Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motivational Lobster
May 15, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump
Sorry to everyone waiting on my posting - I'm home until the 6th and don't have much internet access. I'll try to update everything that needs updating this afternoon.

Sorry for the delay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.
Ok here is the solid update with my situation.

I have movers coming tomorrow, the 30th, which will lead me into the desert of no internet or cable tv. But do not fear, my brothers, for lo, there is a light at the end of the tunnel for the faithful! After wandering for 40 years, on Saturday the prophet will arrive and lead me to the glorious land of Time Warner, where the internet is fast, the HD channels plentiful, and the television on demand!

From Wed. night to Saturday I will thus have no internet, though there is a slim chance I can chat up my neighbours and borrow their wireless for a few days*. Also there is a lounge on the first floor with wireless, so I will probably make camp there if not.

*all the walls and floors are solid concrete, and I don't really know anything about how wireless rays actually work, despite being a software architect myself. I assume gnomes of some kind are involved, and most species despise concrete.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
I've got an excursion to Utrecht tomorrow, and work at the secondairy the day after, so I'll likely get to posting again come Friday.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

Yarrington posted:

From Wed. night to Saturday I will thus have no internet, though there is a slim chance I can chat up my neighbours and borrow their wireless for a few days*. Also there is a lounge on the first floor with wireless, so I will probably make camp there if not.
What of libraries in your area? The NYPL has become my second home in these trying times.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Yarrington posted:

*all the walls and floors are solid concrete, and I don't really know anything about how wireless rays actually work, despite being a software architect myself. I assume gnomes of some kind are involved, and most species despise concrete.

Fairies, actually. If you had studied any sort of networking textbooks you would know that Wi-Fi stands for WInged FaIries. How do you think the signals move through the air? Gnomes certainly can't fly. Wi-Fi would have been called Wi-Fa but that was already being used.

And yes, they are violently allergic to concrete. With the exception of a few exceptionally hardy breeds most Wi-Fis are killed on contact with the stuff.

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.
On the good side, switching cable providers should fix the mysterious Live connection problems I've been having, and just in time for Shadowrun too!

FirstCongoWar
Aug 21, 2002

It feels so 80's or early 90's to be political.

Yarrington posted:

On the good side, switching cable providers should fix the mysterious Live connection problems I've been having, and just in time for Shadowrun too!

shut up about your internet connection and pick characters (also get Forza)

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness

oobey posted:

And yes, they are violently allergic to concrete. With the exception of a few exceptionally hardy breeds most Wi-Fis are killed on contact with the stuff.

Not to mention the steel-mesh that often hides within concrete walls. That poo poo really fucks the faeries up.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
University is wrapping up and drawing to it's conclusion. Our houses internet contract runs out soon too meaning I'm going to be sans-internets from monday onwards. I'm going to try posting but my count is probably going to drop by a huge pile.

Dex Davican
Apr 21, 2007
*jaunts*
Moving. The drive itself will only take a day or so, but the two weeks after I move are rather up in the air. I'll may be able to post with something approaching the frequency I already have. If it gets too bad, I'll let my GMs know not to wait on me (not that they were necessarily planning to, but, you know).

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
WINDOWS BROKEN STOP POSTING SPORADIC STOP gently caress DA POLICE STOP

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Leaving for the weekend. Will be back Sunday night.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Leaving for the weekend. See you all Sunday Night.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Leaving for th---not really.

I will be going on vacation in a couple of weeks though, from June 14th to the 21st. I might be able to add a couple days on either end of that, and I surely hope so, but no promises.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I am not feeling well and don't anticipate posting much for a little bit.

MagnumOpus
Dec 7, 2006

I am in the process of moving to a new house for the next several days, and will have only brief online access until early next week. Looks like the only active game I am in is Cabbit's Mage game, I will attempt to write up my updates and log in to post them when I can. Sorry for the delay as we're starting a new scene, bad timing.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
Been looking for a job for six hours a day and working (at the lovely job) for ten. So posting will usually happen when I'm at work, because when home I want to sleep.

Hammer of Loki
Nov 29, 2005

Now get me some nails
Good luck with the job search Swags!

Dthulhu
Jan 7, 2004

'til death do us party, right here on Crystal Lake
:black101::gooncamp:
As of this coming Monday (June 4th) I will be gone on vacation for two weeks (until June 18th). My wonderful Risus game will not be updated since I do not know if I will have internet access or access to a computer. Please continue to talk back and forth players!

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
If somebody hasn't heard yet, I'm going through finals right now. I'll try to keep posting over the next week, so if I forget a game, just remind me on IRC.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Lack of internet powers GOOOOOO!!

Posting sporadic until Sunday.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
BOTH operating systems borked now, and I think my 40gb hard drive just died on me.

Posting will (probably) commence later tonight.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
I have a major job interview on Friday, complete with a required 30-minute presentation! So, if I seem a little more distracted than usual this week, that's why.

MagicHateBall
Dec 11, 2002

Humans were drinking alcohol five thousand years ago, and they're still drinking it now. Alcohol is humanity's friend.

Can I abandon a friend?
This post is sorta after-the-fact, but such is life. My posting has been slack(er than usual) for the last couple of days because school and work and random life events have colluded to drive my gently caress You meter to unprecedented levels.

Tonight I'm just gonna do chores and play Harvest Moon. After I get back from work tomorrow I am going to get reacquainted with my old friend, the Reverend Jim Beam, and then we'll see about some posting.

Apologies to those whom I am running games for, and those who's games I'm in. Hopefully this will not continue.

Motivational Lobster
May 15, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump
In transit; Very little posting for the next couple days. Regular posting shall resume wednesday or thursday.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
After a maddening day of going to far too many UPS stores and covering way too much ground on this island and paying way too much in cab fare, I finally have a computer again.

My nightmare is finally over. I'm quoting this for posterity:

Bloodnose ON MARCH loving SEVENTEENTH posted:

My computer is officially dead, I'm sending it in for repairs, but that may take a week or so. Posting will be highly limited until then based on what I can bum from my roommate and girlfriend and random passers-by. Godspeed.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Bloodnose. I think I speak for everyone when I say 'holy loving poo poo that took a long time. Sue them.'

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

ATTN: Doc Bubonic and ManiacClown

I have a big drill this weekend (MUTA 8 - four days), so from Sat to Thurs I'm a no-show.

Speaking of military stuff, I'm getting deployed in mid-July (after a week and a half AT period), so, as much as I like playin' Deadlands with you two, might as well get ready to shuffle me off the deck for a while. Once I get settled in, I'll be back, ready for more of the Weird (or Wasted) West.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Sion posted:

Bloodnose. I think I speak for everyone when I say 'holy loving poo poo that took a long time. Sue them.'

quotin' dis

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
I got a new job.

I'm also still trying to work my old one.

I'm so hosed.

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Now I remember what I hated last year about working a full shift bookended by lengthy commutes; most days it leaves me zonked by the time I get home, with just enough time to sleep and then prepare for work again.

It appears that most of my posting will occur during downtime at work... which is where I now go.

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

Long hours, lengthy commute, and a massive surprise requirements rewrite for the project I'm on means less posting and no real chance to join new games for at least a week.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Sion posted:

As an alternative to a knee jerk lawsuit, you could try resolving things through their customer service folks.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I will be out of town the 11th and possibly the 12th. And possibly part of the 10th.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe

Winson_Paine posted:

As an alternative to a knee jerk lawsuit, you could try resolving things through their customer service folks.

That sounds much better. Before I was considering a suit on the grounds that I paid them for a service they didn't provide. Now that I've got the thing back, they actually did what I paid them for, even if it did take them a stupid amount of time. I'm going to work with customer service as best I can; then if they continue to be miserably unhelpful, I'll call my lawyer and see if we can make a case out of this.

blurry!
Jun 14, 2006

Sorry for Party Flocking
Here's the deal: I'm almost permanently out of the internet game. I've moved into a small studio by myself and don't have enough income to support an internet connection of any kind. On top of this, there was a mishap with some water and my laptop (my only computer), and it's completely, utterly fried. So, my games that I am running are on permanent hiatus. The most I'll be able to do is occasionally borrow my friend's laptop/connection for a brief period of time to post in Eronarn's D&Dec game. It was my first, and probably my last game here on TG. I'm sorry everyone, but that's how my life has worked out. I don't see myself being reliably connected to the net in the next year.

I'm sorry.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

blurry! posted:

Here's the deal: I'm almost permanently out of the internet game. I've moved into a small studio by myself and don't have enough income to support an internet connection of any kind. On top of this, there was a mishap with some water and my laptop (my only computer), and it's completely, utterly fried. So, my games that I am running are on permanent hiatus. The most I'll be able to do is occasionally borrow my friend's laptop/connection for a brief period of time to post in Eronarn's D&Dec game. It was my first, and probably my last game here on TG. I'm sorry everyone, but that's how my life has worked out. I don't see myself being reliably connected to the net in the next year.

I'm sorry.

:( I hope things get better for you soon!

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Blurry. That blows, man. That really blows and I hope things get sorted for you nice and soon but if they don't then know that I really liked the stuff we did in idle hands and won't be forgetting that picture any time soon...

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Will be out of internet range until Sunday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
There's a lot of unfair bullshit going on with my academic status that's giving me pause to consider that my initial deferential attitude of "I brought this upon myself" may not have been entirely accurate. Until such a time as I am past this unpleasant and stressful situation, my posting will be slightly less prompt.