Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ebjan
Feb 20, 2004

I think this song is from an English group but the lyrics I think are:

You say we should go out, I say we should go out so lets go out

In the middle of the song it sounds like the singer is using a talk box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I've been hearing this song for a while on classic rock stations...and I'm always too stupid to figure out what the hell the line actually is. It always sounds like "god don't mess with (pause) a son of a bitch." Perhaps... "got no" and "summer" instead, I have no idea. I need new speakers badly.

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

I've been hearing this song for a while on classic rock stations...and I'm always too stupid to figure out what the hell the line actually is. It always sounds like "god don't mess with (pause) a son of a bitch." Perhaps... "got no" and "summer" instead, I have no idea. I need new speakers badly.

That sounds like Nazareth - Hair of the Dog. The lyric is "Now you're messin' with a son of a bitch."

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

LL_Ghoul_J posted:

That sounds like Nazareth - Hair of the Dog. The lyric is "Now you're messin' with a son of a bitch."

Yep, that's the one. Thanks, I'm pretty :downs: with song lyrics...especially at 75mph.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Ebjan posted:

I think this song is from an English group but the lyrics I think are:

You say we should go out, I say we should go out so lets go out

In the middle of the song it sounds like the singer is using a talk box

maybe Elliot Smith - Alphabet Town?

Society!
Jan 24, 2007

What the bourgeoisie therefore produces above all are its own GOLD-DIGGERS
Anybody know what is played between 00:00 and 00:29 of this spoof Alien Ressurection trailer? (Possibly :nws: )

Thanks!

EDIT: Never mind, the music is Marche Slave, Op. 31 (Tchaikovsky).

Society! fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Sep 9, 2007

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Un malheur ne vient jamais seul.
Time for another longshot. This song appears in the music montage at the end of the second episode of Starved. I have the montage music for almost all the episodes figured out; this is the last one. (Whoever made this show LOVES Jill Sobule.) Here are the lyrics that can be heard. I wouldn't be asking, but Google has forsaken me yet again.

The song is one of those laid-back guy-with-effeminate-voice-and-acoustic-guitar songs that sounds a bit like Jack Johnson.

I hear voices, Sound a lot like you.
Speak to me in riddles, from out of the blue.
The dangerous abyss, a lot like us.
I put up my defenses, you whisper in my ear.
I put up my antenna, you come in loud and clear.
Words just for us, mysterious but still I trust.

The communication remain [sic] open at both ends.
Beauty increases as time begins again.
I'll be in two places all the time.

[cut off]

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Tentacle Therapy posted:

Anybody know what is played between 00:00 and 00:29 of this spoof Alien Ressurection trailer? (Possibly :nws: )

Thanks!

EDIT: Never mind, the music is Marche Slave, Op. 31 (Tchaikovsky).

haha, crap, efb. I actually emailed the guy who put up the video and he said it was Marche Slave.

queenoffarts.edu
Nov 11, 2005

Going to try and see if anyone can figure this out from the description of the music video.

It was a hip hop song that was based around the singers neighborhood if I recall. He was riding his bike around his street and rapping about it not in a straight out of Compton type way but just kind of light heartedly. I think Spike Lee directed it but checking the music videos that he gets credit for on Wikipedia and other sites proves pretty useless; they only list a few when I know he has directed a ton.

thehoj
Jan 29, 2003

thehoj posted:

I'm trying to find a song and I only have one lyric from the song.... it is repeated a LOT through the song, so hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about here..

It's kind of a punk style sort of song, Initially I thought it was by Against Me.. I heard it on a college radio station, and I don't remember any lyrics other than the chorus, which is basically just a bunch of guys singing "wh-oa wh-oa wh-oa whoa, wh-oa wh-oa whooooooaaa.. whooooa wh-oa wh-oa wo-ah wo-ah woooaaahh.."

Anyone have any idea what song I'm talking about??

I finally figured it out!

It's by Hot Water Music
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Water_Music

And the song is called "Wayfarer".. For some stupid reason though none of the lyrics websites seem to include the "whoa" choruses.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

queenoffarts.edu posted:

Going to try and see if anyone can figure this out from the description of the music video.

It was a hip hop song that was based around the singers neighborhood if I recall. He was riding his bike around his street and rapping about it not in a straight out of Compton type way but just kind of light heartedly. I think Spike Lee directed it but checking the music videos that he gets credit for on Wikipedia and other sites proves pretty useless; they only list a few when I know he has directed a ton.

there's a more complete list at this site, maybe something will jump out at you

http://www.inmotionmagazine.com/slee2.html

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Analog posted:

Here's one that has been bugging me for years now. Back in late 1999, early 2000 I used to hear a song on an alternative radio station every time I made the 2 1/2 hour drive back and forth from college to my parents house. I've never heard the song anywhere else, only on that one radio station, so it probably wasn't a huge hit or anything. The only thing I somewhat clearly remember about the song at this point is that the lyrics included something like "satellites of fire" or "fire satellites".

Obviously not a lot to go on, but again: 1999/2000-ish, male singer, played on an alternative radio station, lyrics about fire satellites(?).

Maybe P.O.D. - Satellite, came out in 1997

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
There's this rap song I just heard in the cafeteria and I'm pretty sure I've heard before. There's a kind of high pitched voice that sounds muffled and it says MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY over and over. I'm sure it's popular but I haven't listened to top 40 radio in 5 years so please help me out.

PissFilledCumBubble posted:

Maybe P.O.D. - Satellite, came out in 1997

Where did you get that year from? It came out on 9/11

Nut Bunnies fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Sep 11, 2007

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Un malheur ne vient jamais seul.

Captain Charisma posted:

There's this rap song I just heard in the cafeteria and I'm pretty sure I've heard before. There's a kind of high pitched voice that sounds muffled and it says MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY over and over. I'm sure it's popular but I haven't listened to top 40 radio in 5 years so please help me out.
Could it have been "For the Love of Money" by the O'Jays?

Captain Charisma posted:

Where did you get that year from? It came out on 9/11
Wikipedia says... and I find this hard to believe... Satellite came out in February 1997, and Youth of the Nation came out in 2002. How it took five years for a song to get released as a single is beyond me, but I'm guessing there's a discrepancy somewhere.

CloseFriend fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Sep 11, 2007

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

CloseFriend posted:

Could it have been "For the Love of Money" by the O'Jays?

Wikipedia says... and I find this hard to believe... Satellite came out in February 1997, and Youth of the Nation came out in 2002. How it took five years for a song to get released as a single is beyond me, but I'm guessing there's a discrepancy somewhere.

1. No, I know that song. This was a rap song.
2. Well that's clearly bullshit because it says it was recorded in 2001 and on the bottom timeline it says it's from 2001 and Amazon says it's from 9/11/01. I think some dipshit just changed it to his birthday.

Plus I clearly remember Alive was the first single and was released in 2001.

Stotle
Aug 14, 2004
I just heard this some by Lil John and I can't find what its called. In the beginning it samples that sports stadium chant. I don't know if its new or not. Any help would be nice.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Captain Charisma posted:

Maybe 50 Cent - I Get Money?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fbM9EP2G0LM

e:

Captain Charisma posted:

2. Well that's clearly bullshit because it says it was recorded in 2001 and on the bottom timeline it says it's from 2001 and Amazon says it's from 9/11/01. I think some dipshit just changed it to his birthday.

Plus I clearly remember Alive was the first single and was released in 2001.

Yeah, I thought to myself that I remembered it coming out on 9/11 with Slayer's God Hates Us All but I let wikipedia sway me. :(

PissFilledCumBubble fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Sep 11, 2007

Booger Motel
Oct 21, 2004
hay babez
Can someone tell me what song this beat is from at the very end of this video?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Kazm2m_a16M

I think it's a Redman/DJ Kool song, seeing as he played it at Rock the Bells I just don't know which one.

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently it's called Let Me Clear My Throat

Booger Motel fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Sep 11, 2007

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Maybe 50 Cent - I Get Money?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fbM9EP2G0LM

Yeah, I figured it out last night. Thanks.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

This might be kind of obscure but I have a vague memory of being extremely feverishly ill with the flu one day circa 2002 and catching part of a music video on a local cable access channel. I don't think it was a local artist but a decently well produced video by some indie acoustic folkie guy from somewhere else (reminded me a little of the Belle & Sebastian type of style). My feverish state made it hard for me to remember for sure but I think he was skinny, had a dark t-shirt and dark "emo" hair and possibly also a knit cap and I think the video showed him sitting and playing guitar alone in a room (apartment?) in front of an amplifier of some sort. I'm pretty sure there were a lot of quick cuts to different parts of him like his face singing (looking at the floor) and his hands playing the guitar. The only line of lyrics I remember was something like "sitting in a coffee bar" and the vocal melody was pretty repetitive.

Anyway this has been haunting me for years (I didn't particularly care for the song but pieces of its melody got stuck in my head) so in the unlikely event that this rings a bell for anyone, that would be nice.

Nog64
Aug 26, 2007

by XyloJW
OK, I hear this lovely song all the time on the radio (Chicago, mostly Q101 I believe). It's this whiny emo kid yelling about how to dump a boyfriend or something, then it goes to crappy chorus, then a verse about looking pretty. I like to think of it as the whiny, highschool version of Insitutionalized. There wasn't much instrumentation, and the vocals were as really loud yell.

Sexy Randal
Jul 26, 2006

woah

Nog64 posted:

OK, I hear this lovely song all the time on the radio (Chicago, mostly Q101 I believe). It's this whiny emo kid yelling about how to dump a boyfriend or something, then it goes to crappy chorus, then a verse about looking pretty. I like to think of it as the whiny, highschool version of Insitutionalized. There wasn't much instrumentation, and the vocals were as really loud yell.

Sounds like Popular by Nada Surf?

Nog64
Aug 26, 2007

by XyloJW
Yeah that one.

Dr. Pwn
Jul 15, 2005

Money is the blood and soul of men and whosoever has none wanders dead among the living.
quote!=edit

Dr. Pwn fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Sep 12, 2007

polysynth
Dec 12, 2006

rock out
The intro to "color of tempo" by prefuse 73, off one word extinguisher. been trying to find this one for a while, anyone have any ideas as to what it's from? I think the lyrics go

"I'm standing on the curb(cuff) smoke for elevated sound
you can listen if you want in your system let it bump"

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

tacodaemon posted:

This might be kind of obscure but I have a vague memory of being extremely feverishly ill with the flu one day circa 2002 and catching part of a music video on a local cable access channel.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=z7itHHrTty0

Dashboard Confessional - Screaming Infidelities maybe?

warpspeedmind
Aug 2, 2006
Ok, I'll give this a shot since I can't figure this one out.

It sounds like it might be Neil Young (I'm nearly certain), and is a very depressing sounding song, very minimal guitar work through most of it, and this fraction of a line:

"Out of the ??????, and into the black...."

Any ideas?

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

warpspeedmind posted:

Ok, I'll give this a shot since I can't figure this one out.

It sounds like it might be Neil Young (I'm nearly certain), and is a very depressing sounding song, very minimal guitar work through most of it, and this fraction of a line:

"Out of the ??????, and into the black...."

Any ideas?

Google says "Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black)" by Neil Young.

Dr. Pwn
Jul 15, 2005

Money is the blood and soul of men and whosoever has none wanders dead among the living.
Ugh. I just heard this song a couple hours ago, but can't remember the lyrics. As far as I can remember, it involved some woman leaving her boyfriend and there was rain involved and something about one of them either putting or not putting the key under the mat.

Also, I'm almost 99% certain that the song was used in the animated title sequence to some movie or something.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

EDIT: I just remembered some of it.
A [?] for me. (do do do do)
Don't be afraid, [?] not [?] arooooooooooound here

Don't leave a key underneath the [?] for me. (do do do do)
[?] [?] [?] [?] arooooooound here.

EDIT2: I'm an idiot. It's Goodbye by The Postmarks

Dr. Pwn fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Sep 12, 2007

warpspeedmind
Aug 2, 2006

blinkeve1826 posted:

Google says "Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black)" by Neil Young.

Thanks!

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

Not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
I listened to this song yesterday and I wanted to try and catch it for record next time it comes up on my XM radio, but I can't remember the name of the band even though I looked at it while listening.

It's an alternative rock type song, it was about a girl and something like she's a librarian but much more...and they name her in the song but I can't even remember the first name they gave her. The name is part of the recycled refrain. I want to say the last name was "Moon" or something similar sounding.

Any help?

Ducay
Apr 1, 2005
More Cheers, More Beers - That's it, that's all
This is an odd one guys. Ive heard it many times, and it was on a commercial on the radio today, and I had to find out the name of this song.

I think it may be a showtune or something. So basically its a solo male signing it, definate marching tempo, possibly a school anthem or something.

Goes like this
"I've been educated in mathematis, arithmatic....."

He goes on with other courses and such. Like I said, he goes through the subjects quite quick and definatly in a march tempo/beat.

Its fairly well-known song/chant, so hopefully someone can see past my bad explination.

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy

sulley posted:

I listened to this song yesterday and I wanted to try and catch it for record next time it comes up on my XM radio, but I can't remember the name of the band even though I looked at it while listening.

It's an alternative rock type song, it was about a girl and something like she's a librarian but much more...and they name her in the song but I can't even remember the first name they gave her. The name is part of the recycled refrain. I want to say the last name was "Moon" or something similar sounding.

Any help?

This sounds like Deadeye Dick - New Age Girl
http://youtube.com/watch?v=T3zC0K-b7wg

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

Not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

LL_Ghoul_J posted:

This sounds like Deadeye Dick - New Age Girl
http://youtube.com/watch?v=T3zC0K-b7wg

AAAAHHHHH yes thats it thanks :)

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

I've been trying forever to find the name of the stereotypical organ grinder music from about a million cartoons. You know, the guy with the monkey and he turns the crank and this specific song always spills out.

Sort of goes like this:

Bump-a-dump-a-dump-a-dum
Ba-dump-a-dadaladum
Bump-a-dump-a-dadaladump-a-dadaladump-a-dadaladum

Hope that helps. In any case, good luck and thanks in advance.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Ducay posted:

This is an odd one guys. Ive heard it many times, and it was on a commercial on the radio today, and I had to find out the name of this song.

I think it may be a showtune or something. So basically its a solo male signing it, definate marching tempo, possibly a school anthem or something.

Goes like this
"I've been educated in mathematis, arithmatic....."

He goes on with other courses and such. Like I said, he goes through the subjects quite quick and definatly in a march tempo/beat.

Its fairly well-known song/chant, so hopefully someone can see past my bad explination.

could it be Sam Cooke - Wonderful World?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wOHfhP-38OA

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

buyable posted:

The intro to "color of tempo" by prefuse 73, off one word extinguisher. been trying to find this one for a while, anyone have any ideas as to what it's from? I think the lyrics go

"I'm standing on the curb(cuff) smoke for elevated sound
you can listen if you want in your system let it bump"

I think the lyric is "I'm standing on the cusp of an elevated sound", and according to http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_mesg&forum=5&topic_id=1326417&mesg_id=1363288&page= they sampled a line from Diverse's song "Move" from the Move EP.

a glance at Diverse's wikipedia page says

quote:

He has professional relationships with RJD2 and Prefuse 73. He contributed to Prefuse 73's album One Word Extinguisher, rhyming on the track "Plastic"

so obviously he is at least on one track of the album. hope this helps!

Ducay
Apr 1, 2005
More Cheers, More Beers - That's it, that's all

could it be Sam Cooke - Wonderful World?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wOHfhP-38OA

Thanks for the suggestion, but I actually figured it out when I was trying to spew off any words I knew from the song, and then one part popped out "Major General"
and so I googled and lo and behold I have found it.

"I am the Very Model of a Modern Major General" - recorded by many artists.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

MrGreenShirt posted:

I've been trying forever to find the name of the stereotypical organ grinder music from about a million cartoons. You know, the guy with the monkey and he turns the crank and this specific song always spills out.

Sort of goes like this:

Bump-a-dump-a-dump-a-dum
Ba-dump-a-dadaladum
Bump-a-dump-a-dadaladump-a-dadaladump-a-dadaladum

Hope that helps. In any case, good luck and thanks in advance.

This?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Hey, ok so Dinosaur Junior were on MTV2 doing the takeover or whatever, and one of their songs was some kid, singing a song about how he was on a train to record his song when he saw a guy who looked just like (some famous singer who I'd never heard of and cant remember). He sings pretty fast, and the song is essentially about all the self doubt and anxiety about being a singer and how you might not live up to expectations etc, and it culminates with him asking the guy if he is indeed the famous singer, and he takes him and beats him up and leaves him for dead.

I cant find anything online, despite all that, its really frustrating. I can see the video clear as day in my head, and also the tune, but none of the lyrics!