Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

LL_Ghoul_J posted:

this wouldn't be "gently caress me on the dance floor" by Princess Superstar and Disco D, would it?

Haha, wow, how many tracks along the theme of loving on the dancefloor can there be? Apparently more than one. I should have pointed out it was being sung / spoken by a dude. Thanks anyway!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antishatter
Feb 25, 2006
jawsome with a j

PissFilledCumBubble posted:

maybe Bad Religion - God Song

"...religion's just synthetic frippery, unnecessary in our expanding global culture of efficiency."

This must be it, although it isnt exactly as I remember its probably as close as I will find. Thanks for all of your guys help

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy

!Klams posted:

Haha, wow, how many tracks along the theme of loving on the dancefloor can there be? Apparently more than one. I should have pointed out it was being sung / spoken by a dude. Thanks anyway!

Hm, well now I'm intrigued! If I find anything else, I'll let you know! How many loving-on-dance-floor songs can there be indeed.

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI
Another one of those deals where I can hardly describe it at all, but I'd feel like poo poo if I didn't at least try.

(What I believe to be) a 90s rock hit, with a female lead singer.

The only lyric I can remember sounded like "late at night when I'm lying in bed" or "hurts my head" :raise: and she did a lot of 'falsetto, deep, back to normal singing'

I've tried every single hit I can think of from solo female rock artists, and I'm out of ideas.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Loutre posted:

Another one of those deals where I can hardly describe it at all, but I'd feel like poo poo if I didn't at least try.

The only lyric I can remember sounded like "late at night when I'm lying in bed" or "hurts my head" :raise: and she did a lot of 'falsetto, deep, back to normal singing'

I've tried every single hit I can think of from solo female rock artists, and I'm out of ideas.

Shawn Colvin - Sunny Came Home?

Socket Ryanist
Aug 30, 2004

!Klams posted:

Edit: My second request (no one got the first, sads) I heard at a Marc Almond dj set. Basically, some thumping dancey stuff, with the lyrics "Everybodies fuckin'. Fuckin' on the dance floor" over and over.
"loving on the Dance Floor" by Dirty Sanchez (also be sure to check out "Asymmetric" and "Replicunt")

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI

Shawn Colvin - Sunny Came Home?

No, she had a deeper voice than that, and I don't recall any real story to the song. :smith:

Socket Ryanist
Aug 30, 2004

Loutre posted:

No, she had a deeper voice than that, and I don't recall any real story to the song. :smith:
They say that girl you know she act too tough tough tough, but still I turn out the light, turn out the light?

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy

Loutre posted:

4 Non Blondes, "What's Up"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LiDpMfEeo3Q

Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

I've got a deep trance/breaks track stuck in my head that I'm afraid I'll never be able to identify. It was played during the burn at Alchemy this weekend (I doubt that will help, but maybe there is an off chance someone was there). It's got a breakbeat, but not too breaky...not quite as much as say Hybrid or Way Out West, but definitely more so than your standard 4-to-the-floor trance track. The synth sounds a little like the beginning of the track First State by First State. Also there is a part of the Computer Hell Cobine Mix of UB Devoid by Way Out West that really reminds me of it. You can hear the part here: http://www.last.fm/music/Way+Out+West/_/UB+Devoid+%28Computer+Hell+Cobine+Mix%29 The synth is almost a dead on match.

I'm pretty sure no one will be able to ID this for me, but it's been driving me crazy since Saturday, and I thought I might as well ask.

Emmitt Nervend fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Sep 26, 2007

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI

LL_Ghoul_J posted:

4 Non Blondes, "What's Up"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LiDpMfEeo3Q

You are my loving hero.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Socket Ryanist posted:

"loving on the Dance Floor" by Dirty Sanchez (also be sure to check out "Asymmetric" and "Replicunt")

No loving way, you rule in ways unimaginable! gently caress ME! Haha, thats so the excact track, I'd forgotten he did all the snide remarks and stuff! You star!

Socket Ryanist
Aug 30, 2004

!Klams posted:

No loving way, you rule in ways unimaginable! gently caress ME! Haha, thats so the excact track, I'd forgotten he did all the snide remarks and stuff! You star!
:rolleyes: You're such a black lacquer table

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Socket Ryanist posted:

:rolleyes: You're such a black lacquer table

Excuse me?! You sure talk a lot.

jazz babies
Mar 7, 2007

i'm so glad i found this thread.

there's this one song, i've heard ONCE in my entire life when i was little. i was sitting in my aunt's car, and we got the middle of it, but she turned it off because we were home. and i haven't been able to figure out what song it is. GIS, allmusic, nothing.

it's kind of a slow hair metal ballad type song, think scorpions - wind of change.

all i caught was this:

"(something) (something) sanctuaaaaaaaaaryyyyy...
(something) into the the niiiiiight...
we will shelter you, and -
*off*"

if anyone can find this song for me you have no idea how grateful i'll be.

and it's not "she sells sanctuary" by the cult.

SnackinStarfish
Feb 27, 2007

There's a catchy tune that I can't identify at about 5:33-5:40 in this Tourette's Guy video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vpo7y-MI1g

I think I've also heard it in an episode of Spongebob Squarepants.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

SnackinStarfish posted:

There's a catchy tune that I can't identify at about 5:33-5:40 in this Tourette's Guy video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vpo7y-MI1g

I think I've also heard it in an episode of Spongebob Squarepants.

Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass - Spanish Flea

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease

jazz babies posted:

i'm so glad i found this thread.

there's this one song, i've heard ONCE in my entire life when i was little. i was sitting in my aunt's car, and we got the middle of it, but she turned it off because we were home. and i haven't been able to figure out what song it is. GIS, allmusic, nothing.

it's kind of a slow hair metal ballad type song, think scorpions - wind of change.

all i caught was this:

"(something) (something) sanctuaaaaaaaaaryyyyy...
(something) into the the niiiiiight...
we will shelter you, and -
*off*"

if anyone can find this song for me you have no idea how grateful i'll be.

and it's not "she sells sanctuary" by the cult.

Annette Ducharme (Anet) - Sanctuary

I can't even find a page with a sample of it anywhere. I doubt this song had any airplay outside of Canada.

Cheese Hostess
Apr 8, 2007

This song has been driving me crazy for the past couple days because I suddenly remembered it for no particular reason. I don't think it was even very good, I just want to know what the hell it was.

I think it must've been from the late 90s, 2001 at the very latest because that's when I stopped listening to the radio. It played on a modern rock station - all I can remember is a dude screaming "you think you beat me, you think you beat me", while there's a female MC going "stupid-rear end sucka, such a bad motherfucka" in the background. Google turns up nothing.

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease
Grand Theft Audio - Stupid rear end?

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
Every time I hear this song on the radio I prey they tell me the artist of the song or even the name but they always either cut to a commercial or to a new song. I believe it was made in the early 90's. Its a rap song but its got a reggae feel to it. I cant understand a drat thing the person says but I think the first part of the chorus says "Return of the Man". This lyric is also repeated threw the entire chorus with some other stuff throw in like, "Yeah".

zooted heh fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Sep 28, 2007

Cheese Hostess
Apr 8, 2007

jeff8472 posted:

Grand Theft Audio - Stupid rear end?

That's it, despite me not remembering it correctly at all! Thanks!

Velocirocktor
Oct 18, 2006

And it's just a little bit of Cretaceous Castle Magic

Du5k posted:

Every time I hear this song on the radio I prey they tell me the artist of the song or even the name but they always either cut to a commercial or to a new song. I believe it was made in the early 90's. Its a rap song but its got a reggae feel to it. I cant understand a drat thing the person says but I think the first part of the chorus says "Return of the Man". This lyric is also repeated threw the entire chorus with some other stuff throw in like, "Yeah".

Is it maybe Mark Morrison - Return of the Mack?

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
I love you. Thanks.

jazz babies
Mar 7, 2007

jeff8472 posted:

Annette Ducharme (Anet) - Sanctuary

I can't even find a page with a sample of it anywhere. I doubt this song had any airplay outside of Canada.

holy poo poo, you're GOOD.
i found a clip, but it's not of the part i remember...GOD DAMMIT. i hope it's the right song...

morts
Jan 10, 2006
Dude! Where's my caption?
Help with a funky house track I heard but can't track down for love nor money

lyrics: Get up on your feet, clap your hands. Get up on your feet, it's a brand new dance"

missed_again
Nov 8, 2005
okay this one should be easy, basically its a music video were a punk band is dressed
like the crew of a ship but they are on a small stage with cut out boat and cut out layered waves and its all got a very dark sense to it. apparenly the song was pretty popular recently too.

Ruination
Apr 2, 2005

missed_again posted:

okay this one should be easy, basically its a music video were a punk band is dressed
like the crew of a ship but they are on a small stage with cut out boat and cut out layered waves and its all got a very dark sense to it. apparenly the song was pretty popular recently too.
The Band is Blue October and the the song is Into the ocean.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

This is for a band name I've forgotten. They were an electronic group from Florida (Orlando maybe) in the late 90's. I think their name had "Soul" in it somewhere. They produced funky breakbeat with a lot of organic, farty sounding noises.

Spider Crusoe
Jan 30, 2005

There's two songs (house or a similar style) I'm looking for, and they may have been made by the same artist. The only real identifying info I can give is describing the music videos. The first one had a disco vibe to it, and it took place in a bowling alley with a guy that had a bowling bowl for a head. The second video used elapsed-time footage, and it showed some people working jobs at a grocery store during the day, and then dancing during the night.

J A V A
Feb 25, 2007

I could think about computer programming forever up here. aw crud.
It's a folk-punk sort of band. The only lyrics I can remember are "this is what I want", which they repeat several times, and something about "banging on guitars". Someone help me out please.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I posted this in that small questions thread in Ask/Tell but didn't get an answer:

I'm looking for a song/music video.

It was fairly popular on MTVu in the early half of 2005. Simplified, the song was fairly straight rock. It was a black and white video. It had the band rocking out in a room, but the main focus of the video was a teenage-aged girl running around an eastern European town as the Nazis(?) invaded. At the end she stands in front of a tank, which shoots her down. The end of the video has a black screen with a dedication to a girl.

I believe the band's name was one word, and it might've started with a K or a C.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

missed_again posted:

This also might be Senses Fail - Rum is for Drinking, Not for Burning.

ge.hale
Feb 1, 2006

Sick Puppies - All the Same

Thanks buddy!

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Spider Crusoe posted:

There's two songs (house or a similar style) I'm looking for, and they may have been made by the same artist. The only real identifying info I can give is describing the music videos. The first one had a disco vibe to it, and it took place in a bowling alley with a guy that had a bowling bowl for a head. The second video used elapsed-time footage, and it showed some people working jobs at a grocery store during the day, and then dancing during the night.

I think the first one is Modjo - Chillin'.

Spider Crusoe
Jan 30, 2005

The Human Cow posted:

I think the first one is Modjo - Chillin'.
Sweet, that's it! I've been looking for that and this for awhile now, so now I can do a dance. The latter is actually what I was thinking of as the second video, but there's no grocery store in it. There must a third song out there that I need to find.

Socket Ryanist
Aug 30, 2004

I'm searching for an electrohouse track. It had a driving beat with a very distorted synth lead following a chord progression that reminds me vaguely of "Verdis Quo" by daft punk". It was on someone's ipod and the word "Casio" was somewhere in the title/album/artist, but that may have been the name of a DJ or the mix or something, so that might not be useful.

Italian Stalin
Jul 4, 2003

You-a gonna get-a purged!
There's this song about a guy who was walking down a beach and finds a box/chest/container of some sort with a thing in it, and the song is basically about how he goes around showing people this thing in the box and their horrified reactions to it. Now, whenever the lyrics reach the point where they would say what was in the box, whatever the "thing" was would have a series of knee slaps or thumps played instead of actually saying what this thing was.

Ring any bells?

Italian Stalin fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Oct 9, 2007

DaveSpillings
Jul 31, 2007

"I'll just get a glass of orange juice." "no no no NO NO!!!"
Alright, there was this really stupid, catchy and fun early 90's-sounding funk/r&b song that played on the local college station earlier this year during a show on music from Latin America where the DJ is either faking an accent or is really from there and can hardly speak English. I saved the song from the station's archives, but even though I have no idea what it is uploading it might be :filez:, so I transcribed the lyrics real quick.

We're having a ball, the party's on
Everybody's wall to wall
Dancing everywhere, letting down the hair
The music feels so good, let's wake up the neighborhood

Let's get this party on
We're moving on and on

You came just like me
Everybody here is glad they came
You came just like me
We all dance to the beat just the same

Everybody here has got a reason
I said, "What they doing here?"
Rocking down the house, shaking the rafters
Dancing like they never danced before

Let's get this party on
We're moving on and on
Well, we got this party going
We're here all night long

You came just like me
Everybody here is glad they came
You came just like me
We all dance to the beat just the same

As long as the feeling's right we'll stay right here all night
We come to town!

(Ends with a silly rap)

Any guesses?

Edit:

Toyotadon posted:

It's a folk-punk sort of band. The only lyrics I can remember are "this is what I want", which they repeat several times, and something about "banging on guitars". Someone help me out please.

I bet you're thinking of "This is what I want" by This Bike is a Pipe Bomb

DaveSpillings fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Oct 2, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chachu
Jul 4, 2007

cuttin' cat faces in the pines.
I might not even recognise this song if somebody manages to figure out what it is, but I'm looking for a song that was popular last October or November. It played on 94.7 in Portland a few times and I thought for sure that it was Interpol but the DJ said otherwise. There may have been a line about cutting or bleeding or the beach or killing his girlfriend. Sorry it's so vague, but I can assure you that whoever it was sounded almost EXACTLY like Interpol.

The other song I'm looking for was in a commercial for (probably Dell) laptops and every scene featured a different colour with a different laptop.