Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006

foxxtrot posted:

Is this TG gets fired and evicted week? Seriously.

Good luck, man.

I worked as a janitor for one of the dorms last year over the summer. They pay well and it's a do-nothing job, so it's easy and monies!

I was going to apply this year, but now the conferences in the dorms over the summer are looking for folks. I apply. I tell them I need either 1) forty hours a week for monies or 2) a static schedule (so I can get another job and not have to constantly change schedules). They say as an overnight worker I can have both. Awesome, sign me up. This means, though, I can't work as a janitor again.

Orientation day comes. I find out I'm only going to work when the regulars aren't, maybe twenty hours a week. Also, I'm on call, so no static schedule. Oh, and it might not be over night, either. SORRY!

gently caress gently caress gently caress. Gotta apply for the janitor job, quick! Sorry, all full.

Great. Rent is due in two weeks and I'm without a job and without money and this poo poo sucks.

So to everyone else, I completely feel your pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I'm just posting to mention that I'm still gainfully employed, enjoying a three day weekend due to some extra time I put in at the office, and loving life.

:D

blurry!
Jun 14, 2006

Sorry for Party Flocking

Cabbit posted:

I'm just posting to mention that I'm still gainfully employed, enjoying a three day weekend due to some extra time I put in at the office, and loving life.

you won't be loving life when i hit you with a car

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Cabbit posted:

I'm just posting to mention that I won the lottery, had a threesome with two lovely ladies, bought myself a new camera, and saved the earth from an alien invasion. I'm loving life, too, man.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
hey guys i ascended im posting this from a realm where keyboards have very little meaning so my grammar is a little hosed k i gotta go make a new civilization in a distant galaxy ttyl

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Yeah, the 10th is/was my birthday, and the 11th I'm moving back home for the summer, so posting rate is/will be down for a bit.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

blurry! posted:

you won't be loving life when i hit you with a car

Can I help?

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
Girlfriend graduates this weekend. So I'm out of town until Sunday. Doubtful I'll be able to post. I updated everything tonight.

Of Tangible Words
Jul 30, 2006
Not only do I have exams, I have tonsilitis. I feel like poo poo and my pee smells funny from all the antibiotics I'm taking. Consider me dead until further notice.

JoshuaWoulf
Jan 26, 2006

by Ozma
I'm leaving within the next four or five hours for my sister's boyfriend's graduation, and packing up all my sister's poo poo to bring back home/put into storage. Won't be home until mid-to-late Sunday. I'll try to get on at least once a day while I'm up there, but postings will be slow and erratic, if at all.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Real drat tired today, can't get a good update out. Apologies. Will update tomorrow morning for both games before I have to go off for the day to help out with some stuff. Need to get to bed early tonight.

Tenshi
Oct 8, 2003

she's actual size

Captain Foo posted:

Yeah, the 10th is/was my birthday, and the 11th I'm moving back home for the summer, so posting rate is/will be down for a bit.

Happy Birfday Foof!

I'll help to balance the scales of good and bad for TG.

I have been out of work since the end of November, and my job ended really shittily so I couldn't get unemployment (long story short: my hr department were assholes, but I did get them in trouble with the corporate offices).

On the upside, I have moved into a new house which has decreased my depression levels a hundred-fold.

On the downside, it's more than maus and I can really afford and before our roommate can move in he needs to sell his piano. Anyone in the KC area have an extra $2k and want a baby grand piano in perfect condition? It's really a steal for the cost. Hell, anyone in the KC area?

On the upside, my parents are helping us out and maus just got a job at the humane society.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007
hooray for the small victories.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Hola senors y senoritas! Sorry for not posting for the past few days, but finals are done now. I'm finally back home but it's really late, so posts incoming tomorrow.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
I am a moron and should've stuck to my guns about not starting my games until I get my computer back. My roommate moved out yesterday, so I can't borrow his anymore; also my building's internet access went out yesterday. It's back today, though.

Last, I'm in the midst of signing a lease on a new apartment. But hey, here's some awesome poo poo: the new place can't move me in until Saturday and I'm officially moved out of this one on Thursday.

Where will Bloodnose be in that interim? Only God knows.

As far as I know, the homeless don't have Internet access, so bear with me in this trying time.

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.
Going to the beach all day tomorrow for mother's day, then signing a lease with a loft, then Monday work on crazy project starts back up. I will try to post tomorrow evening.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Yarrington posted:

Going to the beach all day tomorrow for mother's day, then signing a lease with a loft, then Monday work on crazy project starts back up. I will try to post tomorrow evening.
you cannot leave us with a dramatic plant ooze cliffhanger and then disappear you bastard :doom:

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Bloodnose posted:

I am a moron and should've stuck to my guns about not starting my games until I get my computer back. My roommate moved out yesterday, so I can't borrow his anymore; also my building's internet access went out yesterday. It's back today, though.

Last, I'm in the midst of signing a lease on a new apartment. But hey, here's some awesome poo poo: the new place can't move me in until Saturday and I'm officially moved out of this one on Thursday.

Where will Bloodnose be in that interim? Only God knows.

As far as I know, the homeless don't have Internet access, so bear with me in this trying time.

Right when the whole show was just getting started too :shobon:. I'm more than willing to wait but I'm wondering if there isn't something short you can have someone else run the 40k game through in the meantime (probably not likely). Good luck and hope for the best.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
I'm going to keep my games running, they just won't be running on the trademark Bloodnose Hyperpost™ engine that my players are so used to. Probably one update per day, at least.

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.
Yesterday I was thinking to myself that I was probably through the worst of things. I woke up sick this morning. I dragged myself into work, but I will probably be going home as I can't concentrate on much of anything.

Posting still sketchy.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
Here's a semi-triumphant update:

Today I called to get a follow-up from an Alienware supervisor I talked to on Friday. He told me he was going to do his super best job to get my computer shipped out to me either today or, at the very latest in the worst case situation, tomorrow.

Well, the person I talked to today said it'd be out next week. So I was all like "Say WHAAAAAT?"

And I did my 'get all mad while still keeping cool with the person' thing and got to a supervisor again. That supervisor told me the same thing, so I was all like "Say WHAAAAAT?" again and repeated the other steps so this supervisor bumped me up one more level.

Now I knew I was in the big leagues because I was talking to someone who didn't have an accent. This guy was a real super-nice straight-talking guy who explained all these processes and checks and balances and services that couldn't ever be changed even if the four horsemen were riding across the Everglades. He told me he'd do everything he could to get it out as soon as possible, but it probably wouldn't be until next week.

The reason things are semi-triumphant, though, is that he mentioned compensation. He said something to the effect of "We're thinking about how we can compensate you to show that we truly apologize for this situation that is really not indicative of Alienware service. We're known for our excellent service and we haven't given you excellent service, I know that." And he was all around a really good guy who really seemed like he wanted to help me out. How much was acting and how much was real, I don't know, but I feel good that I've gotten to this level of executive decision-making in their ranks and have a feeling that I might be nearing that blessed day when I will finally have my computer back.

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

He is lying to you. He probably took a giant dump on your laptop while he was talking to you on the phone.

Also as to show that things CAN always get worse, my cable is going in and out sporadically now. I will try and get posts in while I can.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Bloodnose posted:

We're known for our excellent service

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Yeah I suck etc etc etc. Moving is hard work, ok? I am in my new apartment now, however, and once more have internet access. You all know what I am going to say next here...

...updates tomorrow.

Sorry babes, but them's the breaks.

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Big paper due tomorrow (today), then I'm moving off campus. Wednesday, I'm attending a function in the city. By Thursday, things should be more or less normal.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Gus Hobbleton posted:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I'm gonna side with Gus on this one...

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?
Due to some changed plans, I'm going to be out of town for a few days and I don't know if I'll have internet access. You can NPC me as needed or just float me to the background.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!
It's finals starting tomorrow and ending (for me, anyway) next Tuesday.

Don't expect much out of me.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

So does anyone know if DiscipleOfTheClaw got hit by a truck or something?

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe

Cabbit posted:

So does anyone know if DiscipleOfTheClaw got hit by a truck or something?

You're gonna feel sooo bad when it turns out he was.

Just want to let everyone know that my period of homelessness begins tomorrow. I move into my new apartment on Monday, but I don't think I'll have Internet in it right away. And even if I did, I won't have a computer to use it with. I won't be living with a roommate, so who knows what'll happen. I'll actually be more likely to be posting over the weekend while I'm living with my friend in Brooklyn than I will when I'm moved in.

So basically, only God knows if I'll be able to post or not in the coming days. Sorry.

JoshuaWoulf
Jan 26, 2006

by Ozma
It's all good, Bloodnose. Now that we're not constantly waiting for updates on the actions of the night, and just waiting for the fast-forward to the wedding, I'm fine with the delay. :)

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
Sorry I've been flaky this week.

I had to give this the the girl. Now, things have gotten unexpectedly busy. I'll find time in the next few days to update though, I promise.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.
Holy crap dude!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ZOMG

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Will be in England for the week. Internet will be less prolific then normal. Expect nothing before monday.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

foxxtrot posted:

I had to give this the the girl. Now, things have gotten unexpectedly busy. I'll find time in the next few days to update though, I promise.

I see your girl prefers colored stones as well. :hfive:

I should have posted a picture of the ring I gave her when I did it.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Jedi425 posted:

I see your girl prefers colored stones as well. :hfive:

I should have posted a picture of the ring I gave her when I did it.

Sup fellow not a diamond engagement ring purchasing buddy?

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

foxxtrot posted:

OOOOOOOHHHHHHH

:neckbeard:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

foxxtrot posted:

That's a beautiful stone. Lucky girl. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis
Congrats Foxxtrot.

Nice ring.