Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swagger like us
Oct 27, 2005

Don't mind me. We must protect rapists and misogynists from harm. If they're innocent they must not be named. Surely they'll never harm their sleeping, female patients. Watch me defend this in great detail. I am not a mens rights activist either.
In the Venture Brothers in the episode where the boys die and you see Dr. Venture going to all parts of the world and Brock chasing after him, it has that techno song in it that starts out slow and then kicks up when he is in that rave party. What song is this?

edit: This song, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmvYGMnQvdw

swagger like us fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jun 15, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transcendi
Jan 6, 2004

SGT. GRUUUUUUMMBLES!

Artem posted:

In the Venture Brothers in the episode where the boys die and you see Dr. Venture going to all parts of the world and Brock chasing after him, it has that techno song in it that starts out slow and then kicks up when he is in that rave party. What song is this?

"Everybody's Free (To Feel Good)" but a dance mix. Originally in William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet, and later used for that dreadful Sunscreen song narrated by Hugo Weaving.

I'm not sure why I even know so much about this song.

edit: Wow, apparently the dance song came first. http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:kcfwxqe5ldae

Transcendi fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jun 15, 2007

Funnylink
Apr 14, 2004
Arg
There was a music video that played during the human giant marathon of a newer song with 4 people playing in a band that was cell shaded. The song goes "we don't care about the, only about the" and I cant even find it from the lyrics because it was hard to understand the lyrics on my cars crappy speaker system.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

La vierge Marie vous regarde.

Funnylink posted:

There was a music video that played during the human giant marathon of a newer song with 4 people playing in a band that was cell shaded. The song goes "we don't care about the, only about the" and I cant even find it from the lyrics because it was hard to understand the lyrics on my cars crappy speaker system.

I think you want Young Folks by Peter, Bjorn and John. Here's a Youtube link.

Tome
Mar 2, 2007

kirkjames posted:

Romantic Rights? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StqKf96b4Cs

If not, just search Death From Above on youtube and check the results. I'm almost positive the band is Death From Above 1979.

Yes! That's it! Thank's a lot, NMD! Time to buy everything they've ever released :)

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Tome posted:

Yes! That's it! Thank's a lot, NMD! Time to buy everything they've ever released :)

That won't cost very much, they only released one 'proper' album ("You're a Woman, I'm a Machine") an OK remixes/covers/b-sides album :(

Tome
Mar 2, 2007

shmee posted:

That won't cost very much, they only released one 'proper' album ("You're a Woman, I'm a Machine") an OK remixes/covers/b-sides album :(

Nuuu... Oh well, the stuff I've heard from them sounds great, and Romantic Rights is great fun to play on bass too.

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no

Talkie Walkie posted:

I think the song I'm looking for is from the 70s. It's very funk-ish, may have appeared in some blaxploitation films from the era.

It was featured in the Youtube video "Vader Sessions" beginning at about 3:20, where Vader is going to interrogate Leia.

Link to "Vader Sessions": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A0rwG39Jzk

It's also featured at the end of "Who Needs Enemies?" by The Cooper Temple Clause. What's it called?

And while I'm at it, if anyone wants to take another look at the Vader Sessions video -- what's the song at about 6:52?
That is "Walk On By" by Issac Hayes

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no

Chinaski posted:

I'm looking for a totally cheesy 80's(?) instrumental saxophone ballad. It's an incredibly famous song - everyone knows it. But without lyrics a Google search turns up five-billion smooth jazz songs when searching.

The memorable portion of the song is comprised of the saxophone riff, punctuated by this electronic sounding "peuuuuuu".

Here's how it sounds in my head:

"Fri nih nig, fri dih fri ne ig, fri neh neh feh der feuh der diaiaiaiaig, peuuuuu!"

I would check out Grover Washington Jr.'s music, that guy was the kind of 80's instrumental Ballads. More specifically, check out his album "Winelight"

rowebot44
Feb 21, 2006
Im looking for the artist and sone of a music video i saw. The video was set as a future western with kung fu moves and lasers. About the only lyrics i can rember are in the choris "no ones going to take me away. no ones going to....."

OhToaster
Jul 7, 2006
[color="red"]I REALIZED
So I heard a song on someone's Myspace page (I forgot who) that starts off with a techno-ish beat and then a guy starts rapping. I'm pretty sure he was black, and after every line he goes nananananana.

Retroboy
Jul 12, 2006

Better a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

rowebot44 posted:

Im looking for the artist and sone of a music video i saw. The video was set as a future western with kung fu moves and lasers. About the only lyrics i can rember are in the choris "no ones going to take me away. no ones going to....."

Muse - Knights Of Cydonia

Great track and video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV1bRfLHA3A

Retroboy
Jul 12, 2006

Artem posted:

As mentioned above its certainly the Rozalla version going by the vocals. Was a pretty big hit in the UK (and guessing most of Europe) in 1991.

No idea what the remix is though - a lot trancier than the original and from the sounds of things Id hazard a guess that its from around 2002.

*EDIT

After a bit of detective work:

Aquagen Feat Rozalla - Everybody's Free [To Feel Good] Club Remix

And from 2002 as predicted :)

Retroboy fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jun 17, 2007

Retroboy
Jul 12, 2006

OhToaster posted:

So I heard a song on someone's Myspace page (I forgot who) that starts off with a techno-ish beat and then a guy starts rapping. I'm pretty sure he was black, and after every line he goes nananananana.

Bit of a stab in the dark but try Green Velvet - La La Land.

OhToaster
Jul 7, 2006
[color="red"]I REALIZED

Retroboy posted:

Bit of a stab in the dark but try Green Velvet - La La Land.

Thanks but that's not it :(

The Great Aspie
Jan 13, 2006

The idea is if we don't look out the white race will be utterly submerged
I don't know how helpful this can be, but its worth a try:
http://www.songtapper.com

Just tap in the beats of the song's melody with your spacebar!

And now for mine: I remember hearing a guitar anthem in the early-mid 90s with a very surf feel and a lead guitar riff that would repeat to a higher octave. It sounds like it would be found on Surfing with the Alien or one of Gary Hoey's albums. I think it was used in a bunch of TV ads and maybe a few movies. I'll record the riff when I'm back from traveling if that helps.

Lil Danzig
Mar 1, 2007

Blackadder posted:

I don't know how helpful this can be, but its worth a try:
http://www.songtapper.com

Just tap in the beats of the song's melody with your spacebar!

And now for mine: I remember hearing a guitar anthem in the early-mid 90s with a very surf feel and a lead guitar riff that would repeat to a higher octave. It sounds like it would be found on Surfing with the Alien or one of Gary Hoey's albums. I think it was used in a bunch of TV ads and maybe a few movies. I'll record the riff when I'm back from traveling if that helps.

Dollars to donuts it's Joe Satriani - "Summer Song".

I answered this same question like five pages back with this same song and it was right. I can't think of too many other 'guitar wankfests' that had the kind of exposure that tune did, it was in those Walkman commercials for the neon yellow tape players where the kids were dancing in the fountain, it showed in up in about twenty movies that summer, and it even got airplay on 'normal' radio stations. So, yeah, that's probably it.

gently caress, I just noticed the 'very surf feel' part and now I'm thinking I might be wrong. Didn't Gary Hoey HAVE a surf song that was on the radio? Or am I confused.

Lil Danzig fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jun 17, 2007

sych0
Jul 12, 2004
Here's two:

Whats the sample in 2 Live Crew's Pop that Pussy?
Whats the sample in the live version of So Whatcha Want off the Beastie Boys Awesome I Fuckin' Shot That?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

sych0 posted:

Whats the sample in 2 Live Crew's Pop that Pussy?

Billy Stewart - "Summertime"

http://www.the-breaks.com/search.php?term=pop+that+pussy&type=7

The Great Aspie
Jan 13, 2006

The idea is if we don't look out the white race will be utterly submerged

Lil Danzig posted:

gently caress, I just noticed the 'very surf feel' part and now I'm thinking I might be wrong. Didn't Gary Hoey HAVE a surf song that was on the radio? Or am I confused.

Yep, my brain mixed the "Hocus Pocus" riff by Hoey with a bit of Summer Song's progression. After looking into it, both were on the radio around the same time! Strange how the mind works... I might as well record something like this as an original.

I hate guitar wankers like these guys, but at least I'm not haunted anymore.

Lil Danzig
Mar 1, 2007

Blackadder posted:

Yep, my brain mixed the "Hocus Pocus" riff by Hoey with a bit of Summer Song's progression. After looking into it, both were on the radio around the same time! Strange how the mind works... I might as well record something like this as an original.

You know, now that you mention it, maybe somebody can help me. It was the same era, maybe 96 or 97 or so... there was a song on the radio all the time that was like sort of a glammy hard rock kind of sound, with a real fast lead guitar player and a TON of big vocal harmonies that were almost Queen-like. I don't remember many lyrics to the song, I remember he said "Give it to me" a lot and there may have been something about Romeo and Juliet involved or something.

Either way, it was definitely like your typical mid-90's glam song, ala Skid Row, but with some crazy neo-classical guitar and weird Bohemian Rhapsody type vocals. And if I'm not mistaken, the band had the one hit and disappeared.

Free Weedlord
Dec 27, 2006

Not quite as powerful as timelord
I recently tried to recall some of the songs from my childhood, and there was this song which I believe was sung by Enya. I don't usually listen to this kind of music so I'm kind of walking blind, but while I don't recall how the song went I do remember something from the musicvideo, I believe it took place in a large garden, with a lot of trees and there were some kids and an old man I believe. I looked around for any matching videos but I can't seem to find anything remotely matching.

I know it's a very vague description but I hope maybe someone might know what I'm talking about. :)

Lil Danzig
Mar 1, 2007

Cat in a hat posted:

...I believe it took place in a large garden, with a lot of trees and there were some kids and an old man I believe. I looked around for any matching videos but I can't seem to find anything remotely matching.

It sounds like you might actually be describing that Enigma video that was all over MTV for a couple months in like 1998 or so.

Free Weedlord
Dec 27, 2006

Not quite as powerful as timelord

Lil Danzig posted:

It sounds like you might actually be describing that Enigma video that was all over MTV for a couple months in like 1998 or so.

Nice call, it was definitely the video I was looking for but somehow my brain connected a different song to it v:)v

I can't remember anything about the song really but thanks, now I can at least put my mind at ease regarding this video memory.

network.guy
Jun 20, 2004

It's a classical song.

Thanks.

snacksamillion
Jul 21, 2006
I'm looking for a video. It's close-up high-resolution shots of insects & flowers, highly accelerated. The accompanying music is something electronic, like someone from warp records. As far as I know the photographer made several such videos for different artists.

Nobody Home
Jul 27, 2006

by Fragmaster
This is a classic rock song. All I remember about it was that some of the lyrics were like "and it was very frightening, everybody was fighting/ and the music was grooving, everybody was moving" and the (male) singer sings very dynamically, i.e. his voice goes up and down for emphasis.

Cowculator
Jul 19, 2006

Nobody Home posted:

This is a classic rock song. All I remember about it was that some of the lyrics were like "and it was very frightening, everybody was fighting/ and the music was grooving, everybody was moving" and the (male) singer sings very dynamically, i.e. his voice goes up and down for emphasis.

That must be "Ballroom Blitz" by the Sweet.

Nobody Home
Jul 27, 2006

by Fragmaster

Cowculator posted:

That must be "Ballroom Blitz" by the Sweet.

I love you so good. :bigtran:

E: Wow my lyrics were insanely off.

snacksamillion
Jul 21, 2006

Danny Tanner posted:

I'm looking for a video. It's close-up high-resolution shots of insects & flowers, highly accelerated. The accompanying music is something electronic, like someone from warp records. As far as I know the photographer made several such videos for different artists.
found it:

Alias - Sixes Last http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmvwN1G08zc

Happy Sock
Apr 19, 2007
The happiest sock in the drawer!
All right, NMD, help me out here. I've had the tune of this song in my head but can only remember a little bit about it. I wrote it down on a piece of paper which fell out out my pocket at some point.

The only thing that I can explicitly remember about the song is that it's about this girl that's pleasuring herself in the bathroom. It's not like a "haha that's funny" but sort of "oh no that's kind of sad." It might be popular right now, I heard it on the radio.

Anyways, it was a really good song and I'd like to check out more by the same artist, but I cannot remember who they are!

Deserted
Dec 17, 2006
I can't...I can't look away!
I'm looking for a song that I saw the music video of: It's two DJs, one with an electronic drum machine (the one that looks like a game of Simon) and a turntable, and the other scratching a single record on a tall pedistal. The background is entirely white, and the only words I can remember are the sampled 1-2-3-4 (think DJ Shadow's 'The Number Song').

I saw this while channelsurfing last night, it was on the Animax channel in Argentina at 1AM on Thursday, June 21st.

Edit: My brother thinks the artist's name was one word.

Deserted fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jun 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Deserted posted:

I'm looking for a song that I saw the music video of: It's two DJs, one with an electronic drum machine (the one that looks like a game of Simon) and a turntable, and the other scratching a single record on a tall pedistal. The background is entirely white, and the only words I can remember are the sampled 1-2-3-4 (think DJ Shadow's 'The Number Song').

I saw this while channelsurfing last night, it was on the Animax channel in Argentina at 1AM on Thursday, June 21st.

Edit: My brother thinks the artist's name was one word.
Could it be by Justice? The song D.A.N.C.E. has a 1-2-3-4 part in it

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

The song that plays at the end of John from Cincinnati's pilot episode. Help!

kiffkin
Feb 13, 2007

Fool! Women called Nyla are always spies!

Doflamingo posted:

The song that plays at the end of John from Cincinnati's pilot episode. Help!
I've not seen it, so I don't know for sure, but according to this page it's Sun Rise Light Flies by Kasabian.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

kiffkin posted:

I've not seen it, so I don't know for sure, but according to this page it's Sun Rise Light Flies by Kasabian.

Awesome, thanks! I'll check it out.

Pre-Cambrian Syndrome
Jan 6, 2006

I am in need for help.

This may very well be too obscure/forgotten, even for the NMD crowd, but I'll give it a shot.

About ten years ago, a swedish band covered Total Eclipse of the Heart, and had a video with mainly skateboarding in the autumn. They may or may not have renamed the song to Turn Around. Please tell me the name of this band. It's been driving me nuts for years.

Searching for covers of this particular song only brings out Hurra Torpedo's hilarious version.

Mary Chain
Sep 5, 2006

by Ozma

Mary Chain fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 6, 2011

Lil Danzig
Mar 1, 2007

garygxx posted:

I think its Roll To Me by Del Amitri

That's totally it, thanks. For some reason I like this melody a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.
0k the song im looking for was being done on karaoke 2 night ago i know it was clearly in english and was either called en fuego or el fuego is what people said, so i just need to know the bands name. if no one knows I will try to remember lyrics.