Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Therminador
Mar 31, 2004

If they aren't prepared to watch something because it looks old, then it doesn't sound like they'd enjoy LoGH much in the first place, to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pyo
Nov 18, 2003

... !

Tir McDohl posted:

I was thinking. Really, more people *should* watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes, but I guess it says something when a thread from 2004 only has 20 pages.

What kind of difficulties has anyone here had trying to get friends into this show? For the most part, I've run into the "it looks OLD!!" complaint like 50 times so far.

History/Sociology people love this. One guy even saved the whole series on dvds to show it to his children later on when they have grown up (whatever that means...)

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!

Tir McDohl posted:

I was thinking. Really, more people *should* watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes, but I guess it says something when a thread from 2004 only has 20 pages.

What kind of difficulties has anyone here had trying to get friends into this show? For the most part, I've run into the "it looks OLD!!" complaint like 50 times so far.

Certainly, the fact that the show started in the late 80s doesn't help it as far as introducing the series to new fans, but I think the real problem is that every single potential starting point for LoGH is a self-contained space battle. The first movie is more or less a space battle, as is the second movie which in turn is mostly a retelling of the first two episodes. You can watch just those episodes and even both movies, and you'll come off with the impression that the series is entirely space battles conducted by various pairs of guys all saying "move here" or "fire there."

Sure, the space battles are neat, but the actual meat of the series is all the political intrigue and philosophy matters which you don't really get to see until the third episode, and in this day and age, most people give anime one installment to impress them.

gerogarygaygaygay
May 30, 2004

by DocEvil
I'm kind of sad that it's over, I still want to know what happens next. None of the movies or OVAs deal with the future after the final episode? Were any of the books ever translated?

patricius posted:

EP 110:
My only real question (aside from the general ones they left open that we're clearly intended to decide for ourselves, like whether the Empire will move towards a constitutional monarchy or not) is who DeVillier meant to tell Julian to point his gun at. Was that just typical Terraist misdirection, or was there a traitor in the Imperial ranks that was hinted at but I didn't pick up on?

Honestly, I think I was waiting the entire series for someone to essentially say "gently caress off" to a potential subplot and just pull the trigger a few times. Not that I disliked any of the subplots they did follow through on, of course. There just weren't many moments of satisfying violence in the series, although the fact that they never resorted to that easy sort of audience pandering is a strong point.

patricius posted:

EP 110:
And my only real objection is that we didn't get a shot of Frederica at Yang's grave on Heinessen or something like that, but... minor quibbles.

This is one of those things they could've put into the final credits but I guess they decided to forgo them for the last episode? I hated all of the opening and ending songs but I think I'd have liked to see the credits roll one more time at the end of the series.

Nebakenezzer posted:

EP 110:
One more person has watched the Legend of Galactic Heroes. Though I knew more or less what was going to happen in the end, it was still awesome. Except Oberstien! No! Your last thought was about feeding your cat. :(

It was a dog you jerk. a lonely old stray dog who showed up outside his front door one day. :smith:

Eronarn
May 15, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Mulled Ciderbomb posted:

There just weren't many moments of satisfying violence in the series, although the fact that they never resorted to that easy sort of audience pandering is a strong point.

What actually surprised me about the violence was how graphic it was compared to most series. Whenever they cut to the interior of a ship that just got hit, or showed a melee battle, there were people leaking their intestines all over the goddamn place. The Terraist HQ battle was especially gory. I loved it, but it really surprised me the first time I saw it. :pwn:

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma

Robot Bastard posted:

On the other hand, WHAT THE gently caress JAPAN

(although it makes a bit more sense if you know the "momotaro" story.)

Origami posted:

LoGH is totally shoujo

Uberfrog posted:

:toot:

creamyhorror
Mar 11, 2006
the incredible adventures of superworm across America
I downloaded Nemesis' encode of eps 21-32 some time back and was considering re-downloading CA's version instead, since I'd heard CA's was the only good English release (or something to that effect). However, I just scanned through a few of the Nemesis episodes, and the English translation looks competent, if a little bland, to me - possibly extracted from the DVD or something. Plus they look pretty good at 236MB per episode, without the odd colouration of CA's encodes. I definitely prefer their video quality. Could someone shed some light on why CA's is preferable, and/or why commenters on AniDB said this release's translation sucked?

edit: plus Nemesis' is softsubbed and includes Chinese audio and subs, in case anyone wanted them

creamyhorror fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Aug 4, 2007

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

After reading the OP of this thread in probably 2004 when it was posted, I downloaded the first episode of this to see if I would like it, and then I started getting the rest. After C-A just finally finished episode 110 I decided it was time to start watching it. I'm now on episode 36.

Holy crap this is awesome. :)

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

creamyhorror posted:

I downloaded Nemesis' encode of eps 21-32 some time back and was considering re-downloading CA's version instead, since I'd heard CA's was the only good English release (or something to that effect). However, I just scanned through a few of the Nemesis episodes, and the English translation looks competent, if a little bland, to me - possibly extracted from the DVD or something. Plus they look pretty good at 236MB per episode, without the odd colouration of CA's encodes. I definitely prefer their video quality. Could someone shed some light on why CA's is preferable, and/or why commenters on AniDB said this release's translation sucked?

edit: plus Nemesis' is softsubbed and includes Chinese audio and subs, in case anyone wanted them

I'm of the opinion that the animation is very secondary to the story being told. While I haven't seen Nemesis' version of this anime, I have a hard time believing their translation will be as good as CA's - which is among the best of any anime I've ever seen in terms of nailing down nuance and detail. I'd have to see the Nemesis version to make the call, but since I never found the video quality of CA's release to be distracting I don't see a reason not to watch it for their great translation.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Komrade Hitlerstalin posted:

Holy crap this is awesome. :)

Glad to hear you are enjoying it. I've often thought about recommending LoGH in the Trek thread, but the time never seemed right. I've been thinking about how you'd pitch the series to somebody familiar with Star Trek (to echo some of the "how do you pitch this series to people" comments) since most people are familiar with Star Trek even if they haven't seen all the series:

Imagine the Federation from Star Trek. Only, instead of humanity being one big happy family, it is split into two eternally warring factions: one democratic, the other a Monarchy. Now, imagine instead of the Democrats being cast as just the good guys who are always right, the democracy is flawed: Politicians declare war (and get millions of soldiers killed) to win elections, and deliberately use extremist factions to crush decent. The Monarchists are not simple villains either; you end up rooting just as much for them as you do the democrats. Now imagine that these two sides get into massive multi-episode space battles where real life military tactics are used to defeat the other side, and characters you know and love die, simply because they made a mistake or were outwitted by the other side. Now imagine this is captured in a single plot arc lasting 110 episodes. Now imagine that the democratic side has a Marine core that board ships and murders people with axes

(insert awesome gif of the Rosen-Ritter axeing people)

Legend of Galactic Heroes. It's the best space epic you've never seen.

(maybe needs more contrasting Trek references.)

creamyhorror
Mar 11, 2006
Well I typed out a segment of the translation from Nemesis' episode 25, starting at about the 10m30s mark. Could someone compare it to the CA translation for me? This segment contains two or three mistakes or poor translation choices, but was essentially understandable, although it doesn't render the register of the speech. (Slashes mark changes in the character speaking.)

ep 25 10:30 - Lichtenlade rules over the aristocrats on one side. Over the other, he actively kills the aristocrats who oppose him. I think he has ulterior motives. / You knew everything? / Lichtenlade pacified the aristocrats and thinks that we're blocking him. Is that what you mean? / At this rate, this wily fox may try to harm me. Oberstein, once the celebration is over tomorrow, go back to Odin and watch the enemies. Don't let anyone go. / Yes. If it's convenient for you, I've something else to report. / What is it? / Regarding Kircheis, / you're trying to tell me that I hold in too much regard? / That's right. If it's like just now, I continue to let him enjoy privileges, I don't think it's good. / I've told you clearly before. Kircheis is like me. Even if the entire universe is against me, he'll still be on my side. It's always been like this. So I treat him this way. Am I not right? / Sir. I'm not asking you to deal with Kircheis, or to let him off. I just want to warn you. Let Reuentaul and Mittermeier enjoy the same privileges. We don't need a No 2 person. No one can replace my loyalty to the No 1 person. If you don't think you're the only ruler, there's no way you can build a strong society. I hope you can understand this. / I do. Stop it. It's making me upset.

I also watched most of episode 31 (Yang's inquiry) and found the translation was fine except for the occasional poor wording.

I guess I'm torn between the superior DVD quality of Nemesis' encode (where did CA get their video source anyway? VHS?) and the richer translation that CA does. Nemesis makes the show look a lot more recent than CA does (a 90s vs 80s look), and doesn't have the discoloration and noise that CA's has. The choice would be clearer if CA's video quality improved at some point - does it? (I have only up till CA's ep 40.)

Fantastic show, by the way. I only saw a few sections but Yang Wenli is completely awesome.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

creamyhorror posted:

Well I typed out a segment of the translation from Nemesis' episode 25, starting at about the 10m30s mark. Could someone compare it to the CA translation for me? This segment contains two or three mistakes or poor translation choices, but was essentially understandable, although it doesn't render the register of the speech. (Slashes mark changes in the character speaking.)

ep 25 10:30 - Lichtenlade rules over the aristocrats on one side. Over the other, he actively kills the aristocrats who oppose him. I think he has ulterior motives. / You knew everything? / Lichtenlade pacified the aristocrats and thinks that we're blocking him. Is that what you mean? / At this rate, this wily fox may try to harm me. Oberstein, once the celebration is over tomorrow, go back to Odin and watch the enemies. Don't let anyone go. / Yes. If it's convenient for you, I've something else to report. / What is it? / Regarding Kircheis, / you're trying to tell me that I hold in too much regard? / That's right. If it's like just now, I continue to let him enjoy privileges, I don't think it's good. / I've told you clearly before. Kircheis is like me. Even if the entire universe is against me, he'll still be on my side. It's always been like this. So I treat him this way. Am I not right? / Sir. I'm not asking you to deal with Kircheis, or to let him off. I just want to warn you. Let Reuentaul and Mittermeier enjoy the same privileges. We don't need a No 2 person. No one can replace my loyalty to the No 1 person. If you don't think you're the only ruler, there's no way you can build a strong society. I hope you can understand this. / I do. Stop it. It's making me upset.

I also watched most of episode 31 (Yang's inquiry) and found the translation was fine except for the occasional poor wording.

I guess I'm torn between the superior DVD quality of Nemesis' encode (where did CA get their video source anyway? VHS?) and the richer translation that CA does. Nemesis makes the show look a lot more recent than CA does (a 90s vs 80s look), and doesn't have the discoloration and noise that CA's has. The choice would be clearer if CA's video quality improved at some point - does it? (I have only up till CA's ep 40.)

Fantastic show, by the way. I only saw a few sections but Yang Wenli is completely awesome.
CA version of the same segment. I think the difference in quality of translation is fairly clear, especially in the 2nd half of this particular segment. The CA guys are doing more than literal translations - they're translating meaning as well as words.
ep 25 10:30 - Marquis Lohengramm, the news of your victory: The Imperial Prime Minister, Prince Lichtenlade, while handling the affairs of state, is stirring up the emotions of the nobles who remained behind on Odin. It appears he has some far-reaching ambition. / You see the problem? Prince Lichtenlade has discovered the high nobles are now out of the way. So now he thinks of us as a hindrance. That's what it probably means. / That old fox. He's wasted no time stabbing me in the back. Oberstein, as soon as tomorrow's victory celebration is over, you will return to Odin ahead of me. Take steps against the enemy at our backs. / As you wish. But there is another matter I wish to discuss. / What is it? / It's about High Admiral Kircheis. / Are you going to tell me again that I entrust too much power to Kircheis? / I am. It isn't wise to show him special treatment like you did before, especially in front of the other commanders. / I've told you before, Kircheis is the same as myself. Even if the whole universe were my enemy, Kircheis would still be my friend. In fact, it has been that way for a long time. Therefore, I have rewarded his loyalty. What's wrong with that? / Your Excellency! I'm not suggesting you purge or banish Admiral Kircheis! Just treat him the same way as you do Reuental and Mittermeyer. All I'm saying is that you should treat your loyal subordinates well. There is no room for a "Number 2." Your subordinates' loyalties are irreplacable. Your Excellency can't hope for a stable government if you do not wield complete authority. / All right. Enough. Drop it.

I think I remember reading in this thread somewhere that CA was using the LaserDisc release of LoGH for their raws.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Reading that comparison, I vastly do prefer the CA version. They do something very few fansubbers manage - they capture the feel of how characters speak, even in translated text. When you read a line meant for Lohengramm, it really does sound like him and nobody else.

That's something that so easily gets lost in translation, but CA seem to know how to write good, flowing, characterful english.

They really did the series justice.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Nebakenezzer posted:

Glad to hear you are enjoying it. I've often thought about recommending LoGH in the Trek thread, but the time never seemed right. I've been thinking about how you'd pitch the series to somebody familiar with Star Trek (to echo some of the "how do you pitch this series to people" comments) since most people are familiar with Star Trek even if they haven't seen all the series:

I'd think it would appeal more to fans of B5 and BSG. Not that I think Trekkies would be opposed; I'm certainly one of those too.

creamyhorror
Mar 11, 2006

aparmenideanmonad posted:

I think I remember reading in this thread somewhere that CA was using the LaserDisc release of LoGH for their raws.

Thanks for the translation aparmenideanmonad, the differences (and mistakes) are quite obvious. I'll go watch a few more segments and try to weigh the two some more.

I noticed that earlier in this thread a few people commented that they didn't like the "new" animation on the DVD version. I don't understand this preference for the old LD version, which has discolorations and is noticeably blurrier. Apparently the character models are drawn differently as well, but I fail to see how this can be so. If anything, the DVD would preserve the master source's lines better, surely.

If only I could get CA's scripts...then I could merge them with Nemesis' encodes for the best of both worlds. Now that would be perfect.

edit: Well looks like I was wrong, they apparently did reanimate parts of the DVD, adding stuff and all.

creamyhorror fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Aug 8, 2007

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Dominic White posted:

Reading that comparison, I vastly do prefer the CA version. They do something very few fansubbers manage - they capture the feel of how characters speak, even in translated text. When you read a line meant for Lohengramm, it really does sound like him and nobody else.

That's something that so easily gets lost in translation, but CA seem to know how to write good, flowing, characterful english.

They really did the series justice.

It really was pleasant just to read. I usually don't watch series over again (especially 110 episode series), but I'm thinking rewatching the series with a new perspective might be worth it (and I might pick up the names of a few more characters).

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma

creamyhorror posted:

I noticed that earlier in this thread a few people commented that they didn't like the "new" animation on the DVD version.
It might just be a "flow" kind of thing; the sudden switch back and forth between the two could be a bit jarring. You get used to seeing one thing, and then all of a sudden it's different--but wait, now it's back again!

So, I marathonned the last dozen episodes during a long plane trip. Whoa. That, uh, kind of came out of left field! It's a bit unfortunate that LOGH succumbed to Whoops The Series Is Over syndrome, where the last bits of a series are vastly sped-up compared to the rest of it. However, that's a relative term; characters who'd get a quick one-line scene in other animes get plenty of screen time in LOGH.

Although I think that Mashengo had a better end than Schenkopp. I mean, come on--here's this battle-hardened combat-reflexes Total Badass, and he gets axed in the back by some scrub who was too scared to stand up? "Oh gee I hear these metallic clanking noises from behind me, but I'm too tired to turn around". STOOPID. Not to mention the implausibility of it--so here's axe-resistant space armor, but you can get enough of a swing to hack through it while in a prone position?

Robot Bastard fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Aug 13, 2007

patricius
Apr 17, 2006

sicut patribus sit deus nobis

Robot Bastard posted:

Although I think that Mashengo had a better end than Schenkopp. I mean, come on--here's this battle-hardened combat-reflexes Total Badass, and he gets axed in the back by some scrub who was too scared to stand up? "Oh gee I hear these metallic clanking noises from behind me, but I'm too tired to turn around". STOOPID. Not to mention the implausibility of it--so here's axe-resistant space armor, but you can get enough of a swing to hack through it while in a prone position?
I think the show tells space opera convention to screw off as much as it indulges it, honestly. For every grand Bucock-style death where the hero gets to have the last word before falling in glorious battle, you have an ignoble one. Look at Yang Wenli, the greatest strategist in the galaxy, left to die alone in the back corridor of a nearly empty ship, felled by a bleeding artery from a wound inflicted by nameless assassin who got lucky. I think it actually has more emotional impact that way. When Yang dies, he doesn't die for anything... not like Bucock, who delivers that great line to Reinhard about friends as equals vs. masters/servants before his ship is destroyed. Yang just... dies. For nothing. Sure, his death has major plot consequences, but he didn't die making a glorious last stand in defense of his ideals or protecting someone else, as is common when heroes die in space opera.

Granted, they took a little dramatic license plausibility-wise with the way that they killed Schenkopp, but I didn't really think it was excessive. I don't think they could've done his death in a conventional way. He had no equal, no opponent who had been set up as being able to plausibly best him in straight one-on-one combat (Reuental being the only character who faced off against him in direct combat and survived, if I recall correctly), so the writers chose a different route for dramatic effect in the Yang vein, where great men are shown to be as mortal as anyone.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

About as successful at Le Mans as Toyota
There's a CA release of a LOGH movie, My Conquest is the Sea of Stars:
http://a.scarywater.net/ca/logh%20movie%201%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(6d93f32d)%20.avi.torrent

What is this exactly? If I haven't finished the series yet, should I not watch this?

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums

Lord Crapulus posted:

http://a.scarywater.net/ca/logh%20movie%201%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(6d93f32d)%20.avi.torrent

What is this exactly? If I haven't finished the series yet, should I not watch this?

I think it is like the Gundam and Zeta Gundam movies in that its the TV show cut down into 2 hour movies.

Edit: Wikipedia says they are prequels.

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma

Lord Crapulus posted:

There's a CA release of a LOGH movie
Zuh-guh-WHA? Did this just show up, or has it been there all along and I missed it?

patricius posted:

Granted, they took a little dramatic license plausibility-wise with the way that they killed Schenkopp, but I didn't really think it was excessive. I don't think they could've done his death in a conventional way.
Well, yeah, but whatever happened to the "not killing him" option? Not only was there not a reason for him to die, but they really had to stretch things to have his death work out the way that it did.

edit: ironically, my spoiler tags were broken because I forgot to put in a backslash...

Robot Bastard fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Aug 14, 2007

The_Guy
Mar 1, 2004

Eventually they always run out of other people's tiles.
What are you guys talking about? Schenkopp had an awesome death surrounded by the bodies of his enemies, and on top of that he had one of the best lines in the series: "Who wants the honour? The honour of being the last man whom Walter von Schenkopp killed in his life, that is." Hell Yeah.

Also did anyone else note that even in anime the token black guy dies by sacrificing himself to save the white male lead?

SCF
Nov 8, 2000

The_Guy posted:

Also did anyone else note that even in anime the token black guy dies by sacrificing himself to save the white male lead?

It's not like he was the ONLY black guy. There was also Admiral Sitolet who defied the imperial occupation and survived the prison riots[, and is much more of a badass than Mashengo.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Lord Crapulus posted:

I just finished downloading and watching it, it's pretty drat good.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I just finished watching 110. I had started episode 1 sometime last week. Needless to say, the ride has been long, tiring, yet fulfilling.

This was probably the best anime I have ever seen.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Nate RFB posted:

I just finished watching 110. I had started episode 1 sometime last week. Needless to say, the ride has been long, tiring, yet fulfilling.

This was probably the best anime I have ever seen.

Welcome to the club. :cool:

Unsure if I'd say it was the best, but definitely one of the best for me.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Tir McDohl posted:

Welcome to the club. :cool:

Unsure if I'd say it was the best, but definitely one of the best for me.
It's strange. I guess it's just because I have no real precedent to compare LOGH against. The closest equivalent in anime that I can think of is the Crest/Banner of the Stars series, and while I mean no disrespect to it (I happen to be a big "Stars" fan), even it doesn't even begin to scratch the grandeur that was LOGH.

Regardless, a part of me feels guilty for not exploring the series sooner. Maybe it's because of folks like me, who wanted to wait until the series was fully subtitled, that this thread was stagnated. But honestly, I think it was worth it. It would have killed me waiting for new episodes. Although I may have burned through it too fast, the experience felt that much closer. History waits for no one, afterall. In that manner, I think the ending was perfect.

What I give the most credit to LOGH for is how it so skillfully crafted both sides. Whether it was Yang or Reinhard, their trials and tribulations felt so personal. I truly did not want to see either lose, which in of itself was probably one of the lessons the series wished to teach. However, there was of course a need to have some sort of central villain for the two sides, so the existence of the Terraists while necessary felt like the weakest link of the story. But I don't really mean that in a negative manner.

Also, Kesler completely won me over as my favorite character by the end. Even Oberstein I felt a certain sense of sympathy for. You could tell just how self-destructive he was for the sake of the Dynasty. I don't think there was anyone I hated; only those that I loved :patriot:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Lord Crapulus posted:

Finally got a chance to watch it, it's fargin' great. Excellent use of Bolero, and lots of good "foreshadowing" for the later parts of the series.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Now that the series is completed, and the movie is subbed, perhaps this thread needs a reboot? Possibly with a banner ad as well. This seriously is one of the best TV space operas ever, animated or otherwise, and almost nobody knows about it even within this very forum.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Nate RFB posted:

Also, Kesler completely won me over as my favorite character by the end. Even Oberstein I felt a certain sense of sympathy for. You could tell just how self-destructive he was for the sake of the Dynasty. I don't think there was anyone I hated; only those that I loved :patriot:

That's such a great strength of the show, that there are virtually innumerable characters who are all respectable choices for one's favorite. By the end even some of the more minor Imperial admirals had some moments. Mecklinger and Eisenach didn't have much to do with the overall plot, but grabbing the doctor by his collar and splashing water in Bittenfeld's face, respectively, put a little more flavor in them than just being the poet and the silent one.

Admiral Bucock, though, holy crap. Now that's what I call dying with honor.

Eronarn
May 15, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Komrade Hitlerstalin posted:

Admiral Bucock, though, holy crap. Now that's what I call dying with honor.

Bucock may have died with honor, but Sitolet kept on fighting with it. Honor... and bees. :clint:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I definitely support a new LOGH thread with banners and poo poo. People need to watch this show. And now that it's finished there's no longer any excuse really.

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
So the wait for new episodes begins again...

Legend of Galactic Heroes Gaiden Episode 1
Legend of Galactic Heroes Gaiden Episode 1 (h264)

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

abbad0n posted:

So the wait for new episodes begins again...

Legend of Galactic Heroes Gaiden Episode 1
Legend of Galactic Heroes Gaiden Episode 1 (h264)

So what exactly is this?

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
These are the side stories (52 episodes?), which are I believe all prequels to the main series.

creamyhorror
Mar 11, 2006

What? H264 in AVI? :downsbravo:

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005

creamyhorror posted:

What? H264 in AVI? :downsbravo:

I just quote the link, not create it. :frogc00l:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah, after I saw the torrent link float around I was going to go in and post about how dumb it was to encode h.264 in an avi. I love you CA but seriously what?

gerogarygaygaygay
May 30, 2004

by DocEvil
In the latest Gurren-Lagaan episode the bridge of the new ship, Cathedral Terra, is a GL-ed version of the bridge of the Brunhilde

And I think someone should do a thread reboot too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Nate RFB posted:

Yeah, after I saw the torrent link float around I was going to go in and post about how dumb it was to encode h.264 in an avi. I love you CA but seriously what?

If there is only one MP3 audio track and hard subs then what's the point of using something else? The video stream data itself is identical. If it offends you just re-mux it to MKV yourself.