Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

THE LUMMOX posted:

fuckity gently caress gently caress Street Smart Cyclist has a new track on myspace. Its seriously too good for words what a sweet band.
http://www.myspace.com/streetsmartcyclist

New song is so good. This goes well with my current kick of listening to tons of Jawbreaker, Braid, and The Promise Ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons
I was out with a few of the older guys in the scene here last night (funny to watch guys who were part of a edge/vegan crew downing on wings and beer), and we had an awesome conversation about the old days and all the cliches. A few we covered:

- The "Metal Head Drummer" in the Hardcore band.
- The "Stage Stalker" lead singer ("this song goes out to all those who feel...." while traipsing across the stage from end to end).
- Mr. "Back To The Audience".
- Basketball jerseys. what was up with that?

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

So excited about this shirt.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

p0isonxfree posted:

So excited about this shirt.

one of the ones printed on VLV or is that an original?

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

From VLV. Got that and a Braid - I'm Afraid Of Everything bootleg shirt together from that girl for 14ppd. Can't really argue with that price.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Got my paycheck and went shopping today, bought the Coliseum/Young Widows split for about $6 and Elliott Smith's From a Basement on the Hill, both on wax :shobon:

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

Threatis posted:

- The "Metal Head Drummer" in the Hardcore band.
- The "Stage Stalker" lead singer ("this song goes out to all those who feel...." while traipsing across the stage from end to end).
- Mr. "Back To The Audience".
- Basketball jerseys. what was up with that?
None of these things have stopped happening and Sports Wings Beer is an "excellent" band.

Got DRI's Dirty Rotten LP, passed up a mint copy of Effigies' Haunted Town tho.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
this thread is making me lose my faith in hardcore hahaha.

anyway, Discarga and S.O.B. kill.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha
Sounds Like Violence: surprisingly an awesome band. Kind of like Sinaloa crossed with Against Me! but from Sweden if anyone wants to check it out, they seem to be pretty big actually (they have music videos and stuff).

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Arson Equity posted:

None of these things have stopped happening and Sports Wings Beer is an "excellent" band.

Got DRI's Dirty Rotten LP, passed up a mint copy of Effigies' Haunted Town tho.

It is not often you get to gently caress up and win at the same time.

(You better have been deciding between rent and records)

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
So now that i'm at home for winter break and i have my vinyls again, i feel that it's necessary to mourn 1905's passing. Goddamn, everytime i listen to Voice, I remember how incredible they were, and how much it kills me to know i missed them for an AP test the last time they played in California.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

That album is so good.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

EvilRobot posted:

(You better have been deciding between rent and records)
Effigies? I've seen a much nicer copy for less at the same record store, plus they're not that amazing of a band. There are much better old chicago bands.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

RunTo TheHills posted:

So now that i'm at home for winter break and i have my vinyls again, i feel that it's necessary to mourn 1905's passing. Goddamn, everytime i listen to Voice, I remember how incredible they were, and how much it kills me to know i missed them for an AP test the last time they played in California.

I really like how underproduced and quiet her voice is. When the dude is screaming it just sounds like shes cooing and its awesome.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

THE LUMMOX posted:

I really like how underproduced and quiet her voice is. When the dude is screaming it just sounds like shes cooing and its awesome.

God, i love her voice. I really hope she shows up in another band someday.

Also, though I've had Voice for years, i just picked up the Amanda Woodward split earlier this year. To the best of my knowledge, that's all they've ever recorded right? Or am i missing any demos or tapes or anything?

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

RunTo TheHills posted:

God, i love her voice. I really hope she shows up in another band someday.

Also, though I've had Voice for years, i just picked up the Amanda Woodward split earlier this year. To the best of my knowledge, that's all they've ever recorded right? Or am i missing any demos or tapes or anything?

I've only ever heard the song from the AW split and I hated it am I missing something.

Wait I'm going to put it on.

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]
I am disappointed to not see this mentioned in the thread so far. Capsule/Robotic Empire have posted a new song off of their upcoming album Blue. It is going to be released February 12.

http://www.myspace.com/CapsuleFL

I have high hopes for this album/band, especially after seeing them at Dude Fest.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

I checked out that new Capsule stuff, I just couldn't get into it.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
Capsule is hella rad drunk awesomeness.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
Just picked up an Andrew Jackson Jihad LP today, and this poo poo rules. Thanks for the recommendation guys.

EDIT: Also, anyone going to the TBIAPB/Defiance, Ohio Shows on the 5th-8th? I'll be at all 3.

Agent Bob
Jun 15, 2007

THE LUMMOX posted:

fuckity gently caress gently caress Street Smart Cyclist has a new track on myspace. Its seriously too good for words what a sweet band.
http://www.myspace.com/streetsmartcyclist

I'm trying to think if they played this at their show last Tuesday...such a fun show. Cody was a suitable replacement for John.

Whoever knows about Carpenter Ant, they just had their last show on Friday. Such a sad thing to see such a great band die.

Here is their last song from the set (well, they played it again like a minute later):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1EcUEyh42M

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

Anyone around the South Jersey area, there's a good thrash/metal/punk show coming up at the Cue Club II on the forth.

Tube Disasters: Awesome local thrash/hardcore band
myspace.com/tdisasters
Decap Attak:fairly new local band, pretty decent thrash
myspace.com/decapattak
Sheeron: Local metal
http://www.myspace.com/sheeron
El Fuego: pretty good power pop band, if you're into that kinda thing
http://www.myspace.com/itmeansfireinspanish

Should be fun though,at least for a local show in an area pretty devoid of much of a scene.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

RunTo TheHills posted:

EDIT: Also, anyone going to the TBIAPB/Defiance, Ohio Shows on the 5th-8th? I'll be at all 3.

They are playing one in San Luis Obispo one night, the 3rd maybe? I'm not sure exactly but I'll be at that one for sure.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Has anyone heard of or listened to Defiance, Ohio?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defiance,_Ohio_(band)

I haven't heard any of their stuff yet but alot of people on other forums I visit have been clamoring about their latest release on vinyl.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

Corbet posted:

I haven't heard any of their stuff yet but alot of people on other forums I visit have been clamoring about their latest release on vinyl.

meh, Plan-It-X bands dont usually capture my attention. Granola punk bores me I guess.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Corbet posted:

lol, look at the few posts above yours dude.

EDIT: Also, all their stuff is available for free on their website.

DoHimJob fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Dec 24, 2007

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

p0isonxfree posted:

They are playing one in San Luis Obispo one night, the 3rd maybe? I'm not sure exactly but I'll be at that one for sure.

I'd go to that one too, make a road trip out of it with some friends or something, but i'll be skiing that day.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

Yeah so Daitro has a new song.

http://www.daitro.com/sounds/de_l_eau.mp3

Split with Sed Non Satiata incoming that should be cool, and repressings of Laisser.

The Spookmaster
Sep 9, 2002

Anyone else going to This is For You Fest this year?

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Capitan Dad posted:

Split with Sed Non Satiata incoming that should be cool, and repressings of Laisser.

Too bad you can only get the repress from Pure Pain Sugar and it's loving 15 euros. I really want to order that and the Daitro/Raein split but that's a lot of money to drop on those.

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!

RunTo TheHills posted:

Ah, thanks for the heads up, I didn't know they were coming back to CA. I'll try to make it to the San Diego show.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

p0isonxfree posted:

Too bad you can only get the repress from Pure Pain Sugar and it's loving 15 euros. I really want to order that and the Daitro/Raein split but that's a lot of money to drop on those.

That's what like 20 bucks each, and they're both 10" right. Yeah maybe if you were getting an extra couple of inches there, still not too bad though. Do you get slayed with shipping? I don't buy a lot of records I guess.

AcrobaticTenement
Oct 24, 2006

Tuff Luff

Parachute Underwear posted:

Jordan, Morgan and Mark from The Blood Brothers have formed a new band with another guy, https://www.myspace.com/pastlivesmusic

Can't wait to see what comes out of it. Jordan had the better voice, in my opinion.

Hell yeah, man. I LOVED Jordan's voice, especially his screaming but he always seemed to be overshadowed by Johnny :(. I'm really pumped to see what comes of this new band, HWC didn't really do it for me.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

Capitan Dad posted:

That's what like 20 bucks each, and they're both 10" right. Yeah maybe if you were getting an extra couple of inches there, still not too bad though. Do you get slayed with shipping? I don't buy a lot of records I guess.

15 euros is more like 30 dollars. I want that record really bad but its hard to justify...especially when theres so much other things I want that are already stateside and a lot cheaper.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

THE LUMMOX posted:

15 euros is more like 30 dollars. I want that record really bad but its hard to justify...especially when theres so much other things I want that are already stateside and a lot cheaper.

No that'd be 15 pounds. The Euro is at like 1.44:1 or something.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

THE LUMMOX posted:

For the two recs together it's 30 euros ppd, which is around $45. The Daitro LP is 12", the split is 10". I just got ahold of an earlier press of the Daitro LP for a pretty good price so I'm excited to be getting that.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

p0isonxfree posted:

For the two recs together it's 30 euros ppd, which is around $45. The Daitro LP is 12", the split is 10". I just got ahold of an earlier press of the Daitro LP for a pretty good price so I'm excited to be getting that.

That is a little steep but would be the standard price of two imported CDs I guess.

Whatever I'm still on the fence about it.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Yeah, depending on how this whole christmas thing goes, I might order the split. I really want it but I'm not sure if I want to shell out 20bux for it.

Backpacker
May 1, 2003
wash mildly, mosh wildly

Wizard Mannequin posted:

I finally checked out Brutal Knights, and that's some fuckin good poo poo.

make sure you check out their winter tour with white load :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Backpacker posted:

make sure you check out their winter tour with white load :cool:

ughhhh, they really need to come out to the west coast sooon.