Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Arson Equity posted:

If you're in driving distance of Milwaukee I advise thee to get the gently caress there. Its a huge show that starts around 4, Homostupids are on around 8 or so. Probably the only time you'll see them outside Cleveland. Their two tours so far have been

1) Toronto, then home
2) Chicago, Minneapolis, Milwaukee, then home

They probably aren't coming out again anytime soon. Alessandro from Out With A Bang is with them headbutting everything that moves.

I hate you. I hate you so loving much. It's purely jealousy too, y'know. I don't even know you, but I hate you because you get to see The Homostupids and some dickwad from Out With A Bang. I love both of those bands. I want to see them. I probably never will.

Oh well. American Cheeseburger is playing Asheville in February maybe. That'll be good. I'd love to go see Brutal Knights with Double Negative too, but Raleigh is a son of a bitch to find a cheap place to stay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Yeah well if its any consolation I missed Pigsticker, old hometown heros Bludwulf, and Midnight today because I thought I had a date. I would have driven 9 hours alone to see that easy peasy. UNHOLY AND ROTTEN!

I saw homostupids in toronto at the hosed up weekend with brutal knights.. actually I saw them twice there, as well as seeing double negative twice, not to mention all the other bands (millenial reign, urban blight, career suicide, etc).

Its always worth driving out to a show. Make friends in other cities or offer money/cooking/cleaning for a couch to crash that night. I've missed a bunch of sweet out of state shows recently. I think Annihilation Time is playing that lovely south by southwest thing and I would drive down for them seeing as they won't play chicago anymore, then drive back down again for chaos in tejas in may.

Cathab
Mar 3, 2004
Probably a bit out of place in this thread, but you guys need to check out The Ghost in You. They're a band from Brisbane. Pretty much just straight-up punk rock with some hardcore influences, gang vox etc. Truckloads of energy, very much in the vain of No Trigger I spose. Anyway, I think they're really cool, and have seen them a bunch of times around town. Just wanting to hear other people's opinions on them.

http://www.myspace.com/theghostinyou

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Not big on that kind of sound personally. I don't know much about Aussie punk but here's what I do like:

Pisschrist: http://www.myspace.com/dbeatholocaust

When they came to chicago their roadie was Bart from

Schifosi: http://www.myspace.com/schifosi

Shares members with

ABC Weapons: http://www.myspace.com/abcweapons

Other bands:

Miso Maniax: http://www.myspace.com/misomaniax
Anarchoi: http://www.myspace.com/anarchoi
and of course Radio Birdman

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Arson Equity posted:

and of course Radio Birdman

Add Rose Tattoo to that list. poo poo is like the Oi! AC/DC.

ABC Weapons gets a bronze trophy in the best band names category though. The Aussie X isn't half bad, and, well, if you don't like The Saints, you probably hosed up somewhere.

Everythings fine, carry on.

PIT NINJA EDIT: Everything on Murder Punk vol 1 and 2 is loving BRILLIANT

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Arson Equity posted:

then drive back down again for chaos in tejas in may.

So you are going?

This year, so far, I have plans/plane tickets for:

Threat Fest in LA Feb 22nd/23rd (Mostly to see Resist & Exist one last time and hang out with my friends in Doomsday Hour. The rest of the lineup I'm not excited about at all so I'll probably skip the second day to go surfing and party. I'll probably have to wear a gasmask so as not to pass out from the smell of all the crusties)

Tour with Earth Crisis, Terror, Shai Halud, Sworn Enemy March 6th I'm hanging out in Tacoma/Olympia/Vancouver (any record shop recommendations?!) for a few days, meeting up with them there and doing the rest of the west coast with them. I'll be doing merch for someone, come say hi!

CHAOS IN TEJAS May 16th, 17th, 18th. Get ready to get buck loving wild at the boat show! I'll probably be hanging out for a bit in ATX after the fest too, but coming home in time for the Severed Head Of State/Blowback west coast tour.

Considering going to:

Burning PDX It's May 21st/22nd though and I'm thinking I will probably be too haggard from Texas to make it.

Sound and Fury Fest in July in LA for a bunch of bro-hardcore, but not sure yet.

I know it's still early, but anyone else hear of good fests coming up?

I'm taking it easy this year due to health problems, so I will not be on the road all the time. If I decide to take other offers, I'll post so people can say hi! It'll be a mini NMD goon meet, or something.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Arson Equity posted:

:downswords: Aussie bands :downswords:

Don't forget Straightjacket Nation! They're touring the US soon:
http://www.myspace.com/straightjacketnationusatour

The old Australian band X is one of my favorites too. :3:

Yeap from Pisschrist is also in Whitehorse: http://www.myspace.com/getonthehorse

Mass Seperation is from Malaysia, but play in Australia often, so maybe check them out too: http://www.myspace.com/massseparation

----------------

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

COCKISPOISON posted:

Don't forget Straightjacket Nation! They're touring the US soon:
http://www.myspace.com/straightjacketnationusatour

The old Australian band X is one of my favorites too. :3:

Yeap from Pisschrist is also in Whitehorse: http://www.myspace.com/getonthehorse

Mass Seperation is from Malaysia, but play in Australia often, so maybe check them out too: http://www.myspace.com/massseparation

Say you love The Saints :toughguy:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Stroke a bit of luck and picked up Attack in Black's Curve of the Earth LP (planned on attending a show and buying it from them, but had other obligations and couldn't attend), and promptly brought it over to my record player friend's house and listened to it. I seriously think it's the most relaxing thing put to wax in a really long time.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

COCKISPOISON posted:

So you are going?

Threat Fest in LA Feb 22nd/23rd (Mostly to see Resist & Exist one last time and hang out with my friends in Doomsday Hour. The rest of the lineup I'm not excited about at all so I'll probably skip the second day to go surfing and party. I'll probably have to wear a gasmask so as not to pass out from the smell of all the crusties)

Tour with Earth Crisis, Terror, Shai Halud, Sworn Enemy March 6th I'm hanging out in Tacoma/Olympia/Vancouver (any record shop recommendations?!) for a few days, meeting up with them there and doing the rest of the west coast with them. I'll be doing merch for someone, come say hi!

CHAOS IN TEJAS May 16th, 17th, 18th. Get ready to get buck loving wild at the boat show! I'll probably be hanging out for a bit in ATX after the fest too, but coming home in time for the Severed Head Of State/Blowback west coast tour.

Considering going to:

Burning PDX It's May 21st/22nd though and I'm thinking I will probably be too haggard from Texas to make it.

Sound and Fury Fest in July in LA for a bunch of bro-hardcore, but not sure yet.

I know it's still early, but anyone else hear of good fests coming up?

I'm taking it easy this year due to health problems, so I will not be on the road all the time. If I decide to take other offers, I'll post so people can say hi! It'll be a mini NMD goon meet, or something.

Do you have the lineup for Chaos in Tejas? I can't find it, but would consider roadtripping it out there with some friends for that if the lineup is as good as it's been in years past.

Athazagoraphobia
Jan 30, 2005

We built this kitty. We built this kitty on rock and roll!
Anybody going to see Max Levine on the 1/27 (I think) at the Black Cat? I don't know much about the other bands but it should be a good time. I've only seen TMLE once at
St. Stephen's Church but it was great.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

COCKISPOISON posted:

So you are going?

I thought they broke up for good like a year or two ago?

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Going to chaos most likely. Still thinking about driving for annihilation time house shows and not going to the bullshit south by southwest thing. Warcry, Sanctum and Mala Sangre are all nice folks but I honestly could not stomach another "dirty summer kids" ordeal. Maybe I'll bug Underestimated about Chicagofest again.. except no-coast only bands.

Sirius Sam
Apr 12, 2005

BUTTCHEEKS
I've been listening to a lot of Ceremony, Trash Talk and Pulling Teeth recently and I can't get enough of them. What are some other bands you guys would suggest like those? Also, I have a new found love for CA hardcore like Sabertooth Zombie, Internal Affairs, Snake Eyes (and of course the previously mentioned bands). Any suggestions?

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

I KIK HEDZ. I TOLD U I WUZ HARDCORE.

Sirius Sam posted:

I've been listening to a lot of Ceremony, Trash Talk and Pulling Teeth recently and I can't get enough of them. What are some other bands you guys would suggest like those? Also, I have a new found love for CA hardcore like Sabertooth Zombie, Internal Affairs, Snake Eyes (and of course the previously mentioned bands). Any suggestions?

Wolf Whistle
Bracewar
And Shark Attack if you can find their stuff online. I'm too lazy to look.

Dillinger fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jan 21, 2008

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
If you like Snake Eyes check out the long broken up For The Crown. I know at least one of the dudes was in that band, maybe more. Also check out Step It Up. Great bands.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
New Pyramids is sick. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna order it.

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
If you like hardcore punk check out texas locals On My Side! Ive been to probably three or four of their shows and ate with them at ihop. Their shows are great, and they have a lot of die-hard fans that know all the lyrics etc.

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]

Parachute Underwear posted:

New Pyramids is sick. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna order it.

Oh drat, I almost forgot about that one, I will have to listen to it.

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.
Does anyone here have the Braid DVD?

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
just saying Anti Everything by Surf Nazis Must Die is still the best record to listen to if you still go to high school.

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

EvilRobot posted:

Say you love The Saints :toughguy:

Hahaha, of course I do. I used to drive everyone nuts at Amoeba when I worked there by playing the "I'm Stranded" LP everyday.

----------------

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

RunTo TheHills posted:

Do you have the lineup for Chaos in Tejas? I can't find it, but would consider roadtripping it out there with some friends for that if the lineup is as good as it's been in years past.

Timmy has the working lineup posted in his myspace blog here: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=2958230&blogID=341917092
Nothing is certain yet and there's a few surprises in the work he told me about, but I've been sworn to secrecy.

Honestly, no matter the bands, it's so loving worth the trip. I've gone for the past three years and every single time it's such a blast. One time I roadtripped with friends, one time as a roadie and I flew out with some friends last year. There's usually a pre-show every day, then the show at Emo's and then one or two aftershows (Seeing Forward and Warhead play some dude's living room at 4:45am as the sun came up after raging all night is something I will remember the rest of my life!!!) and an all-night party.

GET YOUR loving NOODLES AND YOUR MADDOGG 20/20 SLUSHIES READY!

----------------

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Mike_V posted:

I thought they broke up for good like a year or two ago?

They broke up 'for good' about four or five years ago, but play a fest or show every once in a while. They played Gilman two or three years ago for a benefit for Anarchy Magazine we did and they are scheduled to play Threat Fest.

----------------

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Arson Equity posted:

Going to chaos most likely. Still thinking about driving for annihilation time house shows and not going to the bullshit south by southwest thing. Warcry, Sanctum and Mala Sangre are all nice folks but I honestly could not stomach another "dirty summer kids" ordeal. Maybe I'll bug Underestimated about Chicagofest again.. except no-coast only bands.

Goddamn, you love AT. I still don't get it, but maybe I'm just spoiled.

What's this I hear about CLIT Fest not being total bullshit this year? I heard a little rumor that one of my favorite Chicago ladies is organizing it and workin' some magic?

GOON MEET AT CHAOS IN TEJAS!

Edited to say: I don't know if it's going on this year, but the Reno Brodeo is not to be missed!

----------------

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Dillinger posted:

Wolf Whistle
Bracewar
And Shark Attack if you can find their stuff online. I'm too lazy to look.

I can't seem to get into Wolf Whistle. I really dig Bracewar though.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

COCKISPOISON posted:

Timmy has the working lineup posted in his myspace blog here: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=2958230&blogID=341917092
Nothing is certain yet and there's a few surprises in the work he told me about, but I've been sworn to secrecy.

Honestly, no matter the bands, it's so loving worth the trip. I've gone for the past three years and every single time it's such a blast. One time I roadtripped with friends, one time as a roadie and I flew out with some friends last year. There's usually a pre-show every day, then the show at Emo's and then one or two aftershows (Seeing Forward and Warhead play some dude's living room at 4:45am as the sun came up after raging all night is something I will remember the rest of my life!!!) and an all-night party.

GET YOUR loving NOODLES AND YOUR MADDOGG 20/20 SLUSHIES READY!

Yeah, i'm sure i'll end up going regardless of the lineup, i've always wanted to.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Midnight and Hard Skin, I'm loving sold and that's plenty of non-pc non-kosher salt to rub in the deep d-beat wounds.

I'm gonna mosh your mad dog slushie into oblivion, kkkalifornian! Who's your chicago clit fest buddy, megan or miriam?

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Arson Equity posted:

I'm gonna mosh your mad dog slushie into oblivion, kkkalifornian! Who's your chicago clit fest buddy, megan or miriam?

I WILL OUT-PARTY AND OUT-DANCE YOU ANY DAY OF THE WEEK, YOU SKINNY rear end NO-COASTER!

PS: Maddog 20/20, when placed in a freezer until JUST BEFORE it freezes solid really does make a slushie and I have fond memories of drinking them in La Fraction's van at 5am in the 90 degree heat after partying all night last year. Awesome.

----------------

Agent Bob
Jun 15, 2007
I finally finished my Record nerd list.

http://www.recordnerd.com/lists/DontheBomb/

Soon to be added: The Gate Crashers- Are a Bunch of Motherfuckers LP on green (!!!)

EDIT: For some reason, it won't let me add my one Crimpshrine 7" and Descendents- I Don't Want to Grow Up

Agent Bob fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jan 23, 2008

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
You should put one on Dead Format [https://www.deadformat.net]. That site rules, the kid who runs it has an account here but never really posts. Anyway it's a solid community and way nicer than recordnerd. I don't update my rn anymore because it's such a hassle.

EDIT: Pretty jealous of that Chaos Is Me on yellow. While we're posting lists, here's my current one though I have to update it with some more incoming records which I guess I'll do now. http://www.deadformat.net/tradelist/rivals

rivals fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jan 23, 2008

Agent Bob
Jun 15, 2007

rivals posted:

You should put one on Dead Format [https://www.deadformat.net]. That site rules, the kid who runs it has an account here but never really posts. Anyway it's a solid community and way nicer than recordnerd. I don't update my rn anymore because it's such a hassle.
I might do that. I still feel like I don't have many records. I kind of just started actually trying to collect.

Agent Bob fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jan 23, 2008

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Agent Bob posted:

I finally finished my Record nerd list.

http://www.recordnerd.com/lists/DontheBomb/

Soon to be added: The Gate Crashers- Are a Bunch of Motherfuckers LP on green (!!!)

EDIT: For some reason, it won't let me add my one Crimpshrine 7" and Descendents- I Don't Want to Grow Up

I really really want that Gatecrashers LP. And that Crimpshine 7" is so good. The last record I got that i was super stoked about was the down in flames - start the loving fire on red!

Agent Bob
Jun 15, 2007

Iron Lung posted:

I really really want that Gatecrashers LP. And that Crimpshine 7" is so good. The last record I got that i was super stoked about was the down in flames - start the loving fire on red!

The 7" I got is Sleep, What's That?.

The Crasher's LP on Green I believe there are only 50 of, and I got it off ebay for about $16. I am so lucky.

Wooley
Jan 11, 2005

i can't read metal font
so apparently X is doing a 31st anniversary reunion tour and it's coming absolutely nowhere near me :(

March 2008
TBA - Austin, TX - SXSW
19 - Chicago, IL - Metro
21 - Madison, WI - Barrymore
22 - Minneapolis, MN Caboose
25 - Denver, CO - Bluebird
26 - Aspen, CO - Belly Up
28 - Boise, ID - Big Easy
29 - Portland, OR - Crystal
30, 31 - Seattle, WA - Showbox

April 2008
9 - San Diego, CA - Belly-Up
10 - Los Angeles, CA - Henry Fonda Theatre

other than that, my friend turned me on to this band Initial State. They are really loving good, but I know next to nothing about them. does anyone know this band? where are they from/are they still playing shows?

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Agent Bob, I'll pay shipping for the Hot Lixx Hulahan 7" if you don't want it? They played with breakfast when I saw CFD and I spent my money on the breakfast tshirt, altho I wanted the gimmick 7" more.

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000
WE DON'T NEED ROME TELLING US WHAT TO DO

Wooley posted:

other than that, my friend turned me on to this band Initial State. They are really loving good, but I know next to nothing about them. does anyone know this band? where are they from/are they still playing shows?

Searching for '"Initial State" punk' on google brought up a bunch of stuff. Looks like it's a couple members of Antischism.

Agent Bob
Jun 15, 2007

Arson Equity posted:

Agent Bob, I'll pay shipping for the Hot Lixx Hulahan 7" if you don't want it? They played with breakfast when I saw CFD and I spent my money on the breakfast tshirt, altho I wanted the gimmick 7" more.

Uh....Hot Lixx is a blank 7". It's a "guy playing air guitar". I think you might be confused. I'm keeping it, seeing as it might "go up in value" (lol), but yeah.

And I'm not really trading/selling right now.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Its craig from a billion bands (lately conquest for death), I know what it is. When conquest for death toured they had the 7" but were charging 5+$ for it to raise money for their africa/asia tour. I can guarantee it will not go up in value, I just thought you didn't want it sorry :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Bob
Jun 15, 2007

Arson Equity posted:

Its craig from a billion bands (lately conquest for death), I know what it is. When conquest for death toured they had the 7" but were charging 5+$ for it to raise money for their africa/asia tour. I can guarantee it will not go up in value, I just thought you didn't want it sorry :)

Haha, funny story:

I saw Breakfast/CFD, and I saw that 7" on their merch table and had no clue what it was.

Fast forward to a week later, and I'm at my record store. I pick up the Big Boys double LP, and when I got home, I noticed that the HLH 7" was tucked inside. I was kinda happy I got a free 7", so I went to play it, and I thought my record player wasn't working.

VERY FUNNY, 625!