Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Jeet posted:

if we can argue the minutae of D&D rules, we can discuss the other 2 comics on the drat site
One possible compromise would be to have the word Erfworld in bold at the start of each post discussing that webcomic. This way the rest of us will be able to more easily avoid posts that discuss that steaming pile of pixels. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wondersaurus
Jun 28, 2005
The Wondersaurus is probably extinct, like most dinosaurs
HEY GUYS, THIS POST IS ABOUT ERFWORLD!
(as ^he^ suggested)

Davethulhu posted:

Based on Parson's plan, the central hex contains all of the "A" dragons, 19 of them, all wounded, plus the warlords. The surrounding hexes contain unwounded "B" dragons. If Parson has a trick planned, it's something that hasn't been shown yet

Also, I think the Arkenhammer doesn't let him make dragons, it lets him control them.

It's true that Parson's plan originally involved that. BUT he formulated this plan around incomplete information on the nature of the game (he learned it in the next comic, even). He assumed that Ansom had perfect knowledge of the battlefield, like himself. If Ansom had perfect knowledge, such a feint would never work, as Ansom would see the dwagons protect nothing and attack the A group.

So, the safest place to put the dwagons is someplace off safely out of detection range for Ansom, who will charge the center hex around the back, leaving himself open to a bunch of pissed off pink lizards with no real gain.

And make, tame. What-the-gently caress-ever. All it really means is that Stanley can use dwagons in combat. If there's a mechanical meaning, they haven't really elucidated it yet. (And I know, one of the klogs said that units were made in cities, and it's a question of whether Stanley can set Gobwin Knob to make more or not but who cares it's time for fighting)

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
:sax:http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0468.html:sax:

Oh hi new strip

man, those nonames are SO gonna die

Johnny Aztec fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jun 21, 2007

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Is that a winged heart tattoo I see on Haley's back? :awesome:

KOraithER
May 13, 2007

Kids, go in the other room. Grown-up talk.
Hell, Haley even called them "redshirts." They're never getting that cup of something.

And I'm glad this comic answered some questions we were asking, and some that we weren't. We now know that Roy's coming back, where they're escaping to, and that Haley has a tattoo on her back.

Edit: drat, beaten.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Rehostin' just in case.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

KOraithER posted:

Hell, Haley even called them "redshirts." They're never getting that cup of something.

And I'm glad this comic answered some questions we were asking, and some that we weren't. We now know that Roy's coming back, where they're escaping to, and that Haley has a tattoo on her back.

Edit: drat, beaten.

The joke would be on us if Haley dies, too. :v:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I'd like to see that Female dwarf cleric of loki come back.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I don't know, I think the redshirts will make it simply because he's going to such great pains to paint them as typical fodder.

Also, good to see Belkar kept the skull :awesome:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

tsob posted:

Biology is disgusting. :colbert:

ZorbaTHut
May 5, 2005

wake me when the world is saved

tsob posted:

I would be vastly amused if it was completely out of power, but Belkar just kept it around so he can wave it at people and so it can make snide remarks.

Eventually, the two of them form a love which will withstand the ages.

This is now a formal request for Rule 34 to be applied.

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT
I think I figured out why OotS is such a good comic:

Two small details that just that held my interest in this strip alone:

1) Durkon's accent is so thick, that you don't even know what he THINKS V's gender is. "E's" Granted, it's probably "he" in this case, but the detail!

2) Haley has a tattoo. And you know that's going to be important somehow. Or maybe not. The fact I want to know more about it though? That's a good comic.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Rincewind posted:

The joke would be on us if Haley dies, too. :v:

When they said 'I love you', that was my first thought as well. But honestly we're already down two members (Roy and V MIA) and I can't think that Burlew would actually off another one in the same encounter. Would he? :(

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

So...they sneak back to the corpse, get discovered by failing a check somewhere along the line, Belkar skull-fires their way out of the hobgoblin horde, and at some point he hits Roy/Haley in a blast, but then they make a joke about how his corpse is not an "unattended object," and thus gets to use Haley's Reflex save and Evasion and manages to escape unscathed?

If this happens I will be happy.
If this does not happen I will be happy.

This comic really has me.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT

NutShellBill posted:

2) Haley has a tattoo. And you know that's going to be important somehow. Or maybe not. The fact I want to know more about it though? That's a good comic.

it could also just be a throwback to this comic: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0309.html

it's panel 9 in between "I cheat at Solitaire" and "I kissed a girl once"

of course it could be important, and I think it's a heart with an arrow as opposed to a heart with wings, but it could be a message... a SPOOOOOKY message!

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
"I have a tattoo you've never seen" if I'm not mistaken. But now we have and Elan (maybe) hasn't.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

The Wondersaurus posted:

HEY GUYS, THIS POST IS ABOUT ERFWORLD!
(as ^he^ suggested)

It's true that Parson's plan originally involved that. BUT he formulated this plan around incomplete information on the nature of the game (he learned it in the next comic, even). He assumed that Ansom had perfect knowledge of the battlefield, like himself. If Ansom had perfect knowledge, such a feint would never work, as Ansom would see the dwagons protect nothing and attack the A group.
Upon further consideration, I think you're right. The center hex is probably empty.

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

Your loyal assistant Dr. Meowgon is all over this one.

Did anyone ever go to the trouble of translating all of Haley's gibberish and making it available online somewhere?

Skeet Urchin
Jun 6, 2006

by Peatpot
yeah
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4909

this should probably go in the OP

Zoolooman
Mar 30, 2003

Occam posted:

yeah
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4909

this should probably go in the OP

Whatever it was just killed the server. What happened?

Edit: Oh, the server was just hiccuping. Yeah, that's useful. :]

Efreet saiid
Jan 29, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm happy with people talking about erfworld as long as we get to talk about how much it sucks. Also we can talk about Goblins, too. Notice how I capitalised "Goblins", but left "erfworld' in lowercase?
Yeah, that was intentional :colbert:

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

ZorbaTHut posted:

Why do you people hate me

bgaesop fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jun 21, 2007

Dystopian Rhetoric
Oct 18, 2006

ironically, the comedy arms race ...

bgaesop posted:

I guess the first one's a bit kinky, but do either of those really qualify?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

bgaesop posted:

I thought that was the skull of fear and flame. Belkar and Skull - BFF's :) :hf: :)

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Dystopian Rhetoric posted:

I guess the first one's a bit kinky, but do either of those really qualify?

I edited it so there's more. Also, since you apparently are not satisfied with those:

bgaesop fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 21, 2007

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Okay, I don't know what Rule #34 is or whatever, but I vote it never gets invoked again.

Ever.

:gonk:

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Psion posted:

Okay, I don't know what Rule #34 is or whatever, but I vote it never gets invoked again.

Ever.

I will explain in picture form:

bgaesop fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jun 21, 2007

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Why Miko and Belkar.

WHY.

Skeet Urchin
Jun 6, 2006

by Peatpot

bgaesop posted:

Also, since you apparently are not satisfied with those:

who and why

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Occam posted:

who and why

Who what and why what? Who made them? I dunno, someone on the internet. Why did I post them? Because

ZorbaTHut posted:

Why were they made? Like I said earlier, internet.

Zoolooman
Mar 30, 2003

Most of those suck, but Miko makes a fine pimp.

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma
bgaesop, you are the wind beneath my wings.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Efreet saiid posted:

I'm happy with people talking about erfworld as long as we get to talk about how much it sucks. Also we can talk about Goblins, too. Notice how I capitalised "Goblins", but left "erfworld' in lowercase?
Yeah, that was intentional :colbert:

It took me a while to start reading Goblins because I just can't stand how that guy draws goblins - they're these weird blobby alien things whereas everything else is more or less normal.

Once I got bored enough to read through the archive and get past the mandatorily lame "I didn't realize this would turn into a serious story" early gags, though, it began to grow on me and now I awaiting the next update :unsmith:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Ferrinus posted:

It took me a while to start reading Goblins because I just can't stand how that guy draws goblins - they're these weird blobby alien things whereas everything else is more or less normal.

Once I got bored enough to read through the archive and get past the mandatorily lame "I didn't realize this would turn into a serious story" early gags, though, it began to grow on me and now I awaiting the next update :unsmith:

Honestly, the comic started as a pretty good gag-a-strip webcomic, but then he hit us with comics like the one where Fumbles accidentally attacks that elvish child or any strip with the evil dwarf paladin (particularly the one where Taps and Asks die).

ZorbaTHut
May 5, 2005

wake me when the world is saved

bgaesop posted:

Thank you, I think. :v:

Ununnilium
Oct 23, 2006

An imperfect duplicate of love

bgaesop posted:

I edited it so there's more. Also, since you apparently are not satisfied with those:

Those were oddly cute!

Objective Action
Jun 10, 2007

No no no, see those are all actually kind of cute and/or funny. That is not how rule 34 works at all.

This is rule 34 :pseudo:
:nws::nms:You probably shouldn't click on this...:nms::nws:

Now which should worry me more, that it was so easy for me to find images for this, or that this was the only one I could post outside of FYAD?

Objective Action fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jun 22, 2007

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Objective Action posted:

No no no, see those are all actually kind of cute and/or funny. That is not how rule 34 works at all.

Now which should worry me more, that it was so easy for me to find images for this, or that this was the only one I could post outside of FYAD?

Don't do this to me.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Objective Action posted:

I am truly astonished that I did not manage to find that. I salute you, good sir. How did you go about getting it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volga Boatman
Sep 22, 2006

By striving to do the impossible, man has always achieved what is possible

bgaesop posted:

*sheesh*
What makes those so good is that they managed to make them without mentioning Vaarsuvius's gender.
I'm rooting for guy, personally. :sigh: