Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Why do people not understand that mileage on the vehicle doesn't = engine mileage. The guy only posted the mileage on the rebuilt engine, and claims that as the truck's miles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whizkid
Apr 16, 2004
The ebay one is hysterical.

His "missus" has more of a mustache than I think I could ever grow.

I'm laughing, but at the same time I really want to punch that guy in the face. He seems like a worthless douche.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

whizkid posted:

The ebay one is hysterical.

His "missus" has more of a mustache than I think I could ever grow.

I'm laughing, but at the same time I really want to punch that guy in the face. He seems like a worthless douche.

Yeah, while it is funny I can't help, but picture the guy in my head. Which in my mind is a scrawny white trash a-d-d addled douche bag with nasty beard wearing a food stained metal t-shirt of some kind.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Poor guy must be getting frustrated. :(

http://asheville.craigslist.org/mcy/518103332.html

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Why do people not understand that mileage on the vehicle doesn't = engine mileage. The guy only posted the mileage on the rebuilt engine, and claims that as the truck's miles.
I don't think I'd post the mileage of a 7-year-old semi, either.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

No links since the ads have expired but not long ago there was a somewhat-rough RX7, an FC Turbo II. Kid was asking something like $3800 for it but it clearly wasn't worth that even in the grainy pics he put up. Last line of the ad? "FLEXIBLE BUT DON'T OFFER ME $2500".

Two weeks later, the ad had been reposted. Except that now the price was "$2500 FIRM".

About another week or two later it was up again, at $2000.

I love it when idiots try to sell a car.

VOR LOC
Dec 8, 2007
captured

Pitch posted:

I don't think I'd post the mileage of a 7-year-old semi, either.

Only 1.2 million easy highway miles!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Lilbeefer posted:

Not craigslist but still WHATTHECHRIST

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200157952682#description

That is the best Ebay listing I've ever seen by far, holy poo poo. That guy must be a goon.

quote:

If he doesnt sell IM GONNA BURN HIM AND TRY N SCAM INSURANCE.

:v:

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jan 1, 2008

DrChu
May 14, 2002

PLAN AHEAD!

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/car/525031330.html

THIS IS A SERIOUS OFFER!

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

leica posted:

That guy must be a goon.

I hate to break it to you, but there are funny people on the internet who are not a member of the somethingawful.com forums.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Mr. Powers posted:

I hate to break it to you, but there are funny people on the internet who are not a member of the somethingawful.com forums.

I hate to break it to you but I was being facetious. Not that it's a big deal, jesus.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

My wife spotted this one:

Rebadge My Car

quote:

I'm looking for someone to rebadge my 2006 Kia Spectra with Mercedes Benz logos. There are 3 places on the car. The grill, the steering wheel, and the trunk. It needs to look professional. Send pics of your work (if available) and estimates. Thanks.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

IOwnCalculus posted:

Rebadge My Car

This is what astounds me...not that someone wants to turn their car into a pose-mobile, but that they're willing to pay to have it professionally done. Of course, the average CL denizen probably thinks that $25 and a six pack of PBR is enough for professional work.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
a customer of mine, who has a Bently, ive seen it, rebadged his Nissan Titan with BMW logos, even the steering wheel.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I'm going to re-badge my Silverado as KIA. They will never see it coming.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Aeka 2.0 posted:

a customer of mine, who has a Bently, ive seen it, rebadged his Nissan Titan with BMW logos, even the steering wheel.
You sure the "Bentley" isn't a Chrysler 300 with an aftermarket grille? Common conversion among the hip-hop crowd, I hear.

Now I want to put Toyota Prius badges on my '84 Crown Vic. Or on that '65 Mercury sedan I've been looking at (and praying the only reason it hasn't sold in a year is because of the 390's abysmal gas mileage).

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Delivery McGee posted:

You sure the "Bentley" isn't a Chrysler 300 with an aftermarket grille? Common conversion among the hip-hop crowd, I hear.

Now I want to put Toyota Prius badges on my '84 Crown Vic. Or on that '65 Mercury sedan I've been looking at (and praying the only reason it hasn't sold in a year is because of the 390's abysmal gas mileage).

Wouldn't happen to be a white 65 Monterey, would it? There's one in Gladewater for $2500.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

iwentdoodie posted:

Wouldn't happen to be a white 65 Monterey, would it? There's one in Gladewater for $2500.
That is indeed the one. Only $2500? I thought it was more than that. Maybe he lowered the price since I stopped and looked a few months ago. Hell, for $2500 I might just have to buy it on principle. (I've wanted a '65 Mercury since the first time I saw a picture of one, though I'd prefer a convertible in one of the higher trim levels, but hey, white sedan = cop car :cool: )

Edit since you don't have PM or email listed: Do you know any details on it? I've only stopped and looked in the windows. If so, drop me a line at deliverymcgee [at] gmail.com

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jan 3, 2008

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/mcy/542553948.html
Some assembly required.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Simkin posted:

Some assembly required.

"Currently is not ridable" Yeah, I kinda got that from the engine-in-the-milk-crate picture. :v:

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

meatpimp posted:

"Currently is not ridable" Yeah, I kinda got that from the engine-in-the-milk-crate picture. :v:

If the average craigslist caller/buyer is any indication, you got assume the buyer has a turnip for a brain. State the obvious over and over.

I just sold my Ford Suv on craigslist and fortunately for me the second caller came with cash, drove the truck 2 blocks then brought it on the spot. I posted a 5 page description of the vehicle along with 12 pictures, detailing everything, and showing pictures of the minor scratches and chips. I priced the truck under blue book poor/low values but higher then the price I want as well as higher as auction wholesale.

I still had guys calling me up asking questions that were in the ad, or going "Whoa, that's a high mileage truck!"

:argh: That's why I'm asking 5,000$ and not 8,000$ you dumb rear end.

Oh well, I posted it and sold it within 2 days so Craigslist is worth what I paid for it. :)

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Simkin posted:

Some assembly required.

Could be kinda fun and a learning experience to put it together.

Jackdonkey
May 31, 2007
my kia has ford emblems

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

AcCeL posted:

Could be kinda fun and a learning experience to put it together.

Yeah for 250, not 600 bucks.

Luxmore
Jun 5, 2001

BigKOfJustice posted:

If the average craigslist caller/buyer is any indication, you got assume the buyer has a turnip for a brain. State the obvious over and over.
That may not be enough. I sold a dilapidated Fiat Spider on Craigslist that had sat in my driveway for 3 years. I said several times in big uppercase letters THIS CAR WILL NOT START IT IS FOR PARTS ONLY I AM NOT A MECHANIC I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEMS ARE and half the replies were "hey dose its start?" or "whats does it need to get started?"

I swear to god I don't know how these people found their way on to craigslist with reading comprehension skills like this.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

Luxmore posted:

I swear to god I don't know how these people found their way on to craigslist with reading comprehension skills like this.
Back when I was selling my Suburban I wrote 556 words for craigslist, and got the retards emailing asking what the general condition of the truck was, along with some brave mouthbreathers calling. If you didn't take the time to read the listing I don't have the time for you, since you'll just tell me you don't want it anyway.

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Scientifically proven to be more fuel efficient than hybrids!
http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/mcy/542419879.html

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Seriously, just bolt it back on.

Luxmore
Jun 5, 2001
So exactly how hard does a bike have to "tip over in the driveway" for the entire front half to come off

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Hypnolobster posted:

Seriously, just bolt it back on.

out of curiousity, how much would a fix cost? Just replace the fork and maybe the wheel?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Ripoff posted:

Poor guy must be getting frustrated. :(

http://asheville.craigslist.org/mcy/518103332.html

That is awesome.

Aeka 2.0 posted:

They don't understand vehicles, period.

There are plenty of people who think if a car has a good engine, it is a good car. As if that is all that matters.

If you showed these people pictures of major components of a car, they probably couldn't even consistently identify which one is the engine.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Rebadge My Car

poo poo like that is really popular in South Korea. Except it's usually people putting the MB emblem on Ssangyongs and Daewoos which have MB engines.

Although I have seen some confused individual's Ssangyong Musso with a BMW emblem on it. And a few Ford Thunderbird emblems on various cars...usually Kias, but not always.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"

Maybe he has a driveway that just happens to be a 45* incline...

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

50$ my loving rear end. Something is seriously wrong here. If I were to sell an item for $4000 and it would take $50 to fix the major issue with it. Just loving fix it and ask for more money.

Thats another craigslist MO:

"Uh yeah, this is wrong with it, but it's cool brah, it should be like $100 to fix"

Right.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Luxmore posted:

Sigh, I know this all too well, the following conversation happened while I had my parents' Isuzu Trooper listed on CL.

:saddowns: How many miles does the car have?
:rolleyes: Slightly over 100k, JUST AS LISTED IN THE loving AD
:saddowns: You come down on price!!
:rolleyes: Uh, no, the car is fairly listed and you haven't even come to look at it
:saddowns: Well, how do I get to Woodbury, Minnesota?, I'm in Ohio. How far is it? Can you give me directions?
:rolleyes: gently caress off.

The next day, a Trooper fanatic who had just moved from Florida stopped by, drove the car around the block, went to the bank and came back with the amount I asked for.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!
Last time we had one of these threads, I introduced you all to the wonder that is the Rochester, NY car sales community.

http://rochester.craigslist.org/car/544446929.html

quote:

95 mustang gt 4 sale - $6500
fully loaded,supercharged, no pics to post at this time

http://rochester.craigslist.org/car/544217944.html

quote:

88 Caprice Clasic (BOX) pics - $7200
305 MOTOR,
115000 miles, seven inch lift kit. Adjustable A-arm 24 inch rims with a 5 inch lip. Only serious inquires $7200 or best offer. Please email

http://rochester.craigslist.org/car/543376104.html

quote:

1987 FORD MUSTANG GT - $7995
This is a one of a kind car. Tons of aftermarket and new parts.Serious only please!Call Shawn at (585)899-9104

I weep for my city.

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Scientifically proven to be more fuel efficient than hybrids!

BigKOfJustice posted:

50$ my loving rear end. Something is seriously wrong here. If I were to sell an item for $4000 and it would take $50 to fix the major issue with it. Just loving fix it and ask for more money.

Thats another craigslist MO:

"Uh yeah, this is wrong with it, but it's cool brah, it should be like $100 to fix"

Right.

I'm pretty sure the guy who wrote the ad wasn't completely serious.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

RealDealNamowicz posted:

Well, that's what you'd hope, but I have a feeling he was.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

RealDealNamowicz posted:

I'm sure he was .. maybe being ironic, but its craigslist.

He'd be lucky to get 1500$ for that depending on how hosed the engine is.

Anonymous Name
Apr 25, 2006

by Fragmaster
Uh, the boston motorcycle ad was an obvious joke. How are you people missing this? "Only 36,000 miles; just broken in!" "E-mail Lou" (no contact info given whatsoever) "tipped in driveway and wheel fell off" I mean there are a bunch of jokes. Geez you guys are dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoylentGreen
Sep 16, 2005

Anonymous Name posted:

Uh, the boston motorcycle ad was an obvious joke. How are you people missing this? "Only 36,000 miles; just broken in!" "E-mail Lou" (no contact info given whatsoever) "tipped in driveway and wheel fell off" I mean there are a bunch of jokes. Geez you guys are dumb.

You know you can contact people throught Craigslist if they didn't leave contact info, right? I've had to do it before and there's a big button right on the page which you can't miss. Not discounting that it could be a joke, though.