Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rollin Thunder
Apr 3, 2007

So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world.
Thanks for the recommendations guys, looks like I have a bunch of stuff to check out over holiday break!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me
so happy i got a new record player. finally got to listen to all the records i had purchased when i didnt have one.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I've had 3 records staring at me, gloating because my turntable is buried somewhere in a utility room in my family's new house. It's two Ten Grand splits and a Sons Of Abraham 12", so I want to listen to them all so bad.

walkingistillhonest
Mar 1, 2007
I just preordered the new Lemuria LP. loving stoked.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha

p0isonxfree posted:

I rediscovered On The Might Of Princes this morning, and now they and I Hate Myself are pretty much the only bands I have listened to today.

Nice, that band has beast singing. I'm addicted to the Ampere/Funeral diner split. Easily my favourite "album" right now not bad for like 2 1/2 songs.

Oh and sorry guys I guess say goodbye to Slippy someone got me an early Christmas gift.

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004
I do backflips when you're not looking.

Wooley posted:

I also got ahold of an album by ASSFACTOR 4 randomly off of 7inchpunk.com (not sure if posting music blogs is cool or not, i'll edit it out if not). I was really blown away. Rites of Spring style vocals and guitar mixed with the best kind of hardcore. It really grew on me and i'm trying to find somewhere I can pick up the vinyl now, it rules!

You can easily get their two albums from No Idea's distro but the smaller records are all pretty much unavailable save ebay/trades. But do try to find them. The greatest band of all time, behind Shotmaker of course.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

walkingistillhonest posted:

I just preordered the new Lemuria LP. loving stoked.

Yeah, I preordered this a week or so ago. It's going to be so good!

Capitan Dad posted:

Nice, that band has beast singing. I'm addicted to the Ampere/Funeral diner split. Easily my favourite "album" right now not bad for like 2 1/2 songs.

That split is super short but every second of it is so loving good. Not relevant to this thread at all, but I also can't stop listening to the Owen/The City On Film split. It's ridiculously good.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

p0isonxfree posted:

Yeah, I preordered this a week or so ago. It's going to be so good!

That split is super short but every second of it is so loving good. Not relevant to this thread at all, but I also can't stop listening to the Owen/The City On Film split. It's ridiculously good.

Owen is kind of parallel to this thread, it does have Kinsellas.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

New GAUZE album is the best hardcore record to have come out within (at least) the past 5 years, easily. Better than your favorite band, better than my favorite band. Completely lives up to all expectations.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
fuckity gently caress gently caress Street Smart Cyclist has a new track on myspace. Its seriously too good for words what a sweet band.
http://www.myspace.com/streetsmartcyclist

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Wooley posted:

Anyone around the NYC area should really go check out ATAKKE (http://www.myspace.com/atakkehatesyou). They completely rule, and I just had to miss a show with them and IRON LUNG because i'm not 21 :\. I saw Iron Lung at Best Friends Day this past summer, and for a 2 man band they really get people to go crazy.

YYYYYYYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! That's my girl Chloe on vocals. She and her sister also sing in a rad metal band known as Under Satan's Sun.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
I actually like USS more but maybe I'm just a weiner.

(I haven't seen her in many moons but chloe rocks, ask her about her friend jim beam)

Not an Anthem fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 15, 2007

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007
I adore USS, much more so than Attake. Mostly, I just love Chloe Puke, though.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Lusy
Oct 1, 2005
I'm a guy
Is anyone else as stoked as I am about Zegota touring again?

DaLkO
Mar 27, 2005

graaaahhh me maties

ChaosNonMusica posted:

New GAUZE album is the best hardcore record to have come out within (at least) the past 5 years, easily. Better than your favorite band, better than my favorite band. Completely lives up to all expectations.

HOLY poo poo! New Gauze album!? Kao O Aratte Denaoshite Koi was really great, so I gotta hear this. I'm surprised they're still able to rule so hard.

Lusy posted:

Is anyone else as stoked as I am about Zegota touring again?

I would be if they were coming to the Northwest. :mad:

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

DaLkO posted:

HOLY poo poo! New Gauze album!? Kao O Aratte Denaoshite Koi was really great, so I gotta hear this. I'm surprised they're still able to rule so hard.

So far it's just CD only and the label (XXX Records) doesn't do any overseas distribution, so it'll cost you full Japanese import price (~$30) for a 13 minute CD. Prank is trying to get them to do a vinyl version for overseas, so cross your fingers. Still, if you're a fan of hardcore, you should have stopped reading this post about halfway through and started licking that envelope shut already.

SpacePiper
Jun 16, 2003
Hippo [NOT FURRY]

Cathab posted:

And also - Latterman broke up and that breaks my heart. Those guys were incredible, and I never got to see them live (loving Australia). Any suggestions for bands similar to Latterman too?

Former members of Latterman are in Bridge and Tunnel (also former members of Slingshot Dakota, Each Other's Mothers, etc) and Shorebirds (Matt from Latterman and Chris from Jawbreaker.

Bridge and Tunnel sound like Latterman with less poppy-punk and more guitar-driven "indie rock", all incredibly talented musicians. The other night in NY they played a cover of Rumbleseat's "Cursing Concrete" and it was loving killer. They have a 7" out now and are about to record a full-length.

I haven't gotten the Shorebirds 7" yet, but it is supposed to be rad. It's hard to find but No Idea is getting them in stock soon.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Saw ringworm tonight, tight as gently caress, seriously surprising. The headliner was suicide file with blacklisted, the killer, other generic bands and the convicted. The only good part was ringworm's set and talking with their roadie who is charlie from lethal aggression.

I only liked suicide file's set because it was so packed I could headwalk back and forth. I seriously cannot get into that band.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
servant to the red and blue, the green, yellow and white
I just heard the newest Iron Lung and it's really loving good.

Arson Equity posted:

Saw ringworm tonight, tight as gently caress, seriously surprising. The headliner was suicide file with blacklisted, the killer, other generic bands and the convicted. The only good part was ringworm's set and talking with their roadie who is charlie from lethal aggression.

What did you think of Blacklisted? I've seen them twice and halfway through each set the singer does this weird rear end singing that totally sucks.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Not into that band at all. I went for ringworm.

Hope Con is snoozefest, I like their graphic designer though (not for hardcore records, but they do nice work)

Not an Anthem fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Dec 16, 2007

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
servant to the red and blue, the green, yellow and white
Yeah, I never actually go to see them, they just end up on shows I want to see.

The Spookmaster
Sep 9, 2002

Arson is foolish. Suicide file was amazing as were ringworm. The rest of the bands were a total snooze though.

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me
If you think that a Hope Con set is boring I have no hope for you. No pun intended. Every time I have seen them they were nothing short of spectacular.

Backup Snacks
Jan 27, 2006

WHO THE FUCK TOLD ME NOT TO SPOKE?
I posted awhile back asking for recommendations for Cap'n Jazz type bands and discovered a lot of really awesome bands. One of these bands is City of Caterpillar. I've been listening to their self titled for awhile now and was wondering if you guys could recommend me some similar sounding bands.

kirkjames
Jul 23, 2005

ep!c posted:

I posted awhile back asking for recommendations for Cap'n Jazz type bands and discovered a lot of really awesome bands. One of these bands is City of Caterpillar. I've been listening to their self titled for awhile now and was wondering if you guys could recommend me some similar sounding bands.

They have a pretty unique sound, however, bands that have a similiar sound:

Cirle Takes the Square
A Day in Black in White
Portraits of Past

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

All or most European emo sounds sort of like that too. City of Caterpillar, CTTS, A DAy In Black And White, Portraits of Past and Funeral Diner are pretty much the only American bands that do that sound and it turns out really sick.

And if you want to go the other way from Cap'n Jazz, Die Hoffnung, Saetia and Hot Cross sound sort of like that too, in a different way. And if you like Saetia you can get into Off Minor and keep going and going and going. Use Last.fm.

kirkjames
Jul 23, 2005

So I don't have archives, but I really want to get some of the music from the epic southern california hardcore post.

Whoever made that post should IM me @ kirkjamess

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
I'd like to see that, without having to purchase archives.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

So Dangers and Gorlox are coming to Vancouver Jan 8th, Lummox you coming?

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

Capitan Dad posted:

So Dangers and Gorlox are coming to Vancouver Jan 8th, Lummox you coming?

Naw brah I'm still finishing my degree at UofA :(. I start at UBC september '09 so thats when I'll be living out there full time!

e: I will be visiting friends in Vancouver again this summer though, so if there's any good shows on while I'm there I'll be checking those out.

THE LUMMOX fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 17, 2007

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

THE LUMMOX posted:

Naw brah I'm still finishing my degree at UofA :(. I start at UBC september '09 so thats when I'll be living out there full time!

e: I will be visiting friends in Vancouver again this summer though, so if there's any good shows on while I'm there I'll be checking those out.

Okay man well I'll keep an eye out.

Backup Snacks
Jan 27, 2006

WHO THE FUCK TOLD ME NOT TO SPOKE?
I was a little hesitant about Circle Takes the Square since I always thought they were a Hawthorne Heights type band but I've been listening to As the Roots Undo pretty much all day and I'm really liking it. The back and forth vocals give them a really cool sound.

I also got Funeral Diner - The Underdark and I'm really liking that too.

I'll be sure to check out the other bands you guys listed. Thanks a lot :)

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ep!c posted:

I was a little hesitant about Circle Takes the Square since I always thought they were a Hawthorne Heights type band

You should be shot.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Gehenna repress preorders (also interview in Earth Sucks #2 fanzine) on green and orange are up on the A389 store, Pulling Teeth vinyl shipped/shipping. hosed Up christmas single is shipping or possibly sold out, I dunno if there's show only vinyl but I would guess there is. Its 10$ any which way you buy it as a charity so this is possibly the one time you can't bitch about their prices. Also features no less than 3 million guest artists. Posi Force last show coming up too.

ed- Millenial Reign out as well as a shirt. Not as good as the pinkeye shirt tho, imho, bro.

Not an Anthem fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Dec 18, 2007

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
Earth Sucks #1 pissed me off! It promised THE LAST HOT CROSS INTERVIEW but it was just a stereotypical tour press interview that billy gave before they broke up which revealed nothing new or interesting.

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>

ep!c posted:

You'd probably like Envy, though their sound changes a lot with each new album. The most epic sounding (like CTTS or City of Caterpillar) is probably "All the Footprints...".

Might try the Malady self-titled too - ex CoC and pg.99 members - for a bit softer but no less awesome sound.

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]
Since you mentioned pg.99, might as well throw them out there too.. they have some songs that are City of Caterpillar-ish. Also, do yourself a favor and listen to Portraits of Past early on in your screamo career. Off Minor is another one of my favorites in the genre.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

ddonahue99 posted:

Since you mentioned pg.99, might as well throw them out there too.. they have some songs that are City of Caterpillar-ish. Also, do yourself a favor and listen to Portraits of Past early on in your screamo career. Off Minor is another one of my favorites in the genre.

I agree, in particular the song Goin' South is pretty CoC I think it's one of my favourites by them.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

ddonahue99 posted:

I think the best pg.99 split is actually the one with City of Caterpillar. The two pg.99 songs, especially, are loving awesome. Every time I listen to The List I get pumped up, shame I can't find anything else by Filth.

Also, for A Day in Black and White, the best album is My Heroes Have Always Killed Cowboys.

Jordan, Morgan and Mark from The Blood Brothers have formed a new band with another guy, https://www.myspace.com/pastlivesmusic

Can't wait to see what comes out of it. Jordan had the better voice, in my opinion.

Crumbletron fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Dec 18, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I didn't like Earth Sucks #1 at all, this one is okay due to the Harms Way and Gehenna interviews which are also terse and filled with inside jokes. There's a huge demo review too with tons of new stuff I haven't heard.