Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Fireworks for Christmas is absolutely American
That patch is ornamental, i'm pretty confident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
A dashing swordsman needs to look the part at all times.

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne
I'm pretty sure there'll have been a valid reason for Elan to get an eyepatch, even if he was healed of it afterwards. I also think that the reason will be explained in a book rather than in the main strip. It's just a hunch, but I think the missing 3 months would make a good 'not-main-plot' storyline to stick its own book. (He can't do 'origins' forever, after all)

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Didn't someone already mention the practical purpose of an eyepatch?

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Noonsaliwah posted:

I'm pretty sure there'll have been a valid reason for Elan to get an eyepatch, even if he was healed of it afterwards. I also think that the reason will be explained in a book rather than in the main strip. It's just a hunch, but I think the missing 3 months would make a good 'not-main-plot' storyline to stick its own book. (He can't do 'origins' forever, after all)

I might be convinced of this if A) everyone would kill him for keeping major plot of the protaganists in the books, and B) he said when he announced his new schedule due to his health he wouldn't be taking on anymore side projects or books like that while he's not healthy.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
He also said there was one more in the works that'll be finished.

happyelf
Nov 9, 2000

by mons al-madeen
I like how hinjo gets increasingly pissed off in each of his meetings with their 'allies'. You can tell it was starting to wear on Elan, too.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well, Elan looks like he's crying from both eyes, so the right eye at the least has some functionality, and is... uh, there.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

greatn posted:

Well, Elan looks like he's crying from both eyes, so the right eye at the least has some functionality, and is... uh, there.

Maybe all that's left are his tear ducts. :(

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.
New one's up:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It's up! It's up! :siren: Eypatch answers revealed!

e: curses ^^^^^

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

That one was, uh... kind of boring.

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma
I think it was mostly Burlew's way of telling us that we're going to have two separate plotlines for the forseeable future.

And I can't wait for the strip where it's revealed that Belkar is using Roy's severed, hollowed-out head as a hat. After all, we're pretty much on-board with the idea that a significant piece of the body is just as good as the whole actual body, for Mark Of Justice purposes. And what piece is more significant than the head? And it's Belkar's style, anyway.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?
Yeah. I think it's going to be a long time before everybody is back together, if ever. Though I hope he at least reunites some of them soon, as having three separate plotlines running simultaneously could get pretty annoying.

Though he hasn't really started on the main story arc yet, so it's kind of hard to predict where he's going to go with this.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I've been playing the new Neverwinter Nights 2 expansion, and it touches on Atheism in D&D (as the thread was discussing earlier) and I think I can understand it somewhat better now.
It's not so much that the Faithless don't believe in Gods. They know they exist. They just believe the gods aren't doing them any good.

Which makes sense to me.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
But that's not Atheism, that's more akin to apathy.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Gyges posted:

Apatheism.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Gyges posted:

Sure it is, they don't believe the gods are dieties worth worshipping. In a D&D sense that can make it atheism.
I know Kelemvor exists but I met him as a mortal and he was a big fat jerk, so technically I don't "believe" in him.

It's hard to relate it to real world stuff since Gods don't exist here and we can't walk up to them, talk to them and label them as "dick".

Appalitch
Apr 25, 2007

Phylodox posted:

Apatheism.

All hail mighty Apathos!

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
I guess that this answers the question of what that cloistering spell did.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

New strip up. site is getting hammered so I'd advise clicking this instead:

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Hmm the dialogue seems a tad forced so far, but I think I'd rather get plot dumped than have it slowly spooled out anyways.

MelvinTheJerk
Jun 4, 2001

I'm still here.

terminal mehmet posted:

A lot of set up with a nice little punch line. I'm digging it.

Foodpie
Apr 20, 2006

And THAT is how you get rid of those hard to clean stains.
DAMNIT SHOW ME BELKAR! I love that murderous little bastard.

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT
Redcloak is going to be so pissed off when he finds out that his long-lost ninja niece had the hots for Elan.

You know, if my conjecture is right.

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.

NutShellBill posted:

Redcloak is going to be so pissed off when he finds out that his long-lost ninja niece had the hots for Elan.

You know, if my conjecture is right.

I don't think the Ominous Red Text is coming from Redcloak

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004

Read Start of Darkness, that's what I'm referencing. I think She's Right-Eye's daughter that he managed to smuggle away to a mysterious location .

Or maybe just some random green alien chick for the Star Trek joke. But I maintain that I'm right the first time.

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma

terminal mehmet posted:

You know, Elan makes a pretty good argument there, on several counts. Shinjo was right on about just about everything; Hinjo and Miko threw down with their righteous Lawful wrath; a few days later, Azure City was in ruins. Maybe it's time for Hinjo to emphasize the "Good" part of "Lawful Good"...

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

NutShellBill posted:

Read Start of Darkness, that's what I'm referencing. I think She's Right-Eye's daughter that he managed to smuggle away to a mysterious location .

Or maybe just some random green alien chick for the Star Trek joke. But I maintain that I'm right the first time.

I sincerely doubt this is the case, since disloyal or not, Kubota is still a lord of Azure City. I cant see him going to hide his single remaining family member with the same people who slaughtered the rest. Her skin is probably just some sort of ninja thing and not goblinhood.

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004

The Werle posted:

I sincerely doubt this is the case, since disloyal or not, Kubota is still a lord of Azure City. I cant see him going to hide his single remaining family member with the same people who slaughtered the rest. Her skin is probably just some sort of ninja thing and not goblinhood.

True, but it depends on how many ressources Right-Eye had at his disposal. It's hard to imagine that he had the time or luxury of choosing a nice Goblin family, and he even chews out Redcloak for this in SOD, lamenting that he has no idea where she is, saying that she could with humans, or worse. Kabuto doesn't seem like a Good Samaritan, but he does seem the type to train a disposable assassin/slave.

I guess this ninja could just be a disposable goon, but it seems odd that Burlew would have her show up twice beforehand unless there was something to it.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

The Werle posted:

Her skin is probably just some sort of ninja thing and not goblinhood.

Her name is Therkla and she looks like she has green skin. Seems to me she's probably a half-orc like Thog.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Phylodox posted:

Her name is Therkla and she looks like she has green skin. Seems to me she's probably a half-orc like Thog.

The coloring would be about right for it, good call.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Phylodox posted:

The coloring is right, but do the women get all the brains or something? Thog was depicted as being roughly a three-year old who could be pointed in the right direction for things like cake and shininess. Doesn't really fit with her dialogue there

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

wodin posted:

The coloring is right, but do the women get all the brains or something? Thog was depicted as being roughly a three-year old who could be pointed in the right direction for things like cake and shininess. Doesn't really fit with her dialogue there

Thog is a Fighter/Barbarian, so Intelligence is going to be his dump stat. INT is more important for Rogues, Ninjas, and other skill-monkey classes. And why are we spoilering this branch of speculation again?

Wonder what Therkla's dump stat is. Charisma? :ninja:

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.
What's with all the non-spoiler spoilers?

Anyway, Thog's intellect is just due to him being Roy's evil opposite, Roy being a potential wizard and having an MBA and all. The new ninja woman could easily eat the -2 to Int as a Half-Orc and still be smart.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

IMJack posted:

Judging by how easily she falls for an enemy, Wisdom.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

IMJack posted:

Wait, who's Therkla?

Eckertmania
May 11, 2007

"'Hey, a computer took your place, daddy.' That's hard times! That's hard times!"

Schwarzwald posted:

Wait, who's Therkla?

Ninja girl in the last strip. I think...

Jon
Nov 30, 2004
It's possible she's an undeadified Haley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Dr. Ron Paul posted:

It's possible she's an undeadified Haley.

No it's not. How could it be? She was on the ships in the original evac.