Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.

Competition posted:

I feel so ashamed of my vinyl...
http://www.notpopular.com/board/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=46600&forum=1&start=0

p.s. B9 might be tolerable if they split it into sub-forums to dilute the poo poo, but as it is: it''s terrible. I don't even want to know what viv is if it's considered to be worse.

Ah, Das Oath. My mate Ellis has a shitload of their stuff - including the Cum Shot edition version of some 7" and the Das Oath vibrator. Class band. We put them on in Guildford on Halloween a few years ago and it was loving nuts. Other bands were all in fancy dress (Twofold, November Coming Fire, xJackox and maybe one more). Singer from Das Oath ended up with some kid's teeth rammed into his forehead, and I had to take him shopping for stera-strips at the 24 hour Tesco to keep the wound closed because he didn't want to go to hospital. People were cleaning fake blood off the ceiling till about 3am and still had to come back to do more the next day.

Viva La Vinyl - think C-Zine, but worse record nerdery from skramz kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me

p0isonxfree posted:

Yeah, I never picked it up when Rivalry still had it because I couldn't get into the IA side. I see that one up on eBay a lot, but it's going for like 10ppd and I don't want it quite that bad, I'd settle for the black that they pressed like 1500 of or something ridiculous like that.

quite frankly i never got into anything IA did.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
They were fun live sometimes, and I listened to them on and off a bit, but yeah I agree with you for the most part. I just saw them with Converge a few weeks ago and pretty much whenever they weren't playing a song it was Cory complaining about the scene now, or about people talking poo poo, or about how Carry On was played during IA's set up time.

On a side note, I can't remember if it's been mentioned in here or not but Go It Alone is breaking up too. I can't say I'm too upset though, I was pretty disappointed with Histories. It just lacked the energy that their other releases had. It doesn't look like they have any other dates except the last show in Vancouver I think. I looked a few days ago but I don't remember exactly.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

I think I'm seeing Wingnut Dishwashers Union monday, and MDC/Cit Fish Wednesday, should be a good week.

mrmanatee
Jun 22, 2006

Positive outlook

RunTo TheHills posted:

Sup dudes, list me some good Folk Punk bands.
I already listen to TBIAPB, Defiance Ohio, Young Pioneers, Ghost Mice, maybe a few others i can't remember right now.

Basically the whole Plan-It-X catalogue is good for this... except most of it is actually pop punk. But in general it's not a very well-defined genre. Aside from what's already been mentioned, Mark Leonard and Wingnut Dishwashers Union are good.

On a related note: I really like all things Spoonboy; both his solo album and the Max Levine Ensemble are excellent.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha
I don't know if CRIME As Forgiven By Against Me! is folk punk at all really but it's on Plan-It-X and kicks rear end.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Capitan Dad posted:

I don't know if CRIME As Forgiven By Against Me! is folk punk at all really but it's on Plan-It-X and kicks rear end.

Yeah, that album rules but I wouldn't consider it folk punk at all.

Jan 4, 2007
J Church
Camels, Spilled Corona And The Sound Of Mariachi Bands
(Broken Rekids)

From the AVClub's Permanent Record Feature. I keep listening to the song "Bomb" on the page, is the rest of the album as great?

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Punch in the Face LP is out on Lengua Armada, the limited cover is weak compared to the regular cover so don't be bummed. Same guy Sutfin drew it as the ep's. Absolutely mandatory listening.

Picked up:

Dropdead - Unjustified Murder reissue
Sinks - Get outta my house
Threatener - And the bending of throats
Out with a bang - Love my life
Mob 47 - st reissue
Cold War - Bloody Nights
Blank Dogs - st ep
The Cult - Born to by wild
Shopping - st ep
Casus Belli - Punishment
Spits - 19 million ac
Manson Youth - death dance
Hellshock - warlord
Epileptics - last bus to debden

In Disgust - Reality choke

The Jam - All Mod Cons
Death Angel - the Ultra Violence
Tyrant - Too Late To Pray
VA - Nothings quiet on the eastern front
Avengers - st lp
Vendetta - go and live
Defiance (not the punk band) - Product of Society
Crow Music - st lp

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
lately i can't get enough of XFilesX, Spazz, Ceremony, Das Oath and Systematic Death.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha

Mike_V posted:

Yeah, that album rules but I wouldn't consider it folk punk at all.

Why do people consider Against Me! folk punk

walkingistillhonest
Mar 1, 2007

mrmanatee posted:

Basically the whole Plan-It-X catalogue is good for this... except most of it is actually pop punk. But in general it's not a very well-defined genre. Aside from what's already been mentioned, Mark Leonard and Wingnut Dishwashers Union are good.

On a related note: I really like all things Spoonboy; both his solo album and the Max Levine Ensemble are excellent.

Spoonboy rules. We played with Max Levine at the Black Cat the other night. Quality dudes. I get so happy every time they cover "Divorce Court"

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
We played a killer show last night with Fruit Punch and The Low Budgets. Fruit Punch killed it like always but the Low Budgets blew my mind. Joe Jack was dancing and bashing his synth, Chris was contorting in ways i didn't think possible while holding a guitar, and Steve jumped from behind his drums, flew over the stage and started rolling on the ground, kicking people. Insanity. The Boils played too but I hate them so I left.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

VinylCollective.com's messageboards are somewhat intelligent - I've been to far worse on the internet.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
Vinyl Collective gets so much of my money its not even fair.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Speaking of suckers I just got Born To Expire, Brightside and Can't Close My Eyes on ebay. Brightside pic disk was 10$ cheaper, so I went with that over the 1st press, other two are 1sts.

Goooodbyyyye money. Helloooo records.

edit- and the Generations comp on blue

Not an Anthem fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 18, 2007

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Arson Equity posted:

Threatener - And the bending of throats
In Disgust - Reality choke

This. The new In Disgust/Sidetracked Split is loving awesome. And so is the new threatener 7". I also finally found Tear It Up - Nothing To Nothing on vinyl and i could not be happier.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
You guys heard of the hail seizures? They loving rule:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjZYreNld-E

I just ordered their split with the pasties.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Whoa, I totally expected something different then I noticed Olympia. No offense, I hate that stuff, and that town sounds like it generates pretty much nothing but that.

Chronic Seizure recording new album late january, I did a video interview with them last night full of really offensive (even to myself) horrible things I will comically edit down and hopefully put on youtube within a week or so.

edit- TEAR IT UP

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Arson Equity posted:

Whoa, I totally expected something different then I noticed Olympia. No offense, I hate that stuff, and that town sounds like it generates pretty much nothing but that.

Chronic Seizure recording new album late january, I did a video interview with them last night full of really offensive (even to myself) horrible things I will comically edit down and hopefully put on youtube within a week or so.

edit- TEAR IT UP

hahaha, it's all good dude, to each their own.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
Here's another great video from the Hail Seizures that i mentioned in my post above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCad_ZEqJ0I

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Arson Equity posted:

edit- TEAR IT UP

I loving love Chronic Seizure. Those dudes loving blaze. That's one of the faster hardcore bands I've ever seen. I can't wait for this.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Full length on fashionable idiots/no way then an ep on lengua armada a month or two later.. get psyched.

DaLkO
Mar 27, 2005

graaaahhh me maties

Arson Equity posted:

No!! We have nice hardcore and crust scenes, I swear it!

Izzy Mandelbaum
Dec 5, 2006

It's go time

Capitan Dad posted:

Why do people consider Against Me! folk punk

Have you heard anything pre-Eternal Cowboy? Yeah....

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Old Noise posted:

Have you heard anything pre-Eternal Cowboy? Yeah....

This is a confusing post on many levels. Did you even read his initial post regarding AM! where he cites Crimes, As Forgiven By...? I'm actually interested in your definition of folk-punk and why you believe any era AM! can be considered it.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
New Sinaloa LP in the spring on Level-Plane. Hellllz yeah.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Arson Equity posted:

Full length on fashionable idiots/no way then an ep on lengua armada a month or two later.. get psyched.

Absolutely. Just got a punk venue up and running here in Camel City so hopefully they'll do an east coast tour.

Christ, I've been here for 2 years now and the best show to come to town has been Turbonegro (AAGGHHHHHHHH). I need to get on the ball and start booking poo poo.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Arson Equity posted:

On No Way? Man, Brandon and I need to catch up.

The Spookmaster
Sep 9, 2002

Played tonight with Ruiner, poo poo outta Luck, The Convicted, and Iron will. Was plesantly supprised by Ruiner and aside from poo poo Outta Luck's dumb banter they were pretty solid too.

DaLkO
Mar 27, 2005

graaaahhh me maties
Me and 7 other friends just won spots on the guest list for Municipal Waste and Suicidal Tendencies next week. So loving stoked! Especially considering tickets were like $25 if we didn't win...

Spliff
Sep 16, 2005

i love choking myself when i cum.
For any Tampa goons, be ready for Friends Forever Fest! Dec 16th at Transitions.

It will be Shed For You's last show(http://www.myspace.com/shedforyougrind)

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

DaLkO posted:

Me and 7 other friends just won spots on the guest list for Municipal Waste and Suicidal Tendencies next week. So loving stoked! Especially considering tickets were like $25 if we didn't win...

You're reallllly lucky. A bunch of my friends saw Municipal Waste and all agreed that it was the best show they'd ever gone too. And these are guys who average 1-3 shows a week, so..

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

Slackerish posted:

You're reallllly lucky. A bunch of my friends saw Municipal Waste and all agreed that it was the best show they'd ever gone too. And these are guys who average 1-3 shows a week, so..

Waste really is incredible live. The only show I've been to better than the three waste shows I've been to was RAMBO's (most recent) last show.

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007
If you have the "Public Safety" MRR comp LP, the photo on the back of it is me, Grande from Annihilation Time and Ryan from Gilman stagediving at a Municipal Waste show in '02 or '03 at Burnt Ramen in Richmond. That show was insane. Yes, Ryan is flying through the air past a couch about 18 ft off of the ground in a nasty warehouse.

Also, if you haven't heard them yet, there is an amazing experimental Peacepunk band from Oakland called Surrender. They have a demo tape and a 7" out and are in the process of recording with Jason from Neurosis for an LP. I can't rave about them enough. They are all great people tooooooo....

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

End Result, Negative Element, Strike Under, and Mentally Ill played last night and a few Naked Raygun songs thrown in with Jeff singing, rocked out of his mind.

The movie "You Weren't There" premiered, which is a great documentary on the history of early chicago punk and its venues. Highlight might be John Kezdy bitching about being an old clueless fart or Vic Bondi calling Steve Albini out for a fight on camera.

Lusy
Oct 1, 2005
I'm a guy

COCKISPOISON posted:

Also, if you haven't heard them yet, there is an amazing experimental Peacepunk band from Oakland called Surrender. They have a demo tape and a 7" out and are in the process of recording with Jason from Neurosis for an LP. I can't rave about them enough. They are all great people tooooooo....

Isn't that members of Onion Flavored Rings?

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.
Went and saw Shemer, lovely Limits and some others up in Kingston on Friday. Good times. Some pics here if anyone's interested. Shermer're gruff punk stuff, I've gone on about the Limits pretty often on here.

Sunday was a bugger - drove up into London to see Holy Ghost Revival, got there and found they'd already played before 8:30pm. drat. Went drinking at another bar with £1 a shot Jaegermeister with Connor and co while a metal covers band were playing. Turned out to be a good night.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
belle epoque is the best french skramz. listen to the a la derive lp.

is amanda woodward still active or is dude just doing aussitot mort now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

I finally checked out Brutal Knights, and that's some fuckin good poo poo.