Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devlin Carnate
Aug 8, 2003

RIAA Jr. Field Inspector. Checking for illegal files. Let me in.

Xomness posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_P4gcTl2GU

Specifically around 3:36ish?

You tube comments say:

Track 1: All Over Now by Alice Russell

Track 2: Organ Donor by Lefties Soul Connection (the one you're specifically asking about)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hypercube
Jun 18, 2004

On the Avalanches' song Undersea Community, there's a little melody that starts at 0:51 and again at 1:36. I know they sampled it from somewhere, but I can't put my finger on where.

Philipp Melanchthon
Sep 5, 2006

Thou shalt be delivered from sins, and be freed from the acrimony and fury of theologians
I've been hearing a song on the radio recently which doesn't seem to include any lyrics that I can understand except part of the chorus. I think its "in those situ-aaaaaay-tions" then more that I can't understand. I've searched for variations on that one line, but can't find anything.

trinasim
Nov 27, 2006
???.....!!!!!!!!!

trinasim posted:

Ok, this is driving me CRAZY.

I'm thinking of a song that kind of sounds like Belle and Sebastian. It's acoustic, upbeat, and has whistling in it. I'm doubtful that it's actually B&S.

I can't even remember the melody line anymore. :-(

Anyways, it's kind of new and it's been in a few movies that I've seen lately (movies I don't know the name of :-( )

Anything?

SOLVED!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51V1VMkuyx0

global gobby goon
Jun 22, 2007

Lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven;
lower your eyelids to die with the sun.
This is really vague but I'm looking for an instrumental song with a repetitive acoustic guitar riff in the background and I can't really remember much else... I heard it at Urban Outfitters so it would have to be smoething that fit in with their "indie" criteria I guess.

trinasim
Nov 27, 2006
???.....!!!!!!!!!

Onion Head Cat posted:

This is really vague but I'm looking for an instrumental song with a repetitive acoustic guitar riff in the background and I can't really remember much else... I heard it at Urban Outfitters so it would have to be smoething that fit in with their "indie" criteria I guess.

This? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ2BT3SBO9U

global gobby goon
Jun 22, 2007

Nope, but I do really like that song...the acoustic guitar part was um strummed not plucked?

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Anyone know the song played in the new Jeep commercial?

I can't find it on youtube, but it's the one where a Jeep truck was put into all this old footage like a black-n-white Army camp at the beginning, and ended at the Berlin Wall.

Vetinari
Mar 25, 2006

by Fistgrrl
Does anyone know the name of the song that is played during the end credits of Yo Mama: Atlanta, on MTV?

It's rap, and it goes "By any means necessary, line em up i'll knock em down by any means necessary".

i've been trying to find out what it is, but i just can't seem to.

Vetinari
Mar 25, 2006

by Fistgrrl
EDIT: Whoops, nevermind

Jose Cuervo
Aug 25, 2004
I got a request for a pretty old song, since I can remember it from my childhood. The only lyrics I can remember are:

'Na na na nana na na na, talkin' bout you and meee-e and the games we played'

If anyone can tell me the name of the song I would be very grateful.

jobehaix
Feb 16, 2004

A turtle? Yes, a turtle.

Jose Cuervo posted:

'Na na na nana na na na, talkin' bout you and meee-e and the games we played'

It's definitely 'Games People Play' by Inner Circle.

Jose Cuervo
Aug 25, 2004

DhaliClone posted:

It's definitely 'Games People Play' by Inner Circle.

Haha gently caress yeah. Thanks man.

Flan
Jul 3, 2007
I'm a cutter, I cut to feel...delicious!
A year ago my friend burned me a copy of the Killers' Sam's Town. Later I bought my own copy and two of the songs were different (I guess he must have downloaded it).

The first is mislabeled as the title track "Sam's Town" and includes the lyric "Tell all your friends you're through with them, and I won't expect a thing from you at all" and "we're coming up on midnight and the rumors start to fill, no one's laughing all alone now, no one does it by themselves". The thing is it's not a bad song so I wonder what it really is and if it's even by the Killers.

Also the song "Uncle Jonny" was mislabeled and the version from my friend's CD burn has the lyrics "no one wants to think like this but it's all I can think when there's time enough to fall in love to break it off" and "I'm a victim we're all just listening it's killing me". Good song as well.

These two songs have driven me crazy forever because I like them both and they both sound like the Killers but they're not the official album tracks. Any ideas?

Sick_Nukes
Aug 10, 2004
Probably have a snow balls chance in hell on this but I'm looking for two songs:

Song 1 kind of sketchy on this one, think it was a female singer kind of a psychobilly punk rock type thing. Motorcycle ride in the night.....tight leather jacket with skull and crossbones....rockabilly queen.....goodtimes rock n' roll

Song 2 rap song male vocalist. He wrote down the combination and swallowed it and forgot it.....he stays awake at night so no one steals the box cause it's the last one and it talks to him or something like that. He never lies because he doesn't say anything at all.

any help would be appreciated.

Sluglord
Aug 10, 2006

This is Serious.
I don't listen to much rolling stones but I was in a car with some people last night and a song came on the radio that they said was the rolling stones, but it had symphony instruments. The only way I can describe the song is that it had a fast tempo and it was badass as hell. Any Rolling Stones songs that are symphonic?

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
I came across this Argentine (I think?) ad during my daily perusal of YouTube, and now I'm obsessed with finding out what the song they play is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXO97M9N3is

If you could help me find out, I'll love you forever. Yes, even in the gay way.

Small disclaimer: the song might have been created specifically for the ad, so idk.

jobehaix
Feb 16, 2004

A turtle? Yes, a turtle.

lax regulations posted:

I came across this Argentine (I think?) ad during my daily perusal of YouTube, and now I'm obsessed with finding out what the song they play is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXO97M9N3is
It's a remake of 'Tell Him'. It's originally by The Exciters. I can't tell you who this version is by, but it's a different group. But, that should help you.

I'm actually surprised you've never heard the (original) song before.

jobehaix fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Aug 11, 2007

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

DhaliClone posted:

It's a remake of 'Tell Him'. It's originally by The Exciters. I can't tell you who this version is by, but it's a different group. But, that should help you.

I'm actually surprised you've never heard the (original) song before.

Thanks, I found the version of the song I was looking. It's by Hello. Thanks for your help.

Stump Hugelarge
Feb 15, 2007
don't touch him there
When I was a sophomore in college my friend down the hall would wake up every morning to this one song, that i think is by boyz II men, it was a promotional song for the restaurant hardees

The words were
It's a great big taste you can hold in your hands.
It's from Hardee's, Hardee's
It's a new way of cooking and it's taking the land etc

it is about a two minute song and before i could get it from him his hard drive crapped out. If anyone knows what this song is or where i could find it they would be in my debt.

ses110
Jan 28, 2006
Ok, I've been having this song on my head. It has a clean guitar intro riff on the beginning, which speeds up and repeats throughout the song. Since I doubt that will be good enough info I created a midi file of the intro riff so see if anyone can help me figure it out.
http://midishrine.com/midi/16810.mid

EDIT: I created a wav file through guitar pro for those that hate midi
http://uploadhut.com/view.php/587431.wav

and a flash file too:
http://unknownsong.notlong.com

ses110 fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Aug 15, 2007

Syncopator
Jul 21, 2006

by Ozma
During the MSNBC promo for Chris Matthews that started airing right after the first Democratic debate, in which he talks about "guts and belief," there was some amazing background music; I wonder, is it just production music, or is there some pre-existing track that it was taken from?

softbomb
Dec 30, 2004

BoozeAintFood posted:

I don't listen to much rolling stones but I was in a car with some people last night and a song came on the radio that they said was the rolling stones, but it had symphony instruments. The only way I can describe the song is that it had a fast tempo and it was badass as hell. Any Rolling Stones songs that are symphonic?

A lot of their late 60s psychedelic stuff had strings and stuff on it. Try some tracks from "Their Magesty's Satanic Request," maybe "She's a rainbow."

Arrogant Hobo
Mar 2, 2007
What? No Five's?
I've been racking my brain recently trying to remember a certain song I heard sometime this year but all I can remember well is the video and theme (I think) of it. The video is almost entirely the singer in black background with the guitar singing about coming home. He has glasses and a scragigly looking beard but thats as far as I get everytime. Any help would be great.

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

I really have almost nothing on this song except that I heard it on a (diet?) coke ad shown in the movie theaters recently. If I remember correctly its acoustic and has a guy singing about the girl he loves or something along those lines. Sorry for being so vague but if you've been to the movies recently maybe you'll know what I'm talking about.

jobehaix
Feb 16, 2004

A turtle? Yes, a turtle.

Jaros posted:

I really have almost nothing on this song except that I heard it on a (diet?) coke ad shown in the movie theaters recently. If I remember correctly its acoustic and has a guy singing about the girl he loves or something along those lines. Sorry for being so vague but if you've been to the movies recently maybe you'll know what I'm talking about.
If it's a new song, try 'Hey There Delilah' by Plain White T's.

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

DhaliClone posted:

If it's a new song, try 'Hey There Delilah' by Plain White T's.

Yep, that was it I'm pretty sure. Thanks.

Computer Opponent
Nov 29, 2002

Nothing's gonna ever keep ya down!

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Anyone know the song played in the new Jeep commercial?

I can't find it on youtube, but it's the one where a Jeep truck was put into all this old footage like a black-n-white Army camp at the beginning, and ended at the Berlin Wall.

sunshine, by jonathan edwards.

shallowj
Dec 18, 2006

i'm trying to find a song i heard a while ago, it's acoustic, or at least mostly.

the only lyrics i can remember are "good luck down south" and "you've got oil in your blood" which is repeated a couple times. anyone know it?

thanks

CliffyBMine!
Oct 2, 2006

Epic Megagames? I'm Epic MegaGAY!
A friend of mine made me listen to a techno/house/etc song with a pretty long saxophone part in it. He said it was a remix of Starlight by Supermen Lovers but I can't find anything. Anyone know what song I'm talking about?

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Right, I'm after the name of an electronic/house song that I've heard two different versions of, one was in an advert for British TV channel sumo.tv, and the other was in one of Steve-O's tour DVDs... from what I can remember it's fairly repetitive and has a vocal sample repeating 'cigarette... lighter...' over and over again.

I can make a sample of the track on the DVD if it will help.

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

subscreet posted:

Maybe "Hey There Delilah" by the Plain White T's?

No, it was entirely instrumental and it had a similar sounding guitar to the one in New Order's song "Age of Consent"

SkellingTon Loc
Oct 24, 2005

I was feelin' horny and ornery hornery
I'm looking for the name of a rock song from the '90s or early '00s.

I remember that in the video that the band members were walking around through some corridors and I think there was a girl drowning, but I'm not completely sure about that.

I remember bits and pieces from the lyrics like, "under the water" or "head under water." And I think the chorus always ended with "we are not amused" or "easily amused."

I think the vocalist sounded a little like that guy from Spacehog, but I'm not sure about that.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight
Repost: Industrialesque-dancey song that was on a radio show about 10 years back. It was mixed with Revolting Cocks's "We Shall Cleanse The World".

Sample from the tape [if it still works]:

http://rapidshare.com/files/26422002/unknown.wav

*EDIT* Found it! Die Warzau.

Secks fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Aug 16, 2007

global gobby goon
Jun 22, 2007

Does anyone know of a song that goes "I hope we make that connection, the tricks they still divide". It was mainly a male singer with a girl at some points. Also there were steel drums involved. Oh and they mentioned A Tale of Two Cities. I tried looking for the lyrics but couldn't find anything.

Xarb
Nov 26, 2000

Not happy.
I'm looking for a house song with a samba/latin vocal sample. The vocals are very similar to the ones in Junior Jack - E-Samba

Syncopator
Jul 21, 2006

by Ozma
There's a new Heineken ad about that mini-keg, and it features three women who act like robots, and there's this track with some heavily "computer-ized" vocals and it kinda sounds like that new Devo track from the Dell ad; I wonder, was the track from the Heineken ad based on some other track?

Hucky
May 4, 2007
DEFINITELY NOT A NEWBIE >_>
This is Canto De Ossanha by Jurassic 5, off their latest album Feedback. The chords/melody really remind me of another song, which I can't quite put my finger on. I seem to remember it being a sharpish electric guitar sound, but I could be wrong.

Listen from about 20 seconds in to the clip (which is unrelated, I might add).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BK5tNCRAO_E

Kaws
Aug 11, 2005

Hucky posted:

This is Canto De Ossanha by Jurassic 5, off their latest album Feedback. The chords/melody really remind me of another song, which I can't quite put my finger on. I seem to remember it being a sharpish electric guitar sound, but I could be wrong.

Listen from about 20 seconds in to the clip (which is unrelated, I might add).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BK5tNCRAO_E

It reminds me of the song they did with Nelly Furtado.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KXgoqG7ZU94

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
Longshot, but this has been bugging me for years: A remix of a John Williams/Star Wars track that was used for the original Rogue Squadron 64 commercial. It starts out or at least gets to the climactic part of "Battle of Yavin" (about 8:00-8:30) when the Death Star is about to explode, but instead of subsiding into relief, it launches into a remix of (I'm pretty sure) Tie Fighter Attack, mostly the brass/horn parts with an added bassline. I thought it was the most :iamafag: thing ever at the time, but haven't been able to find a source for it.

Also, some Googling that didn't turn up anything a few years ago when I checked but now did: Nick Drake's "Pink Moon" was the song in an older VW Passat commercial that I really liked :unsmith: