Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RipVTide
Jul 28, 2002

Run you jerk with an EYE FOR QUALITY you! Run!
Nap Ghost
So through multiple hard drive crashes and such I've noticed that I've lost and can't find some old somethingawful images, because the old links are down, and the hard drives are borked. I'm guessing that I'm not the only one, so here's a thread for requesting and filling requests of old lost SA images/mp3s/goldmines/etc.

My requests:

The last posted River City Labyrinth .gif. The preview image can still be found here:

But the link is woefully broken. I put a ridiculous amount of time into that and would love to finish it off, but I can't find the animation anywhere.

Second request is a bit more far fetched, it's from the classic Photoshop Richard Simmons into Hubcaps thread. The image I'm looking for is called "simmonswtf.gif" and is a looping animation of Richard Simmons bouncing around a wheel of a driving car. Yeah..

RipVTide has a new favorite as of 22:37 on Dec 2, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoundMakesSense
May 9, 2006

It's the only way out.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the whole point of PYR (Post Your Request)?

EDIT: All right, it's cool now I guess.

SoundMakesSense has a new favorite as of 23:00 on Dec 2, 2007

RipVTide
Jul 28, 2002

Nap Ghost

Callow posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the whole point of PYR (Post Your Request)?

Thanks, not completely up to date with all the new forums. Closing this thread to repost in forum where no one will ever find it, ever. Thanks.

RipVTide has a new favorite as of 21:59 on Dec 2, 2007

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'm ok with this being in GBS. It's fun to look back and no one really reads PYR so this thread gets an exemption to become a general "hey remember this..." thread.

angerbot has a new favorite as of 22:00 on Dec 2, 2007

SoundMakesSense
May 9, 2006

It's the only way out.
My apologies.

RazorRainbow
Sep 7, 2007

by Fistgrrl

RipVTide posted:

Thanks, not completely up to date with all the new forums. Closing this thread to repost in forum where no one will ever find it, ever. Thanks.

what about the tables?

Arch Stanton
Nov 23, 2003
EYEBALLS AND TONGUES DON'T MIX EW EW EW EW EW
What happened with the guy who helped the crying girl in a wheelchair and ended up going on several awkward dates with her?

RipVTide
Jul 28, 2002

Nap Ghost

RazorRainbow posted:

what about the tables?

Made a nice timg with a link to the full file, but had to change it since timg doesn't seem to work with png files or something, I don't know. Whatcha gonna do.

Callow posted:

EDIT: OKAY I'M A DICK, SORRY.

Dude no problem, you were right I was wrong. I guess thread reopened though, cool.

pandasmustdie
Feb 2, 2005

He deserved it
Does anyone remember an ALOD from ages ago that was some crazy religious website that claimed the Pope was the antichrist and had all these hellish sound effects in the background? If anyone has a link I'd really love to see it again.

RazorRainbow
Sep 7, 2007

by Fistgrrl

RipVTide posted:

Made a nice timg with a link to the full file, but had to change it since timg doesn't seem to work with png files or something, I don't know. Whatcha gonna do.

change the img format.

marshmallard
Apr 15, 2005

This post is about me.
A while back, there was a thread with a link to a site where punters could rate brothels. In the thread people posted some of the more :wtc: reviews, and it was hilarious.

I can't find the thread. I want to get the website link because I'm convinced this place across the road from me is a brothel. I'd love to see if it has reviews.

I've tried searching for "brothel", "whorehouse" etc, but I just can't find the drat thread.

Thanks in advance, goonmates.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Anyone know what happened to that CellHut guy?

Chrodyn
Apr 10, 2007

I had been hoarding a massive folder of SA images/creations from about 2004 when I started lurking up till october. I say "had" because last month my computer friend and I lost everything on it, ended up just buying a new system. Sorry I can't be helpful
v:shobon:v

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
Whatever happened to the guy who was going to start pulling out his teeth because they were all rotting out, and he couldn't afford to see a dentist?

jeknhyd
Aug 31, 2004
careful with that axe, eugene
What happened to the guy whose girlfriend got caught up in the Southwestern Company bookfield crap? That was intense.

Also, what ever became of that European Maxim that showed the woman with a bag over her head and a gorgeous body? There was supposed to be a big unveiling and I never could find anything about it.

jedite333
Sep 5, 2006
I need scissors! 61!
I ask for this file on every "lost stuff" thread and no one seems to remember it, but I guess it couldn't hurt to keep asking...

There was an mp3 file wayyyy back in the olden days of SA (before the forums were pay-per-account) here on the forums that I've been looking for forever. It was a dancey techno song, with a robot voice announcing he was "not gay not gay n-o-t-g-a-y notgay," and talking about "prawns." Yes, it's stupid, I know, but my friend and I still talk about it and use it as an injoke even to this day and I think it would be cool to find it again.

Anybody?

bobthenameless
Jun 20, 2005

Ok, what about the fragmaster recitation of the f-zero rant? "oh ho ho ho, its mmmmmmegacock!" etc?

Also I have the dragonmaster prank call somewhere. If anyone wants it I'll dig it up

marshmallard
Apr 15, 2005

This post is about me.

Zook posted:

What happened to the guy whose girlfriend got caught up in the Southwestern Company bookfield crap? That was intense.

Also, what ever became of that European Maxim that showed the woman with a bag over her head and a gorgeous body? There was supposed to be a big unveiling and I never could find anything about it.

marshmallard has a new favorite as of 13:21 on May 11, 2017

RipVTide
Jul 28, 2002

Nap Ghost

bobthenameless posted:

Ok, what about the fragmaster recitation of the f-zero rant? "oh ho ho ho, its mmmmmmegacock!" etc?

Seriously, first link on goodle search:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=713189

http://www.somethingawful.com/automaticturban/junk/fzero.mp3

Upgrayedd
Apr 25, 2004
When this baby hits 88mph, you're gonna see some serious shit
I remember a thread a while ago that had a bunch of .gifs of patrick duffy's head shooting lasers at people who would then subsequently eat poo poo.
There's a youtube video that has some of them, but I cant find the thread in the goldmine.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
There once (years ago) was an image of a broken wagon (the Oregon Trail kind of wagon), broken down in a river. Someone had photoshopped a generic 'you lost: 50 bullets, 2 wagon spokes' etc. on it. I always regretted not saving it somewhere, and searching through numerous old Photoshop Friday frontpages didn't turn up anything. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

I'm not even sure if it's a good photoshop, but I remember thinking it was hilarious.

RipVTide
Jul 28, 2002

Nap Ghost

Upgrayedd posted:

I remember a thread a while ago that had a bunch of .gifs of patrick duffy's head shooting lasers at people who would then subsequently eat poo poo.
There's a youtube video that has some of them, but I cant find the thread in the goldmine.

Original:

http://archives.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1291250

Followup:

http://archives.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1679217

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
There was a photoshopping thread where someone posted the supposedly first ever film, it was just of a man walking. It went gold at 35 posts and only 1 submission by the OP, though it progressed into quite an awesome thread. Anyone have a link?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

There's one I've been trying to find in the archives, it was a photoshop thread of a poorly drawn comic of Mario (of Super-Mario fame) talking to a doctor, and in the final panel clapping his hands to his face like he was shocked by the doctor's diagnosis. The entries were all people putting text into the empty word balloons.

I can't find it no matter what terms I put in the archive search. One thing I do remember was that The Gune thread shat on the idea, then somebody came back and made a comic where the doctor's lines were the 'I'm sorry, but I just don't see this idea going anywhere' comment.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Way waaay back before I was even a member, a goon posted what I believe to be mspaints of a superhero, it was either batman or spiderman (I think spiderman) where he bursts in on a villain type and the villain type is like "oh no!" but contemplating in his head pushing a button on his desk that will set off a trap. Anyone know what I'm talking about? And no this is not the spiderman parody where he promises to pay back MJ with "rape dollars"

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

LadyPictureShow posted:

There's one I've been trying to find in the archives, it was a photoshop thread of a poorly drawn comic of Mario (of Super-Mario fame) talking to a doctor, and in the final panel clapping his hands to his face like he was shocked by the doctor's diagnosis. The entries were all people putting text into the empty word balloons.

I can't find it no matter what terms I put in the archive search. One thing I do remember was that The Gune thread shat on the idea, then somebody came back and made a comic where the doctor's lines were the 'I'm sorry, but I just don't see this idea going anywhere' comment.

http://archives.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1754024

Pancreas
Sep 1, 2007
RAPING WOMEN IS AWESOME AS LONG AS THE RAPIST HATES AMERIKKKA AND IF YOU DISAGREE YOU'RE A GODDAMNED FASCIST FEMINAZI WHO PROBABLY EVEN THINKS THOSE STUPID BITCHES SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO VOTE

THIS IS WHAT I REALLY BELIEVE
I'd really appreciate if anyone could find the thread (or at least the video) where two guys make fun of someone who posted a "Let's Play" about Super Mario 3 and hosed up in pretty much everything. It was absolutely hilarious, and I tried to find it on youtube or in here, but I had no success. If anyone remembers what I'm talking about, please let me see again one of the funniest things I ever saw.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Is there an archived link to the lovely roommate thread?

Kristy
Jun 1, 2000

I love you, Burger Duck.
Anyone remember last Christmas in BYOB some guy made some mp3s, carol of the bells but it was "look at that dog, that loving dog, it makes me laugh, laugh my butt off" and he did a bunch of others? I would LOVE those. Please and tankies!! Merry ho ho!

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

Whatever happened to Fudgy Pumpkin (I think I'm spelling it right)? She posted a thread with pictures about traveling with Bush and Rice to another country, but apparently got in trouble when the thread was pointed out by Wonkette. Is she okay?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

2 things to make me happy.

1. Is there a collection of all of atomo's poser comics in one place? I just re-read the baby driving one and need to see them all again.

2. Akin to the f-zero rant, does anyone have the rant about The Flash and how he is the most overpowered superhero ever?

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Arch Stanton posted:

What happened with the guy who helped the crying girl in a wheelchair and ended up going on several awkward dates with her?
http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1636

RipVTide
Jul 28, 2002

Nap Ghost

"Maybe making a thread wasn't the best idea. It made me man-up and talk to her in the first place, which was good, but once the detectives struck I should have closed the thread and forgotten about it.

I wasn't too worried when someone posted my myspace profile, it was creepy and I didn't like it, but the offending post was edited and all was well. Or so I thought.

A few months later my wheelchair-bound friend had been hearing about myspace and how everbody had one, so she jumped on the bandwagon. I was among the first people who she added as a friend, and I accepted without much thought. Apparently some goon had still been monitoring my profile, even though I had closed the threads months ago. He figured out who she was and sent her several messages via myspace containing information about the forums, what I had done, and a stalkerish love note from him to her.

I died a little inside that day."

Ok wow. Goons.

JfishPirate
Jun 24, 2006
I have been grossly misinformed about witches.
There was a thread about a year ago called something like "Photoshop other things Mavis Beacon might teach". The first reply was "Mavis Beacon teaches bad thread ideas" and the thread kept on going with parodies of the OP's image and other joke entries. Anyone know the link to this thread?

RipVTide
Jul 28, 2002

Nap Ghost

JfishPirate posted:

There was a thread about a year ago called something like "Photoshop other things Mavis Beacon might teach". The first reply was "Mavis Beacon teaches bad thread ideas" and the thread kept on going with parodies of the OP's image and other joke entries. Anyone know the link to this thread?

http://archives.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1899645

But seriously, enough with the requesting stuff that takes 3 seconds to search for in archives.

VVV Too slow Joe VVVV

modeski
Apr 21, 2005

Deceive, inveigle, obfuscate.

JfishPirate posted:

http://archives.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1899645&highlight=mavis

Edit - beaten.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
I want the link to the TCC thread where the kid found a bunch of pills in his grandma's purse and railed them. I thought it got goldmined.

Mister Gooniverse
Dec 1, 2003

Most Valued Poster
2003-2012
There was a thread that some random made once where he mashed up lovely music, the sounds of Wookies from Star Wars, and mixed up Seinfeld quotes - most notably, George yelling "I was in the pooooool - LETS GET NUTS"

It was the worst and funniest thing ever. I have at one point searched through archives and found the thread, but the linked mp3's were long gone.

Anyone?

wow awesome
Apr 21, 2005
Sucks to your ass-mar!
There was this one thread a few years ago where a goon for one reason or another received autographed photographs of some very random celebrity. He took pictures of himself admiring the photos and whatnot, but what I really remember is that this goon had AMAZING teeth, they were just perfect. Who was this goon with the lovely teeth? And who was the celebrity? And why did I think that thread was just hilarious?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

wow awesome posted:

There was this one thread a few years ago where a goon for one reason or another received autographed photographs of some very random celebrity. He took pictures of himself admiring the photos and whatnot, but what I really remember is that this goon had AMAZING teeth, they were just perfect. Who was this goon with the lovely teeth? And who was the celebrity? And why did I think that thread was just hilarious?

It was justin_on_fire, and I think the photos were Vince Vaughn but I might be wrong.