Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

theEZkill posted:

i hear the more you talk poo poo on slightly popular bands your hxc cred goes up. confirm / deny?

I dunno I heard screamo/house crossover is loving retarded and I can confirm it by listening to that myspace page.

Picked up basement screams repop, powerbomb anthems (lim/100), paying ohmage and a lee scratch perry ep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machine Gun
Aug 22, 2006

what a fucking nightmare
:siren:Bayside is on tour in January with Straylight Run and Four Year Strong:siren:

I'm stoked to say the least. They're in my town on Valentines day!

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
Shame that tour doesnt come to the UK, last time I saw Bayside they were awesome.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.

theEZkill posted:

i hear the more you talk poo poo on bad bands your hxc cred goes up. confirm / deny?

Fixed that for you. House show on Friday was fun - mate's 21st, friend's bands playing in the front room, people diving off stairs, window sill and shelf, fireworks outside, neighbour complaining, inflatable shark wrestling.

Just what hardcore should be about.

Xithyl
Jul 17, 2004

Watching You Pee
Are you on the East Coast of the United States? If so, get your rear end to one of these shows.

Blank Stare, Sick Fix, and Coke Bust East Coast Winter Tour

12/26 - RALEIGH, NC @ Volume 11 w/ DIRECT CONTROL, THE OBTRUDERS
12/27 - TAMPA,FL @ Skatepark of Tampa/Transitions Art Gallery w/ ANS, THE BLEACH BOYS
12/28 - DAYTONA, FL / THIS IS FOR YOU FEST w/BLANK STARE, COKE BUST, SICK FIX
12/30 - CHARLOTTE, NC @ Lunchbox Records w/ HARMS WAY
12/31 - WASHINGTON, DC @ The Corpse Fortress w/ HARMS WAY, CULT RITUAL, CHAINSAW TO THE FACE, I HATE THIS + MORE
1/1 - LEMOYNE, PA @ Championship Records (show at 2:30 pm) w/ BETE NOIR
1/1 - ALLENTOWN, PA @ Jan's Room w/ I Hate This (Night Show)
1/2 - NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ @ The Breadbox w/WORMEATERS, I HATE THIS
1/3 - NYC @ Micheline's
1/4 - BOSTON, MA @ The Ratscellar w/ POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT, CONVERSIONS
1/5 - ROCHESTER, NY (EARLY SHOW) @ TBA
1/5 - SYRACUSE, NY (LATE SHOW) @ A House w/ BLACK SS, END OF A YEAR*
1/6 - PHILADELPHIA, PA @ The Puppy Mill w/ I HATE THIS

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Go to TIFY if you can, Harms Way is doing something special. The fact that Harms Way is even touring is special anyways. The Sick Fix tour is sweet too, lineup change finally from what I hear.

The Wolfdowners lp is out too, think combining the Darvocets lp with the Homostupids lp. Cleveland rocks.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Girls, Girls, Girls, I Am the Goddamn Devil and ...and the Body Will Die are the best Transistor Transistor songs

I put on their disco on the way to school today and remembered how loving stoked I am for their next record.

Xithyl
Jul 17, 2004

Watching You Pee
I'd love to go to TIFY, but it's simply impossible.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

Best Friend posted:

:siren:Bayside is on tour in January with Straylight Run and Four Year Strong:siren:

I'm stoked to say the least. They're in my town on Valentines day!

How did this end up in this thread?

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

p0isonxfree posted:

I was wondering this myself.

Along those lines (things that don't belong in this thread), everyone here should pick up Jerry Lee Lewis's live album At The Star Club. The passion and energy is incredible. At a number of points, he plays so fast his backing band can't keep up with him (and on one occasion he even berates them for it). It almost reminds me of old DK live stuff, where Jello is just loving frantic.

But back to stuff that belongs here:

I picked up some Mischief Brew based on recommendations here and i loving love it, especially the split with Bread and Roses (who i also love). Hearing those two bands covering IWW Labor songs is just loving awesome.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl
I read enter shikari as just shikari and I was so confused as to why they were on game soundtracks hahaha.

edit poo poo I just listened to enter shikari, what the gently caress is this.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..

Pantalones! posted:

I read enter shikari as just shikari and I was so confused as to why they were on game soundtracks hahaha.

edit poo poo I just listened to enter shikari, what the gently caress is this.

It'd be awesome if I could play Madden 08 to Shikari. The music on the game is so terrible and Enter Shikari sucks hard.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

RunTo TheHills posted:

I picked up some Mischief Brew based on recommendations here and i loving love it, especially the split with Bread and Roses (who i also love). Hearing those two bands covering IWW Labor songs is just loving awesome.

I love Mischief Brew. Erik Petersen's a really cool guy, and he usually works in some cool covers in every set. I saw him with Johnny Hobo once and he played Fairytale of New York, it was sweet.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Wizard Mannequin posted:

I love Mischief Brew. Erik Petersen's a really cool guy, and he usually works in some cool covers in every set. I saw him with Johnny Hobo once and he played Fairytale of New York, it was sweet.

I want to see him live so bad. Also if he (or any other band for that matter) could lead the audience in a rousing round of Solidarity Forever, i think i could die happy right then.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha

Hydrac7 posted:

It'd be awesome if I could play Madden 08 to Shikari. The music on the game is so terrible and Enter Shikari sucks hard.

I was getting confused, I knew there was something good about the word Shikari.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Capitan Dad posted:

I was getting confused, I knew there was something good about the word Shikari.

Yeah Shikari = good, Enter Shikari = bad. I think Shikari has a split with Louise Cyphre and their side is loving awesome.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

If you do not own this record in one form or another, you are a loving poser.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

The writing on poo poo-Fi is excellent, kinda wish some of the more serious record nerds in chicago would pen up zines from the 70's and 80's rather than talking about judge hammer tattoos. If I see another judge hammer I'm gonna kill myself.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Parachute Underwear posted:

Girls, Girls, Girls, I Am the Goddamn Devil and ...and the Body Will Die are the best Transistor Transistor songs

I put on their disco on the way to school today and remembered how loving stoked I am for their next record.

Tranny are awesome. I've seen them 2 or 3 times now and they just loving rock. I'm still so loving pissed that I missed their Halloween show with CTTS at Tufts. I'm sure that was a loving riot, and I'd like to think there was a bitchin' afterparty (I should probably ask somebody since I know pretty much everybody involved in booking that show.)

Also, new TT LP by summer probably, they're recording in January.

One reason I'm stoked to go back to school is getting to see Sinaloa and Ampere and DST and Tranny every other week. :rock:

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Dec 11, 2007

Machine Gun
Aug 22, 2006

what a fucking nightmare

p0isonxfree posted:

What thread should it be in?

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

Best Friend posted:

What thread should it be in?

Dunno this is the hardcore punk thread bro.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

Parachute Underwear posted:

Oh no way dude their best poo poo is the Wolves split. Also the last song on the Light the Fuse and Run split is really awesome i think its called "the sex made sense at the time"

Totally stoked for new poo poo though, haven't heard anything about it in a while.

Anyone who likes Botch worship should check out The Assailant - Colera LP the vocals are pretty tortured its sweet.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
That Brutal Knights EP is pretty sweet. Hope they make it around St. Louis sometime.

Additionally, Andrew Jackson Jihad is loving awesome.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

p0isonxfree posted:

loving so stoked on this.

Awesome news. This band is going to loving rule.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

THE LUMMOX posted:

Oh no way dude their best poo poo is the Wolves split. Also the last song on the Light the Fuse and Run split is really awesome i think its called "the sex made sense at the time"

Totally stoked for new poo poo though, haven't heard anything about it in a while.

I didn't say the rest was bad, haha.

Machine Gun
Aug 22, 2006

what a fucking nightmare

Capitan Dad posted:

Dunno this is the hardcore punk thread bro.

I don't know man last time checked this was the emo thread as well, bro

Wooley
Jan 11, 2005

i can't read metal font
Anyone around the NYC area should really go check out ATAKKE (http://www.myspace.com/atakkehatesyou). They completely rule, and I just had to miss a show with them and IRON LUNG because i'm not 21 :\. I saw Iron Lung at Best Friends Day this past summer, and for a 2 man band they really get people to go crazy.

I also got ahold of an album by ASSFACTOR 4 randomly off of 7inchpunk.com (not sure if posting music blogs is cool or not, i'll edit it out if not). I was really blown away. Rites of Spring style vocals and guitar mixed with the best kind of hardcore. It really grew on me and i'm trying to find somewhere I can pick up the vinyl now, it rules!

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Best Friend posted:

You do not want to start a genre war. Suffice it to say those bands are not emo.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..

Best Friend posted:

Ahh, one of those kinda posters that wander into this thread.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
Oh god its happening again. I just finished 3 months of therapy related to the last genre war in here, don't make me go back!!!

maydae
Feb 23, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT SELLING MY DIGNITY TWICE FOR $51 TOTAL
Four Year Strong has members of Verse in it.
Thats hardcore.
And Bayside's okay, plus their drummer died.
They can stay for sympathy.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

maydae posted:

Four Year Strong has members of Verse in it.
Thats hardcore.
And Bayside's okay, plus their drummer died.
They can stay for sympathy.

It's good to know we'll have the crews on our side in the Genre War II, then.

Rollin Thunder
Apr 3, 2007

So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world.
Not to break up the impending genre war or anything, but I'm looking for some quick punk rock recommendations. I'm into a fair share of hardcore and heavier stuff, but on the lighter side I've been listening to Strung Out, Dillinger Four and the Lawrence Arms. What similar bands I should check out?

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Strung Up, Wolfdowners and S.T.R.E.E.T.S.

Dancing Potato
May 21, 2007

Rollin Thunder posted:

Not to break up the impending genre war or anything, but I'm looking for some quick punk rock recommendations. I'm into a fair share of hardcore and heavier stuff, but on the lighter side I've been listening to Strung Out, Dillinger Four and the Lawrence Arms. What similar bands I should check out?

Closer to Lawrence Arms:

The Falcon (which is basically the Lawrence Arms minus one dude plus the dude from Alkaline Trio, but still)
None More Black
The Sainte Catherines
Dead to Me
The Loved Ones

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

Rollin Thunder posted:

Get the Fest 7 Compilation it has like 25 punk bands.

Machine Gun
Aug 22, 2006

what a fucking nightmare

p0isonxfree posted:

You do not want to start a genre war. Suffice it to say those bands are not emo.

I'm not about to say they're emo, but they definitely have ties to punk and emo scenes, and Bayside was mentioned earlier in the thread.

I'm not about to start or perpetuate a 'genre war', so this conversation is over.

Machine Gun fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Dec 13, 2007

Cathab
Mar 3, 2004
Ruiner, The Riot Before, The Steal.

Three bands of the moment. The Steal are so loving incredible. I'm after bands that sound similar, that aren't Kid Dynamite or Shook Ones. Any suggestions?

And also - Latterman broke up and that breaks my heart. Those guys were incredible, and I never got to see them live (loving Australia). Any suggestions for bands similar to Latterman too?

SeventySeven
Jan 18, 2005
I AM A FAGGOT WHO BEGGED EXTREMITY TO CREATE AM ACCOUNT FOR ME. PLEASE PELT ME WITH ASSORTED GOODS.

Cathab posted:

Ruiner, The Riot Before, The Steal.

Three bands of the moment. The Steal are so loving incredible. I'm after bands that sound similar, that aren't Kid Dynamite or Shook Ones. Any suggestions?

And also - Latterman broke up and that breaks my heart. Those guys were incredible, and I never got to see them live (loving Australia). Any suggestions for bands similar to Latterman too?

Recommendation: Nothington.

Latterman breaking up was news to me. So sad. :(

edit:

Rollin Thunder posted:

The Swellers
The Flatliners
The Riverboat Gamblers
Smoke or Fire

SeventySeven fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Dec 13, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

I rediscovered On The Might Of Princes this morning, and now they and I Hate Myself are pretty much the only bands I have listened to today.