Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Synonamess Botch posted:

gently caress the haters, guitars need contrast and the pickguard does a fantastic job of it. Really looks gorgeous in that mockup, makes me jealous lots.
Thanks! Just ordered the neck for it, there was only one Tele neck in the entire Warmoth shop that had what I wanted - flame maple / flame maple, stainless frets, 1-11/16" nut width, standard thin contour, satin finish. Can't wait for it all to get here now, but the hardware is backordered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirateparty
Apr 12, 2007

Scurvy

Colonel J posted:

Gibson Les Paul Studio, for 800$ I'm ridiculously happy.

Oooooooooooooooooooooh! The faded LP studio! Hows that badboy sound?

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

Pirateparty posted:

Oooooooooooooooooooooh! The faded LP studio! Hows that badboy sound?

Simply put, it sounds fantastic. I was a bit nervous at first because of how low the price was, but goddamn it, even with a little DS-1, it rocked just as much as the 1500$ Gibsons I've tried at my local music shop. The clean tone is rich and warm.

The finish is beautiful too; it certainly beats the 93892 other Les Pauls with flameburst finishes. The action is low and easy to play (although the 2 bottom strings buzza bit in the lower frets, simple matter of adjusting string height).

In short, it's a really good guitar. Quite the step up from my Chinese Squier Strat.

Bobbaganoosh
Jun 23, 2004

...kinda catchy...

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

I thought about getting that sharktar but decided to get something useful instead:
JC-120

Excellent choice! I've had my JC-120 for 18 years and haven't had a single problem, in spite of all the rugged wear. It's even taken a nasty tumble down a stairwell and survived with flying colors. The stairwell and wall didn't fare so well.

Colonel J posted:

Gibson Les Paul Studio, for 800$ I'm ridiculously happy.

That's an incredible buy. Congratulations on that beauty!

This one found me last week.

I still get giddy every time I play it. Just an unreal instrument.

The Apathy Party
Nov 7, 2005
lost to apathy
I just ordered one of these from my local guitar shop.

I cant wait.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

I got to play one a few days ago and sold my XT Live to win this baby on ebay for 290 shipped :cool:

sup Agreed.

AE
Jul 7, 2006

by Shine
I'm picking up my new (used) Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier in an hour or two.

$700.

Live-in case included.

:toot:

Picture(s) before long.

Steiler Drep
Nov 30, 2004
what?

Bobbaganoosh posted:

Excellent choice! I've had my JC-120 for 18 years and haven't had a single problem, in spite of all the rugged wear. It's even taken a nasty tumble down a stairwell and survived with flying colors. The stairwell and wall didn't fare so well.

That's an incredible buy. Congratulations on that beauty!

Every time I see this guitar, I somehow think the picture was taken in Black and White.

Props on the purchase though. I don't like LPs as much but I guess you'll enjoy it a lot.

Alfa Tard
Sep 30, 2002

Stoopid Noobie

Steiler Drep posted:

Props on the purchase though. I don't like LPs as much but I guess you'll enjoy it a lot.

I love LPs, grats on the guitar!

Draesk
Sep 12, 2007

I hate Zoom, their equipment has a horrible build quality. I've seen so many of their pedals break with so little provocation.

Bobbaganoosh posted:

I actually went :aaa: the first time I saw this. That is loving epic.

Draesk fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Jan 15, 2008

dizzywhip
Dec 23, 2005

dizzywhip fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 9, 2020

AE
Jul 7, 2006

by Shine

Oh baby, if I'm wrong, I don't want to be right. For $700? Mamasita, I can eat Ramen for a little while.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Bobbaganoosh posted:

Happy new guitar day, Guitar of the Week buddy!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Bobbaganoosh posted:

That finish is limited run isn't it? Congrats!

The Apathy Party posted:

I cant wait.

What does it do?

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

hamaien posted:

I got to play one a few days ago and sold my XT Live to win this baby on ebay for 290 shipped :cool:

sup Agreed.

Whaddup :cool:

So, I'm currently unloading all my prior distortion pedals in anticipaton of...

The Damage Control Glass Nexus.

Dual 12AX7@250V tube buffered digital effects unit. Does several great reverbs, delay, and another effect of your choice - several types of chorus, flanger, phaser, vibrato, etc. I don't know why they've got the tubes there, or why they're biased at amp levels, because it isn't a dirt pedal, but whatever - the specs on this thing are great, and I've done a bit of research on the chip they're using in it and I'm very impressed.

Going to retire my Dan-Echo and my little Korg unit (supplying reverb and a tuner, and effects when needed), and then apart from my Danelectro Fish-n'-Chips equalizers and my Morley GL Dragon Wah, I'll have an all Damage Control signal chain.

At least until I buy a new tuner. Might do that at the same time. I've been thinking about a Strobostomp 2, anyone used one? Or other tuner recommendations? I'd prefer to avoid the TU-2 or its Behringer or Fender equivilents, but other than that I'm open to suggestions.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

Agreed posted:

The Damage Control Glass Nexus.

I just looked these up on a few European sites and they're going for €533.82 (about $800). How much is this costing you? Is this another example of stuff being cheaper in the states or this just a really loving good effects box?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

AE posted:

Oh baby, if I'm wrong, I don't want to be right. For $700? Mamasita, I can eat Ramen for a little while.
Yeah, when you're done with it, I'll be happy to take it off your hands. I mean, in case you don't wanna be stuck with it. I'm looking out for you, you see.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

the wizards beard posted:

I just looked these up on a few European sites and they're going for €533.82 (about $800). How much is this costing you? Is this another example of stuff being cheaper in the states or this just a really loving good effects box?

Well, it is a really loving good effects unit, supposedly Eventide-quality effects... but it's only going to run me $400 shipped. It is cheaper here because it is manufactured locally (well, in California), but they're putting the screws to European buyers big time apparently. Sorry man.

Col.Kiwi
Dec 28, 2004
And the grave digger puts on the forceps...

AE posted:

Oh baby, if I'm wrong, I don't want to be right. [a triple rect] For $700?
Dude. $700? Amazing. If you've got a family they're gonna hate you for the next few weeks...

Bobbaganoosh
Jun 23, 2004

...kinda catchy...

Handen posted:

Happy new guitar day, Guitar of the Week buddy!
Thanks! And good recollection! I thought someone would recognize it as such.

mit_senf posted:

Holy crap that is a beautiful finish. Where'd you get it and how much did it set you back?

Via Musicians Friend for $1999. Handen has it pegged: it was Guitar of the Week for week 16.

3toes posted:

That finish is limited run isn't it? Congrats!

Yeah, the Les Paul Classic Custom Silverburst was a limited run of 400. Mine was backordered for the past month and a half. I was fully expecting a phone call informing me they were out-of-stock. Thankfully, they came through with the backorder.

Steiler Drep posted:

Yeah, it partly makes amends for a wrong I committed 9 years ago when I sold my '73 Re-issue Goldtop Deluxe. I missed it ever since.

As with anybody finding the right instrument, it's always a relief to finally scratch a specific musical itch that seems out of reach with other instruments.

And likewise, there are other itches that only my strat or Ibanez can reach in their own right.

AE
Jul 7, 2006

by Shine

Col.Kiwi posted:

Dude. $700? Amazing. If you've got a family they're gonna hate you for the next few weeks...

Even better. I've got a building full of neighbors in this little apartment complex. gently caress EM.

Captain Organ
Sep 9, 2004
cooter. snooper.

The Apathy Party posted:

I cant wait.

so i had no idea what this did, and then i went to the website, and i want this RIGHT loving NOW oh god

The Apathy Party
Nov 7, 2005
lost to apathy

3toes posted:

What does it do?

I may as well just quote the website.

"In addition to astoundingly new effects, the Chopper will produce the ultimate versions of traditional effects such as tremolo, auto pan and Leslie (rotating cabinet) effects, but all with a key difference- the frequency of the effects can be varied with the on-board pedal unit. No additional expression pedal is needed."
website here

There are samples on the site but some of them are just stupid and annoying. One of them is apparently a delay emulation which sounds almost nothing like a delay...
The panning and tremolo effects are what interested me. The Leslie effect would be fun too.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

The Apathy Party posted:

I may as well just quote the website.

"In addition to astoundingly new effects, the Chopper will produce the ultimate versions of traditional effects such as tremolo, auto pan and Leslie (rotating cabinet) effects, but all with a key difference- the frequency of the effects can be varied with the on-board pedal unit. No additional expression pedal is needed."
website here

There are samples on the site but some of them are just stupid and annoying. One of them is apparently a delay emulation which sounds almost nothing like a delay...
The panning and tremolo effects are what interested me. The Leslie effect would be fun too.

Holy poo poo...

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I really want to try their Variable OverDrive pedal, wonder how it sounds on bass.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

Marshall Bluesbreaker II and Dano Fish n' Chips. Cheap second hand because of a few dings on the BB2.

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!
I'm going to buy a Taylor 314 acoustic this evening. It will be my first really GOOD acoustic, and I'm so excited I can hardly pee straight.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

mofolotopo posted:

I'm going to buy a Taylor 314 acoustic this evening. It will be my first really GOOD acoustic, and I'm so excited I can hardly pee straight.
You're gonna fall in love with it.

I play a 412 which is pretty much the same thing except a smaller body and ovankol instead of sapele for the back and sides and it is just a fantastic guitar. The satin neck finish is fast as hell.

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!

Carbohydrates posted:

You're gonna fall in love with it.

I play a 412 which is pretty much the same thing except a smaller body and ovankol instead of sapele for the back and sides and it is just a fantastic guitar. The satin neck finish is fast as hell.

Great to hear! I haven't played a 314, but I've never picked up a Taylor that I didn't like. I'm buying it used for $650 in (supposedly) as-new condition with the warranty still unregistered.

DaFuente
Nov 23, 2003

puppeh
My new project:

It's a 70s SG bass copy made by "Global", which I think had something to do with Teisco. I can't find any info on it online. Buuuut it only was 50 bucks on eBay and I sort of fell in love with its chunky awesomeness.

Here's the headstock:

And here it is next to my workhorse:

DaFuente fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jan 16, 2008

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!

DaFuente posted:

My new project:

It's a 70s SG bass copy made by "Global", which I think had something to do with Teisco. I can't find any info on it online. Buuuut it only was 50 bucks on eBay and I sort of fell in love with its chunky awesomeness.

Here's the headstock:

And here it is next to my workhorse:

My first electric guitar ever was a Global. It was surprisingly good for being a $100 off-brand pawn shop guitar. They have a special place in my heart.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

And here I thought I was over my G.A.S.

Sorry for the lousy picture. My Rivera amp poo poo the bed, so I'm using an old Fender Stage 112 in the meantime. Thought I could use some foot candy to make it a little more interesting. It's everything I had hoped for.

Darth Fungus
Mar 12, 2007
Sausage Smoker
The banjo I got about a month ago, 20 bucks missing the nut, bridge, and 5th string tuner, cost another 50 to repair it and I just got it back. The electric is a couple months old, $80 at a pawn shop. The fender acoustic is old ignore that. The 12 string is a Westminster that I got for $50 at a flea market because the guy who owned it didn't feel like "repairing it". I took it home and found the only repairs it need were new strings, a new set of bridge pins and a good dusting. The neck is straight as an arrow and it sounds better than my $200 fender acoustic. Right now its tuned to some insane modal tuning and capo'd at like the 9th fret and it sounds beautiful.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Avatar 2x12 as shown here - will try to get an actual picture later tonight. I grabbed it speakerless off eBay for $167 and put my V30's in it :hellyeah:

By the way, Dave at Avatar is a :krad: dude.

A big 'gently caress you' to DHL as well, they delivered it to a totally wrong road miles away. Luckily for me the dude who received it was nice enough to call my number that was on the shipping label and tell me.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

bisticles posted:

And here I thought I was over my G.A.S.

I would imagine that a pedal called "OCD" would require the knobs to be adjusted at least 6 times during any song.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Meet Daphné, my first new guitar ever.

It's a Saga Gitane D-500 and it sounds awesome.

act five
Jul 13, 2007

the industry is a fagfest, rappers wearin they boxers backwards for easy access
Bought this tonight for $50 at Guitar Center. Never used before, it was one of the ones that was previously in the glass cases so they were selling it cheap. (Stanton SMX201 for anyone that can't read)

Pyrthas
Jan 22, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

That's an awfully pretty guitar, and I've heard nothing but good things about Gitanes. One of these days I'm going to get a Selmer Maccaferri guitar. One of these days...

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!

R.D. Mangles posted:

I was playing one of those in a shop just the other day, and it was a great guitar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

commissargribb posted:

I would imagine that a pedal called "OCD" would require the knobs to be adjusted at least 6 times during any song.

Haha... actually, I got to try it out last night, and left the volume and drive knobs around 9 o'clock the whole time. Sounded fantastic. I'm very happy with my impulse purchase.