Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jekkyl
Jul 22, 2005
Please, I don't ever want to make it stop.
I don't know if anyone may watch the TV show "Monk", but there was an episode that aired Friday night. The title was "Mr Monk and the Buried Treasure", and it featured Dr Kroger's (Monk's psychiatrist) son. His name was Troy, and he listened to some kickass music.

Anyways, could anyone possibly identify the song in this clip?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IySXcc7HcY8

I was thinking of just searching for lyrics, but I can't hear the lyrics.
Also, Troy listens to some other music in that episode, so, in case anyone else saw it, does anyone know what the song is while him and Monk are trapped in the car under the pile of gravel?

(Yes, I just posted a thread about this. Speaking of which, I should go close that one)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!
The music playing in the trailer to "Hitman."

The movie, not the game. Its opera/classical of some sort but I lack any knowledge concerning artists in that genre.

E: Heres a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1SeyA7xJn8

VVVV Thank you, good sir.

Vagon fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 20, 2007

Devlin Carnate
Aug 8, 2003

RIAA Jr. Field Inspector. Checking for illegal files. Let me in.

Darkhope posted:

The music playing in the trailer to "Hitman."

The movie, not the game. Its opera/classical of some sort but I lack any knowledge concerning artists in that genre.

E: Heres a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1SeyA7xJn8
Schubert's "Ave Maria"

dilbread
Apr 29, 2003
I saw Infected Mushroom live last night and had an amazing time. Robbie Kreiger from the Doors was playing guitar for some songs, even! There was one song, however, I did not recognize. It went something like "You have a good life... something something... you better be careful" or something like that. Does anyone have the slightest idea what song this is?

Thanks in advance.

Gary the Llama
Mar 16, 2007
SHIGERU MIYAMOTO IS MY ILLEGITIMATE FATHER!!!
I believe the song I'm looking for is fairly recent... Probably within the last few months. His voice almost sounds like Ben Folds... It's a happy song and the lyrics have a part that goes "just show me those/your legs" or "I just wanna see those/your legs". Also, I believe there are lyrics about a train... And the chorus may have something similar to "this is good, this is great" in them.

Any ideas?

HERTZ DONUT
Nov 25, 2003

by Fragmaster
The only way I can think to identify this song is that it's a nineties or early '00s alt rock song with the words "swinging from a" in the chorus.

Sheesh.

barraGOUDA
Apr 19, 2006

FISH + CHEESE = YAY

HERTZ DONUT posted:

The only way I can think to identify this song is that it's a nineties or early '00s alt rock song with the words "swinging from a" in the chorus.

Sheesh.

That's not the All American Rejects' "Swing Swing," is it?

HERTZ DONUT
Nov 25, 2003

by Fragmaster
It most certainly is. You rock, barraGOUDA.

Trujew
Mar 22, 2007
I have a masturbation streak Cal Ripken would be proud of
Ok I got one that has been bugging me for 3 weeks.

All i can remember is that it is a few years old. (2000-2004 or so) The music video is of a couple making out in a coffee shop, then it kinda goes animated/photoshop filtery while the camera pans around them.

I think the guy singing was a black guy (im pretty sure), kinda making his voice high. I cant remember all the details or any lyrics and Im guessing I lost the mp3 when my drive crashed awhile ago.

hepl :smith:

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy

Trujew posted:

Ok I got one that has been bugging me for 3 weeks.

All i can remember is that it is a few years old. (2000-2004 or so) The music video is of a couple making out in a coffee shop, then it kinda goes animated/photoshop filtery while the camera pans around them.

I think the guy singing was a black guy (im pretty sure), kinda making his voice high. I cant remember all the details or any lyrics and Im guessing I lost the mp3 when my drive crashed awhile ago.

hepl :smith:

Would this be "Astounded," by Bran Van 3000 feat. Curtis Mayfield?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VbJgdalkuC8

Trujew
Mar 22, 2007
I have a masturbation streak Cal Ripken would be proud of

LL_Ghoul_J posted:

Would this be "Astounded," by Bran Van 3000 feat. Curtis Mayfield?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VbJgdalkuC8

YES!!! Oh there is a god and you are him sir. I was sure there was 3000 in their name somewhere, but for some reason Andre 3000 kept coming up so I gave up that angle.

ps my first born child will be FedEx'ed to you

e: wow my memory sucks after watching that. At least I got the making out part right

Trujew fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Aug 21, 2007

ClaClaClaClaudius
Jun 17, 2005

He's soooo dreamy!
This is gonna be a really, really tough one, since I have no recollection of the lyrics and I heard it at a festival so there's no videoclip or something that can help me.

Anyways, I heard an acid song (or I think it was acid, because I don't know poo poo about acid) at said festival. I'm also pretty sure that the word "acid" was used in it, so there were a few lines of lyrics. The coolest thing about the song is that there was one main melody that was basically a key ladder up and down in the length of, and I'm guessing here, 8 beats. It was so catchy that I really want to hear it again.

Anyone have a clue what song this could be. Oh, and for your information, the guy that played it was Joost van Bellen. I might mail him if this doesn't work.

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease
^^Maurice - This Is Acid ?

barraGOUDA
Apr 19, 2006

FISH + CHEESE = YAY

HERTZ DONUT posted:

It most certainly is. You rock, barraGOUDA.

Hey, thanks!

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I hear this song on my college radio sometimes but the little bits of lyrics I remember never seem to turn up anything relevant on google. I do have this lovely FM radio -> cell phone -> sndrec32.exe sample of the song though:

If someone could help me that would be fantastic!

mllecait
Feb 26, 2007
Here's one for you!

Saw this music video on Much More Music:

Two female vocalists one blonde and one with black hair.

Chorus was along the lines of "i would go anywhere... anywhere with you"
Mostly synthetic instrumentation, 1990s style gated snare, dancy beat.
seen on much more music. Not really sure of the genre.
I think it was in B flat.

Lambo Alert
Aug 16, 2007

but i'm not a bird...
I'm looking for the name of the song in this, http://youtube.com/watch?v=pUPk2l6zC7M, youtube movie. :downsbravo: if you can help me.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

PastorPapegoja posted:

I'm looking for the name of the song in this, http://youtube.com/watch?v=pUPk2l6zC7M, youtube movie. :downsbravo: if you can help me.

'Woman' by Wolfmother.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

EDIT: ^^ yeah

PastorPapegoja posted:

It's some kind of mash-up or remix of Wolfmother's "Woman".

Devlin Carnate
Aug 8, 2003

RIAA Jr. Field Inspector. Checking for illegal files. Let me in.

mllecait posted:

Here's one for you!

Saw this music video on Much More Music:

Two female vocalists one blonde and one with black hair.

Chorus was along the lines of "i would go anywhere... anywhere with you"
Mostly synthetic instrumentation, 1990s style gated snare, dancy beat.
seen on much more music. Not really sure of the genre.
I think it was in B flat.

If it's what I'm thinking of, you'll have to set the way back machine to 1984 or so for Rubber Rodeo's "Anywhere With You".

Mr. Mojo Risin
Oct 11, 2006
I've had this ridiculous song stuck in my head all week and I've just found time to try and figure out what it is.

I believe the song is pretty old, probably sometime in the '60s. It has an insanely catchy lick played throughout the song, and I can't recall any lyrics just the little riff. It was played on a really cool instrument, but again I forget what. Possibly one of those little toy pianos or maybe some kind of reed instrument, but it wasn't anything typical.

I believe its something along these lines if it helps any.

Thanks so much in advance!

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

Mr. Mojo Risin posted:

I've had this ridiculous song stuck in my head all week and I've just found time to try and figure out what it is.

I believe the song is pretty old, probably sometime in the '60s. It has an insanely catchy lick played throughout the song, and I can't recall any lyrics just the little riff. It was played on a really cool instrument, but again I forget what. Possibly one of those little toy pianos or maybe some kind of reed instrument, but it wasn't anything typical.

I believe its something along these lines if it helps any.

Thanks so much in advance!

Sounds like it might be "She's a Rainbow" by the Rolling Stones.

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Un malheur ne vient jamais seul.
I was listening to this episode of This American Life and I heard this song just before 5:20, still in the prologue (which is why I can't identify it). It's that really laid-back song with the lead bass line. I thought I heard it in some bumpers for NPR. Is that a generic sound bed, or is it an actual song? It sounds like something off 1 Giant Leap, but I'm fairly sure that's not it.

redbyte
Apr 18, 2006
When he strikes... you'll know
One of my friends just died recently (aged 18). I was just at his funeral and they played one of his favourite songs of recent which was an upbeat song with the lyrics going something like,

"You're a mama's boy, mama's boy"

I remember that much at least because his mum talked about it in her speech and how it reminded her of him. When it started playing she broke down in tears. So kinda depressing :(

It's fairly recent I think, but I can't for the life of me find it anywhere or who it's by. I know I didn't give you much information. But does anyone know what song I'm talking about?

If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it.

Thanks goons!

WHY SEE ESS
Sep 12, 2006
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sxchw646zs4

Does anyone know the track being played?

Jose Cuervo
Aug 25, 2004
This isn't a identify song request, but more a request to see if anyone knows where I could get this mashup from. It is a Jay-Z/Verve Mashup of Dirt off Your Shoulder and Bittersweet Symphony that I stumbled across on youtube, but have had no luck finding a place to get the mp3 from (it is not an official remix or anything, so I cannot get it from any stores I have checked).

Quiet_Robert
Jul 10, 2004
I heard this tune a couple times on Canadian rock radio, and then nothing lately. Its typical rock, sounds like 4/4 timing, with a 4 power chord verse progression. The singer sounds almost like Tom Petty. The only lyric that stands out is "I'm gonna leave.......I'm gonna get the gently caress out of dodge".

Ignoramus
Jun 14, 2001
Ok has anyone heard of a band called Alpha Gel Latte? I just heard something by them on the radio and I cant find the website the dude listed off.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
This is pretty vague, but it is a song that is usually put in the background of movie trailers for family-ish comedies. The most recent preview that had it that I know of is the beginning of the trailer for 'The Brothers Solomon'. It's an upbeat song and the words I think go something like "I know a place/way" and makes me think of Offspring.

Mr. Stay-Puft
Jul 5, 2007
I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something that could never destroy us.
This was used as the background music for an ancient Mac shareware game called S'ydnar Squares, by Randy Reddig.

Some sort of classical piano/orchestra piece.

NOTE - it cuts off after the first second but continues after a few seconds of silence.

eclipse9
Dec 20, 2005

Am I a sad sack?

Jose Cuervo posted:

This isn't a identify song request, but more a request to see if anyone knows where I could get this mashup from. It is a Jay-Z/Verve Mashup of Dirt off Your Shoulder and Bittersweet Symphony that I stumbled across on youtube, but have had no luck finding a place to get the mp3 from (it is not an official remix or anything, so I cannot get it from any stores I have checked).

They have it at this site. It's under volume 4.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

La vierge Marie vous regarde.

Elohssa Gib posted:

This is pretty vague, but it is a song that is usually put in the background of movie trailers for family-ish comedies. The most recent preview that had it that I know of is the beginning of the trailer for 'The Brothers Solomon'. It's an upbeat song and the words I think go something like "I know a place/way" and makes me think of Offspring.

I just watched a trailer for that movie, dunno if it's the same one, but the song they play is Bang the Drum All Day.

Jose Cuervo
Aug 25, 2004

eclipse9 posted:

They have it at this site. It's under volume 4.

Holy gently caress that is an awesome site for mashups. Thank you so much.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

Sweetwater Kill posted:

I just watched a trailer for that movie, dunno if it's the same one, but the song they play is Bang the Drum All Day.

Yes thank you very much

pancaek
Feb 6, 2004

sup fellaz
What's the song that is playing at the end of this trailer?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/thebraveone/

It sounds very nine inch nails, but my brain is really oozing out of my ears tonight and I can't put my finger on it.

Fistula Juice
Jun 9, 2007
no avatar; don't read
Hey everyone WTF is the song at the end of Weeds Season 3 Episode 4??

"Hey Marijuana, you make me wanna, sing stupid hosed up songs all the time... but I don't know exactly when"

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease

trufflepig posted:

What's the song that is playing at the end of this trailer?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/thebraveone/

It sounds very nine inch nails, but my brain is really oozing out of my ears tonight and I can't put my finger on it.

Mogwai - Auto Rock

ham hock
Feb 6, 2006

"what's up vanilla face?!"
anyone in here know who amon tobin is?

ive heard a song of his that's pretty sweet; its dark sounding and is comprised mainly of a guitar riff some piano notes and what sounds like a gospel choir in the background - i have no idea what the songs called or whereabouts it fits into his library chronologically, if anyone knows what im talking about thatd be wicked

Bozz
Jan 26, 2002

Not a song, but a band. They make purely instrumental stuff. It's all off kilter, and kind of disorienting. It's almost noise. They're named Athyrech or Athreich or something, I can't remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Bozz posted:

Not a song, but a band. They make purely instrumental stuff. It's all off kilter, and kind of disorienting. It's almost noise. They're named Athyrech or Athreich or something, I can't remember.

Autechre?