Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

Who can find a virtuous woman,
For her price is far above rubies.

Deceptor101 posted:

I take it this is other attention than a vigorous petting of the head area? Other times I'll just playfully chase Annie around the living room, I can tell it's playing because she'll do a happy dance while running away. One thing I've noticed Annie likes (as odd as it is) is she loves to play in my hanging shorts whilst I'm putting them on, so I dunno maybe dangling some large fabric type thing over Bitsy while she dances around in it, kinda like a cat and string. Maybe my bun is just weird though =P

it's weird. She keeps on pushing against me. I lean over to pet her and she looks away and shuns me a bit then goes away. Then a minute later she comes back and if I don't lean over right away she digs at my foot. Paterson comes over next and headbutts me. But he's a fraidy puss and doesn't even really let me pet him. I was trying to play with her yesterday by rubbing her nose with a piece of a book that she ripped apart to play tug of war. She would eat a bit of the page and I would pull it away. Then she got really annoyed and shook her head like a monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunburnt_aphid
Nov 25, 2004

I feel like The Man hopping into my wonderful Wario Car. Whatever!! I don't care!

girlscoutdropout posted:

bunny answers

Thank you very much for answering my questions. I will certainly adopt from a humane society, and always keep her inside. I read that a bunny can be literally scared to death by a predator, and being outside in the rain or wind, even if covered sounds lonely and boring. My bun will have a good caretaker friend in me! :)

DOOM Rabbit
Jan 10, 2003

THIS IS JUST TOO MUCH TO RESIST!
I HAVE HEAD EXPLODY!!

Deceptor101 posted:

I take it this is other attention than a vigorous petting of the head area? Other times I'll just playfully chase Annie around the living room, I can tell it's playing because she'll do a happy dance while running away. One thing I've noticed Annie likes (as odd as it is) is she loves to play in my hanging shorts whilst I'm putting them on, so I dunno maybe dangling some large fabric type thing over Bitsy while she dances around in it, kinda like a cat and string. Maybe my bun is just weird though =P

It's good to know my rabbit isn't the only one that follows things around like a cat. She used to run in circles around this monkey toy I gave her. I need to wash her monkey. She also used to follow a laser pointer around but got bored with it pretty quickly when she discovered she couldn't chew on the little red dot.

alucinor
May 21, 2003

Taco Defender

sunburnt_aphid posted:

How much do bunnies cost? How does a person go about finding a bunny breeder or humane society to adopt them? Or is it still good to get one from PetSmart? I've been thinking about a bunny for awhile, but I want to be sure I know all about how to care for them first. I don't even know if they are supposed to get shots or how long they live! What is the official name for bunnies, is it Domesticated Rabbit?

I've noticed that some pictures show open topped pens, can't rabbits hop over them easily?

https://www.rabbit.org will answer all of these questions. You literally need to read every single link in the FAQ until you have it memorized: If you are totally unfamiliar with rabbits, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do about *six months* of research before adopting one. Do NOT buy from a breeder or petstore. Tell me your zip code and I will tell you the nearest rescue or shelter, they will help you with your education.

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

What fun is a project if it doesn't at least slightly ruin your life?

sunburnt_aphid posted:

Thank you very much for answering my questions. I will certainly adopt from a humane society, and always keep her inside. I read that a bunny can be literally scared to death by a predator, and being outside in the rain or wind, even if covered sounds lonely and boring. My bun will have a good caretaker friend in me! :)

One interesting statistic I heard which helps explain why rabbits are so on edge is that: A rabbit has so much strength in it's hind legs, that if scared enough, they can kick hard enough to break their own back. I'd be a little worried about the world if my own reflexes could kill me too. I'm off to pick up Ben and Annie, pictures upon my return!

girlscoutdropout
Dec 10, 2005

In my spare time I hypnotize bunnies.

Deceptor101 posted:

One interesting statistic I heard which helps explain why rabbits are so on edge is that: A rabbit has so much strength in it's hind legs, that if scared enough, they can kick hard enough to break their own back. I'd be a little worried about the world if my own reflexes could kill me too.

This is really interesting, I just assumed they died of a bunny heart attack or something.

quote:

I'm off to pick up Ben and Annie, pictures upon my return!

Hurry! Must. Need. Cute. Bunny. Pictures.

(I'm also jealous that someone else did the bonding for you, did they say anything about what to do when you get home? Annie might get territorial once back at home, please be careful!)

girlscoutdropout
Dec 10, 2005

Okay, I made a whole thread about this, but barely anyone replied. Does anyone here know anything about sugar gliders? Specifically if it's okay if they are living in the same house as 2 rabbits? I'd be keeping them on opposite sides of the house, never let them come in contact with another, and making sure I wash my hands between petting the other species.

Here's the thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2634597

Thanks!

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

girlscoutdropout posted:

Hurry! Must. Need. Cute. Bunny. Pictures.

(I'm also jealous that someone else did the bonding for you, did they say anything about what to do when you get home? Annie might get territorial once back at home, please be careful!)

Well they barely did any bonding at Save a bunny I couldn't have, what they really did that helped is put Annie through speed dating and found her a perfect match. These two have only been together since mid Wednesday and they slept together last night with no fighting! As far as the territorial thing goes, I purposefully set up a pen in the kitchen(where annie doesn't venture) that they can both hang out in. Annie doesn't seem territorial at all, she's more comfortable because I think she recognizes the smell of the house and Ben's still all new to it. With that said, PICTURES:

force snuggle (i hear it helps )

and sorry, don't know a single thing about Sugar Gliders, there's no sites out there?

*QUICK CUTE UPDATE UPDATE* I think Ben is getting more comfy!

Deceptor101 fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Sep 28, 2007

girlscoutdropout
Dec 10, 2005

Deceptor101 posted:

and sorry, don't know a single thing about Sugar Gliders, there's no sites out there?

*QUICK CUTE UPDATE UPDATE* I think Ben is getting more comfy!

No, I can't find any sites about sugar gliders and rabbits.

Yay for Ben! I love seeing happy rabbits!!

SpaceMonkey
Jul 11, 2006
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
bubbles my something/dwarf buddy:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I know it can't be normal for a rabbit to have as messy a butt as Momo does, and he doesn't get that many vege treats. But Momo seems to like peeing and sitting his butt right in the puddle so that his fur gets clumpy and he needs a bath. What gives? The rabbits at the zoo are fed a high-protein alfafa diet with tons of greens, and I never see them (bonded girl rabbits) with any clumped fur. Momo, on the other hand, gets grasses and timothy hay pellets and some veges here and there (he used to get a lot more, but he got the runny poops very fast). What gives?

girlscoutdropout
Dec 10, 2005

TheDeadKnow posted:

I know it can't be normal for a rabbit to have as messy a butt as Momo does, and he doesn't get that many vege treats. But Momo seems to like peeing and sitting his butt right in the puddle so that his fur gets clumpy and he needs a bath. What gives? The rabbits at the zoo are fed a high-protein alfafa diet with tons of greens, and I never see them (bonded girl rabbits) with any clumped fur. Momo, on the other hand, gets grasses and timothy hay pellets and some veges here and there (he used to get a lot more, but he got the runny poops very fast). What gives?

Are you giving lots of fruits or raisins? He may just have GI problems in general. My Jack does, so I sprinkle this powder on his veggies every day. I give it to Lucy too because it's just good for their over-all digestion.

girlscoutdropout
Dec 10, 2005

SpaceMonkey posted:

This is the cutest picture ever! I just want to pet that little nose!

quote:

What plant is that?

SpaceMonkey
Jul 11, 2006
marijuana.

girlscoutdropout
Dec 10, 2005

SpaceMonkey posted:

marijuana.

That was my guess.

Not to be an idiot, but isn't that harmful?

SpaceMonkey
Jul 11, 2006

girlscoutdropout posted:

That was my guess.

Not to be an idiot, but isn't that harmful?

not really, he only gets some about 3 times a year and properly flushed of all nutrients.

sunburnt_aphid
Nov 25, 2004

I feel like The Man hopping into my wonderful Wario Car. Whatever!! I don't care!

alucinor posted:

https://www.rabbit.org will answer all of these questions. You literally need to read every single link in the FAQ until you have it memorized: If you are totally unfamiliar with rabbits, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do about *six months* of research before adopting one. Do NOT buy from a breeder or petstore. Tell me your zip code and I will tell you the nearest rescue or shelter, they will help you with your education.

I live in North Seattle, zip 98125. I'm not adopting a bunny until after I've moved, so I have many months to prepare. I think it would be a good idea to visit the shelter before the trip to adopt one, to get as much information as possible. I will start with an older rabbit, one who needs a home and love very much. I got the idea from my friend Kelly, who has a little black bunny. He's adorable, and I've raised mice and dwarf hamsters before, I have a liking for small animals, even though I know a rabbit is much different than a mouse.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

girlscoutdropout posted:

Are you giving lots of fruits or raisins? He may just have GI problems in general. My Jack does, so I sprinkle this powder on his veggies every day. I give it to Lucy too because it's just good for their over-all digestion.

Actually, he doesn't get any fruit or raisins...just a small bit of bread once in a while.

girlscoutdropout
Dec 10, 2005

TheDeadKnow posted:

Actually, he doesn't get any fruit or raisins...just a small bit of bread once in a while.

I really wouldn't recommend giving bread, but I still don't think that's the reason for the poopy butt. Maybe time for a vet visit?

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

amagad, buns are snuggling on their own now! I looove having two buns and I'm so happy it's going this well!

They're even forming a heart! I didn't even put em in this position, they just wanted to snuggle.
ground view:

one thing I've noticed is that Ben doesn't seem to close his eyes during bliss as much as Annie does. Gosh I love buns

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

girlscoutdropout posted:

I really wouldn't recommend giving bread, but I still don't think that's the reason for the poopy butt. Maybe time for a vet visit?

Perhaps it is. :( Damnit, the last time he had a poopy butt I was told it was because he was getting too many greens! No more bread for you, Momo...more grasses sound better.

DOOM Rabbit
Jan 10, 2003

THIS IS JUST TOO MUCH TO RESIST!
I HAVE HEAD EXPLODY!!

Deceptor101 posted:

amagad, buns are snuggling on their own now! I looove having two buns and I'm so happy it's going this well!

They're even forming a heart! I didn't even put em in this position, they just wanted to snuggle.
ground view:

one thing I've noticed is that Ben doesn't seem to close his eyes during bliss as much as Annie does. Gosh I love buns

My two do the heart thing as well. I can never remember to grab a camera to capture it.

My second rabbit (also named Ben) doesn't close his eyes, either. I've had him since January and my thought was that he's just more skittish so he's less comfortable closing his eyes. Moblin, however, has been living with me since she was a tiny bun and is just super laid-back. Earlier today Ben heard a thumping beat coming from the other room and got very upset and started thumping back at it.

Does anyone else know if the lack of eye closing is related to environment comfort level or if it's just a bunny personality thing?

SpaceMonkey
Jul 11, 2006

Deceptor101 posted:

Someone needs to keep an eye out for the sneaky human's. :ninja:

DS at Night
Jun 1, 2004

alucinor posted:

http://www.rabbit.org is the DEFINITIVE source. Anything that contradicts that is just plain wrong. ;)

The faqs were a lot of help but the stories written from the rabbit's perspective were kind of weirding me out.

Whoever mentioned a stick ball in this thread, what a wonderful idea. My bunny loves his so much he mowed right through the thing in a couple of days. And he's not ripping up my carpet anymore.

The kind of questions I have aren't really in a FAQ anywhere though. I find it very difficult to tell what a rabbit is thinking. Is he enjoying sitting in my lap, is he scared of me when he bolts, am I playing with him or annoying him... I know the basic things: if he relaxes and closes his eyes when I pet him he's probably liking it, clicking his teeth I'm assuming is a sign of being content, licking my face is affection.
But some other tips would be nice. Does anybody else's rabbit dance back and forth going "oop"? If he nudges me with his nose how do I know what he wants?

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

sorry for the incessant posts, but I realize now that having a single bun is great, but having two buns, who are just so happy in each other's company that they can just sit, and be content, it's so great to see. Annie has seemed so much happier and more peaceful since we got home with Ben. I recommend it heavily to anyone who just has one bunny and has a shelter nearby that you can bring em to for speed dating.

girlscoutdropout
Dec 10, 2005

Here's the next two additions to my household:

Lizzie: OOP (Out of Pouch) 8/11/07
Juliet: OOP 8/2/07

I need help naming them!

I pick them up Saturday!

(I'm suppose to be sent better pictures soon)

*I also made a whole thread about this, but had to share it on here too!*

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

girlscoutdropout posted:

Here's the next two additions to my household:

Lizzie: OOP (Out of Pouch) 8/11/07
Juliet: OOP 8/2/07

I need help naming them!

I pick them up Saturday!

(I'm suppose to be sent better pictures soon)

*I also made a whole thread about this, but had to share it on here too!*

Oh god those are cute! So I assume you found your answer about them and bunnies? I'm curious what the restrictions are.

Solar Jetman
Dec 13, 2004

monsters get slain
--

Solar Jetman fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Mar 30, 2011

girlscoutdropout
Dec 10, 2005

Deceptor101 posted:

Oh god those are cute! So I assume you found your answer about them and bunnies? I'm curious what the restrictions are.

Yeah, basically as long as they don't live in the same room, come in contact with one another, and I wash my hands before petting the other, they'll be fine.

a gaylord faget posted:

Anyone have any experience with bunny bald spots?
About a week ago, I was pulling loose hair from my bun (a mini rex if it matters) and a whole lot was coming out from her right butt/flank. Not at all near her butthole, but more like maybe her thigh?? I don't think it was me being overzealous with grooming because she seemed cheerful while I was doing it.

I didn't notice until later but the area is completely bald. The skin looks healthy and pink, like a chicken breast :3:

Is this part of normal molting or should I be concerned and ask the vet for more help?

Umm...I don't think that's normal. I would definitely go see a vet.

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

a gaylord faget posted:

Anyone have any experience with bunny bald spots?
About a week ago, I was pulling loose hair from my bun (a mini rex if it matters) and a whole lot was coming out from her right butt/flank. Not at all near her butthole, but more like maybe her thigh?? I don't think it was me being overzealous with grooming because she seemed cheerful while I was doing it.

I didn't notice until later but the area is completely bald. The skin looks healthy and pink, like a chicken breast :3:

Is this part of normal molting or should I be concerned and ask the vet for more help?

Annie's a "mini"rex (we're working on the weight) and her butt area gets those kinda half-out tufts, but most of it won't really pull out, so this is not normal for rex's methinks. Definitely take her to the vet and get it checked.

Solar Jetman
Dec 13, 2004

monsters get slain
^Thanks.
My roommate who is familiar with dogs mentioned something about hot spots, maybe it's a bunny hot spot. :S Poor rabbet...

alucinor
May 21, 2003

Taco Defender

sunburnt_aphid posted:

I live in North Seattle, zip 98125. I'm not adopting a bunny until after I've moved, so I have many months to prepare. I think it would be a good idea to visit the shelter before the trip to adopt one, to get as much information as possible. I will start with an older rabbit, one who needs a home and love very much. I got the idea from my friend Kelly, who has a little black bunny. He's adorable, and I've raised mice and dwarf hamsters before, I have a liking for small animals, even though I know a rabbit is much different than a mouse.

This sounds like a good plan. One of the best things you can do is offer to *foster* bunnies for a while before you adopt. The rescue will provide supplies and guidance every step of the way. It also lets you meet lots of different bunnies so you can get a sense of which personality works best for you: for example, you may initially want a dwarf but after some fostering you find that they're too high-energy, and a lazy ol New Zealand is really what you want. :)

You have an HRS chapter right near you: Seattle HRS. I'd start with them. Go ahead and make contact now - let them know you're starting your search early with lots of background reading, that impresses them. They may invite you to come meet some bunnies at events and just talk about what you're looking for.

The Seattle Shelter also does rabbit adoptions and they seem to do it well. You have to be more wary of shelters than rescues, as county shelters are really hit-and-miss for knowledge, as several people in this thread have seen. :( But these folks do spay and neuter and are familiar enough with intros to know that not all re-intros work out. They'd be a good second choice.

NMR posted:

The faqs were a lot of help but the stories written from the rabbit's perspective were kind of weirding me out.

Yeah I actually hate that, both because it's just annoying, and because it gives people the false sense that these are little humans in fur coats.

NMR posted:

The kind of questions I have aren't really in a FAQ anywhere though. I find it very difficult to tell what a rabbit is thinking. Is he enjoying sitting in my lap, is he scared of me when he bolts, am I playing with him or annoying him... I know the basic things: if he relaxes and closes his eyes when I pet him he's probably liking it, clicking his teeth I'm assuming is a sign of being content, licking my face is affection.
But some other tips would be nice. Does anybody else's rabbit dance back and forth going "oop"? If he nudges me with his nose how do I know what he wants?

It's very hard to learn this, basically it takes time and observation. There are a few guides that are about 50% humor and 50% accurate.

The dancing (I always interpreted that noise as "whuh whuh whuh") is PAY ATTENTION TO ME. In an intact male it may mean "I am getting ready to rape your feet".

Nose nudging - a (neutered) rabbit only ever wants two things - food and petting. Nudging is probably for petting, nipping for food.

Interestingly, the licking isn't affection so much as an attempt to get you to engage in allogrooming: I lick you, now you lick (pet) me. A rabbit who licks is more submissive than one who just lowers his head until he gets petted - typically in a bonded pair, the sub does most of the grooming and the dom just sits there and enjoys it.

a gaylord faget: Rexes can be prone to hair loss if their diet isn't perfectly balanced, nutrientwise. You may need to change the diet and supplement with something (depending on which deficiency is found). For one of my minirexes it was amino acid drops; she had been on a sugar and fat diet for about 6 years. Looked like a bowling ball with a head. Definitely check with the vet.

girlscoutdropout
Dec 10, 2005

alucinor posted:

"I am getting ready to rape your feet".

This made me literally "laugh out loud."

quote:

the sub does most of the grooming and the dom just sits there and enjoys it.

And then the dom bites the subs face and they go at it in bunny war (at least in my household).

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

girlscoutdropout posted:

And then the dom bites the subs face and they go at it in bunny war (at least in my household).

This makes me sad, you didn't have the luxury I had when getting my second bun, you literally rescued him, it's just too bad you have one of the really unlikely long-term bonds. Annie and Ben have been stupidly easy so far. They're already living in the same cage as of tonight! Don't lose hope though, everything I've read has told me that all rabbits are eventually bond-able, it just takes lots of patience and time, which you seem to have an admirable amount of :).

girlscoutdropout
Dec 10, 2005

Deceptor101 posted:

This makes me sad, you didn't have the luxury I had when getting my second bun, you literally rescued him, it's just too bad you have one of the really unlikely long-term bonds. Annie and Ben have been stupidly easy so far. They're already living in the same cage as of tonight! Don't lose hope though, everything I've read has told me that all rabbits are eventually bond-able, it just takes lots of patience and time, which you seem to have an admirable amount of :).

Thanks, I really needed to hear that. I guess in the scheme of things, 6-8 months of bondning is nothing compared to the 10+ years I will have them. I just don't understand what Lucy's deal is, Jack tries to be sweet, he grooms her an everything. She's just my little attack bunny.

alucinor
May 21, 2003

Taco Defender

girlscoutdropout posted:

Thanks, I really needed to hear that. I guess in the scheme of things, 6-8 months of bondning is nothing compared to the 10+ years I will have them. I just don't understand what Lucy's deal is, Jack tries to be sweet, he grooms her an everything. She's just my little attack bunny.

We've been trying to bond Noelle to Flax - on and off - since Summer of 2006. This February I finally got them both back from foster and decided to do it myself. They bonded in mid-August. So don't give up!

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

So I went by the animal shelter where I walk dogs (and where I found Annie) and just before leaving I think, "wonder if they have any bunnies?" So I walk over, and they have the most adorable boy mini-rex. He was almost starved to death before they found him, so hes still a bit light, but he's very cute, loves to be pet, box-trained and seemed comfortable being held. If any PI Bay Area, CA readers are looking for a bunny please go by the Berkeley Animal Care Services (http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/animalservices/) It's really not a great shelter for rabbits at all, so hurry!

Also, anyone have any real luck with name recognition? Ben doesn't respond at all, and sometimes Annie seems to, but other times there's nothing, so I'm not sure. Is it worth trying for or do they lack that cognitive ability?

Deceptor101 fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Oct 4, 2007

alucinor
May 21, 2003

Taco Defender

Deceptor101 posted:

Also, anyone have any real luck with name recognition? Ben doesn't respond at all, and sometimes Annie seems to, but other times there's nothing, so I'm not sure. Is it worth trying for or do they lack that cognitive ability?

They lack the cognitive ability to learn their names, as they don't have a sense of self the way humans do. However, they *do* have an amazing ability to learn almost ANYTHING if food is involved, so you just need to associate a sound with food. So if you call "Ben & Annie" EVERY time you have food - using the SAME tone and SAME phrases - you'll eventually get a response.

My 7 year old New Zealand, Roo, ignores any variant of his name except "Rooooooooster!" because that's how I greeted him for about 2 years when I brought him his dinner. So if he's sleeping in his hay box and I want to wake him up, we can play this game:

Roo!
(no response)
Roooo!
(one ear goes up)
Rooooo-roooooo!
(eyes half open)
Rooooooooooster!
(leaps into a joyful dinner dance, followed by pouting when he realizes there's no food)

angelicism
Dec 1, 2004
mmmbop.

I feel terribly because I haven't been able to a) set up a bigger living area for my bunny yet (living issues; I was supposed to get a loft built in my room and it's hard getting it organized/done), b) letting her have more play time. Work has made me exhausted so I usually come home, let her out for an hour or so, and then meander my way to passing out. I assume this is nowhere near enough playtime, since she's still in a cage most of the day.

A 'playpen' area doesn't look like it's going to happen for at least a few weeks, because it has to be made post-loft (not enough room on the floor right now), and I'm too exhausted to watch her for more than an hour or two because she still hasn't gotten the hang of being litter trained. And she always pees the 2 seconds I'm not looking. :/ I figure part of it is she definitely still associates her cage as being caged, and I'll have better luck when I build her a pen area.

Is she going to get depressed in this period? This lack of time thing has been for the last week or two and I remember reading that bunnies get depressed easily, which scares me. Also, she still doesn't like any toys I've got her -- I got some of those bird toys to dangle from the ceiling of the cage for her to chew on if she likes -- so she's clearly bored all day too. I can't get her interested in anything but chewing on my pants. While they're on me. Which is really cute but shouldn't be encouraged.

Loft --> bunny pen --> litter training --> bunny friend. I hope this happens in the next some weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

angelicism posted:

I feel terribly because I haven't been able to a) set up a bigger living area for my bunny yet (living issues; I was supposed to get a loft built in my room and it's hard getting it organized/done), b) letting her have more play time. Work has made me exhausted so I usually come home, let her out for an hour or so, and then meander my way to passing out. I assume this is nowhere near enough playtime, since she's still in a cage most of the day.

A 'playpen' area doesn't look like it's going to happen for at least a few weeks, because it has to be made post-loft (not enough room on the floor right now), and I'm too exhausted to watch her for more than an hour or two because she still hasn't gotten the hang of being litter trained. And she always pees the 2 seconds I'm not looking. :/ I figure part of it is she definitely still associates her cage as being caged, and I'll have better luck when I build her a pen area.

Is she going to get depressed in this period? This lack of time thing has been for the last week or two and I remember reading that bunnies get depressed easily, which scares me. Also, she still doesn't like any toys I've got her -- I got some of those bird toys to dangle from the ceiling of the cage for her to chew on if she likes -- so she's clearly bored all day too. I can't get her interested in anything but chewing on my pants. While they're on me. Which is really cute but shouldn't be encouraged.

Loft --> bunny pen --> litter training --> bunny friend. I hope this happens in the next some weeks.

When she's running around in the room, has she come out of her cage on her own? Or do you take her out. I noticed this had a huge effect on Annie and her peeing places she shouldn't. In her old cage I had to take her out of it, so she couldn't enter and exit freely, so her mind treated wherever she was as a "new home" and she was forced to find/make a new litterbox wherever she was. Ever since she's done all the exploring and mapped out the routes in her head, she's never done anything outside of the cage.

As far as the bored/depressed thing, I had Annie in a lovely little cage (wish I'd known better before spending 70$ on it) for at least 2 months, and her only out time was in the yard or in my lap. I could tell she was a little depressed, but my situation didn't allow me to do anything else. Once I finished the cube cage she seemed to just bound back immediately and she was so much friendlier and happier. If your time frame isn't too long,I'd say just do the best you can for now, and she should be alright. As far as toys go, since she likes pants, have you tried buying some 2$ ones from a thrift shop and seeing if she likes them despite not being on you? Cheap popular items in my house are pinecones, toilet paper/paper towel rolls, and apple twigs which I made myself. What size cage does she have right now anyways? That could make a huge difference for this transitional period.