Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ufirvwo
Jan 7, 2005

It's not the phone. It's the ghost behind the phone.
Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me find this song.

I heard it on gbsfm a few nights ago. It was kind of techno-ish and there was a sort of robot voice singing about being in a relationship and how someone wouldn't pay any bills. I've tried googling but I can't find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaws
Aug 11, 2005

stratdax posted:

Alright, I've got one that's been bugging me for a long time.
It's Redman and Methodman. The beat is closer to techno, than it is to rap. If it wasn't for them two, it would definitely be an electronica song. It's about 6 or so minutes long. I heard it at least 5 years ago, maybe 6 years ago. I don't know how much older the song is than that though.
Thanks to anybody who can help me out.

When I was at a party a good 3 or 4 years ago, the Dj threw on some techno remix of either "How High" or "How High Part II", I can't remember. Maybe it was that.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

TVC 15 posted:

I was fooling around listening to AM radio one night and I heard a cover of the Beatles' "The Fool On The Hill," only it was very 50's, and from what I recall, doo-wop-y, with women singing.

Thanks if anyone knows what I'm talking about!
Could be the Shirley Bassey version?

Kleinsasser Youth
Feb 23, 2004

TVC 15 posted:

I was fooling around listening to AM radio one night and I heard a cover of the Beatles' "The Fool On The Hill," only it was very 50's, and from what I recall, doo-wop-y, with women singing.

Thanks if anyone knows what I'm talking about!

Sergio Mendes and Brasil 66, perhaps?

Syncopator
Jul 21, 2006

by Ozma

UGAmazing posted:

Is it Punkrocker by the TeddyBears by any chance? This song was in a Cadillac commercial and had the line "See me driving down the street" etc. Just a wild guess.
It is, and I first recognized it by its similarity to the superior remake titled "Hiphopper"; also, stratdax, could what you heard possibly have been the Roni Size remix of "Judgment Day"? (Then again, Redman wasn't involved at all...)

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Syncopator posted:

It is, and I first recognized it by its similarity to the superior remake titled "Hiphopper"; also, stratdax, could what you heard possibly have been the Roni Size remix of "Judgment Day"? (Then again, Redman wasn't involved at all...)

Kaws posted:

When I was at a party a good 3 or 4 years ago, the Dj threw on some techno remix of either "How High" or "How High Part II", I can't remember. Maybe it was that.

VolumeOverTalent posted:

The only one I can think right now of is 'The Rockwilder'... but that's nowhere near six minutes. Maybe you heard a remix of one of their tracks or something?

Sorry guys, it wasn't any of these. Thanks for trying to help me out though. Even if it was some remix, I would still recognize the lyrics of the original. Thanks again!

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

So don't. Stay here with me.
What's the name of the song Leo's listening to in this video? (starts at 1:40) Thanks in advance!

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

I know I'm being pretty vague, but when I was in Venice a few weeks ago, I was in a McDonalds and I heard on an Italian radio station this song that was acoustical guitars had the pattern of two repeating notes and then two more repeating notes at a different pitch

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Like a hundred crippled horses lying crumpled on the ground

Begging for a rifle to come and put them down
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqIg2mTgvso

What Skinny Puppy/Rob Zombie song is this?

Tingles
Jul 26, 2006

Disharmony posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqIg2mTgvso

What Skinny Puppy/Rob Zombie song is this?

Rob Zombie's "I'm Your Boogieman"

Captain Frigate
Apr 30, 2007

you cant have it, you dont have nuff teef to chew it
I need a twofer. I'm looking for that song with the lyrics "I wear my sunglasses at night". It's been bothering me for some time.

The other one has the lyrics "and then suddenly you're breathing underwater and you feel so honored to be here and so alive" and something like "...velvety underground of beauty and serenity".

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows these.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Captain Frigate posted:

I need a twofer. I'm looking for that song with the lyrics "I wear my sunglasses at night". It's been bothering me for some time.

Corey Heart - Sunglasses At Night

metallic
Oct 31, 2004
insert obligatory family guy image here.
Hey I'm looking for the name of a classic rock song.

Its a decently well known song since I infrequently hear it on the radio (Canadian classic rock station).

When I heard it on the radio I thought I heard the DJ mention it was an April Wine song so I went and checked out their discography....alas I could not find it.

HOWEVER, the first part of the main riff is almost identical to the riff from April Wine's "Work All Day" off "On Record". The guitar has the same tone (crunchy hard rock) and the rhythm is the same, but instead of doing what Work All Day's riff does after the pounding lower notes, it has a little hammer-on/off higher up in pitch and then repeats. I know this riff is repeated many times in the bridge near the end of the song. Thoughts?

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

I'm looking for the name of a song which is reasonably recent (at most 5 years old). It's purely instrumental, or at the very least mostly, bar possibly beginning with someone saying something like 'this is the sound of the 60s'. The music video involved men on suits dancing and flying round an office, and if you're in the UK the BBC newsreaders parodied it one year on either Children in Need or Red Nose Day.

Thanks.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

This may not be enough to figure out the song but my girlfriend heard a song on the radio today and wants to figure out what it was. She likened it to Third Eye Blind, specifically "Jumper" and the only parts she remember are something along the lines of...

"fantasy"

"I'll tell you what you've got"

"You've really got a way with me"

Anyone know what this might be?

Captain Frigate
Apr 30, 2007

stratdax posted:

Corey Heart - Sunglasses At Night

Thanks, any idea about the second one?

lloyol
Jun 23, 2005

NARFZ
the first two songs in this breakdancing battle:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ayPH99xQ_c8

Thanks in advance

Dr. Citan Uzuki
Jan 26, 2006

I would never tell you anything that wasn't absolutely true that hadn't come right from His mouth and He wants me to tell you
I'm trying to find a song that samples Eric B. & Rakim's Paid In Full. I'm thinking a 90's pop song. I've googled and can't for the life of me figure it out. :mad:

Retroboy
Jul 12, 2006

Better a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Jonnty posted:

I'm looking for the name of a song which is reasonably recent (at most 5 years old). It's purely instrumental, or at the very least mostly, bar possibly beginning with someone saying something like 'this is the sound of the 60s'. The music video involved men on suits dancing and flying round an office, and if you're in the UK the BBC newsreaders parodied it one year on either Children in Need or Red Nose Day.

Thanks.

The description of the video sounds like Fatboy Slim - Weapon Of Choice. Stars Christopher Walken dancing and flying about an office. Dunno if the beeb ever parodied it though.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

Woo WOO, Look a Parrot...
LOOK AT IT!
There is a hardcore electronic (darkcore/gabber etc) track which samples "Drowning Pool - Let the Bodies Hit the Floor". I can't for the life of me remember who does it, and its been driving me nuts trying to remember for the past 6 months. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Never Mind, figured it out (I actually had it on my computer this whole time) for those who were wondering it was [Meccano Twins - Under Destruction]

Ophidian fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Aug 3, 2007

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

Dr. Citan Uzuki posted:

I'm trying to find a song that samples Eric B. & Rakim's Paid In Full. I'm thinking a 90's pop song. I've googled and can't for the life of me figure it out. :mad:

If you mean it samples the beat I have a couple guesses

PM Dawn - Set Adrift on Memory Bliss
EMF - Unbelievable

I don't know if either one actually uses a sample but they sound very very close.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

Retroboy posted:

The description of the video sounds like Fatboy Slim - Weapon Of Choice. Stars Christopher Walken dancing and flying about an office. Dunno if the beeb ever parodied it though.

Sounds right. I'll just check.

EDIT: Thanks!

Jonnty fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Aug 3, 2007

Stonelegs
Apr 15, 2003

I'll have a coke...
The GBS hobo thread got me thinking. I passed by a homeless guy in a chair in O'Hare Airport that was singing some new wave song from the 80s. I remember really liking that song, but thinking back the only words I can remember are "like a child". It was a slower ballad type song that reminded me of Morrissey.

Edit: It all came rushing back to me. Joe Jackson - Stepping Out

Stonelegs fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Aug 4, 2007

Syncopator
Jul 21, 2006

by Ozma

Jonnty posted:

Sounds right. I'll just check.

EDIT: Thanks!
You should know that that track is actually 7 years old.

Computer Opponent
Nov 29, 2002

Nothing's gonna ever keep ya down!

Computer Opponent posted:

i've got one. i heard it YEARS ago on the radio and it's the only song that i've never been able to identify.

it had an upbeat kind of indie sound to it, and at first i was SURE that it was by sloan going by how it sounded. i don't remember any specific lyrics, but it was about a boy and a girl in love, and in the last verse they get shot, and they're bleeding out on a sidewalk looking into each other's eyes.

one night i sat and went through the lyrics to EVERY SINGLE sloan song, and couldn't find anything like it. it's been my white whale. i'm beginning to think it's a dream i had.

anybody have any ideas on this one?

snoot
Jun 8, 2006

danger lurks everywhere
I'm trying to figure out who did a track from the late 80s.

It was a pretty big hit, kind of funk/rap. "Fire" (or higher?) is a prominent lyric and is sung really long in a high voice, then there's a part that goes "Let's go round again" or maybe "Let's go down again". That's repeated 3 times.

It has that "Paid in Full" kind of vibe. Three of us were trying to figure it out last night at a party and we all knew how it went so it's a well known song.

Beaver Patrol
Sep 25, 2005
I'm wondering what song is playing during this video. Sorry, I don't have anything else to go on for it.

Syncopator
Jul 21, 2006

by Ozma

snoot posted:

It was a pretty big hit, kind of funk/rap. "Fire" (or higher?) is a prominent lyric and is sung really long in a high voice, then there's a part that goes "Let's go round again" or maybe "Let's go down again". That's repeated 3 times.

It has that "Paid in Full" kind of vibe. Three of us were trying to figure it out last night at a party and we all knew how it went so it's a well known song.
I wonder whether the Prizna track "Fire" was based on this. Listen to it, and if it reminds you of the track you're looking for, look around for what was sampled: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4599813439992847102

TVC 15
Dec 6, 2005

The world is your oyster, I mean, because that's all the world is!

Headless Norseman posted:

Sergio Mendes and Brasil 66, perhaps?

Yes! Thank you.

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

snoot posted:

This doesn't fit all of your description, but maybe it helps eliminate something. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLftjtN9Hpk

snoot
Jun 8, 2006

danger lurks everywhere

Syncopator posted:

I wonder whether the Prizna track "Fire" was based on this. Listen to it, and if it reminds you of the track you're looking for, look around for what was sampled: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4599813439992847102

Thanks, but I don't recognise anything in that song that may have been taken from the one I'm thinking of. Same for the Busta Rhymes track Sund suggested.

I've also eliminated 'Fire' by Sly & Robbie.

sinep
Feb 3, 2007
I've been trying to find this song for a while. When you beat Crazy Taxi and get the credits, a Bad Religion song will play. I think it goes something like:

Excited men in business suits
Swinging black boxes

And I blank out there. Please help!

snoot
Jun 8, 2006

danger lurks everywhere

sinep posted:

I've been trying to find this song for a while. When you beat Crazy Taxi and get the credits, a Bad Religion song will play. I think it goes something like:

Excited men in business suits
Swinging black boxes

And I blank out there. Please help!

'Inner Logic' from the Stranger Than Fiction album.

snoot
Jun 8, 2006

danger lurks everywhere

snoot posted:

Thanks, but I don't recognise anything in that song that may have been taken from the one I'm thinking of. Same for the Busta Rhymes track Sund suggested.

I've also eliminated 'Fire' by Sly & Robbie.

Figured it out - Boops (here to go) by Sly and Robbie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-l2Buu7nLc

What a song!

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"
Ok folks this is a weird one because I know the song and I know the artist. The thing is I don't know in which collection the track can be found.

The track is by v/vm and is a cover of forever young by alphaville.

It can be heard here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyuvhcvVxD8

My problem is that I don't know where to find it.

subscreet
Jul 1, 2007

quote:

I know I'm being pretty vague, but when I was in Venice a few weeks ago, I was in a McDonalds and I heard on an Italian radio station this song that was acoustical guitars had the pattern of two repeating notes and then two more repeating notes at a different pitch
Maybe "Hey There Delilah" by the Plain White T's?

sinep
Feb 3, 2007

snoot posted:

'Inner Logic' from the Stranger Than Fiction album.

Holy shirt! Thanks a lot man!

Captain Frigate
Apr 30, 2007

Can anyone tell me what the hell is playing in this flash animation?

trinasim
Nov 27, 2006
???.....!!!!!!!!!
Ok, this is driving me CRAZY.

I'm thinking of a song that kind of sounds like Belle and Sebastian. It's acoustic, upbeat, and has whistling in it. I'm doubtful that it's actually B&S.

I can't even remember the melody line anymore. :-(

Anyways, it's kind of new and it's been in a few movies that I've seen lately (movies I don't know the name of :-( )

Anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STEVIE B 4EVA
Nov 13, 2005

girl in the slayer jacket            i am searching for you

Captain Frigate posted:

Can anyone tell me what the hell is playing in this flash animation?

Some googling turned up an actual wiki page for the song: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ievan_Polkka