Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psychodude
Nov 12, 2004
You do realize you're not wearing any pants, right?

Biaxident posted:

Integrated features are weeeeeeeeird. Haha. Tard.
I was trying to say that that option takes away MY edit button as well. I don't think that's intentional.

Edit:With "remove edit button" unchecked.

With it checked.

Psychodude fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Oct 2, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedKazan
Apr 4, 2003

Psychodude posted:

I was trying to say that that option takes away MY edit button as well. I don't think that's intentional.

I can't seem to replicate this problem. Open about :config and tell me what your extensions.salastread.username and extensions.salastread.userId are set to. For the username, right click, copy value, and paste in between " quotes so we can be sure there is no excess whitespace.

Psychodude
Nov 12, 2004
You do realize you're not wearing any pants, right?

RedKazan posted:

I can't seem to replicate this problem. Open about :config and tell me what your extensions.salastread.username and extensions.salastread.userId are set to. For the username, right click, copy value, and paste in between " quotes so we can be sure there is no excess whitespace.
extensions.salastread.username is set to "Psychodude" and userID is set to "0". I think it's safe to say that the userID value is wrong. Does that help?

RedKazan
Apr 4, 2003

Psychodude posted:

extensions.salastread.username is set to "Psychodude" and userID is set to "0". I think it's safe to say that the userID value is wrong. Does that help?

The script uses your ID for comparison, try setting it to 68607 (your ID).

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
I've scoured the SALR options like 4 times, but I still can't figure out how to disable SALR from telling me "last xx" on the page line in the thread listings.

Essentially this: Pages: 1234567 ... Last (12)

How do I disable the (12)?

RedKazan
Apr 4, 2003

bobfather posted:

I've scoured the SALR options like 4 times, but I still can't figure out how to disable SALR from telling me "last xx" on the page line in the thread listings.

Essentially this: Pages: 1234567 ... Last (12)

How do I disable the (12)?

That's not something that can be disabled currently, does it really bother you that much?

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

RedKazan posted:

That's not something that can be disabled currently, does it really bother you that much?

I'm on a relatively slow Mac, and any page redraws that Firefox has to do can be really frustrating. There was this point of time where the top menu (where Configure SALR is) was wide enough on a 1024x768 screen that when SALR inserted "Configure SALR" up there it would overflow another line and push the entire contents of the page down, and was always causing me to click in the wrong places.

This problem is not nearly as severe, but I like to be able to control for page redraws.

RedKazan
Apr 4, 2003

bobfather posted:

I'm on a relatively slow Mac, and any page redraws that Firefox has to do can be really frustrating. There was this point of time where the top menu (where Configure SALR is) was wide enough on a 1024x768 screen that when SALR inserted "Configure SALR" up there it would overflow another line and push the entire contents of the page down, and was always causing me to click in the wrong places.

This problem is not nearly as severe, but I like to be able to control for page redraws.

Well, if it's speed you're worried about, inserting a few bits of text should be pretty negligible compared to all the other processing the script does. If it's page size you're worried about, I guess I can understand that. We can add a non-interfaced option to toggle it and just default it to on. For now if you want to get rid of it you can find salastreadOverlay.js in your Firefox profile, search for "function handleThreadList" and remove these lines:

code:
lastLink = persistObject.selectSingleNode(doc, threadTitleBox, "DIV/DIV/A[./text() = 'Last']");
if (lastLink)
{
	threadReCount = parseInt(threadRepliesBox.textContent, 10) + 1;
	lastPageNum = Math.ceil(threadReCount / postsPerPage);
	lastLink.innerHTML += ' (' + lastPageNum + ')';
}
Maybe we can do some "Minimalist" options or something.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

RedKazan posted:

The script uses your ID for comparison, try setting it to 68607 (your ID).

I'll be fixing this soon to not need the user id which is a pain to get.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

snickers1127 posted:

Really? It's working fine for me.

Nope:

And still, the threadview button thing.

Panzerfaust
Jul 8, 2006

Just when you think that there's nobody around to kill you, BOOM, remote controlled Panzerfaust outta nowhere.
Sorry if I'm retarded and missed this, but I read the thread and didn't see any mention of it. Or if I did, I misinterpreted it as being something else.

Is it possible to use the forums default buttons with SALR anymore? Cause I updated and restarted, only to find the SALR style buttons being used. After scouring the options menu, I can't find a way to change it back. I like SALR's functionality, but I like the look of the forums default buttons better than the SALR ones.

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy
Forums section, icon frame thingy. uncheck the boxes.

Panzerfaust
Jul 8, 2006

Just when you think that there's nobody around to kill you, BOOM, remote controlled Panzerfaust outta nowhere.

||||||| posted:

Forums section, icon frame thingy. uncheck the boxes.
Ah poo poo, I did this but another option I had checked was interfering with it. All fixed now, thank you sir. :)

raven77
Jan 28, 2006

Nevermore.
I looked through the past 2-3 pages, so please forgive me if fixes for these problems were mentioned and I missed them... First off, I think this was mentioned by someone else, but I am no longer seeing user's posts getting colorized. User ID colors is working, just not their posts. Also, big red custom titles aren't being shrunk. This is with the most recent update.

Edit: Nevermind about BRCT's, that seems to be working, I guess either I imagined the problem or the page didn't load fully before.

raven77 fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Oct 3, 2007

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
Does this reply bug out for anyone else using SALR?

I'm using the 070830 build.

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

GLOCK: Explosive Firepower!

The Dark One posted:

Sure does.

Carnivean
Feb 14, 2004

by Peatpot

The Dark One posted:

Yeah, but it's just an unclosed spoiler tag.

Aratoeldar
Mar 21, 2005
I am not sure if this is supposed to be working or not. The threads that I have posted in, the Replies column doesn't show up as yellow when there are new replies.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Maybe I'm just retarded, but how do you use the "Ignore threads" function? I thought I used to be able to right-click a thread title in the thread listing and ignore it, but for some reason that option isn't there for me like I remember it. Am I doing it wrong?

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
The context menu has to be enabled under Menus.

RedKazan
Apr 4, 2003

Aratoeldar posted:

I am not sure if this is supposed to be working or not. The threads that I have posted in, the Replies column doesn't show up as yellow when there are new replies.

Xenomrph posted:

Maybe I'm just retarded, but how do you use the "Ignore threads" function? I thought I used to be able to right-click a thread title in the thread listing and ignore it, but for some reason that option isn't there for me like I remember it. Am I doing it wrong?

duz posted:

Known Issues

Ignoring threads not working entirely right
Converting YouTube links to the embedded player not working entirely right
Coloring of threads posted in not working and may be a while
SALR starring a thread does not add a star
Unreading doesn't work in Ask/Tell, SAMart and other alternate template forums, this is a problem with the forums, not SALR

Keep up with the current known issues guys, they are in the second post and updated every release.

PovRayMan
Dec 25, 2002

Never get Freudian on a man holding a pickle.
SALR 1.99.070930 here, no problems and I'm 100% loving it. I was surprised by the almost daily updates over the past week since I'm mostly a casual user and not a hardcore sh/sc thread reader.

I have a request which is a bit of a vanity since it has nothing to do with the function. I'm just wanting to be able to change the < ^ > arrows with my own images. I have none made or anything to replace with, I'm just interested in seeing something new I guess. Since I use that for navigation often I suppose I'm just a bit bored by the look. Also, perhaps making that blank square on the bottom favoritize the thread (on/off function) or something I don't know. It's just been blank for too long :xd: !

raven77
Jan 28, 2006

Nevermore.
Just a further clarification of my earlier post: I just realized background coloring is working for usernames that I specify, but the posts by OP of a thread, mods and admins aren't getting colored.

RedKazan
Apr 4, 2003

PovRayMan posted:

I have a request which is a bit of a vanity since it has nothing to do with the function. I'm just wanting to be able to change the < ^ > arrows with my own images. I have none made or anything to replace with, I'm just interested in seeing something new I guess.

Do a search in your Firefox profile for gesturenav-*.png and replace them with whatever you want (preserving those filenames). If you decide to keep them like that, make backups of your copies so you can re-replace them whenever you upgrade SALR, as they will get overwritten.

RedKazan
Apr 4, 2003

raven77 posted:

Just a further clarification of my earlier post: I just realized background coloring is working for usernames that I specify, but the posts by OP of a thread, mods and admins aren't getting colored.

True enough, I'll check it out.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

raven77 posted:

Make sure you have op flagging enabled in your control panel on the forums and make sure SALR has highlight interesting or important usernames checked.

RedKazan
Apr 4, 2003

duz posted:

Make sure you have op flagging enabled in your control panel on the forums and make sure SALR has highlight interesting or important usernames checked.

He's right, colorPost was only being called if the user was in the database. Fixed.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Thanks for all the work you guys keep putting into this. It's appreciated!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

RedKazan posted:

Keep up with the current known issues guys, they are in the second post and updated every release.
Whoops, my apologies. Thanks for the tip. :)

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Hey duz or RedKazan, any word on the problems I'm having (edit buttons still showing, new replies showing on top of the go to last post button, threads not always going to the last read post)?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

hooah posted:

Hey duz or RedKazan, any word on the problems I'm having (edit buttons still showing, new replies showing on top of the go to last post button, threads not always going to the last read post)?

The edit button thing is fixed and should be in the next update, probably Friday. Threads not always going to the last read post is a tricky one because of the image loading nonsense, I have to keep moving around the call to the function that does that until I find a sweet spot that always works. As for the new reply count, I'm still trying to come up with something that'll work.

RedKazan
Apr 4, 2003

duz posted:

As for the new reply count, I'm still trying to come up with something that'll work.

I got that covered.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Thanks, guys. I was getting worried that I'd started to sound like a nagging douche.

EvilMuppet
Jul 29, 2006

Good night catte thread, give them all many patts. I'm sorry,
Never mind, didn't read far enough back.

EvilMuppet fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Oct 5, 2007

ampleforth
Dec 23, 2004

So it goes.
I just tried to post a short story I wrote and it got lost. The thread didn't post. Is there any way the post is somewhere in a text file on my computer? This is a mac, by the way.

THanks!

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy
There is a recover last post at the top. It might have it saved, otherwise you are out of luck.

Aratoeldar
Mar 21, 2005

||||||| posted:

That sounds really hard :) I just added bookmarks to my SA menu as a link.

Call me an idiot, but how do I do this?

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost; -J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis

|||||||
Aug 19, 2004

I'm not Chemmy

Aratoeldar
Mar 21, 2005

||||||| posted:

*snip*

Thank You.

I feel like an idiot. :O

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabachinova
May 6, 2007

You say...

You say you'd still rather wear the outfit.
I don't get the forums menu, it shows when the page is loading but when it's finished it disappears.

• Locked thread