Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

THE LUMMOX posted:

belle epoque is the best french skramz. listen to the a la derive lp.

is amanda woodward still active or is dude just doing aussitot mort now?

Celeste holds that position in my heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..

Parachute Underwear posted:

Celeste holds that position in my heart.

Same here. I never really got into Amanda Woodward or Aussitot Mort, just kinda found them boring.

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]
Best French bands:

-Mihai Edrisch (especially first LP)
-Celeste (especially the new one)
-The Third Memory
-Aussitot Mort (but Amanda Woodward is kind of boring)
-Daitro
-Belle Epoque
-Sed Non Satiata
-Brume Retina

It's hard to put them in order though.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..

ddonahue99 posted:

Best French bands:

-The Third Memory
-Daitro
-Belle Epoque
-Sed Non Satiata
-Brume Retina

My order would be this:

Awesome: Celeste, Mihai Edrisch, Daitro
Boring: Amanda Woodward, Aussitot Mort, the rest of them.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

ddonahue99 posted:

Best French bands:

-The Third Memory
-Daitro
-Belle Epoque
-Sed Non Satiata
-Brume Retina

1. Celeste
2. The Third Memory
3. Amanda Woodward (La décadence de la décadence is their best work in my opinion, Collection is a bit boring and I haven't heard the rest)
4. Daïtro
5. Sed Non Satiata
6. Mihai Edrisch
7. Belle époque
8. Gantz

Haven't heard Brume Retina or Aussitôt Mort though.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Apparently Belle Epoque are playing here in Columbia in a few weeks. Are they worth checking out?

EDIT: This is not the band you are talking about I guess since they are from Texas.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha
Wheeeee, the conversation has swung back to emo.

So not only is Tigersuit probably one of the best songs ever written, I'm going to make my own tiger suit, as soon as I can find an orange hoodie.

e: I've become obsessed with that song over the last couple of days srsly.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

Capitan Dad posted:

Wheeeee, the conversation has swung back to emo.

So not only is Tigersuit probably one of the best songs ever written, I'm going to make my own tiger suit, as soon as I can find an orange hoodie.

e: I've become obsessed with that song over the last couple of days srsly.

Its not even the best song though! The A side of the record is way better. New Day Scenario on the Daitro split 10" is their best song.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
Temporary Residence [https://www.temporaryresidence.com] has announced that on December 1, they will be launching a very large preorder featuring releases from Japanese band Envy:

"Abyssal" CDEP / LP (Brand new EP featuring four new songs; approx. 30 minutes of new music; first 500 orders get colored vinyl)

"All the Footprints You've Ever Left and the Fear Expecting Ahead" CD / LP reissue (two different colored vinyl versions available while supplies last)

"Compiled Fragments" CD / 2xLP (first 400 orders get colored vinyl)

"A Dead Sinking Story" CD / 2xLP reissue (first 400 orders get colored vinyl)

There will be a Winter Pre-Order Pack that will also be available only during the month of December, including all of these releases on CD or vinyl formats, and these packs get first crack at colored vinyl.

Pre-orders will ship on or around January 7, 2008.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Oh gently caress, All The Footprints vinyl re-issue? On that.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Inspector_71 posted:

Oh gently caress, All The Footprints vinyl re-issue? On that.

Yeah, so stoked.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
servant to the red and blue, the green, yellow and white

THE LUMMOX posted:

Its not even the best song though! The A side of the record is way better. New Day Scenario on the Daitro split 10" is their best song.

I'd argue that their stuff from the split with Funeral Diner is even better, but that's probably swayed because the Funeral Diner song is great as well.

Also, the Envy winter pack is going to be a Christmas present to myself. I'm all over that.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.
Speaking of French bands, anyone heard of one called Human Kaos? Got a split of theirs with Pledge Alliance, and it was seriously good. Also, Krap Nek - dodgy name, but loving ace band. Metallic hardcore kind of stuff.

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]
I am definitely getting those Envy reissues. Can't wait!

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Wizard Mannequin posted:

I finally checked out Brutal Knights, and that's some fuckin good poo poo.

Such a great band. The 7 inch that Tony put out is classic.

Teorema
Mar 6, 2007
La Chiesa ha fatto un patto col diavolo... un popolo degenerato, mostruoso, criminale... non ho speranze, non mi disegno un mondo futuro, tendo verso una forma anarchica.
I saw Daitro play with Ampere and Daniel Striped Tiger twice in one day and it was amazing. It was like my 7th time seeing Ampere and 3rd seeing DST but I had never gotten a chance to see Daitro, and those dudes are intense. The Ampere/Daitro split and their tour 7" are really good, too.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
Wow I thought the Envy pack would be over 100$. Solid loving pricing from TR.

I've been jamming Daniel Striped Tiger - Capital Cities like every day since the summer. Its such a good loving record if you slept on it you suck.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Picked up the Generations comp on blue and YOT first press on caroline.. boners

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Arson Equity posted:

End Result, Negative Element, Strike Under, and Mentally Ill played last night and a few Naked Raygun songs thrown in with Jeff singing, rocked out of his mind.

The movie "You Weren't There" premiered, which is a great documentary on the history of early chicago punk and its venues. Highlight might be John Kezdy bitching about being an old clueless fart or Vic Bondi calling Steve Albini out for a fight on camera.

drat it. Figures I hear about Strike Under playing a show after it happens. I didn't realize "You Weren't There" finally got released.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Wasn't really Strike Under, sort of a scab lineup

Question, why do people like Cold World?

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Arson Equity posted:

Because they're from Austria and sound like Heresy!

Oh, you mean the band on Lockin' Out? gently caress EM.

Xithyl
Jul 17, 2004

Watching You Pee

Arson Equity posted:

No idea why people like a certain band you don't, dude.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Arson Equity posted:

I've never figured it out, either.

LordBukkake
Feb 21, 2007
The year is one!!
Say myself and two frequent SA lurkers ran a streaming punk radio website? Would it be kosher with the mods if I made mention of it here? I'm not sure if they count that as illegal file sharing, or if advertising my website on the forums like that is cool.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
So i was listening to my library on shuffle today (80 gigs. wayyy too much music) and i rediscovered how much i love Capitalist Casualties. Sooo good.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha

LordBukkake posted:

Say myself and two frequent SA lurkers ran a streaming punk radio website? Would it be kosher with the mods if I made mention of it here? I'm not sure if they count that as illegal file sharing, or if advertising my website on the forums like that is cool.

I think you'd be okay in telling us

LordBukkake
Feb 21, 2007
The year is one!!

Capitan Dad posted:

I think you'd be okay in telling us

Alright then, Capt. Dad. There's not much else to describe here; we play mostly street punk and UK82 stuff, but we've been on a real rock n' roll kind of kick lately (think fullbreach kicks). We also play some hardcore and ska. Its a pretty solid mix. I think we can play about 2 weeks worth of music before anything repeats. We're not for profit and are actually losing money keeping the site up, so any listeners or support at all are really appreciated. I figured you guys might be into something like this. We also have a really small and lovely forums that we would really appreciate posts on. The site is https://www.frontlineradio.net and our myspace (yeah, I know) is http://www.myspace.com/frontlinepunx

Let me know what you think.

Scro
Oct 24, 2005
I've been listening to:

A Skylit Drive
ance gavin, dance
Enter Shikari.

I really enjoy their sounds. i'm just curious on what everyones opinions are of them? And does anyone have any bands with similar sounds?

Scro fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Nov 30, 2007

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
If you like those bands you'll definitely like Sky Eats Airplane!!

early Bullet For My Valentine is great stuff as well.

Seriously though, listen to any of the envy records people have just been discussing and then decide if you need to off yourself or not (you do).

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Few And the Proud "last last show" tonight, hell yes. King Khan and BBQ are playing with Busy Signals tonight too.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Goddamnit. First Kawakami/Disclose, then Chelsea/Paintbox, now Jakke from Kaaos has passed away. gently caress 2007.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Just ordered the All The Footprints... repress and preordered the Ghastly City Sleep LP w/ test press.

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]
My girlfriend ordered me the winter pre-order pack with Insomniac Doze as the free record for Christmas. :cool:

I really want that Ghastly City Sleep record too.

AcrobaticTenement
Oct 24, 2006

Tuff Luff

Scro posted:

I've been listening to:

A Skylit Drive
ance gavin, dance
Enter Shikari.

I really enjoy their sounds. i'm just curious on what everyones opinions are of them? And does anyone have any bands with similar sounds?

Hell yeah, I've only heard the 4 songs that ASD has on their myspace. Only missing 3, but still. I think they kick rear end, Nightmare where did you get them teeth is a really cool song.

Xithyl
Jul 17, 2004

Watching You Pee
I just bought the LP pre-order pack from TRL.

Maybe I can convince someone who will be buying a gift simply to wrap it with $90 in there as my gift.

mind eraser
Dec 26, 2005
Monkey see, Monkey do, Monkey has low I.Q.

ddonahue99 posted:

Best French bands:

-The Third Memory
-Daitro
-Belle Epoque
-Sed Non Satiata
-Brume Retina

As odd as this sounds, I actually prefer the older 90s French emo bands to this current sound. And by that I mean bands like Fingerprint, Anomie, Jasemine, Peu Etre, Undone, Cartha Matha, and a few others.

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]

mind eraser posted:

As odd as this sounds, I actually prefer the older 90s French emo bands to this current sound. And by that I mean bands like Fingerprint, Anomie, Jasemine, Peu Etre, Undone, Cartha Matha, and a few others.

I'm not familiar with any of the older ones

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Where can I buy that Envy stuff from TRL?

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]

Inspector_71 posted:

Where can I buy that Envy stuff from TRL?

Inspector_71, posting about Envy? I'll be damned! http://www.temporaryresidence.com - go to their catalog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ddonahue99 posted:

Inspector_71, posting about Envy? I'll be damned!

I know, it's madness!

Thanks for the link. I guess they weren't up when I checked last time.