Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Socket Ryanist
Aug 30, 2004

I was at a dance, and the DJ (Genki, if you've heard of him) was having technical difficulties, so he played these two tracks while he was trying to get one of his turntables to work. I can't remember even what genre they were, but good luck:

Track A had a guy kinda-rapping over it (it sounded kinda like a DDR track), and every other line was "go to the rave" or "come to the rave" or something like that.

Track B had a heavily vocoded (or maybe comb-filtered? voice) singing some kind of psychedelic crap about breaking through or whatever, over a really strong driving beat. More distinctively, the vocals never stopped, and it didn't seem like any lines were repeated. I can't remember a single line but there was a "when you" or two in there...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

halonone
Jun 6, 2006

Graviton v2 posted:

Im looking for name/artist of this techno/gabba record that used a drop from the film "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest".

"Im talking about form, im talking about content, im talking about intereltionships, im talking about god, the devil, hell, heaven, do you understand, finally!!!"

It was loving awesome and id love to find it.

Probably from about ... 8-12 years ago.

Hows that for a tricky one!

Tricky, indeed. I'm not 100% on this, but it may be by BK, titled "God the Devil." Having a hard time actually finding the song online for free though. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

halonone posted:

Tricky, indeed. I'm not 100% on this, but it may be by BK, titled "God the Devil." Having a hard time actually finding the song online for free though. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough.
Edit: re-reading their aint no sarcasm, ive just become e-paraniod, sorry old chap.

Graviton v2 fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 20, 2007

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Graviton v2 posted:

Im looking for name/artist of this techno/gabba record that used a drop from the film "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest".

"Im talking about form, im talking about content, im talking about intereltionships, im talking about god, the devil, hell, heaven, do you understand, finally!!!"

Greater Than One - "I Don't Need God" (Cuckoo's Nest sample at 3:24)

KungfooMF
Feb 21, 2002

halonone posted:

"Midnight at the Oasis" by Maria Muldauer?

hahahah, thanks! Dang, that is one cheesy song!

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

FitFortDanga posted:

Thats not it, nice though.

Cuckoo's sample is at very beginning of track, then used throughout.

I realise this is an almost impossible request. Worth a try though!

edit: the Cuckoo's Nest sample defines the track. Its at the start and used throughout.

Graviton v2 fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Sep 20, 2007

halonone
Jun 6, 2006

FitFortDanga posted:

I would assume his to be more correct. There's probably more than one song in this entire world that used such a popular quote, but I am banking on his being the correct one as the one I found seemed pretty obscure.

Edit: Alright maybe not then, haha. I'm not sure, you definitely picked a tough one. I wasn't being sarcastic at all when I said "Tricky, indeed." This is a bitch.

halonone fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Sep 20, 2007

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Socket Ryanist posted:

I was at a dance, and the DJ (Genki, if you've heard of him)

http://asylum.dreamchaos.net/djs.htm

quote:

DJ Genki : Arguably the most noticable name and face in the furry dj circuit, and even the mainstream trancecore circuit,

hahaha

Socket Ryanist
Aug 30, 2004

PissFilledCumBubble posted:

hahaha
Hey, he's pretty good \:shobon:/

Edit: if you like trancecore (sample: http://www.djgenki.com/Neverland.mp3)

Socket Ryanist fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Sep 20, 2007

Butt Reactor
Oct 6, 2005

Even in zero gravity, you're an asshole.

Retroboy posted:

Got a rough idea of how old it is? Bit of a stab in the dark but try Tin Tin Out - Strings For Yasmin.

ooh, that's not it. Close though. I remember hearing it for the first time at a friend's rave back when I was a junior or senior in high school, so it would be at least 3-4 years old. The vocals may not necessarily be Russian, but definitely comes from some famous dramatic opera (German maybe?). poo poo, it would be so much easier if I knew where the vocals were from :(

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Butt Reactor posted:

ooh, that's not it. Close though. I remember hearing it for the first time at a friend's rave back when I was a junior or senior in high school, so it would be at least 3-4 years old. The vocals may not necessarily be Russian, but definitely comes from some famous dramatic opera (German maybe?). poo poo, it would be so much easier if I knew where the vocals were from :(

try looking for songs that sample Carl Orff's Carmina Burana

Butt Reactor
Oct 6, 2005

try looking for songs that sample Carl Orff's Carmina Burana

:aaaaa: Holy loving poo poo, I should give you a medal or something. O Fortune is exactly what I was looking for in the vocals, now I just gotta find the remix of it :haw:

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Butt Reactor posted:

:aaaaa: Holy loving poo poo, I should give you a medal or something. O Fortune is exactly what I was looking for in the vocals, now I just gotta find the remix of it :haw:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_Fortuna#In_Popular_Culture

quote:

Electronica band Apotheosis, released a few versions of a track featuring "O Fortuna" in 1989 which the Orff estate sued to stop the distribution of.

maybe?

Butt Reactor
Oct 6, 2005

I'll be damned, that's it. I listened to the intro a couple times and didn't think it was, but when I found the track somewhere and listened to it in its entirety, it was exactly what I heard. Much thanks, have a cookie:

The Patient
Dec 1, 2005

Lifeless Satellite
Can someone please identify this Rush tune?
Youtube Link

Massive
Apr 8, 2004
Calling all Leftfield fans, I need a track ID! What's the title of this second track?

http://www.tomato.co.uk/tomato.jsp?P=1234716220218490833520376568662044324125622&M=01_leftfield.mp4

Velocirocktor
Oct 18, 2006

And it's just a little bit of Cretaceous Castle Magic

The Patient posted:

Can someone please identify this Rush tune?
Youtube Link

That's La Villa Strangiato off of Hemispheres. The video cuts off the first and last like 90 seconds or so. I had to ask my Rush-nut friend because despite sounding familiar, I couldn't place it.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Massive posted:

Calling all Leftfield fans, I need a track ID! What's the title of this second track?

http://www.tomato.co.uk/tomato.jsp?P=1234716220218490833520376568662044324125622&M=01_leftfield.mp4

a wild guess maybe, but perhaps "A Final Hit"

the same video appears on the cover of their greatest hits cd from a couple years ago

Massive
Apr 8, 2004

a wild guess maybe, but perhaps "A Final Hit"

the same video appears on the cover of their greatest hits cd from a couple years ago

Nah this is just the cover artwork that Tomato did for them... Thanks though! I have all those songs listed on the cover but none are the one I'm looking for.

Retroboy
Jul 12, 2006

Better a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Massive posted:

Its the album version of 'Release The Pressure' - the opening track on the rather awesome 'Leftism'.

capnmurphycrunch
Sep 15, 2006

'IM A COLD BLOODED PUNK!'
This song is hip hop, it sounds like the rappers talkin bout a girl but its really about hip hop records. its considered a classic, possibly by rakim.

St.Shrike
May 16, 2006
I too am a great saint!
Okay, this is vague as hell, but I've been trying to find this song for a while---heavy electronics, female vocals, and the lyrics to the tune of "when we go out tonight, [something something], starlight in your eyes." It sounded sort of like a funky house type song, and a friend at the time I heard it--two years ago--mentioned that it was on a lot of 2005 club mixes. That's all I've got to go on, that and it was heavily played on DMX satellite radio around the same time.

Massive
Apr 8, 2004

Retroboy posted:

Its the album version of 'Release The Pressure' - the opening track on the rather awesome 'Leftism'.

Not to be a bitch but that sounds nothing like it...? Maybe I have a different version?

Midnight Bruiser
Sep 14, 2005

by Ozma
I'm looking for the artist, not a specific song. All of his songs are vocal (I'm not sure he's famous, but I'm sure you've all heard one of his songs sometime), and his lyrics are pretty much impossible, and definitely pointless to read or even sing, because he isn't using real words. The tempo is, if memory serves, fast and he pronounces his... sounds really fast, something like: brrrrplooleelooleee, dudadudaduadoooooo blblblblblb...

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease
Scatman John?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai6Xd6a-2HY

Jet Grind Radio Shack
May 13, 2007

I heard this while on holiday in Spain - it was a remix of 'Speed of Sound' by Coldplay, but with the backing track played solely on what sounded like a bongo, maybe. It had a much more latin kinda beat to it. If anyone can point me in the direction of it or give me the artist's name I'd be really greatful.

Retroboy
Jul 12, 2006

Better a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Massive posted:

Not to be a bitch but that sounds nothing like it...? Maybe I have a different version?

Hmm, I was assuming you meant the second track on the advert for the greatest hits as thats all that appears for me. There are a couple of greyed out buttons to the right but they dont seem to work.

If you could maybe manage to get a recording of it I could try identifying it.

RespectShmaa
Jun 26, 2007

hello boi
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ywZBWROYxJU

Wu-Tang Clan?

Kaws
Aug 11, 2005

capnmurphycrunch posted:

This song is hip hop, it sounds like the rappers talkin bout a girl but its really about hip hop records. its considered a classic, possibly by rakim.

Common - I Used to Love H.E.R.

RespectShmaa posted:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ywZBWROYxJU

Wu-Tang Clan?

GZA - 4th Chamber

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Graviton v2 posted:

'Everybody' by The Boy Wunda. It might not be the one you want, but it uses that sample and it's pretty loving awesome.

Midnight Bruiser
Sep 14, 2005

by Ozma

jeff8472 posted:

Scatman John?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai6Xd6a-2HY

Not exactly Scatman John, but now I know the style is called 'scat singing'. Anyone know of any famous artists and/or songs?

Arwox
Mar 19, 2007

Arwox posted:

This is a hardcore/metalcore heavy song.

I know nothing else about this song other than it has a sound clip from the movie memento in it.

'Im not a killer im just someone who wanted to make things right.'
I think its right before the breakdown

I saw the movie about a week ago, recognized the line but i cannot for the life of me remember what song has the clip. I know ive listened to the song at least a dozen times SOMEWHERE. I cannot find anything.

Figured it out! :woop:

Song was 'Demise' by Into the Moat. Oh, it feels so good.

antishatter
Feb 25, 2006
jawsome with a j
I have not been able to find a song which I believe to be by bad religion. The only line I know is along the lines of "we dont need no bad religion" or something like that.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

antishatter posted:

I have not been able to find a song which I believe to be by bad religion. The only line I know is along the lines of "we dont need no bad religion" or something like that.

Haha, that's not Bad Religion at all--that's Pink Floyd's "Another Brick In The Wall" and the line is "we don't need no education". :)

antishatter
Feb 25, 2006
jawsome with a j

blinkeve1826 posted:

Haha, that's not Bad Religion at all--that's Pink Floyd's "Another Brick In The Wall" and the line is "we don't need no education". :)

No there is a song that speaks about not needing religion.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

antishatter posted:

maybe Bad Religion - God Song

"...religion's just synthetic frippery, unnecessary in our expanding global culture of efficiency."

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Massive posted:

The second track you hear is very clearly Release the Pressure, they are all, in order:

Phat planet
Release the Pressure
Original
Afrika shox
Phat Planet (again)

Edit: My second request (no one got the first, sads) I heard at a Marc Almond dj set. Basically, some thumping dancey stuff, with the lyrics "Everybodies fuckin'. Fuckin' on the dance floor" over and over.

That, and also, theres a remix of E-talking by Soulwax (not the niteversions one) thats entirely instrumental, thats just distorted synth. It was the first remix of it I ever heard, and I've never been able to track it down.

!Klams fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Sep 25, 2007

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

antishatter posted:

The self-titled song?

"Your indecision is your
Bad Religion, regurgitate
Indecision, it's not too late.
Bad Religion, regurgitate"

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

After watching Ocean's Twelve again last night I remembered how much I loved the song the french thief listened to while he danced through the lasers in the museum. After listening through the OST I can't find it anywhere on there, so does anyone have an idea what song that is? Alternativly, if it's an original creation, why didn't they put it on the OST?

*edit: Wikipedia knew the name, "Thé à la Menthe" by La Caution. I am probably the last person on the planet to find out about this.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Sep 25, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy

!Klams posted:

Edit: My second request (no one got the first, sads) I heard at a Marc Almond dj set. Basically, some thumping dancey stuff, with the lyrics "Everybodies fuckin'. Fuckin' on the dance floor" over and over.

this wouldn't be "gently caress me on the dance floor" by Princess Superstar and Disco D, would it?