Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Minges posted:

There's a song that I've heard is by Joe Strummer, but I can't find the name of it anywhere. It's mostly instrumental, although it repeats a yelled "Hey You!" every so often. It's ska-ish, of course, and super bouncy and happy. A friend gave it to me on a mix and it was titled as a WWE wrestler's entrance music (Brian Kendrick), but I'd rather not label it as such. Any clues? I've tried Googling a lot of times, but I think I just don't know where to look.

I would love to know this as well, if anyone can help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Danzig
Mar 1, 2007

VolumeOverTalent posted:

I would love to know this as well, if anyone can help.

Wikipedia says it's an original WWE composition called "Hey You". There's no mention of Joe Strummer anywhere, and I find it quite hard to believe that the Clash's vocalist would record a theme song for the WWE -- it's definitely not a Clash song either.

So, this is probably not the answer you were hoping for, but there you go. It seems to me to be a song recorded by studio musicians "in the style of" The Clash, nothing more, nothing less.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

La vierge Marie vous regarde.

Lil Danzig posted:

So, uh, does anybody ever thank anyone in these threads or is it just a 'wham-bam-thank you ma'am' kind of thing? I'm beginning to feel pretty unappreciated. :smith:

I don't know, I've been thanked several times.

But thank you for the people who haven't said it. :unsmith:

Lil Danzig
Mar 1, 2007

Sweetwater Kill posted:

I don't know, I've been thanked several times.

But thank you for the people who haven't said it. :unsmith:

Aww, that renews my will to track down vapid pop music for internet strangers.

Really, it does. :unsmith:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Okay, not a song but a youtube video. There's a rapper who just raps off whatever people in the crowd hold up. He goes for like seven minutes and it's absolutely sick. He even corrects himself when he gets a flag wrong.

Minges
May 4, 2006
'Cause everybody hates a tourist

Lil Danzig posted:

Wikipedia says it's an original WWE composition called "Hey You". There's no mention of Joe Strummer anywhere, and I find it quite hard to believe that the Clash's vocalist would record a theme song for the WWE -- it's definitely not a Clash song either.

So, this is probably not the answer you were hoping for, but there you go. It seems to me to be a song recorded by studio musicians "in the style of" The Clash, nothing more, nothing less.

Man, I was hoping I could put it on mixes and have something cool to write on the playlist. Ah, well.

Thank you!

Cola
Sep 3, 2006

Lil Danzig posted:

So, uh, does anybody ever thank anyone in these threads or is it just a 'wham-bam-thank you ma'am' kind of thing? I'm beginning to feel pretty unappreciated. :smith:

I just came back. >_> Thanks, right song and it's quite good.

Thanks also VolumeOverTalent, it wasn't the one but it's a fun song.

Paper Sunglasses
May 6, 2007
Is By the Lamp
Can someone help me, im looking for an upbeat techno song that starts kinda slow then someone says "Oh im sorry i had the turn tables at the wrong speed, lets try that again" or something like that. Thank you!

OhToaster
Jul 7, 2006
[color="red"]I REALIZED

Paper Sunglasses posted:

Can someone help me, im looking for an upbeat techno song that starts kinda slow then someone says "Oh im sorry i had the turn tables at the wrong speed, lets try that again" or something like that. Thank you!

DJ Cammy- Celebrate the Summer
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nX05m8RP9V0

STEVIE B 4EVA
Nov 13, 2005

girl in the slayer jacket            i am searching for you

merAch posted:

I have no idea who this is as I don't keep up with the "QQ" music scene. Any help?

http://home.comcast.net/~merach/dm_winner11.mp3

A quick google search of the lyrics provides "Fully Alive" by Flyleaf.

merAch
Oct 16, 2004

Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous.
How the hell could you tell the lyrics? The only word I could makeout was love life.

merAch fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jul 15, 2007

AndItsAllGone
Oct 8, 2003

weekly font posted:

Okay, not a song but a youtube video. There's a rapper who just raps off whatever people in the crowd hold up. He goes for like seven minutes and it's absolutely sick. He even corrects himself when he gets a flag wrong.

That would be Supernatural, as seen here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=I53jUHPeeGw

Paper Sunglasses
May 6, 2007
Is By the Lamp

OhToaster posted:

DJ Cammy- Celebrate the Summer
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nX05m8RP9V0

That is the right sample with the "Oh im sorry i had the turn tables at the wrong speed" but its not that song, and its with a different DJ and those are the only lyrics in the song. Thanks for your help though

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Two songs here.

First song is fairly recent, named something to do with wolves. The video had claymation wolves, and also the words were displayed after people talked like in silent films

Second song is from a few years back, and the chorus goes something like this.

"A doddy doddy doddy doddy doddy, down down down. A doddy doddy doddy doddy doddy down down."

It also mentions (I think) something about "She only loves me when I'm gone." Was a grunge-ish song if I remember correctly.

Dong Rickles
Jun 16, 2007
T-R-A-P-S-T-R

Death Bot posted:

Two songs here.

First song is fairly recent, named something to do with wolves. The video had claymation wolves, and also the words were displayed after people talked like in silent films

Second song is from a few years back, and the chorus goes something like this.

"A doddy doddy doddy doddy doddy, down down down. A doddy doddy doddy doddy doddy down down."

It also mentions (I think) something about "She only loves me when I'm gone." Was a grunge-ish song if I remember correctly.

The first one is "Wolf Like Me" by TV on the Radio

the others I have no clue

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

AndItsAllGone posted:

That would be Supernatural, as seen here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=I53jUHPeeGw
Holy loving poo poo he's tight. :eek:

Computer Opponent
Nov 29, 2002

Nothing's gonna ever keep ya down!
i've got one. i heard it YEARS ago on the radio and it's the only song that i've never been able to identify.

it had an upbeat kind of indie sound to it, and at first i was SURE that it was by sloan going by how it sounded. i don't remember any specific lyrics, but it was about a boy and a girl in love, and in the last verse they get shot, and they're bleeding out on a sidewalk looking into each other's eyes.

one night i sat and went through the lyrics to EVERY SINGLE sloan song, and couldn't find anything like it. it's been my white whale. i'm beginning to think it's a dream i had.

Water Cucumber
Mar 16, 2007

Feelin' so good!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_P4gcTl2GU

Specifically around 3:36ish?

Lil Danzig
Mar 1, 2007

Xomness posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_P4gcTl2GU

Specifically around 3:36ish?

gently caress, I know that drum break for sure but it just won't come to me for some reason. For what it's worth, the organ is definitely a B-3 and I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a tune by the Incredible Bongo Band, since the recording and the sound of the instruments sounds like it could be from the same record as "Apache". But who knows.

kuppoppo
Jul 2, 2007
edit: found it!

kuppoppo fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jul 17, 2007

Lediur
Jul 16, 2007
The alternative to anything is nothing.
Can anyone tell me the name of the song that was used in SiCKO when Moore was in France, the one that had singing in it.

Also, if anyone could tell me what the song used in the credits of V for Vendetta, it would be much appreciated. Something about a revolution, as it was also used in SiCKO around the part about the government being afraid of the people.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lediur posted:

Can anyone tell me the name of the song that was used in SiCKO when Moore was in France, the one that had singing in it.

Also, if anyone could tell me what the song used in the credits of V for Vendetta, it would be much appreciated. Something about a revolution, as it was also used in SiCKO around the part about the government being afraid of the people.
The song that's in both V for Vendetta and SiCKO is "Street Fighting Man" by the Rolling Stones. It's a classic!

Dr. Coffee
Apr 2, 2007

I asked somewhere else but I'll see if I strike gold here.

The scene is in Kill Bill vol. II when she is fighting Pai Mei for the first time. They kind of circle each other for a bit than this sweet loving bad rear end disco tune comes in.

WHAT...is the name of that tune?

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease

Dr. Coffee posted:

I asked somewhere else but I'll see if I strike gold here.

The scene is in Kill Bill vol. II when she is fighting Pai Mei for the first time. They kind of circle each other for a bit than this sweet loving bad rear end disco tune comes in.

WHAT...is the name of that tune?

"Three Tough Guys"(Title Theme) - Isaac Hayes

deadend
Oct 1, 2005
Will somebody be so generous as to inform me of the song on this ytmnd: http://batmanvsshark.ytmnd.com/

I remember I used to have this on mp3 a few years ago, I think it was from a movie/soundtrack of some sorts.

Thanks in advance.

zipperface
Jul 2, 2003
Hentai Stunt Tentacle
About 5-6 years ago I downloaded a cover of Hanson's Mmmbop by some metal/death metal/black metal band which was extremely awesome. I have since lost it due to a hard drive crash some years ago. Ever since I've been trying to find it again but I have had no luck. If I recall correctly it may have been during a live concert, but it's been a while.

Hopefully someone who reads this knows what I'm talking about because I'd love to re-acquire it.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

La vierge Marie vous regarde.

fucnluc posted:

Will somebody be so generous as to inform me of the song on this ytmnd: http://batmanvsshark.ytmnd.com/

I remember I used to have this on mp3 a few years ago, I think it was from a movie/soundtrack of some sorts.

Thanks in advance.

The comments on it lead to "The Escape" by Craig Armstrong.

deadend
Oct 1, 2005

Sweetwater Kill posted:

The comments on it lead to "The Escape" by Craig Armstrong.

Thanks. I suck at the internet. I never even knew there were comment pages for that site, probably the second time I've visted it. Good to know.

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar
An old gf made me this mix cd, and I only could identify a few of the songs.

There was a cover of "Total Eclipse of the Heart" on it. This version is sung by a guy, and the tempo is slow and the instruments are minimalist stuff (sorta subtle electronicish piano and synth?). Also, the song is like 9 minutes long.

Anyone know of this song?

Dr. Coffee
Apr 2, 2007

jeff8472 posted:

"Three Tough Guys"(Title Theme) - Isaac Hayes

I love you.

40 oz to fame
May 29, 2001

Kramdar posted:

An old gf made me this mix cd, and I only could identify a few of the songs.

There was a cover of "Total Eclipse of the Heart" on it. This version is sung by a guy, and the tempo is slow and the instruments are minimalist stuff (sorta subtle electronicish piano and synth?). Also, the song is like 9 minutes long.

Anyone know of this song?
I think that might be the Beta Band, the song is called "The Hard One" and it's only partially a cover of "Total Eclipse of the Heart".

jobehaix
Feb 16, 2004

A turtle? Yes, a turtle.
You guys might remember this "song." Basically, a bunch of guys recorded their friend playing Counter-Strike. Then, they took what he said, remixed it, and added in some beats and everything. He cussed a LOT.

Anyone have that?

Gargield
Aug 15, 2006

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Yesterday I heard a song on the radio, but I don't remember anything about it except that:

1) It was alternative if anything, though that's kind of vague
2) There were two singers, a guy and a girl
3) The guy sounded exactly like Stewie Griffin

Anyone have any idea what this is?

Skint
Jul 3, 2005
Looking for a song (well, a music video really) I saw on some Channel 4 (UK) programmme a few months ago. Video was sort of schematic diagrams a lot like Royksopp - 'Remind Me':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-v8WHF4XEI

Difference being about two people who meet, become a couple and break up.

Can anyone help?

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

I saw the video of the song I'm looking for a while back. In it the children are dressing up to go outside and they have to put gas masks on. Once they get outside there is ash falling from the sky and the children are playing around in it. The video ends with one of the girls taking off her mask and falling to the ground. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

e: Found thanks to Pablo Gigante.

punch drunk fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jul 20, 2007

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Jaros posted:

I saw the video of the song I'm looking for a while back. In it the children are dressing up to go outside and they have to put gas masks on. Once they get outside there is ash falling from the sky and the children are playing around in it. The video ends with one of the girls taking off her mask and falling to the ground. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Is there any chance that it's 'Welcome To The Black Parade' by My Chemical Romance? I remember that video being a bit like that.

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

VolumeOverTalent posted:

Is there any chance that it's 'Welcome To The Black Parade' by My Chemical Romance? I remember that video being a bit like that.

No, thats not it. If I remember correctly its in a different language, icelandic possibly?

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
On Youtube, I found a trance video (was linked from another trance video) in which there's purely vocal lyrics. Some children are playing and start following the sound. They find the woman singing the song, only to find that it's a hologram belonging to some guy at a factory. They look sad and go back home, but at the end it shows that the city they walked from is a smoldering wasteland (apparently burned in a chemical attack). Many thanks to whoever knows what video this is.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Jaros posted:

No, thats not it. If I remember correctly its in a different language, icelandic possibly?
This is Untitled #1 (Vaka) by Sigur Ros

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0AZIFmkogY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

Pablo Gigante posted:

This is Untitled #1 (Vaka) by Sigur Ros

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0AZIFmkogY

Thanks so much for this.