Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Few And The Proud were amazing, Convicted are actually really tight now, still don't like FSU though. Keep gangs out of hardcore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Oh man I've been listening to arsonists get all the girls and just discovered their bass player died. That sucks :(

acup
Sep 11, 2001

I just spent about 300 dollars in the last 5 minutes on Christmas gifts. I did buy myself the Envy preorder LP pack though :).

Thanks for posting about it. I haven't been keeping up with the latest vinyl releases and definitely would have missed out on it.

Rabid Koala
Aug 18, 2003

Does Schoolyard Heroes count? They play a sort of horror-punk with a definite pop aesthetic. All of their songs are catchy as hell and involve zombies and other horror movie cliches. They also seem to improve with each album. The new one, Abominations has some of the catchiest choruses in history. I can picture half of them being screamed in unison by an audience in a packed club.

AcrobaticTenement
Oct 24, 2006

Tuff Luff

A5H posted:

Oh man I've been listening to arsonists get all the girls and just discovered their bass player died. That sucks :(

Really? That loving sucks. I thought they were some pretty funny dudes :sigh:

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.
lovely Limits record release show on Saturday. Carnage. Tired now.

Pics if anyone's interested: http://www.mattwpbs.com/gallery2/v/20071201_Guildford/

maydae
Feb 23, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT SELLING MY DIGNITY TWICE FOR $51 TOTAL
This article was just taken from With Honor's Blogs on myspace

Saturday, December 01, 2007

JANUARY ’08 Shows with Original Lineup
Current mood: happy

So its been a super long time since our last update here, and even longer since we have played a show! Here's what's been going on. For the last year and half we have pretty much been on indefinite hiatus with no plans for shows while everyone has been pursuing other projects.

About a year ago, we donated an unreleased song for a benefit comp which we have just put up for streaming. Be sure to check out the compilation, it is for a great cause and features tracks from Propoghandi, The Bouncing Souls, and tons of others! (for more info checkout Prisoners of War: A Benefit for Peter Young. Recently, the opportunity presented itself to play, and we have decided to regroup with the original lineup for a few shows.

This January, we will be doing 3 shows with our great friends in Bane, along with a benefit in Connecticut for Mike Gang who passed away recently. We are looking forward to seeing everyone again, and we hope everyone will come to the CT show and show their support. Full details for these shows should be up by the end of the week including lineups etc. There are no plans for additional shows at this time.

Look forward to seeing you!
-WH

gently caress yes.
gently caress loving yes.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
For my photo class I could pick my final assignment so I went with shooting records, basically. Collectors, people who cut/print records/sleeves, distros, labels, etc. When I get them back I'll post some funny pictures or disgusting record collector snobbery like my friend's handful of 86 mentality or life's halt test presses customized for him.. or all the crucial youth/naked raygun/token entry/negative approach/code of honor etc firsts he has.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
Just found out Gallows are touring the UK in Febuary, and Set Your Goals are supporting. I'm getting tickets tomorrow. Excited for this. I've seen Gallows before, and they are awesome live, and I missed Set Your Goals last time they toured.

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

The Gallows tour support is Set Your Goals, hosed Up and SSS. Should be fun.

Machine Gun
Aug 22, 2006

what a fucking nightmare

GenghisTron posted:

poo poo, wow, I'd be stoked for that.

Has anybody here seen Say Anything? Are they good live?

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007

GenghisTron posted:

Got a link to a myspace or something for hosed Up, since there are tons of bands with that name.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

hosed Up's only website is http://lookingforgold.blogspot.com

They don't have an informative website but if you look through the posts you'll find pretty much anything you need to know and way more things that are completely fictitious or made-up.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
Citizens Patrol is so loving good. It's pretty funny because they sound so similar to Direct Control and Brandon put the record out but who cares. It is soooooooo good.

For all those that are into Brutal Knights check out The Catburglars for sweet garagey punk.

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

Hrm, just checking before I post this but is it cool to post links to live sets in here?

This guy I know from another board films a ton of shows in Philly and has uploaded quite a few to stream, RAMBO's last show among others..

I'm sure he'd love to get some more coverage for the stuff he does.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007

Arson Equity posted:

hosed Up's only website is http://lookingforgold.blogspot.com

They don't have an informative website but if you look through the posts you'll find pretty much anything you need to know and way more things that are completely fictitious or made-up.

Is there any music online? All I can find on there is talks about their 7". And I don't really wanna fork out money for a 7" of a band I might not like. I just wanna know what they sound like for when I see them.

EDIT: I checked around on ebay and saw stuff wasn't too expensive, so I bought a couple of 7"s and a cd.

RagingPawn fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 6, 2007

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

hosed Up links some of their tracks on their website. Their sound varies a LOT and they have a few experimental things thrown in. Get the "Epics in Minutes" CD or the Litany 12" LP (not 7" EP called Litany) to get a pretty good idea of the early sound.

Catburglars are AWESOME. Local heros. I have some video of them, they have some sweet limited tour edition Bl'ast ripoff tshirts.

Cathab
Mar 3, 2004
I saw Lifetime last night in Brisbane. They were spectacular. Tiny little venue, great crowd, awesome band.

What a great fuckin' night.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.

Arson Equity posted:

hosed Up links some of their tracks on their website. Their sound varies a LOT and they have a few experimental things thrown in. Get the "Epics in Minutes" CD or the Litany 12" LP (not 7" EP called Litany) to get a pretty good idea of the early sound.

True. Also get the Hidden World album. I believe there's going to be some hosed Up shows without the rest of the bill.

Xithyl
Jul 17, 2004

Watching You Pee

Cathab posted:

I saw Lifetime last night in Brisbane. They were spectacular. Tiny little venue, great crowd, awesome band.

What a great fuckin' night.
I missed them when they come through Ontario, stupid me.

I've been revisiting Shai Hulud and every time I do I realize how great they are. Many people here probably aren't very much into them, but every time I go back and listen to A Profund Hatred of Man or Hearts Once Nourished With Hope and Compassion - they become one of my favourite bands all over again.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Arson Equity posted:

Catburglars are AWESOME. Local heros. I have some video of them, they have some sweet limited tour edition Bl'ast ripoff tshirts.

Tony Bitch who put out the last Brutal Knights record is supposedly putting out the next Catburglars record. I can't wait. I recently got both 7 inches (at least I think those are their only 2 records) and I can't get enough.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Xithyl posted:

I missed them when they come through Ontario, stupid me.

I've been revisiting Shai Hulud and every time I do I realize how great they are. Many people here probably aren't very much into them, but every time I go back and listen to A Profund Hatred of Man or Hearts Once Nourished With Hope and Compassion - they become one of my favourite bands all over again.

This Wake I Myself Have Stirred is a loving stellar track, and i still listen to them all the time.

Versus Boredom
Sep 20, 2006
I'm starting to love these electronica hardcore bands.

myspace.com/skymeetsairplane
myspace.com/entershikari
myspace.com/ambushreality <-- check out "mothership"

anyone know of any other bands similar to these?

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!
Has anyone heard of Baader Brains? They have members of Please Inform The Captain This is a Hijack and are sort of similar, they still use sound clips and film clips during their show. And their name has something to do with this. It's all a bit :psyduck: They're more straight-up hardcore than Please Inform the Captain, who I really like, I always thought they were underrated. anyways they just put out an LP.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

theEZkill posted:

myspace.com/entershikari

Horse the band?

Man I hate enter shikari.

Versus Boredom
Sep 20, 2006

A5H posted:

Horse the band?

Man I hate enter shikari.

Yeah I've been into Horse for a few years but the singers voice wears on me. Why do you hate enter shikari

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007

theEZkill posted:

myspace.com/entershikari

Ambush Reality is run by Enter Shikari, it's not a band.

Seeing Enter Shikari on the 22nd for an all nighter. Should be pretty sweet.

Versus Boredom
Sep 20, 2006

RagingPawn posted:

Ambush Reality is run by Enter Shikari, it's not a band.

Seeing Enter Shikari on the 22nd for an all nighter. Should be pretty sweet.

Oh ok I just saw them on their top friends on myspace, checked it out and fell in love with mothership - is it a side project with all the members?

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
Enter Shakari? What happened to this thread?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

theEZkill posted:

myspace.com/entershikari

http://www.myspace.com/cuttingpinkwithknives

Holy poo poo CPWK have a real video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-52EP7XAzs

God they rock so hard and make me so loving happy.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..

Kevar posted:

I think there's an Enter Shikari song in Madden 08 along with Atreyu and Underoath, so I'm just gonna assume they suck.

Xithyl
Jul 17, 2004

Watching You Pee

Hydrac7 posted:

I think there's an Enter Shikari song in Madden 08 along with Atreyu and Underoath, so I'm just gonna assume they suck.
Enter Shikari is on the NHL08 soundtrack as well, along with Bayside.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Not to continue beating a dead horse, but Against Me! have officially entered self-parody:

quote:

The recently announced Foo Fighters winter tour will feature none other than Gainesville, FL upstarts Against Me! in the opening slot.

All arena shows.

Versus Boredom
Sep 20, 2006

Kevar posted:

i hear the more you talk poo poo on slightly popular bands your hxc cred goes up. confirm / deny?

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Retro USHC bands are boring as gently caress. Discuss.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007

theEZkill posted:

Oh ok I just saw them on their top friends on myspace, checked it out and fell in love with mothership - is it a side project with all the members?

It's kinda like a record label thing they put together themselves to release their songs, back before they were as big as they are now.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

theEZkill posted:

i hear the more you talk poo poo on slightly popular bands your hxc cred goes up. confirm / deny?

Confirm, duh!

I honestly had no idea they were popular. I just work with a kid who plays them all the time and I can't stand them. This is just the first time I'd ever heard them mentioned by anyone else.

Anyone check out the new Circle Takes the Square song? Doesn't live up to As the Roots Undo at all. So its kind of disappointing, but its not a bad song. I'll have to hear more off the new album (it'll happen one day...right?) before I pass too much judgment.

Name-drop Fellini
Nov 21, 2001

Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime.
I saw Circle Takes the Square play that song a month ago and it sounded a lot better than the version on their myspace. It's definitely a departure from what they were doing but I guarantee the album version will be better than that one because it sounded pretty epic live.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

Champion Myspace Bulletin posted:

new band
jim from champion on vox
ace from go it alone on the guitars
beej has been playing in the first step on guitars
aaron from lights out on drums
and adam from blue monday on bass

going into the studio next weekend to cut some tracks

loving so stoked on this.