branded laptops, and within a few months the brick zapped somethign and he sent it in. This was around the same time that my IBM Thinkpad broke.

I got mine back 48 hours after I first placed the tech support call with IBM, with a new screen, motherboard, and RAM stick.

His took over a month.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

I'm posting this now just to give advanced warning, because it's gonna be really drat long. From June 6th to June 20th I'm gonna be on a cruise, and I'm not entirely sure if it'll have free internet access, much less if I'll have the time or inclination. Actually, the cruise is June 8th to the 17th, but the other days will be spent in a NY hotel.

Either way, chances are extremely high that my posting will drop to near zero during this time. I realize two weeks is a drat long time, so I'll try to bring my games to some kind of resting point at that time. Who knows, though.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.
This weekend I'll be visiting my sister for her graduation. I'll be out Friday afternoon through Monday morning, and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get online during this time.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
I have three papers due next week, that I know of. I'll likely have a fourth. I will also have four tests.

I'm not leaving, but my posting habits are changing. Expect posts only once a day instead of all day long, at least for the next two weeks. Also, I probably won't be in the chat room very much, so if you need me, PM.

Toenail Ninja
Sep 10, 2003

Superman is back!
It's great!
My work is moving to a brand new building on Friday, and IT needs to set poo poo up over there this week. I'll be away from a computer during the day for this week, and work is the only time I'm definitely at a computer. I'll try to post from home in the evenings.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Will have guests up in my house until Sunday, posting may be spotty (?).

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
Sorry guys, I got a bad bug and was bedridden for the last several days. I'll be trying to get caught up on everything by tonight.

TypoDemon
Apr 12, 2004

Go ahead. Take it from me.
My router is pretty regularly loving me in the rear end, so I probably won't be in IRC unless I'm at work. Just a heads up.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Just to let those that give a drat knowe I'll be in Oaklahoma from the 4th to the 12th. My internet will be spotty at best.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Things have gotten a little spotty. Sorry I haven't posted in my games. I should be posting regularly by tomorrow. I'm just not up to being creative right now

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

Bloodnose where is your laptop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

Essay due today. See you guys tomorrow or late tonight.