Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 minutes!
Is anyone keep track of how often the comics really get updated? Because it ain't M/W/F.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

Is anyone keep track of how often the comics really get updated? Because it ain't M/W/F.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Uh-oh. Where's Roy?

BondageHoudini
Jul 12, 2006

this debate lacks any sexual intrigue so I am not even paying attention
Oh man, killer World of Darkness joke there.

Jeet
Jul 12, 2001

green leaf salad posted:

does this mean that we are finaly going to see what the thing in darkness is?

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Jeet posted:

Yep. It's a ...... ... . .. ... . .... ......

Gassire
Dec 30, 2004

"They're people. Deeply flawed, yes, but deeply human too. And maybe that's saying the same thing."
I'm glad O'Chul survived the explosion.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Is there anyway to fix him or is he a nice statue untill, I dunno, he dies of thirst?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Gally posted:

Is there anyway to fix him or is he a nice statue untill, I dunno, he dies of thirst?
Remove Paralysis or Remove Curse would return him to normal.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Gally posted:

I assume a cleric can remove curse or dispel or something of that nature. If I had my players guide handy I could look up the spell that got used.

Kramer
Aug 31, 2001

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked in the head with an iron boot?

Gally posted:

Remove paralysis (2nd level cleric / paladin) or remove curse (3rd level cleric / bard, 4th level wizard) should fix him.

Durkon would definitely be able to fix him, Hinjo is probably high enough level to fix him, Lein might be high enough level, and there's even an off chance that Elan might have learned remove curse at some point. Should (s)he show up, V is of high enough level, the only question is if (s)he knows the spell.

Hell, if he weren't paralyzed, O'Chul himself could almost certainly cast Remove paralysis.

So yeah, O'Chul can be unparalyzed. Most likely as soon as it would be funny / dramatic.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Thanks guys, I didn't know if the Lich paralysis had special rules about it.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Johnny Aztec posted:

I assume a cleric can remove curse or dispel or something of that nature. If I had my players guide handy I could look up the spell that got used.

http://www.d20srd.org/

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Gally posted:

Thanks guys, I didn't know if the Lich paralysis had special rules about it.

quote:

Paralyzing Touch (Su): Any living creature a lich hits with its touch attack must succeed on a Fortitude save or be permanently paralyzed. Remove paralysis or any spell that can remove a curse can free the victim (see the bestow curse spell description, page 203 of the Player's Handbook). The effect cannot be dispelled. Anyone paralyzed by a lich seems dead, though a DC 20 Spot check or a DC 15 Heal check reveals that the victim is still alive..[/i]

Right from the Monster Manual (including the typo with 2 periods). So no dispelling, but you can use Break Enchantment, Limited Wish, Miracle, Remove Curse or Wish.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Out of curiosity, is there a way to reverse vampirism?

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Wish and Miracle will for sure do it, but they'll for sure do most things. There are other ways but they're typically GM or Campaign Setting specific.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Halloween Jack posted:

Out of curiosity, is there a way to reverse vampirism?
If you killed the vampire and casted Resurrection on his corpse it should work (assuming that he wanted to come back).

green leaf salad posted:

I initially missed that one, but yes it was pretty good. :)

Stopgap
May 26, 2003

That's MISTER Freeze to you!
Looks like Belkar finally put some ranks in Survival.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0213.html

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

Factor_VIII posted:

If you killed the vampire and casted Resurrection on his corpse it should work (assuming that he wanted to come back).

I think Vampires turn to ash when they die, though.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

TheBalor posted:

I think Vampires turn to ash when they die, though.

" The condition of the remains is not a factor. So long as some small portion of the creature’s body still exists, it can be resurrected, but the portion receiving the spell must have been part of the creature’s body at the time of death. (The remains of a creature hit by a disintegrate spell count as a small portion of its body.)"

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Factor_VIII posted:

As far as I know, once you're turned undead, you can't be Raised. Resurrection might work, and I'd sure as hell allow True Resurrection.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
The way I ruled it is that when someone gets undeadified, their soul is captured or held in a sort of stasis, and what's running their body is basically an evilfied version of their personality, like a corrupted copy of a file. Killing the undead releases the soul so the original person can be raised.

But Idunno how it works according to official rules.

Edit: :doh: True Resurrections specifically says that it can revive someone who's been turned undead and then destroyed.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jul 12, 2007

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

ConfusedUs posted:

As far as I know, once you're turned undead, you can't be Raised. Resurrection might work, and I'd sure as hell allow True Resurrection.

You're correct about Raise Dead. Resurrection works on unundead corpses, as long as they didn't die of old age.

LuchadoresDelNixon
Feb 7, 2007

Moonbase Alpha provides a realistic simulation of life on a natural satellite

Jeet posted:

Possibly, but
that's not what he was referring to.

D10's Ahoy!

evilsake
Oct 25, 2004

by Fragmaster
I like how the thing in the darkness is holding out a plate, but it's just hovering there. You don't even get to see its hand, that's how stingy Burlew is!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation

LuchadoresDelNixon posted:

Possibly, but
that's not what he was referring to.

D10's Ahoy!

It took me awhile to get it. I was like "but he'll be switching from d10s to d12s..."

Vomax
Oct 12, 2005

?
I just this second got the joke. :downs:

It's a good one, though.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I don't get it.

MartialHeart
Oct 11, 2005

greatn posted:

I don't get it.

I believe Vampire is played on a d10 system rather than a d20. Or at least I hope that is the joke.

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

But you are a person, and I can't say I'm awfully fond of that.
That is, indeed, the joke. The whole World of Darkness system only requires d10s to play.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

TheFuzzyLumpkin posted:

That is, indeed, the joke. The whole World of Darkness system only requires d10s to play.

Only being a kind word for it.

For those unaware, instead of being like d20 system where you roll a die and add stat-based modifiers to your final total, in the World of Darkness system you roll a die for every point in the stats relevant to the task at hand (most of which go to 5, so you're on-average rolling 4-7 dice per action), and a number of them have to exceed a target number (or a set number, depending on edition of the game).

So yeah, to completely overanalyze the joke to death, a flat d20->d10 conversion would be messy and involve craptons of dice.

Aaaanyway...if Belkar made a suit out of Roy's corpse, would that circumvent the "mile away" provision on his Mark?

He is evil after all.

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma

Choke Babies Now posted:

Aaaanyway...if Belkar made a suit out of Roy's corpse, would that circumvent the "mile away" provision on his Mark?
Doctor Doom already tried that. Plus which, maybe only a "significant portion" of Roy's body would be necessary. Perhaps Belkar could make a hat out of Roy's skull; or a truss from his pelvis, maybe.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

SuperKlaus posted:

I think you're reading too much into it.

Or maybe I just have a huge undying boner for the Dark Sun setting.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Robot Bastard posted:

Doctor Doom already tried that.

Roy is...Belkar's one true love? :gonk:

As for the "significant portion" provision...cannibalism, could that work too?

Oh, for the day when Belkar's path intersects with the BoVD.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Choke Babies Now posted:

Oh, for the day when Belkar's path intersects with the BoVD.

He's obviously a Jerren, ignorant of his true heritage.

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma

Choke Babies Now posted:

As for the "significant portion" provision...cannibalism, could that work too?
Only until the digestive process takes effect. After that point, Belkar would have to carry a turd around in a little bag, or perhaps he could make a Roy Greenhilt Phylactery, sort of a mirror of the way Xykon operates only with poo.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Where is the cleric when you need him?

And, I never did find out the rules about putting a body, either paralyzed or dead, in a bag of holding. Because how else are they going to get them out of there after they deal with the Sunshade menace and his tea party?

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

PeterWeller posted:

Or maybe I just have a huge undying boner for the Dark Sun setting.

This and the talk about Belkar wearing skin-suits reminds me of those psycho halflings in Baldur's Gate II that were supposed to be from Dark Sun. Is that what a Jerren is?

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

SuperKlaus posted:

This and the talk about Belkar wearing skin-suits reminds me of those psycho halflings in Baldur's Gate II that were supposed to be from Dark Sun. Is that what a Jerren is?

This is Belkar we're talking about.

He was probably the archetype for the little bastards, and I wouldn't be surprised if other games took the 'psycho midget' idea and ran with it.

I wonder if that magical skull he was toting around for half the battle had diamond eyes? Could they use those for the resurrect spell? [Sorry if my rules are rusty, but you need Diamond Dust as a component, right?]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

J.A.B.C. posted:

And, I never did find out the rules about putting a body, either paralyzed or dead, in a bag of holding. Because how else are they going to get them out of there after they deal with the Sunshade menace and his tea party?
You can put it in normally, but I think there's air in there for 10 minutes. Since Roy doesn't need to breathe, this isn't a problem for him.

SuperKlaus posted:

Not quite. The Jerren are evil cannibalistic halflings that were described in the Book of Vile Darkness. The halfings from Dark Sun aren't cannibals and they actually refuse to kill other halflings. However they are carnivores and view anything other than members of their own race as a source of food. This means they are perfectly happy to hunt, kill and eat humans, dwarves, elves etc.