Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Unexpected but fun things happening in real life which, together with work, leave me very little time. Tomorrow I should be able to post sufficiently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

Replacing the drive seems to have done it! I'm back in action.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Great news!

I should be back on a human schedule by Monday the 30th! Only one more week of crappy hours! Thank God!

Lights, until then, expect sporadic posting. I'll do my best, and can probably post at least once a day, but if I get completely wiped out I might skip an evening.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Then after that your office goes into full zombie apocalypse mode.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.
I will be out of town tomorrow (25th) and the weekend (27th-29th).

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
For the first time ever, my job is involving actual work. Surprisingly, this has reduced my ability to post with excessive frequency. Also it's Tisha B'Av.

Happy Tisha B'Av, everyone!

Hopefully life will be back to normal and I can go back to being a slacker soon.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

I'm back from my vacation to the land of fried green tomatoes, shrimp and grits, and pulled pork. Should be posting regularly, although there might be some small delays over the weekend when I move to a new apartment and get internet there set up.

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.
Being sick for two weeks has left me badly backlogged at work, and I've been given a hard deadline of next Tuesday for a big project.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

ARGH. I need to post in BO before I fall behind again. Will try to post later, had a post done last night but lost it to dead internet. Almost got the same with ADOM. Need to refigure Laura's shiny new powers.

Soon soon soon. Will have net at home and no more crap like this. Gotta run now, billion things to do today. :(

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
Man, so many of my players are going down I am just going to mash all my remaining games into one big game.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.
I think I would enjoy playing a arrow-shooting supernerd Thing-ripoff.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

So I thought my problems were over. Nope. Looks like my SATA controller is toast. Posting will be delayed.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Okay, getting back on the horse, but already giving a headsup for the next vanishing act. Thursday to sunday, I'll be off hitting other people with padded swords and attending Hyrule weddings.

Back monday. No other outings planned this summer, except potentially moving.

Eronarn
May 15, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
so tiredddddd :cry:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Winson_Paine posted:

Man, so many of my players are going down I am just going to mash all my remaining games into one big game.

i swear to god the almigty if you kill off BO2 or Laura i will murder you through your DREAMS because I have worked my patookie to death trying to keep up and do well in it after all the time spent waffling over it :mad:

Of Tangible Words
Jul 30, 2006
I'm really ill: every time I eat my body temperature immediately shoots up into a fever and I begin sweating, I feel tired, light-headed and shakey.

Unfortunately my work is pushing me to excel around about now and I can't afford to be off.

So I'm having to physically burn myself out in the hopes of meeting expectations and not collapsing into bed.

I'll post tomorrow some time, assuming I hit all my deadlines.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
I got all four of my wisdom teeth extracted yesterday. It was a straight-forward, simple extraction, and the wounds are healing well. Unfortunately, yesterday was also the day my wireless router was apparently fried by a lightening storm. I felt pretty good today, so I came by the library to post in my games and this thread. If I keep healing at this rate, it shouldn't be a problem for me to go down to the library, but they do have me on narcotics, and my family has a history of sensitivity. Posting should be normal, but I can't promise anything.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

I feel ill. Expect no posts.

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

My comp has been out of commission, and may be for the next week or so.

Sorry if this holds up any games I'm in.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

i have worked all day and my brain is about to explode with the sinus infection from Hell

(i.e. posts for ADOM and BO tomorrow morning, with Laura's upgrades and DEATH victory for ADOMers)

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
I have a big interview tomorrow (Thursday), and have to get application materials together for another interview in the evening. Then Friday is my Birthday, and I've got an Engagement party on Sunday, so this weekend ought to be interesting. I'm going to update everything tomorrow and Friday, but this weekend, don't count on anything.

Also, I'll be moving on the weekend of August 11th, and I'm not 100% sure if I'll have Internet immediately upon moving in. I'm trying to arrange something, but we'll see.

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
I found out today that my dismissal was upheld, and now my girlfriend has fallen extremely ill. Overall, not a contender for the high point of my summer. Posts coming some time within the next 24 hours.

EDIT: This thread has been popping, lately, I've noticed.

Hammer of Loki
Nov 29, 2005

Now get me some nails
I spent a good part of the day running errands and watching bad movies with my friends. I'm quite tired, which is why I didn't post much today and not for a little while longer while I get some sleep. Thanks for keeping me in your games everybody!

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Aeolius posted:

I found out today that my dismissal was upheld, and now my girlfriend has fallen extremely ill. Overall, not a contender for the high point of my summer. Posts coming some time within the next 24 hours.

EDIT: This thread has been popping, lately, I've noticed.

At some point it stopped being for vacations and family emergencies and whatnot and is now more or less for calling off work for the day.

I am feeling better, by the by. Expect posting later today.

Of Tangible Words
Jul 30, 2006
I just got back from a corporate event and I'm exhausted. Give me twelve hours and I'll be back to flirting with Jedi425's character regular posting schedule.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
Over the next four days I'm running a 10 hour SWRPG game, packing for a move, and working 15 hours a day. I'm going to do my best to post, but honestly I might not be able to. If this bothers you, please talk to Winson about it, as he is taking the place of my normal "gently caress YOU" representative.

Dulcissime
Nov 17, 2004

by mons all madden
I've been ill the last few days and it has affected my posting. My apologies to those whose games I have hosed with. I'll hopefully get my poo poo together this weekend.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Getting ready to move and various other lovely things. Posting will drop in quantity for a while, especially while my internet is in flux.

MagicHateBall
Dec 11, 2002

Humans were drinking alcohol five thousand years ago, and they're still drinking it now. Alcohol is humanity's friend.

Can I abandon a friend?
Unlike everyone else, I am just chillin' with my friends Ath and Blondrobin this weekend and will be unable to post on account of being out and about with them or drunk off my rear end or potentially both.

We will have enough fun for the rest of you sad, sad people though!

bobthenameless
Jun 20, 2005

Getting ready to move like a lot of other people. I'll be checking and updating, but it may be spotty until August 11th.

Moving poo poo to storage starting today until it gets finished (no internet except for library/hotspots), then a week spending time with some people who don't have internet currently, and then moving in the 11th to a place with internet.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

etc etc posting status whenever i feel like it

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
Hugely hammered with an emergency project today, I might not get to posting till far later on. Dodecahedron make your sheet foo there's still a spot for you.

ItalicSquirrels
Feb 15, 2007

What?
I'm heading out to see some family August 2nd through the 5th. Judging by how often my squadmates post, this shouldn't really affect anything, but just a heads up.

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.
Well, things have hit the fan at work, and I am in a tiny conference room with other programmers for the next several days through possibly september. War room development is unpleasant, and it will mean little if any posting during work and exhaustion after.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
Tomorrow, I'm heading out west to visit my parents until the 9th. I'll be posting fine once I'm there, but tomorrow and the 9th will be travel days, so don't be surprised if I miss a 24-hour period therein.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Was in the hospital with a severe sinus infection, sorry I vanished, posting starting again in an hour here. :(

EDIT: More details while I post, I suppose. The infection is gone, so no more worries there, I was just in exquisite agony for a few days while my eye swelled up like a tire and unspeakable liquids exploded inside of my sinus.

For internet at home, the drat MAILMAN has still not delivered our wireless setup kit. We have no idea if the company has not sent it yet, or if the post office has it, or WHAT, but I'm calling again tomorrow and ranting till I'm purple in the panties. I am rather sick of only being able to post once every few days! At least it's given me a lot of time to putter over game notes and such.

Black August fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jul 31, 2007

PorkPieHat
Apr 7, 2007

Just finished a hell of a busy 12 hour shift. Don't expect any substantial posts until I've slept some.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
My pc is hosed, down to my laptop, lost all of my data and all of my work, upset am I.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
OK so here is how it is

I may be scant posting tomorrow and Thurday and I will be completely gone all of Friday and at least until Saturday night, maybe even Sunday night, due to a large move. Apologies and pleas for patience in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Okay, so the good news is I've moved into my new place. The bad news is that I can't get internet hooked up until next Wednesday at the earliest.

I'll try to post on a semi-regular basis, but my games will definitely move more slowly. GMs, feel free to NPC me if you have to. Just don't kill me :smith: